217. The Drifters

Warning: nudity
Monte Vista, present day...
Michaela couldn’t go back to sleep after she spoke to her father. Talking and thinking about Cameron always did that to her.
“Cam,” she cried as she stared at his photo. She missed him something awful, and not a single day went by without her calling him, she felt bad for the way she left, the way she'd treated him and she didn't know what to say to him, so to avoid hurting him even more, she always hung up when he picked up the phone, Of course she’d turned off her caller ID so he wouldn’t see it’s her, but she guessed he already knew she’s the stalker. 
The need to hear his voice was so strong then, without thinking she dialed his number.She hung up before their lines could connect though. It was just after 4:15am, way too early to be drunk calling anyone, okay she wasn’t exactly drunk calling him, but still, it was an ungodly hour to be on the phone.
With a loud sigh she sprung out of bed, collected her toiletries from her luggage bag and headed to the bathroom.
She spent a long time in the shower, thinking about her father’s call. Talking to him had made her miss home even more.
At first she was diligent with her text messages, but when she started losing herself in the new town, Bridgeport seemed so far away, and the people she loved seemed just as far, reaching out to them became harder each day.
Before her father’s call she’d dropped from three weekly texts to just one. It wasn’t fair on her parents; they were obviously worrying about her.
“Note to self: call home every day without fail,” she told herself as she lathed more of the vanilla scented shower smoothie into her hands.
Half an hour later, she was ready to tackle her day. She was surprised to find Hayden in the kitchen, making a fresh pot of coffee.“No sleep for the damned, huh?” She murmured as she took a seat at the island and patiently waited for her first cup of coffee.Hayden half-turned from the coffee machine and gave her a brief smile. “What’s your reason for being up so early?”“I was on the phone,” she replied.“Cameron?” Hayden’s attention was back on the coffee now.“I wish. It was my dad.”
“Ah, the legendary J.D. Summers.” A bassist himself, Hayden was J.D.’s self-proclaimed number one fan, it’s the first thing he’d told her when they met first met.“He’s just my dad, nothing legendary about him,” Michaela brushed him off.Of course her dismissal made him all the more excited, and it wasn’t long before she was listening to one of his long lectures about why her father was a legend in the music circles.
Lowell joined them moments later. The lecture moved from J.D. to her uncle. Lowell was a drummer and Krisis’ biggest fan boy if there was ever such a thing. Michaela took over the task of making coffee; Hayden had obviously decided talks of music were way more important.
Soon, over their steaming mugs of coffee, the brothers kept ribbing her about Cameron, saying he wasn’t as legendary as his band mates.Being Cameron’s biggest fan she took their bait, and defended him viciously. “Music was never his first love! He’s a photographer first, then a keyboardist. Besides, he is and always will be a legend to me; after all he stole my heart.”
“I’m with Michaela, Cameron wins hands down!” Rene added her two cents worth from the doorway; they all turned to her, surprised to see her there.
“What?” she held up her hands, “it’s not my fault you all get so worked up over music you forget everything else exists.” She explained her quiet presence throughout their exchange.“To what do you base Cameron’s legendness?” Lowell demanded.
“Is that even a word?” Michaela made a face at him as she turned to the coffeemaker to pour Rene a cup.
Her friend gratefully accepted the mug. “On his looks alone, of course.”
Her reply earned her a high-five from Michaela, and the boys groaned in their seats, they could see with Rene on Michaela's side, they'd lost this round.
“But I’d do your mom any day. She’s hot!” Rene added with a wink.
“Dude, come on, that’s just nasty,” Michaela slapped her arm playfully. Rene’s bisexual, but at the moment she had a thing for Lowell, who in turn was a little hesitant to start something with her because he didn’t know how long Monte Vista was going to be his home.
“I have an idea!” Hayden’s eyes were ablaze with excitement.The three of them turned to him with mild curiosity.“Let’s start a band!”Stunned silence followed his announcement.
“Okay, feel free to look excited anytime now,” Hayden growled when he didn’t get the reaction he’d hoped for.
“How?” “Where?” “Why?” Suddenly they all spoke at once.
“It’s simple really; as things stand right now, we are all play separately around town, so why not combine our acts? This will draw bigger crowds, and bigger crowds mean more tips.”
“I say let’s do it,” Rene was the first to jump on the band wagon.
Michaela and Lowell were still on the fence, they didn’t know how long they were staying in Monte Vista.“Let’s do it for as long as we’re here, nothing formal, and when the time comes to move on, we pack up our instruments and go our separate ways.” Hayden suggested.
The longer Michaela thought about it, the more she liked the idea. Yes, why the hell not.“Okay,” she smiled at Rene and Hayden.“I guess more tips can’t hurt,” Lowell added.And just like that The Drifters were born.
By the time Adrian and Sofia, Rene’s parents, came down for breakfast; the band members of The Drifters had already decided who’d be playing what instrument. Michaela would take lead vocals and guitar; the boys would be on the drums and bass respectively. Rene was pretty decent on the piano, so channeling Cameron became her life’s mission.
Sofia and Adrian were thrilled with their announcement, and music talks continued to dominate as they prepared breakfast.
Once upon a time, before they retired to the provincial town of Monte Vista, Sofia was a small time Flamenco singer, and Adrian’s parents had owned a small coffee shop in Sunlit Tides where she used to play, that’s how they met and fell in love.
Michaela thought they were the second coolest set of parents in the whole world, the first being her own parents of course.
They were best landlords too, not that she’d had many before them.
After breakfast, they all retired to their daily chores. The boys helped Adrian paint the rain pipes and clean out the storm drains, Michaela tended to her vegetable patch and Rene was somewhere inside the house, doing the laundry.
They didn't have to do the chores, but because Sofia and Adrian were so kind and didn’t charge them exorbitant rent prices, helping around the house for one hour a day seemed like the right thing to do.
The whole time she was pulling weeds and watering the plants, Michaela kept thinking about her looming phone call to Cameron, she needed to tell him what was on her mind, and ask him to wait for her.
Of course now that she was starting a band it looked like her stay in Monte Vista might be longer, so chances of returning to Bridgeport any time soon were dwindling fast. But it didn’t mean Cameron couldn’t come out to see her.
She liked the idea of his visit so much she immediately dumped the watering can and ran upstairs to get her cellphone.
With shaking hands she called Cameron's cell . It went unanswered a few times.
After the third attempt she decided to try his home line. She died a slow, painful death when an unfamiliar female voice picked up.
“Is Cameron around?” She asked in a slightly bewildered voice.“He’s in the shower,” came the sultry reply, “I can take a message if you want.”“No, it’s okay,” Michaela cut the call before she could yell obscenities at the girl…

34 comments:

  1. Do you hear that??? That's me screaming a very loud SHIT!!!!! from across the country. UGH for the love of all things SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT. Now with the way Mickey thinks she's gonna think he moved on and that she made him wait to long and that he never loved her and a hundred million trillion other ridiculous things that are just bad and wrong.

    And Cam who the hell is answering your phone while you are in the shower???? UGH Not what I wanted to read. :( She's been gone all this time and hasn't once called or texted Cam? That is sad and wrong and mean. I get she's having a selfish moment with needing to get her head straight and all, but damn that man has waited AND WAITED AND WAITED AND WAITED for you and you can't even call after you take off like you did. :(

    I'm just sorta, not really angry with Mickey but I am annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to leave your mini rant for last this time. Last time it was Brooke.

      LMAO, I like the sound of you screaming a very loud SHIT! And you are so right, with Mickey, being Mickey, she might not stop long enough to consider other angles to this phone call situation, and the way she hung up the phone, it seems she's reached her own conclusions. So I can definitely understand your loud SHIT!

      It might be innocent, but with Cam's history, it's most likely not, we'll see in the next update, and I really don't mean to taunt you, but I just can't answer the "who" question with a straight face or without giving anything away. Okay, I'll stop now, enough torturing you and babbling!

      No, she didn't call him or text him, and it does seem cold, but until she knows she's def ready to come home and pick up the pieces she didn't want to reach out to him only to pull back and hurt him again, she felt she'd hurt him enough just by leaving, so when she finally made contact, she wanted it to happen when she was def sure she's ready to meet with him and perhaps start repairing the break in their relationship.

      Aw, I promise I'll try not to annoy you too much in the next update.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Uh oh!
    It's nice to see Michaela doing better, and even starting a new band.
    But that call at the end, I hope it's a misunderstanding, that woman who picked up isn't what Mickey thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the band is a good outlet for her pain, something that will def help her heal. Yes, it might just be a misunderstanding, nothing for her to get worked over. Or it really might be a big problem. We'll see in the next update. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. I don't think Cameron has moved on, but if he has, what did she expect. She walked out on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, if he has moved on, I don't think anyone can really blame him, she didn't give him much of an explanation or something to hold on to when she left. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  4. Trying very hard not to explode.
    Really?!!!!! You left us with THAT?!!!!!!!?
    grrrrr

    Other than that cliffy, this was a great update.
    That was so cute how all her roomies were big fans of the various members of K-Infinity. I have to agree with Rena, of course, Cam wins hands down.. and for the same reasons she said. I LMAO when I read that! :D

    The Drifters are reborn. :) Good name for them.

    okay. all that said.
    Mickey, you need to get your ass out of MV and get it back home to that man before he goes back to his womanizing ways thinking that you've abandoned him.
    and IF Cam has gone and done that then maybe Mickey doesn't need him in the first place since he totally failed this test. If he really really loved her, he'd wait forever.
    Yep. That's my ultimate conclusion. IF Cam has gone and done what that woman answering the phone implies then he's in deep trouble.

    You're putting the next one out tomorrow, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!

      Honestly, it wasn't my intention to leave it there, but if I'd carried on, the update would have been too long, and at the time, it really seemed like a good place to stop. *evil smile*

      Yeah, her roomies are huge K-Infinity fans. You know, when I wrote that piece I actually thought of you and Pixx, since you are both so crazy about Cam, so you both had a hand in giving Rene a voice.

      I didn't even know there was a band called The Drifters till you mentioned them and linked up their song. Catchy, catchy song. We listened to it for the better part of the night with DH!

      I think that's good advice right there, and if I were her I'd def take it. I also think apart from it being a shock to her system, it was also a wake up call for her to get her self together, Cam might love her, but forever really isn't guaranteed (ironic since they are vampires).

      And yes, if he's gone and done what most think he's done, then perhaps they were really not meant to be together.

      Next one will be up later today or tomorrow afternoon my time.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  5. What the!!!!

    Cam is not with someone else now! No way and no HOW! He loves Mickey too much not to keep waiting for her. It hasn't been that long since she left. I refuse to consider it for a moment!

    I love the idea of Mickey in her own band! I bet her parents will be so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! I like your opening like. What the!!!! indeed!

      I agree, he does love Mickey, but the way she left, she didn't really leave say much in terms of where they stand, and as far as things stand right now, they are not really together so anything can happen.

      Me too, I needed her to break away from her family's influence and become her own person and grow in her own right, and the timing with Joshua was perfect, it gave me the gap I needed to work with her. True, her parents will be proud of her.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  6. Your pictures are as stunning as ever.
    Oh poor Michaela. I bet it's Cameron's Mom or something :)
    Can't wait to see the band come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!

      You have no idea how happy this made me. It's so, so, so, so, so (did I say 'so" enough times?) good to hear from you. I've missed you so much, and I hope you are doing okay, and I hope to hear from you soon, not on the comments, but on e-mail or FB or wherever.

      *blushes* Thank you. I appreciate the compliment.

      I like your thinking, about the woman being Cameron's mom.

      I'm very excited for the band, and *cough* Katie *cough* working with them in her songwriting capacity.

      Thanks so much for taking the time to read Krisis and leave a comment.

      Delete
  7. Okay...whoa! At first I was like Michaela's coming back soon...then we meet her little crew and they seem like a fun bunch honestly...she's starting a band! Great idea, my first thought was "Cameron could join the band too right?" and then she calls Cameron and a woman picks up!? I mean it's never fair to assume but I'm making a few assumptions myself...I never said I was fair!

    Any ways great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile so wide, you have no idea.

      I love her little crew, all her life she's been surrounded by family who are mostly adults, so she really needed to be around people her own age. And yes, the band, I'm very excited for them.

      Cameron's already part of k-Infinity, I don't see him leaving his band, but yes, he could definitely drop by and pay Michaela and her band a visit...that is, he could have, until that phone call. So chances of him visiting now, are almost non-existent. And I love what you said about assumptions, it's really never fair, but things don't look too good for Cam.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  8. ~ Oh,noooooooooooo............Cam what have you done!?
    ~ I love that Michaela is healing in her own way!I love her new hair too,but her heart still aches for Cam!
    ~ The boys are the biggest fans of Krisis the band,& would never do wrong by Michaela,so these four forming a band is a life changing thing for Michaela,I just hope she accepts the outcome whether it is a fail or a success!
    ~ Love this & want MORE! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, you too! How could you judge Cameron so quickly without hearing his side of the story!

      Yes, she's doing so much better since she left Bridgeport, she really needed to break away from everyone and figure herself out.

      The boys are cool, it's still early stages, but I can safely see the three of them getting close, in my mind they are really the brothers Michaela never had. But we'll see just how platonic things are in the next few updates.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  9. >:( Cameron. What the hell?
    Poor Michaela! I can't imagine how that felt!
    I hope it's totally innocent, and turns out to be his mother or a maid or something. :(

    Glad everything else is looking good for her, though. This band will hopefully help her move on from all the stuff that's happened. Hopefully letting out her emotions in song-form will be like therapy.
    And, won't mommy and daddy be proud? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! Poor Cameron. He's not feeling any love in this update!

      Whether it's innocent or not, I imagine it was a shock in her system to have another woman answer Cameron's phone.

      Yes, the band will definitely play a big part in her healing, and also defining herself as her own person and musician in her own right, away from her family's influence.

      Krimsyn and J.D. and Krisis will most definitely be proud of her. And this may just be another reason to get her to come back home.

      Thanks for reading and commenting and for giving Krisis a chance. I haven't replied to your first comment, but I will, soon.

      Delete
  10. No, No, No, there better be a good explanation for the other woman and it better not be what I think it is grrrr.

    On another note I love this family in MV they seem so different and fun. I think this is doing Mickey good and love the band name the Drifters :)

    Sorry it took so long to reply. Loved it though accept that voice grrr again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is what you think it is. I could be wrong though, since I'm not entirely certain what you're thinking. But looking at the way Cam's been feeling since Mickey left, I think anything is possible.

      I love them too, they are so normal and so different from the folk of Bridgeport. I'm excited for Michaela and her band.

      No worries, I totally understand about RL.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  11. Who. Is. That. Girl. With. Cameron!! Better not be trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess, I love your reaction. LMAO. We'll see in the next update if she's trouble or not. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  12. .-. No Nextie? D: ima die like Leigh.Except I won't wake up like a vampire D:.WHYY?!....Btw I thought they burried her >.< or was that just Krisis's Dream.
    Signed-So Confused >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next update will be up later today or tomorrow afternoon. Yes, that was all part of Krisis' dream, she wasn't buried at all. Thanks so much for reading and commenting on Krisis.

      Delete
  13. And omg :o who answered his phone.-. Cameron couldn't .-. not Already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. We'll find out in the next update! Again, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  14. ^.^ Btw You should know I would've read this again.Remember That person who posted about re-reading the Forsaken v.v Yeahhh That was me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes so happy, to know you enjoy re-reading Krisis. I promise to update The Forsaken soonish.

      Delete
  15. I trust You Valpre That you will deliver more greatness of Krisis ♥ Loveliee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know, I'm bad, I was supposed to update yesterday, but this week has been so crazy for me. I promise the chapter will be up tomorrow, latest Friday.

      Delete
    2. Nahh your not bad ^.^ You Brought me Krisis and Luca...and Julian...and Jd....and Cameron v.v

      Delete
    3. LOL, you listed all my favs in the right order too! Thanks for this, it made me smile.

      Delete
  16. You have no idea how bad I want to be Michaela right now. Kick out the bleached hair chick, replace Michaela with me, remove all the clothes in the room and it's a party :D

    It's pretty awesome that they're starting a band, but if the guys are werewolves, I can see things getting really shitty really fast.

    If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm totally off your vampires, gimme all of your werewolves minus the clothes...I'll bring the cake, and the whipped cream...and the chocolate syrup ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omg that ending is killing me! Who is that girl and why is she at Cameron's house, and while he's showering?! But the rational part of me knows Cameron is not that stupid to cheat on his girlfriend, especially when his band-mates are her parents lol.

    ReplyDelete