193. He’s a bad, bad boy!

Bridgeport, present day...
Krisis was nodding off to sleep in his uncomfortable chair beside Leigh’s bed when his cell phone rang.
He left the room to answer it. It was Krimsyn. They’d heard on the news and they were taking the first flight home.

“There’s no need. Leigh’s okay,” he lied as he paced the quiet corridor. He didn’t want to deal with his sister. Didn’t want to deal with everyone’s devastation, he barely had a handle on his own feelings.

“You honestly don’t expect me to stay in Twinbrook, Leigh’s like a sister to me. We’ll be there soon!” Krimsyn was having none of it.

“The tour…” he tried to get her to change her mind.

“The tour can wait. We’ll have to push it off by a few weeks. Stan and Natalie will handle the media backlash. This is a family crisis, it’s unavoidable.” After a few more minutes of assurances on her part that the band and their fans would be fine, Krimsyn rang off.
Krisis had just returned to Leigh’s ward and sat down when the door creaked open. Eloise and Devon sprung in with a large bouquet of irises and a goody basket.

“From my mom,” Eloise explained the basket in her hands. The bouquet was from Devon’s colleagues, they all wished Leigh a speedy recovery.

“Thanks,” Krisis murmured as he rolled his shoulders, trying to shake off his fatigue.
They sat in silence for some time, all three just content to watch Leigh’s still form on the narrow cot.

Eloise, in a subdued voice, suggested Krisis should go home and get some rest. But he was reluctant to go, and he made them promise they’d call him as soon as Leigh regained consciousness.

“Of course,” Devon promised him as he walked him out.
At home, all his kids were still awake and they were driving Patty crazy with demands for their mommy. They stopped crying the moment they saw him, Leigh was temporarily forgotten.

After a round of hugs and kisses, Krisis took them all to the living room to break the news about Leigh.

He explained as simply as he could that Leigh’s in hospital but she’d be home soon.
As soon as Lily heard “hospital” she burst into tears, she’d heard on the radio on their way from the zoo that Leigh was in a car accident and she’d died.

It took Krisis a long time to assure her that Leigh was okay, and the news reports were wrong.
Kristian was a little more optimistic; he thought his mommy ate too many sweets, but she’d be okay.

“Yes, she did,” Krisis smiled tearfully at his son, remembering Leigh always told their kids too much junk food was bad for them and they’d end up in hospital.
Azalea and Ariel left the room hand in hand; when they came back they had Patches and Puzzles with them.
They didn’t say much when they handed the dolls to him, but Krisis understood their gesture. They thought Patches and Puzzles would make Leigh feel better.
An hour later, all four kids were ready for bed; they’d brushed their teeth and changed into their PJs. They huddled in the triplets’ nursery and Krisis read them a bed time story. He tried to make the Three Little Pigs as much fun and entertaining for them as possible, he even did the voices, but he knew he’d never be as good as Leigh. By the time he closed the book, they were all fast asleep.
With Patty’s help he tucked them in and turned off the lights. “Krisis, the missus will be fine. She’s a fighter, she’ll pull through, you’ll see!” His housekeeper patted his arm as they left Lily’s room.

 Krisis just smiled and nodded his head, he truly hoped she was right…
It was early dawn when he decided to finally head to his bedroom and try and get some sleep. But he stopped in the nursery to check on the kids first. And he was surprised to find Ariel awake, trying to sing herself to sleep.

“Hey darling, you can’t sleep huh?” He cooed at her as he picked her up from the crib.
They went to his study and he sang to her for a while, but that seemed to excite her instead of lull her to sleep.
Ariel touched his cheek affectionately and told him about her new cousin. She couldn’t wait to meet him.

“Ariel, darling, is Aunt Eloise having a baby?” Krisis asked her.

Ariel shook her head, “no daddy, Syn!”

“Ah!” Krisis nodded, but didn’t say anything.

Ariel leaned in closer and asked him not to tell anyone. It had to be a surprise for Krimsyn and J.D.

“Okay, I won’t tell,” Krisis assured her as he planted a kiss in her hair.
He knew he probably shouldn’t. But he had to know. He had to be sure that the danger was over.

“Baby, was this what you saw in your dream, about mommy?”
“No, daddy! No!” Ariel yelled at him then. But Krisis wasn’t sure if she saying no to the accident, or if she didn’t want to talk about her premonition.

“Honey, I have to know. You have to tell me if this is what you meant. Is mommy still in danger?” Krisis tried again, and Ariel kept right on screaming 'no'.
Patty came in then when she heard the commotion. She gave Krisis a very angry look and shook her head disapprovingly, “Really, Mr. Frost. She should be sleeping.”
“Daddy, Josh is bad. He’s a bad, bad boy!” Ariel told him just before Patty snatched her from him.
Krisis slowly walked to his bedroom, thinking about Ariel’s words, wondering what she’d meant about Joshua. She’d only met him once, and his own dealings with Michaela’s fledgling were very few. He wondered if Joshua was connected to Leigh’s accident, or if he was involved in something much more sinister.
“Shit!” Krisis growled as he slipped under the covers. 

He hated not seeing the bigger picture, but he couldn’t fault his daughter for her limited visions…

25 comments:

  1. Once again you did a amazing job. Love your work! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ariel! Her new cousin but it has to be a surprise for the parents LOL too cute.

    Somehow I feel this is not over. :( I know he is trying to hold out on changing her partially because he doesn't want to and because he only gets one shot at trying to change her but somethings gotta give.

    Ariel is right, Josh is a bad, bad boy and I hope that through it all Krisis can pass that warning along to JD and his sister. I have this really bad feeling plaguing me about Mickey :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz,

      I think Krisis feels that way too, that's why he was pushing Ariel for the truth. At this point, it's no longer about him not wanting to turn her, he made her a promise in Barnacle Bay to turn her only if she married him, and she has. It's really more about having one shot at it, and you're right something's gotta give, and if Leigh's accident wasn't a warning I don't know what is.

      I say trust that bad feeling..

      Thanks so much for reading and for your feedback!

      Delete
  3. The kids are so cute! Really just adorable. It's wonderful the way you can write toddlers. I just can't, so I hide them until they are teenagers, lol.

    So Krisis got a hint from Ariel about Josh, but will it be enough to get him looking in the right direction? That was very beautifully played, Val, giving a little info but still keeping us (and Krisis) wondering about her vision, whether Leigh is still in danger.
    Awesome chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,

      *blushes* TY. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm doing with the tots, they are a hard bunch to write, but most of the time my daughter (who's now six) helps me a lot with the kids. She adores Krisis' babies. And I love how you write teenage Portia and her friend.

      Yes, he got the hint from his daughter, and I like your question a lot, about it being enough. He needs to start connecting all the dots soon.

      Thank you for reading, and your support, it means a lot to me.

      Delete
  4. You got me hooked once again! Just can't wait to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misu,

      Yay, you found your way over here! I'm so glad. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. Your pictures are beautiful. I love the hospital scenes, they are so believable. Krisis gets more and more handsome, it's just not fair. His interactions with his children were sweet and real. I wish Ariel had been a little more cooperative, or understood how to express what she saw better. I also do hope Krisis will take further interest in Joshua and uncover the twisted being he is and who is manipulating him. That will lead to Carmen and I can't wait to see Krisis kill her. If he does. Maybe he won't, maybe Leigh will be his conscience and he won't go that far. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fae,

      Wow, thank you. The hospital scenes are a little daunting sometimes, but I can breathe easy now knowing they come across as believable.

      LOL @ your comment about Krisis, I think it's the way he is with Leigh and his kids that makes him more handsome.

      I think that's Krisis' wish too, but she is too young to express herself clearly. But Krisis should really listen to her insistent "Nos" and read between the lines.

      I think Ariel has him thinking a lot about Joshua. And you're right Leigh may be his conscience, if not her, his kids for sure.

      Thanks for reading, and your support, always.

      Delete
  6. First great update :) Another baby shock, you swore no more hehe. Krisis needs to listen to his daughter Josh is a bad boy and if he and JD gang up on him they can break him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lckygrl,

      Thank you. I know, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment. But knowing how long my pregnancies last, the kids will all be teens by the time the latest one arrives. LMAO.

      Agreed on Krisis, he really should listen to Ariel.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Yay! a new baby!

    It's really too bad Ariel is too young to understand what Krisis really wants to know. At least, that's what I'm guessing is going on. And on that note, Good Girl, Ariel!!!! You tell 'em 'bout that boy Joshua! And to everyone else--LISTEN. :D

    (lol I really get into the psychic bit)

    I have to admit I got a little nervous when Devon and Eloise showed up at the hospital again. I was thinking, 'Oh great, this is all we need is for Thornton to show up again...'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for this one! I really hope it's a mini J.D and not another mini Krimsyn.

      Ariel understood what Krisis wanted to know, and she gave him her answer, she just couldn't articulate herself well. Krisis should really listen to her "Nos".

      I think the next update will make you more nervous then.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! I can't blame Krisis for trying to get more information out of his daughter. I mean it seems like something he needs to know! Like a life or death thing here! At least it looks like he'll watch Joshua, he's on the right track! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon,

      You're right, I know it may sound dramatic, but that's exactly what it is, it a matter of life and death, and Ariel told him what he needs to know.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  9. Pretty handy having such a daughter. Wonder if she can give me the lottery numbers :P I hope Leigh is going to be ok. I think Krisis is keeping himself quit well under control. I would have totally lost it, but maybe that time will still come for him. Great Chapter Val :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dutchy,

      Yeah, indeed, it is handy having Ariel. Now Krisis just needs to ask the more important question here...The winning lottery numbers. LOL.

      I think you're right, his time may still be coming.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  10. My gosh the suspense is killing me...I can't wait to see what happens next.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CaramelChick4u,

      Love the handle BTW, not sure if I ever told you that.

      I will try to go easy on the suspense. Thanks so much for reading.

      Delete
  11. Sorry I haven't commented in ages - but I have been reading! I'm really really really glad Leigh is ok, and she's not dead like I thought she might! >.< I feel for Krisis, and I hope, (like they always do) him and Leigh pull through this. Krisis should really listen to Ariel, 'cos Joshua really is a bad, bad boy! I really hope Krisis figures something out before something bad happens to Leigh (again), especially when the news that she's not dead gets back to Beau. Yet again sorry for the not commenting but I also wanted to say your writing is amazing and I hope one day you get published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FlightlessAngel,

      Yeah, Krisis and Leigh always seem to get through stuff, hopefully this is one of those times.

      What you said about Beau is a big likelihood and you're right Krisis should start connecting all the dots quick before something he won't be able to recover from happens.

      Thanks for reading, and the compliment on the writing.

      Delete
  12. Val, this chapter just made me feel so good! Little ones always make me smile! The kids were sweet giving Krisis their dolls so that Mommy would feel better. I knew that there was no way that the rest of the family would stay on tour after what happened to Leigh. They want to be with her and Krisis.

    I was hoping that this was the fulfillment of Ariel's dream, but it doesn't look like it is! So that means that Leigh is still in danger! At least now though, Krisis knows for sure that Joshua is no good and a danger to them. I hope that he can stop him before he causes any serious harm.

    Yay!!! A new baby for Krimsyn and JD! I know the baby can't help but be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I already replied to this one, but still its a good chapter. I almost want start reading by chapter one again :)So much has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww the babies are so sweet, at least Krisis now knows Josh aint good for nothin' can't wait for his ass to get busted too. I was thinking Thornton may have figured Eloise out this chapter, but he didn't. I'm guessing he knows exactly who it is now, just wondering when he will choose to approach her...edenz~

    ReplyDelete