Warning: coarse language
Bridgeport, present day
“I don’t know what to tell you, Cameron, but there’s nothing wrong with Hawk,” Lillian announced when he came downstairs wrapped in nothing but a towel.He knew he was dressed inappropriately, but he’d just stepped inside the shower when he heard his home phone go off. Thinking it was Michaela, he’d immediately run downstairs to answer it, evidently he wasn’t fast enough, the phone had stopped ringing.
“Maybe you should take him in and run some tests. I really think he’s sick,” Cameron insisted as he crouched to the floor to give Hawk a hug. The puppy returned his affection by slobbering kisses all over his face before he bounded off to sit by the door.
“Or maybe he’s just missing Michaela,” the vet suggested.Cameron blushed bright red then. It made sense and he felt like an idiot for not considering that possibility first before he called the vet.
Since Michaela left, all Hawk did was sit by the door and whine himself to sleep, his appetite had withered, and keeping him engaged was getting harder each day.
“What do we do? How do we fix this? Can you give him something?”“I’m afraid, like with you, time is the only healer for heartache. Give him time to get used to her absence.”“It’s been over a month, how much more time does he need?” Cameron growled.“How much more time do you need?” The vet asked evenly. If it was any other person Cameron would have found the question inappropriate. But he’d known Lillian for a while now, she was Lilo’s vet since she was a puppy, and he considered her a friend…With benefits. At least she used to be. Now he didn’t want anyone’s benefits but Michaela’s.
“I’m fine,” Cameron replied as he sat down at the piano.“I suppose some would consider barhopping and drinking yourself to a stupor fine.”“Are you keeping tabs on me?” He rounded on her with an angry glint in his eyes.“No, but the tabloids are, and I must admit your drunken stunts are sending their sales skyrocketing. If it’s not bar brawls, it’s some shit with strippers. I wonder how Michaela feels about it all.”“That was a lie. I didn’t fuck that stripper!” He was referring to an article in Dirt linking him to some stripper named Josie (or something like that), working at Love Lace. He met her once when he got roped in by Mark and Stanley late one night after a recording session of their latest album.
“That’s not what the tabloids said,” Lillian reminded him.“I know what the damn tabloids said, but I didn’t fuck her.” Cameron insisted. Sure he may have been stoned and drunk out of his head that night, but he clearly remembered brushing her off. Not before the paps had snapped a picture of her gyrating all over his lap though.“The pictures they printed spoke volumes, you looked just about ready to fuck her right there, and if Michaela saw it…” Lillian’s words trailed off, leaving the rest to his imagination.Yes, he knew if Mickey saw the article, there’d be hell to pay. But, “She doesn’t read tabloids,” he told Lillian halfheartedly. Like him, and the rest of the band, she always made it a point to avoid all the trash written about them in gossip columns.“So that’s why you do it, because she doesn’t read tabloids and she won’t hear about your shit?”“Whose side are you on?” Cameron demanded, “I thought you hate Mickey.”
“I hate all rich brats. But you love her. And I care about you. Pull yourself together.” With that Lillian grabbed her medical bag and approached the door. Hawk whined unhappily at the intrusion, but he rose from the floor to let her through.“Oh, someone called while you were in the shower. She hung up without leaving a message though.” Lillian called over her shoulder just before she banged the door shut.“And you tell me this now?” He screamed after her.
He knew it was Michaela. It had to be. She was the only one who called his home phone. And he figured she’d probably jumped to the wrong conclusion when she heard Lillian’s voice. Since she left, the temptation to reach out to her was always there, and miraculously he resisted it, mainly because he didn’t want to seem clingy and needy.“Fuck that shit,” he decided now as he grabbed the phone from the wall and called her. He had to fix this little misunderstanding before it escalated into something they both couldn’t come back from.
Of course Michaela rejected his calls out right; he knew a rejection tone when he heard one.
He raced upstairs to get his cell phone, and he cussed when he saw he had three missed calls and they were all from Michaela. He wasn't surprised he’d missed her calls though; his phone was on silent mode.His text message to her was brief and to the point. “It’s not what you think, please pick up the phone, I love you.”Her response was prompt. “Whatever!”
“Whatever?” He barked as he kicked one of his running shoes. It landed on the bed next to Lilo.
She gave him a quizzical look before she took the shoe in her mouth and merrily ran downstairs, no doubt to share her treat with Hawk.
“Take the other one too, why don’t you?” He yelled at her retreating tail, he really didn’t have the energy to wrestle the shoe from her. Getting through to Mickey was his priority. Of course Leigh chose that moment to show up for her Tai Chi lessons, he heard the doorbell downstairs.He quickly threw on a pair of sweats and a vest before he went to get the door.
“Hey, hey.” Leigh greeted him with a wide smile on her face. And Cameron knew there and then it was going to be a long session; she was obviously in a chatty mood, and he wasn’t.“Hi,” he gave her a brief hug before he ushered her inside.
Initially, when Krisis approached him he was hesitant about the lessons. Like him, he didn’t want to give Leigh bruises, but she'd convinced him she wasn’t made of glass, and she didn’t break easily. And over the weeks she’d proven just how right she was.
He was very pleased with her progress on the defense side, but when it came to meditation she was still struggling, her mind was constantly on the go, making it hard for her to achieve complete meditative focus and tune out everything around her.
He was especially hard on her today, after the rough morning he’d had with Lillian and Mickey.
But Leigh took it all in her stride, counteracting all his high kicks and punches with precision and stealth.
During meditation, Leigh’s focus was surprisingly much better than his, and after a while she suggested they should take a break, or better yet call it a day.
“I’m the teacher, and you’re the student, I decide when we’ve had enough.” He glared at her.Leigh just smiled at him. “No, Cam. Your mind is not in it today. Do you want to talk about it?”Cameron shook his head.“Okay,” Leigh shrugged and turned to collect her things from the floor.
But just as she was about to head for the front door, he decided to come clean. “Mickey called.”Leigh’s eyes lit up then, and a slow smile spread across her face. “That’s good news right?”“Yeah, I guess.”“Then why do you look so glum?”
“Because Lillian answered the phone and now Mickey’s rejecting my calls, I sent her a text, and guess what her reply was?” He paused briefly to scowl at Leigh. Without waiting for her response, he carried on. “‘Whatever!’ That’s all she said. What the hell does it even mean?”
“It means she thinks you’re bullshitting her.” Leigh, an expert at deciphering girl code, explained as she took a seat at the dining table.“But I’m not bullshitting her.” Cameron held out his hands in an open gesture to show her he was telling the truth.“I know that, but Mickey doesn’t. And it’s your job to convince her.”“How do I do that when she doesn’t even want to answer my calls? I don’t even know where she is! Lilo and Hawk are pining for her. She needs to come home. This has been going on long enough!”“It’s not up to us, Cam,” Leigh reminded him.
Cameron went to the kitchen and began clearing up last night’s dishes piled high in the sink.He’d already poured her a plasma juice when he suddenly remembered he should have asked first what she wanted to drink.“It’s okay, I'll have that,” Leigh assured him when she saw the perplexed look in his eye.
She took a long sip from her glass and made a face. She’d drunk the stuff when she was pregnant with the triplets. She was a little disappointed to discover it still tasted like shit even now that she’s a vampire. But then again, she could just be biased; nothing would ever give her the rush she felt when she fed from Krisis.
“Thank you,” Cameron’s voice pulled her away from the glass.Leigh frowned at him, “for what?”“For the lessons. I know I didn’t want to at first, but Krisis was right, it’s what I needed to keep my mind off Mickey. ”
“I’m glad I served as a good punching bag for your heartache,” Leigh replied with a grin, and Cameron just gawked at her.“Cam, you’re staring,” she admonished him as she covered her mouth with her hand, feeling self-conscious.“It’s just so weird, seeing you with fangs and glowing eyes.” Cameron explained.
“I know what you mean, it’s just as weird for me too,” Leigh laughed then. It was infectious, and Cameron found himself drawn in. At that moment he could see why Krisis was so crazy about her; she was such an easy person to be with, down to earth and lovable too.
“Damn, that’s the time already?” Leigh cried when she looked at her cellphone. “I’d love to stay and work on Operation Mickey with you, but I really have to go, we have this thing with the lawyers to finalize Lily’s adoption.”
“It’s cool, go ahead; see you tomorrow?”“You bet!” Leigh pecked him on the cheek quickly before she made a dash for the door…
I knew Cam loved Mickey too much to ruin everything between them. No way would Mickey forgive him if he'd really done it. Hopefully he can convince her that he wasn't cheating. That's if she will listen.
ReplyDeleteI loved the Tai Chi scenes! Lee can really defend herself now!
LOL, yeah, he's a good boy. I think Mickey's got him back, the old Cam would not have said no to strippers and ex friends with benefits. It will be a little difficult for him to convince her since she's not answering his calls, he'll have to be a little more creative.
DeleteYeah, Leigh can defend herself, or try to at least.
Thanks for reading.
Ok still getting a little annoyed with Mickey. I mean it's been a month. You haven't called him or when you did you quickly hung up and now you want to be pissed when you don't even know the story. UGH come on Mickey you can't have it both ways. Either tell him its over and let him move on (not that he would) or put on your big girl panties and quit freaking hiding. That man as been nothing but patient with you and look at how you have treated him and NOW you want to get mad at him. That's fucked up Mickey it really it!
ReplyDeleteSeriously you send him a whatever reply. You have been off for a month doing who knows what and you give him whatever because you want to jump to conclusions now that you have decided to grace him with an actual phone call where you'll speak to him?
I could be bias since I have a slight crush on Cam, but I don't see him in the wrong and honestly Leigh telling him he has to convince Mickey (who walked out on him) that he's innocent is also a little messed up. I think he's getting the raw end of the deal here. :(
On the upside, glad he has kept it in his pants and I feel so bad for the dog. Even the dog misses her. She really has no clue how her leaving affected those around her. :(
Whoa, I think Mickey's seriously in your bad books, and I can understand why, but Cam is not totally innocent in all of this. He knows her number, and he could have called her at any time.
DeleteOkay, I think I covered everything on FB in the update post, so I hope you forgive me for not typing everything here again.
But I will say this, I feel your frustration. If Mickey could stop being selfish for a second and give Cam a chance to explain himself, they'd both end of the call feeling much happier. But she's acting childishly, allowing her emotions to rule her head and it's not helping any of them in the long run.
Leigh understands Cam's POV, and she realizes it's not fair on Cameron, but if he wants to get through to Mickey, it's up to him to convince her her's telling the truth as no one else can get through to her.
LOL @ keeping it in his pants. I feel bad for Hawk too, he's her baby and he doesn't understand why she'd just abandon him.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
I knew there was a misunderstanding there, that the woman who answered Cam's phone wasn't a lover.
ReplyDeleteBut of course I get why Mickey would think that. I hope Cam can figure out a way to convince her, though it will be hard to do that if Mickey won't even talk to him.
And, even if she doesn't read tabloids, maybe someone she knows does, and that picture of Cam and the stripper will get back to her. That will be hard for Cam to explain, too. Poor guy, lol.
So, should be worried now about Cam and Leigh? I don't want to be, because she and Krisis are forever, or should be, anyway, and I hate to get suspicious about little things like a kiss o the cheek. But he had that moment of admiration for her, and they'll be spending time together training...well, I guess I just have to wait and see. =D
Great chapter.
Yeah, I think you and Fae picked up on that right away. Making Lillian a lover would have created some fun drama, but I feel Cam's really over the drama in his life and all he wants now is Michaela.
DeleteGetting through to her will be difficult since she's not answering his calls, and J.D. won't be sharing his daughter's whereabouts with Cameron anytime soon.
Very true about the tabloids, if Mickey hears about it, she'll be more convinced that he's moved on with his life.
Funny you should ask that, when I started working on the pics for their scene, the thought crossed my mind. But going there would just be messy and in my mind, Leigh belongs with Krisis, I don't see her with anyone else. And Cameron's own feelings for Michaela, and his lifetime friendship/bond with Krisis, would make anything between him and Leigh impossible. So, no, no need to be worried. The admiration he felt or showed there is purely platonic.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
~ Umm,Cam you do not come out in just a towel,when an ex booty call is around,you could be sending a message you do not want to convey!
ReplyDelete~ I know he was rushing for the phone from a shower,but still!!!!
~ And of course Mickey calls then,& gets the wrong message when really it is all innocent!
~ The only way Cam is going to be able to get through to her is in person,but he does not even know were she is!
~ He should find out!
~ I am glad that Leigh is finalizing the adoption papers for Lilly! And her SimFu lessons are going well!
~ Loved it!(",)
-LOL, Cam has no sense of modesty...
Delete-But then again it's Michaela's call we are talking about here, so all modesty is bound to fly out of the window.
-Mickey totally misunderstood the whole phone convo, and knowing her she's bound to stay mad at him for a long time, that's why you don't mess with young ones Cameron!
-I agree, a face to face conversation is in order, but the only person who knows her whereabouts is J.D. and knowing how he feels about the relationship, I don't see him telling Cameron anytime soon.
-Yeah, I need to wrap up the adoption here, before I start Lily's mini serial, it will be the basis of her storyline.
-Thanks for reading and commenting!
Before I say anything else, I have a bad feeling I'm going to get mad at this woman with Cameron.
ReplyDeleteHe's in... a towel.. and she's petting... their dog. *deep breath*
Wait, what? She's the vet? Making a house call? To Cameron in a TOWEL? Geez Cam! Have you NO modesty? Don't answer that. lol.
*dies* I'm gonna strangle you, Val. You had me going all this time! Sadistically enjoying it! I know because I'd do the same thing!!! LMAO!
Er, yeah, Cam, you're not 'fine'. Well, in that sense of the word.
Yeah, baby! "Fuck that shit!" go go go go go go!
Leigh. Sigh. I know she needs this, but she's interrupting. He needs to keep hounding her with texts. Mickey's mind is in turmoil right now and he needs to keep interrupting that. imo anyway
He needs to get his ass over to Monte Vista, pronto!
Sigh. I guess I'll have to wait. :)
LOL. You always, always crack me up with your comments.
DeleteLMAO, yeah it seems to cozy, a perfect domestic scene doesn't it?
And yes, she's the vet, who used to share Cameron's bed at some point in the past, so house calls are not really out of the way for her. And no, he's got no modesty at all. In fact I thought of making him walk in naked, but that would have been very, very inappropriate so the towel seemed like the next decent thing.
*evil laugh* yeah, I enjoyed that, and I enjoyed reading all the 'judgy' (i know it's not a word) reactions on the last update.
No, he's not fine at all, if he's barhopping and picking fights. But it could have been worse I suppose, he could have gone back to being a man-whore and screw every female in sight.
IKR? Leigh has bad timing. I don't think Cam would have had the patience to keep hounding her though.
I second that suggestion. If only he knew she was there.
Thanks for making me laugh with your comment!
Oh yay! That makes me so happy that Cam wasn't really sleeping with someone else. I mean it was incredibly unfortunate how it all worked out, but I have hope that Cam will eventually find a way to get through to Mickey somehow.
ReplyDeleteFirst, I love your username/handle. Beautiful song by a beautiful man!
DeleteI'm glad you're happy Cameron's not with someone else. He loves Mickey, and he don't anything stupid/rash to ruin their relationship. It will be hard to get through to her considering she's not answering his calls, but yeah, he needs to figure out a way to make her see the truth.
Thanks so much for reading Krisis and for leaving a comment.
Woah, didn't even realize that I commented with the wrong account. Haha but that's just me on an account that I never use. But yes, Bruno is a wonderful man!! :D
DeleteMoree Plz (: I'll be extra good ♥ i shall read read read :o PLZ I NEED MY DOSE OR I DIE -dies-.-. i dieds
ReplyDeleteLOL, you're funny, somehow you always make me laugh. I don't think it's been that long between updates, so you can't be suffering from withdrawal already...
DeleteNext update is ready, just have to post it on Blogger, but the one after that is really bugging me, and I feel I need to fix that first before I post any more updates, so it might be a week or so before the next Krisis update.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Ah wow, so it was just a old friend (but with benefits) it's also a bit interesting that this girl Lillian doesn't like Mickey...I think of course because she's a bit jealous!
ReplyDeleteWith that said I agree with Cam that it was odd seeing Leigh like that, not in a bad way but she seemed so comfortable in her skin like she had been a vampire for about a three hundred years or so! So the transition is going well I'd say!
LOL. Yeah, it was just an old friend whose benefits he used to enjoy. Lillian doesn't like all rich brats, not just Mickey, but you're right, it's also a bit of jealousy too since she managed to snag Cam.
DeleteIKR? It's weird for me too, but yeah, despite her initial struggles, she seems to be handling her transformation very well.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
I loved the interaction between Leigh and Cameron it was great. Listen to Cam was the right thing to do there.
ReplyDeleteNow.....What is this with Lillian???? No, No, No. I get they have slept together in the past and she cares for him but it must always be Miccam, it must, it must....Grrrr
Loved it though :)
Thanks, I had fun shooting and writing that scene. I also think that Leigh sitting with him and talking things through with Cam was great, he needed someone to talk to, and he can't exactly go to Krisis and J.D. both men would tell him to get his shit together, and they are not big on "talking"
DeleteLOL @ Miccam. It seems that ship has sailed. And yes, Lillian is a harmless ex. But who knows, relationships change.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Phew! *Knew* this would all be totally innocent! Lilian doesn't seem like she was too bothered how it looked on the phone. I mean, she must know!
ReplyDeleteI do wish Mickey would listen! Or Cam could just explain in text, or head on over there (without his shirt, ofc) and win her back. She couldn't say no... ;)
Good ol' Leigh! She always seems to know the right things to say, and it's a real shame she couldn't stay and help Cam a bit more. But, YAY! Lily adoption! :D
Hope the dogs are ok and Lilian was right! Don't think Cam could handle one of them leaving too!
Yeah it's totally innocent. And you're right, Lillian knows how it looks and she's not bothered at all, to her it's just one more thing Cam must fix.
DeleteLOL @ Cam going there with his shirt off. I love, love, love that suggestion. I don't think she'd be able to resist him.
Leigh has her moments, she and Cam get along very well, in fact she gets along with everyone well, I guess that's why they all love her. Cam would have loved for her to stay so they could talk more, and she would have loved that too, but yeah, she had the thing with the lawyers. I'm excited for Lily's adoption, it will serve as a basis for her own story I plan to do sometime in the future after I finish wrapping up Krisis.
Aw, the dogs miss Mickey, and I think they'll only be truly okay when she comes home.
Thanks for reading.
I absolutely adore your album covers and posters... But how do you get the backdrops? I'd like to do something like that.
ReplyDeleteWow, thank you so much. That's very nice of you to say that.
DeleteThe backdrops are from Sims by Severinka, here's the link: http://sims3s.ru/fotomural-fantasyfon.php.
I'd love to see your finished creations, send me a link to your blog/page when you're done.
Wow! I read your whole story over a couple of days and it's amazing! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete218 chapters is a lot to read so I really appreciate the time you put into it. Thank you so much for giving Krisis a chance and for leaving me your feedback.
DeleteHappy Fathers Day Krysis,J.D,and Beau (If he was still alive..)
ReplyDeleteAw, that's so sweet, the three of them appreciate your warm wishes. And yes, Beau is still alive, he's in Al Simhara, planning Lord knows what. I'm still debating whether to bring him back and finish off his story line in Bridgeport, or leave it as is. Mmm, decisions, decisions.
DeleteThanks for the father's day wishes.
Why do i love your stories so much >.< Its like i wanna stop reading Krysis and the Forsaken but i just cant >.<
DeleteOh my! I can't believe I'm finally catching up with this great story! I've read the whole 6 Volumes in over a month, and I love your work. Just had to tell you.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything will work out eventually for Cameron and Mickey, they've always been one of my favorite couples.
And Cam's remark about Leigh's fangs and glowing eyes was so funny, because I feel the same way; it's kind of weird seing her as a vampire.
Wow, that was a lot of reading you did. You didn't have to read the whole thing though, I made summaries for the first five volumes. But I really appreciate that you took the time to start from the beginning.
DeleteThey would both like that very much, but right now Mickey's being childish and stubborn and Cameron's at the end of his rope, has no real ideas on how to get through to her. Hopefully there's a light for them.
LOL, the weird part is, I can't imagine her as human now.
Thanks for giving Krisis a chance. I appreciate your feedback.
...I'm over Cam too surprisingly. Yup, I'm team Werewolf 100%. Poor Cam though, I feel his pain, and the poor dogs' too. And that Lillian chick, I bet if he gives her the chance she'll be all over him.
ReplyDeleteAll that being said, he's gonna throw a pissy fit when he finds out that Michaela is hanging out with two sexy ass shape shifting, muscled, yummy, guys. Lucky for him vampires don't do werewolves....or do they....?
WTF? You over Cam? No waysssss.
DeleteIt's more like Team Shifters. The more I wrote them, the more I realized I don't want to go the pack and wolf mentality route. Still, I hope it's not a turn off for you.
LOL @ the mini rant on Lillian. I think you're right though, if Cam gave her a chance, she'd probably be all over him like a bad rash.
Watch this space for Cameron's reaction when he finds out, *slowly nods to herself and rubs hands gleefully*
I never thought of that, Vamps and Weres mixing, but...we'll see. I'm not saying anything, and you can't make me. LOL.
Thanks for catching up Pixx.
Valpre we can make you ;o We just don't want to :P btw just read your next chapter
DeleteI wish Mickey would give Cameron the chance to explain, but I know how hard that can be, we girls are difficult. And that last picture shocked me, I'm glad I read though because I assumed Cameron was making a move on Leigh because he was so lonely! lol
ReplyDeleteOh boy Michaela! *LOL* ...But Cameron is a dope! Why didn't he tell her the vet was there? Duh. I am glad that his little work out helped him feel better, as well as Leigh.... I must agree that it is odd to see Leigh with fangs ^_^ ...
ReplyDelete