Warning: language
Devon sat in stunned silence. Eloise had just announced she was a werewolf. She not only announced it but she’d also transformed right in front of him.
It was unreal.
Stuff like that belonged in the movies and paranormal romance novels. Not in his life.
Stuff like that didn’t happen to real people. Especially to the woman he loved with his whole heart and soul.
“Dev please say something,” Eloise sniffled in front of him. She tried to reach for his hand, but he yanked it away.
“I have to go see Leigh. I can’t deal with you right now,” he whispered as he got up from the couch.
“You can’t leave me now, I need you,” Eloise ran after him. But he quickened his pace as he rushed to the front door.
Blake came out from his room when he heard the shouting, and he immediately burst into tears when he saw her crying.
For a second Eloise didn’t know what to do. She was torn, she wanted to run after Devon and stop him. But her son needed her too.
“Dev, please?” She tried again to get through to him as she hugged Blake, but her fiancĂ© was having none of it.
“Please what?” He turned around and glared at her, the hazel brown in his eyes sparking furiously.
“I need you,” Eloise mumbled weakly.
“No! You’ve known about this for months and you’ve kept if from me for just as long. It’s obvious you don’t trust me! You don’t need me!” Devon’s harsh growl made Blake cry harder.
“I do trust you and I do need you damnit!” Eloise cried as she gently pushed Blake into his room and closed the door behind him.
“Then why didn’t you come to me? Why didn’t you tell me when it happened?” Devon demanded.
“I was afraid!” Eloise screamed right back at him.
“Of what?”
“I was afraid you’d leave me. You hate Vampires, and I thought you’d hate me too because I am different now!” Eloise whispered as she stared at the floor.
“I love you, Eloise, I love you with my heart and soul and there’s nothing in this world that could make me hate you. I guess you don’t know me as well as I thought you did,” Devon shook his head sadly.
This time Eloise didn’t stop him when he walked away. She sat down on the couch and cried.
She couldn’t believe how she’d fucked herself over by keeping something so huge from him. She’d ruined her only chance at happiness by doubting the one man who loved her unconditionally.
“Mommy,” Blake’s gentle touch on her cheek pulled her from the depths of her heart ache. She forced herself to put aside her pain and focus on him.
She dazedly went through the motions as she ran Blake a bath and fed him. She didn’t remember what story she read to him at bed time. In fact she didn’t even remember when she climbed into her own bed and fell asleep.
The only thing she remembered with clarity was the relief she felt when Devon finally came home in the early hours of the morning and slipped into bed beside her and held her. She knew then they’d be okay. It would take some time to work through all their problems, but they’d be fine as long as they had each other.











Aw, poor Blake, it's hard to watch your parents fight!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Devon came back. It is hard for him that Eloise kept it from him, but I hope he is able to forgive her for that and work it out.
Yeah, it was hard for Blake to see that. True about Dev. Thanks for reading.
DeleteI feel badly for Eloise. I see why she held it in , but really wished (way back then) that she didn't. We all live and learn though. Hopefully they will be able to make things work. Devon is going to be pulled into the ride of his life. Lovely pictures, great update, very emotional.
ReplyDeleteI can understand why you'd feel badly for her, but on the other hand she did keep stuff from him. Thanks for reading and the nice compliment.
DeleteI understand why Devon was so upset. She didn't trust in him or them enough to tell him the truth no matter how many times he asked her.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad he came back and I hope this will be a new starting point for them.
Yeah. Hopefully it is a fresh start for them. Thanks for reading.
DeleteEloise should have told him from the start but hopefully because he came home things will be alright. Poor Blake listening to all that.
ReplyDeleteLoved it :)
It was terrible for Blake to hearand see that. And yeah she should have told him. Thanks for reading!
DeleteYou really can't blame Eloise for keeping that hidden...I mean she changes into a wolf! That's a pretty big thing to reveal to someone, no matter who it is. Although yeah the earlier the better as with most things like this, but still...a wolf!
ReplyDeleteThat's very true, it is a huge thing to reveal. Thanks for reading Aeon!
DeleteI don't blame either Devon or El one bit. El was scared, Devon was righteously angry. I'm so glad you ended it with letting us know that they still stood a great chance at pulling through this. *small smile*
ReplyDeleteI still worry about her going before the council.
I'm glad I left you with that small smile. And now I'm smiling at my screen. Thanks for reading!
DeleteAch, oh im feeling all emotional AND SO SCARED! I mean, oh jeez. Oh hungry jebus, this is the penultimate chapter! I'm so scared for the next one, i really am. God knows whats gonna happen but IM FREAKING OUT! D';
ReplyDeleteOh but more importantly, leigh is alive! I'M SO HAPPY I COULD CRY! :'D I know the public are gonna be all OMG Y B DIS BAND SO ROOD 4 and wah wah gimme refund whatever, but i hope they understand the meaning of the words FAMILY CRISIS. I still wanna cry with emotions you know, but honestly im just so turn up and through the blender I dunno where to start!
Okay, in a way im glad she told him, but i wish he had reacted a bit more positiely and Oh GOSH I THOUGHT THE LAST PICTURE WAS OF A RANDOM GUY WITH DREADS HUGGING HER AND I WAS LIKE OMFG THAT'S NOT DEV then i realised it was just a shadow... It was just a shadow? Either way, panic attack timez.
No, I know it was wrong her of her to keep it from him so long, but he has to understand that she was worried for a good reason, i mean after the way he reacted to vampire i reckon that it was a normal assumption that upon finding out her werewolf status he'd be angry... I guess. I don't know whose more in the wrong! I'm going to accept that everybody is in the right, because she was wrong to keep it from him so long so he had a right to be angry, the on the other hand he was wrong to act that way so she had a right to keep it from him in the first place...? I dunno, im just glad they're still gonna work it out, because they love each other. That's a good thing in my books.
Now all that's left is for her to tell Leigh and its all gonna be good. ^_^
Oh gosh im really worried about this whole hearing in front of the vampire council... I can't help but be scared that some bad jizz is gonna go down with that next season... And then that part of me that fails at the game of life is all "ahaha the irony, looks like she's going to be in court AGAIN!" because... you know.. with the... the tamsyn... thing.... Never mind, im not funny. >_>
I can't bring myself to say anything else, i don't want to aslode your PC with my rambling! XD
I love/hate this chapter and Im worried about the next one, and my only hope is that you don't LEAVE US ON A CLIFFHANGER but instead are lovely and resolve things. I just want Vlad to stay with his mummy, and for our latest cray cray lady to be sorted out in an asylum - Hey maybe she'll meet tamsyn! - and for beau to... Well okay, i should want him dead but a little hopeless romantic part of me wants for him and Bianca and Vlad to be a family...
But we all know THAT'S not gonna happen... *le sigh*
Eni,
DeleteLol, you crack me up. And, nah, I can safely say you can breathe easy, you don't have to worry about the next update. It's all good in Bridgeport.
Yes, Leigh's okay...for now. Krisis just needs to step up his game and take care if business at home to avoid a bigger mess in the future. And you're right, I think their fans would understand, it is beyond their control.
El loves Dev too much, she'd never step out on him. But having looked at that oic, I can see why you'd get a scare, that shadow is pretty weird.
And I completely understand your feelings on the El and Dev issue. Lack of communication often leads to bigger messes, and sadly El and Dev's situation isn't so simple. Hopefully they can work together to uncomplicate it.
The hearing may just surptise you. Afterall El has been pretty good, she hasn't killed anyone that she knows of.
The next chapter will peek a little at the Beau/Bianca storyline, and as much as the romantic in me would like that too about them working things out, at this point with everything Beau's putting her through, I don't see Bianca taking him back. Unless something drastic happens.
Lol @ le sigh!
Thanks for reading, Eni!
All caught up :)
ReplyDelete1. Did Krisis get hotter? And the fact that he's an amazing husband and father makes him the most irresitible man in the story (sorry to all the others! Hahaha). And Leigh is just as amazing; she's like his voice of reason. I think he'd just lose it without her. Glad she made a speedy recovery :D
2. That Joshua gives me chills. And I hope Cam beats the shit out of him, rips off his limbs and beats him some more with them. Sick little turd!
(And I hope Krisis does the same to Beau, if not worse). Gah!
3. Beau does not deserve Bianca. I think he and Carmen should be locked up together. If anything, those two sickos deserve each other. Though, I agree with Carmen (never quote me with this), he's just hurting Vlad. And it's time Bianca put her foot down and got even!
4. Yay for Syn and J.D.! When is the baby due? :D and when are those two going to have the wedding of the century? I'll be waiting for my invite...
5. Mickey & Cam: so cute :) will they marry before Syn & J.D.? Hmmm...
6. Katie & Thornton... I did not expect those two to hook up. I honestly thought Thornton was the prissy, classist type. You know, "it's fine if Krisis wants a human for his mate, but I'm not dipping my stick in that honey pot." But so happy he isn't. Though, the politician in him is evident. I hope he helps Eloise in whatever small way he can, instead of standing on the side lines. Krisis wouldn't forgive him for that.
7. I did not expect the werewolf twist! And for it to happen to Eloise nogal! Sjoe! But I knew Dev would never leave her :) he loves her more than anything.
Trish!
Delete*giant, giant hug*
Welcome back. It's great to see a comment from you.
1. LOL @ Krisis' getting hotter. Funny you should say that, Fae said something along those lines a few updates back. I think being a daddy and a husband is doing wonders for his looks.
2. I'd be very worried, not mention shocked if Joshua didn't give anyone the chills. Now there's a thought about Cam and Josh and Krisis and Beau, maybe I'll organize a tag team wrestling match. LMAO!
3. Agreed on Bianca and Beau, of all the horrible things he's ever done, taking Vlad from Bianca has got to be the most cruel. And yeah, Bianca is trying to do what she can with the resources at her disposal.
4. The bun is not officially in the oven yet, so I really can't say when he/she will make their debut.
5. I should hope not, about Mickey and Cam getting married for Cam's sake. I think J.D. would rearrange his face before he can even attempt to get to the altar.
6. I think Katie was unexpected for Thornton, as they both are for you. He wasn't looking for a relationship, especially with a human, but they both happened to be lonely people sharing the same space, and they clicked, everything just fell into place.
7. After so many chapter, I'm glad I can still surprise you. And you're right, Dev loves her too much...Maybe a little too much.
Thanks for reading.
Again, it's good to hear from you.
I'm happy devon came back home.
ReplyDeleteI think Eloise was too. Thanks for reading Michelle!
DeleteI can understand Devon's shock and his hurt over El not telling him in the beginning. I also understand why she didn't tell him though. I knew Devon would forgive her though and support her. He just needed a little time.
ReplyDeleteBlake was so sweet, comforting Mommy!
Loved it Val!
I can also understand Devon's reaction, she should have told him sooner. But like Dais I do also understand her. poor little Blake, every kid hates it when his parents argue.
ReplyDeleteShe should have told Devon from the beginning. He was actually very calm, i would have lost my freaking mind. I hope Dev can forgive her, I know she felt like she was doing the right thing by not telling him but there's a chance she has forever changed their relationship, and not in such a good way=/....edenz~
ReplyDelete