Warning: coarse language
Bridgeport, present day...
Krisis was surprised to find Leigh awake when he returned to her room; he’d just run down to the cafeteria to get some coffee.
“How are the kids?” It was the first thing she asked him when he sat down and took her hand.
“They are great, they were here earlier but you were sleeping. They left this for you,” he handed her a stack of colorful drawings and a box of chocolates.
Leigh looked through them and smiled.
“Is that supposed to be me?” She laughed at a weird looking stick figure with one huge eye right in the middle of what appeared to be a face.
“I’m pretty sure I don’t wear lipstick, so yeah, that’s definitely you,” Krisis leaned closer to kiss her on the lips.
“So when are they releasing me? “Leigh asked. Her eyes were bright and lively. She seemed more lucid too.
“Not for another day,” Krisis replied as he sank on the tiny cot beside her and held her.
“I’m sorry. I know you’re mad at me, but I really just wanted to feel normal again and do normal things that people do, like drive myself to a restaurant. I got tired of having Sandra and Ray around,” Leigh explained her actions leading up to this very moment.
“It doesn’t matter now, Leigh,” Krisis tried to hush her up, but she wouldn’t drop it. She wanted to clear the air, the past few days whenever they were alone there was always tension between them and she knew he was angry with her.
“The important thing is that you’re alive,” Krisis kissed her temple.
Leigh couldn’t argue with him there, and she’d always be grateful to the people who’d helped her.
“Have they made any progress with the case?” Leigh laced their hands and gently played with his fingers.
Krisis shook his head. Chances were they’d never find the hit and run driver. Her file would most likely end up in the basement of Bridgeport’s Police Department and gather dust. It will be yet another unsolved case.
“Did you see the bastard’s face?” Krisis asked.
It was Leigh’s turn to shake her head. She saw nothing that day, everything happened so quickly, one minute she was crossing the road and the next she was in hospital, connected to machines and tubes.
Krisis didn’t want to, but they had to talk about the tour. Since they were too far into it to cancel, he’d made arrangements for her and the kids to join them. Patty too, along with Nick and Tony, and the physio therapist Leigh would be working with to get her leg right again.
“It’s not feasible Krisis. I can’t go on tour with you. We can’t uproot the kids. They have their training sessions with Dr. Scott. You saw their progress reports, they are doing so well. And Lily’s starting school in few days. We can’t disrupt their lives,” Leigh would have loved to join him on tour, but they had to be practical.
“They can always pick up where they left off with Dr. Scott. But leaving you alone again is not an option. It’s not up for negotiation.”
“What if I got Devon and El to move in?” Leigh tried to find a compromise.
Krisis kept quiet, mulling over her suggestion.
“No, Eloise and your brother have their own issues to deal with. You’re coming with me,” he finally decided, bringing an end to their discussion.
Leigh could have pushed on, but Krisis was right. With everything Eloise had told her last night, about her being a werewolf, Leigh knew her best friend and brother had a lot to work through, the last thing either of them would want is to babysit her, it wouldn't be fair on them...
A few days later...
Leigh could have pushed on, but Krisis was right. With everything Eloise had told her last night, about her being a werewolf, Leigh knew her best friend and brother had a lot to work through, the last thing either of them would want is to babysit her, it wouldn't be fair on them...
_______
A few days later...
Carmen was not a happy camper as she sat glaring at Joshua.
“How the hell did this happen? She’s supposed to be dead. I swear that bitch is like a fucking cat!” She raged at no one in particular.
“It would seem she has nine lives,” Joshua agreed. His attempt at humor was met by a scathing scowl from her.
Beau, staring blankly outside the window, lit another cigarette. It was his fifth one since Joshua returned from the hospital and announced Leigh was being released tomorrow and she’d be joining the band on tour.
“This is bad!” Carmen hissed as she got up from the couch and began prowling the room.
“The good thing is you were thorough, nothing links you to the hit and run.” It was Joshua again, the poster kid for optimism.
“Yeah, well what good is that when she’s still alive? I think I can finish her off tonight, at the hospital. This is my only chance to be with Krisis,” her suggestion drew the first spark of interest from Beau since he announced himself at her apartment earlier that evening.
“Forget it; Krisis won’t let anyone near Leigh, he’s there 24/7 and when he’s not around, Nick and Tony are there. I think you should cut your losses and walk away now. Admit defeat,” Joshua rubbed his chin in a serious fashion as he regarded her. He rarely talked sense, and this was one of those moments when he did.
“Joshua is right, let’s cool it off for a while, and we’ll attack when they least expect it. Krisis is still reeling from the hit and run, so he’ll be ten times more protective of Leigh. We can’t touch her right now,” Beau finally spoke.
His words of caution were not what Carmen wanted to hear. She wanted action, and right this fucking minute. And she told him this. But he wasn’t budging.
“Fine. I’ll stay down for a few weeks. Until the shit storm with Vladimir passes Beau. But after that I’m going after what I want. You didn’t tell me it would take this long to get Krisis,” She whined.
“Yeah well, life happened. Get over it!” Beau retorted carelessly. As much as he wasn’t pleased with the Leigh issue, it was the least of his worries. Bianca had hired herself a pit-bull of a lawyer; Lord knew where she got the money from. But her blood hound planned on fighting the court order for the paternity test, which meant a delay in the custody battle. With his id always in the driving seat, he was used to instant gratification. He hated delays of any kind…
Another Vampire who hated delays was William Thornton. Eloise’s hearing was arranged swiftly and promptly.
After a grueling two hours, she emerged from the Vampire Council Headquarters looking drained and visibly shaken.
“How did it go?” Devon asked in a stilted voice as he held the door for her.
Things between them were still very tense; they’d hardly talked during the past week. Eloise wanted to, but Devon only spoke to her about things concerning their son. Every time she tried to bring up their issues he shot her down with an angry scowl.
“So? What did they say?” He asked again as he jumped in the driver’s seat.
“I had to sign a treaty forbidding me from hunting humans. If I go after one of them, they’ll kill me without a moment’s thought.” Eloise announced.
“That’s doable, right? You can stay away from humans, right? Right?” Devon prodded her.
“I think so,” Eloise closed her eyes and sighed.
“What do you mean you think so?”
She could feel his sharp glare on her, but she refused to look at him. She’d had enough hassles from the Council, she didn’t need any crap from him, and especially after the afternoon she’d had.
“I mean exactly that Devon!”
“That’s not good enough!” Devon banged his fist on the steering wheel.
“I haven’t hunted humans since I was changed.” Eloise screamed right back at him, hot frustrated tears brimming in her eyes.
Devon pulled over and killed the engine.
“At least I think I haven’t,” Eloise continued in a much softer voice. “But I don’t know what I do when I’m in wolf form. The moments just after I phase back to human form are the scariest because I have to try and recollect what I did for the last couple of hours. And you know how devastating it is not being able to remember?”
“I’m sorry. I had no idea,” Devon replied. He tried to take her hand, but she yanked it away from him.
“How could you know when you haven’t given me a chance to tell you anything,” Eloise murmured as she stared outside her window. From where she was, she could see Krisis’ house on the cliff, she could see the place where her horror began.
“I’m ready now, you can tell me everything.” Devon’s voice pulled her back into the car. For a second she stared at him, trying to decide if he was being sincere. The sadness in his eyes told her he was.
She closed her eyes again, and in a slow, lifeless voice she told him everything, starting with her grief from losing her father and her evening jogs and ending off with her lie about traveling to Twinbrook and to various places every month after that.
“So you lied to me about that too? My God, what else have you lied about?” Devon snorted.
“I’m sorry. I was protecting you and Blake. Throughout the month I can transform at will, but on a full moon, it’s out of my hands, and since I don’t know what I do when I change, I didn’t want to hurt you and Blake. That’s why I have to go away every month,” she explained.
Devon didn’t say anything for a while. Instead he started the car again and they were back on the road.
Eloise turned on the stereo. She couldn’t stand the silence, couldn’t stand his anger and hurt. She wanted to drown it out, and she did, for a little while when she lost herself in the wonderful world of Highveld Stereo. The Deejay played five Avril Lavigne songs, back to back, all favorites of hers.
Eventually Avril’s voice made way for commercials, and Eloise found herself confronted by Devon’s hurt once again.
“Dev, level with me, please. Be honest. Do we stand a chance? Will we ever get past this? Will we make it?”
Devon didn’t reply. He pulled over again, got out and yanked her door open. Before she could think or react, he had her in his arms and he was kissing her.
His lips were hard and angry at first, but when he felt her tears, mingling with his, he softened his mouth on hers and slowed down his pace.
“I love you. We’ll work through this. It’s just so hard right now. I’m still getting used everything, but we will,” he promised her.
At that moment, she couldn’t have loved him more.
“Thank you,” she told him as she rested her head on his chest…
_______
Note: Kalene, I told you I'd use the chocolates, I didn't expect it to be a year down the line though. Again, thank you so much for the gift. I love it!




















Carmen is definitely not happy lol. Krisis is right though she has to go with him.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see Devon and Eloise will pull through this and glad she was honest.
Loved it :)
Lol, yes, she is not pleased with Leigh for being alive. Leaving her alone is not an option anymore. I think it was about time she was honest with Dev. Thanks for reading.
DeleteJust loved it and I can't wait for the next update.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading my friend!
DeleteI should start at the beginning, but at this moment I'm just so happy the vampires didn't give Eloise a hard time, by that I mean I'm glad she's still in one piece.
ReplyDeleteBeau is such an awesome Dad, but other than that there's nothing good about him. He's a dog and Vald should stay with his mother.
Dang! I hope Leigh will be alright when she's released with those psychos after her...
Pixx,
DeleteI think you and Dev both. Vampire Bill did say there's a big chance she'll be okay if she did what he told her.
Beau loves his kid, and the mother of his kid, but he has a very twisted way of showing it. And I agree on Vlad staying with Bianca, he has a better chance at turning out okay,
Lol @ "those psychos after her". I hope so too.
It's great seeing a comment from you, Pixx.
Soo good:) and i love that devon has accepted that Eloise is and will forever be a werewolf! :) and i love that Krisis is taking the choice that they will go on the tour with him:) cant wait for another great chapter from you! <3
ReplyDeleteMalin,
DeleteYay, I'm so excited to hear from you. And thank you so much for reading, it's hard for Devon but he does want to be there for Eloise. And Krisis won't make the mistake of leaving her alone again.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI've only left you maybe two comments total before, but I've been reading along all along. Thought I should post something for the end of the season.
I loved every ounce of this entire story from season one to five. I don't often get entirely hooked on these stories, but yours was just too good to miss out on. I don't think I've ever seen such great unpublished writing talent anywhere else. You're writing flows beautifully and just seems effortless. You can describe things so well without shoving it in our faces. Your ideas are so creative and original, the characters are well thought out, and your pictures are fantastic. I'm truly addicted to Krisis. I'm like a silly little fan girl. :P
Nice update, I can't wait for next season. I know Eloise and Dev can pull through this, I just hope that she can control herself in wolf form and doesn't harm any humans. Still wishing the best for Leigh, gotta look out for Carmen, Joshua, and Beau. Especially Johsua since he's a "bad bad boy"! I hope we'll be seeing a little J.D. sometime in the future! I'm just imagining this little baby boy with dreadlocks. Hahah. I also wonder if next season might be the season Leigh becomes a part of the clan! As long as she doesn't get murdered by some wackjob, that is. Should be interesting...
I'm sure you'll hear more from me in the future! Can't wait for Season 6!
-Kristen "xxtwilight19xx"
Kristen!
Delete*big hug*
i was wondering where you disappeared to. I'm so happy you finally decided to come out of lurking and leave a comment. I appreciate hearing from you.
And this is actually not the last update for the season, I think there's 5 or 6 more updates and then it's a wrap.
I'm so happy you're still enjoying Krisis after so many seasons. And thank you so much for your kind complimenr, it really means a lot to me, but I should add there are hundreds of awesome sim story writers in the community I draw my inspiration from and the wonderful support from readers like you has made me love and enjoy writing even more.
El and Dev will be fine if they communicate, and yeah, if she can control herself, then there won't be a reason for the council to go after her. Krisis will make it his job to keep Leigh safe, and I love what you've picked up on, about Josh being a bad, bad boy. Krisis should really keep an eye on him. I totally get you about a little J.D. I'm reallly hoping for a boy with dreadlocks too! And Leigh joining the clan is a big, big likelihood.
Again, thank you so much for taking the the time to leave me feedback. And yeah, I'd like that, hearing from you in the future! Don't be a stranger.
I agree with Krisis, keeping Leigh close by is probably safest.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Devon and Eloise are starting to work things out! They are such a sweet couple, I'd hate to see them break apart.
Melissa,
DeleteTrue, letting her out sight is no longer an option. It would break my heart too to see them break up. But things don't always work out the way we want them.
Thanks for readIng.
Well their celebration was short lived. Carmen is going to go off the deep end if she can't have Krisis soon. Not like she can anyway but her crazy self doesn't know that.
ReplyDeleteTaking the whole family on tour, I get why he wants to do it but its going to be hard. But I do understand him not wanting her or the kids out of his sight until whoever did this is caught.
Glad things are on the mend for El and Devon.
Lol, yes, it was shortlived, I think you're right about Carmen. If she doesn't get what was promised to her, it will get ugly.
DeleteTrue, about the tour, that's the very reason why they didn't tag along from the start I guess.
Thanks for reading, jazen!
phew! Well, at least the council didn't outright kill El. Not really like them imho to do that with their probable hatred of weres. Hopefully Thornton had a hand in that.
ReplyDeleteI love that Krisis didn't give Leigh a choice. Dammit, Leigh! You're going! :)
Glad Devon yanked El out of the car. Nothing could've said how he felt better than that kiss.
Mostly I'm just glad hehe.
Thornton did say if she did exacty what he said, chances are she'd come out of the hearing with her life intact, I think that alone says he had a hand in their leniency. And it's not really much of a free jail pass if they're going to kill her the moment she kills a human. They're all just waiting for her to slip up then they'll have a solid reason for killing her.
ReplyDeleteAgreed on both Krisis and Devon.
Thanks for reading mypalsim1!
Hmmm it is good that the council has let El go for now at least...but she is going to need help! I mean to not know what she does as a wolf is troubling and I could see that being a major issue going forward, I wonder if there is another wolf out there who can help her out!? Looks like she has some support(Devon) though at least.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see Leigh is still alive and Carmen...Carmen...I don't know what to say about her...but she won't be giving up soon I am sure. I wonder what she will do once she realizes that she can't have what she wants.
Looks like everyone had mostly happy endings despite it all...except for Beau's gang...Looking forward to the next season!
I kinda feel weirdly happy after this chapter. Krisis and Leigh are together, and Leigh is protected. Joshua, Carmen and Beau have promised us that they won't attack Leigh... at least for now. And Dev and El have been frank and honest with each other, and still managed to stay together. I'm glad Eloise's trial went ok, and that she isn't going to be killed without a chance. But I just hope she finds a way to stop herself if she ever comes close to killing a human. As always, a great chapter Val! I don't know if I have said this before, but I love your writing style - it's so easy to read (in a good way) and flowing... Another update when you can!
ReplyDeleteOooh. Okay, this is good. It's a cliffhanger of a chapter oh yeah, but its not a terrible horrific OMG NO WHAT HAPPENS NEXT DON'T YOU DARE END IT HERE type one so im good.
ReplyDeleteThat was a pleasant chapter! :D I think Krisis is right to bring Leigh and le babeh's on tour, I mean, they can always catch up with their stuff later, and he can't risk leigh again. No, i think it's the only really plausible thing they can do. :S I hope its all good....
Carmen.... >:I I wish she would just give up already! She needs to stop being so painfully deluded, it hurts my soul. :/ Im gland Bianca got a good lawyer though, i just don't want poor baby vlad to be taken from his mama. I am NOT impressed with beau. He sucks butt.
But neh, the best thing about this chapter is that Eloise and Dev are still together and they still love each other and they're gonna work out their problems. I thought the hearing would be a lot worse than that, im SO relieved it was fastish. ^_^
I loved this chapter, and I can't wait for the next one! :D You're writing and your PICTURES! they were amazing as per usual! You never cease to impress me Val, honestly. :')
aaaah I saw the chocolates!! It's a pleasure Val, keep writing - I am still a follower of Krisis as you can see ;)Love it!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Krisis. Leigh and the children need to be with him! Carmen is completely obsessed. She just won't give up!
ReplyDeleteIt's so good that the council decided to give El a chance, but it's scary that she doesn't remember what she's done when she was in wolf form. I really understand now why she always left Devon and Blake and why she kept her distance from Leigh. I hope that she doesn't hunt humans. This is so good Val!
I knew that Devon would be understanding, but it has to be so hard for him!
Good for you Krisis, don't let Leigh be stupid. But I do wonder what they are going to do about the kids. Are they coming along?
ReplyDeleteYou got to love Dev! The way he forgave her and was ready to talk. Such a good man. I hope El doesn't do anything stupid when she is a wolf. Maybe people can be by her side when she turns again with the full moon.
I'm just can nopt find words to say about Carmen and Josh. Beau is usning them getting' what they want' as leverage to get them to do what he wants. The part that boggles is me is that both of them believe, they truly believe they can have what they want, Krisis and Mickey. The wires are there but theres a loose connection somewhere, sheesh.
ReplyDeleteWell I'm not sure if Els' treaty is great or not since we don't really know what she does when she turns. The one thing she can count on is Dev.....edenz~