187. See You Later, Alligator!

Warning: craptastic shots


Bridgeport, present day...
Eloise didn’t come to the airport to see K-Infinity off. And Leigh was disappointed.

Watching Krisis leave was one of the hardest things she’d ever gone through and having Eloise there would have made the separation a little more bearable. But as Krisis pointed out, her best friend was going through her own stuff.

“Promise me you won’t rush her,” Krisis pleaded with her as he held her close to him.

“I promise. But I just wish she’d tell me already so I can help her,” Leigh looked up, searching his face for any clues, any hint of what could possibly be wrong with her best friend. But her husband’s face remained unreadable; he wasn’t giving anything away.

“She’ll tell you in her own time,” Krisis tapped her nose gently.
They turned to watch their kids play with the rest of their entourage.

Kristian was sitting quietly with his aunt and uncle, he looked very subdued, and Leigh could tell that any second now he’d start bawling his eyes out when his daddy jetted off.

His littler sisters on the other hand, were not the least bit worried about Krisis leaving, they merrily kept the band members of Half & Half entertained.
Lily was with Katie, Devon and Blake, watching airplanes jet in and out of the airport.
The first boarding call came on over the PA system and Krisis’ arms tightened around her.

“I’ll fly home as often as I can,” he lowered his head and kissed her temple.

Leigh just nodded, tears brimming in her eyes.
“Look at me,” Krisis cupped her face. “I’ll video call you every night, I promise, it will be like I’m right here with you and the kids.”

Leigh forced a cheerful smile on her face. But he could see right through it. He gave her a long kiss and held her tightly to him until Krimsyn and J.D. interrupted their moment; they really had to go.
Krisis shook hands with Devon and asked him to check in one Leigh from time to time.
He hugged Blake and ruffled his hair before turning to his kids. 
The girls handled the goodbyes surprisingly well. 
But Kristian screamed like his whole world had ended when Krisis walked away. And Leigh had to restrain him when he tried to run after him, crying “Daddy!” over and over.
His tearful screams broke Krisis’ heart, making it hard for him to leave.

“We’ll call them when we land and they can fly out one of the days,” J.D. consoled him as he led him to the boarding gate.

Krisis didn’t reply. He didn’t want to worry his band mates, but for the first time in the history of K-Infinity he really didn’t feel like touring, not without Leigh and his kids.
Minutes after Krisis disappeared through the boarding gate, Kristian was still crying and Leigh wailed along with him as she held him tightly to her.

“He’ll be home soon,” she kissed the soft tufts of red hair on his head. Kristian looked up and fixed his daddy’s eyes on her and her heart broke anew; there was so much of Krisis in him.
“Baby!” Azalea teased her brother from the floor.

Her sister joined in. They both clapped their hands, jumping up and down, screaming “Baby! Baby! Baby!” the whole time.
Their taunts caused Kristian to cry harder on Leigh’s chest and only Devon’s stern voice hushed them up when he threatened not to get them ice cream if they kept up with their antics.
Leigh asked Nick and Tony to stop off at Marina Field on their way home from the airport.

Devon bought the kids ice cream and settled them in the playground before he and Leigh took a walk around the park.
“How’s Eloise?” Leigh asked as she looked up at the full moon obscured by the darkening clouds. It looked like rain was on the way, and they’d have to head home soon.

“She’s fine. Why do you ask?” Devon replied. He stopped walking; forcing Leigh to stop too.

“Nothing. It’s just that-” Leigh began, but then she shook her head, she didn’t know how to explain it to him, no idea what to say.

“It’s just what?” Devon prodded as he took her hand and led her to a nearby bench.
From where they sat they could see their kids playing merrily in the playpen. Kristian looked much calmer now as he and Lily joined Blake for a game of hopscotch.
“She’s different, Dev. Distant. I don’t know how to explain it. Michaela saw it too,” Leigh replied after some time. “Why didn’t she come to see the band off today?” she added as an afterthought.
Devon stared at his feet, releasing a long breath in the process. He was glad he wasn’t the only one who’d noticed the changes in Eloise.

At first he’d thought it was her grief, but they’d worked through that with Dr. Reddy. It was obvious now to those around them that Eloise had changed. On the outside she still looked the same but on the inside she wasn’t quite the woman he knew and loved. He’d tried to tell her this, but their talk had ended in a fit of rage from her. He had no idea how to get through to her anymore.
“They are approaching the end of the financial year at work so auditors are up in their faces. She had to fly out to Twinbrook this morning, the suits there called her in,” Devon explained Eloise’s absence. 

“Maybe it’s work then she’s stressed about,” Leigh gave him a faint smile, but she didn’t look convinced. In fact she was surprised Eloise had agreed to fly out to Twinbrook, she never travelled anywhere for work, she’d added the clause in her contract when Blake was born.

“Yeah, I think it is.” Devon agreed and squeezed her hand…
_____

The Grand Hotel, 18:55pm
Eloise checked into a three star hotel under a false name not too far from Marina Field where her best friend and fiancé were discussing her.
She quietly slipped up to her room on the first floor and locked the door behind her, thinking about her deception, wondering when the lying would stop. She was exhausted from living a double life, tired of trying to hang on to a false sense of normalcy.
With a heavy sigh she pushed away from the door and approached the table. It looked pretty and inviting, perfect for a couple. Perfect for her and Devon.
“Oh Dev,” she whispered softly as she poured herself a glass of wine, but she didn’t touch it until about an hour later after she’d showered and wrapped a clean towel around herself.
As she slowly sipped the chilled wine she kept glancing out of the window, watching the day fade into night and mentally prepared herself for the change. It was coming; she could feel it in her blood stream, her body temperature had risen dramatically over the past few hours.
Though she could transform at will throughout the month, she’d learned from the previous month that when there’s a full moon she wouldn’t have control over her body. Her transformation was bound to happen tonight, whether she wanted to or not. That’s why she’d lied to Devon about going on a business trip. For his and Blake’s safety she’d thought it would be best if she went through her full moon transformation alone, as far from them as possible where she couldn’t harm them in any way…

______

Thornton’s residence, 4:30am
To Thornton’s disappointment, the moon waned without incident.  He finally went to his bedroom at dawn after he talked to the trackers.

He was just nodding off to sleep in his arm chair when the e-mail alert on his Tablet went off.
It was an email from Katie; she’d just wanted to let him know they’d arrived safely in Sunset Valley.

For a long time he sat there, with a vague smile tugging at his lips, thinking about her. He’d wanted to see them off, but circumstances beyond his control at the VC had kept him away.
 A little while later, he was roused from sleep again when his phone went off. This time it was a call from Zahara. She wanted a status update.
“Negative,” he grunted into the phone.

Zahara breathed in sharply on her end and Thornton couldn’t tell if she was disappointed or relieved at his announcement.

“Maybe he’s moved on. Maybe Bridgeport was just a short stop,” he suggested as he got up from the bed and strolled to the window.

“Or maybe he’s in hiding. Maybe he heard we are looking for him,” Zahara countered.

Their argument went on for some time, both not willing to support the other’s reasoning.  But they did agree on one thing at least; if the wolf was as smart as they thought it was, finding it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

“How do you want to proceed?” Thornton asked at last.

“Stay on it!” Zahara reiterated her orders before she hung up…

32 comments:

  1. This is going to be to hard on all of them. Poor Kristin took it hard and his sisters were so mean. (cute but mean)

    I feel for El. The lies are going to catch up to her and I hope Dev doesn't get the wrong impression if he should see her while she's supposed to be away. That would break him. :( or Leigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is. Kristian is closer to his daddy and the girls are closer to their mom, that's why he took Krisis' departure the hardest.

      Ooohhh, thst can def happen, Dev getting wrong impressiond, luckily he won't see her. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Awww the girls made Kristen cry, I hope they realize that one day he's gonna be bigger and stronger than they are, so they'd better be nice to him now.

    Eloise! You have to tell somebody else about your situation! Somebody who can help you.

    Thornton shirtless...all other thoughts went out the window >:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls are little devils for taunting their brother, but yeah in a couple of years he'll be looking out for them. Lol @ the comment on Thornton.

      Delete
  3. Loved it! It was so sad when Krisis and the band left for their tour, and I couldn't help feeling sad with Leigh. She's really going to miss and need him. Eloise shoudln't have to go through her transformation alone, and if she only told Leigh, maybe she could help, though I understand her reluctance to. I also feel for Thornton, whose under so much pressure to find the wolf, and I hope that it will be him who finds Eloise, before someone else does... That way he can figure out a way to save her before she gets harmed. As always, I can't wait for more! P.S. Those shots are far from craptastic, if only I could shoot that well... Keep 'em coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad. Yeah, Krisis leavng really hit Leigh hard. Eloise shouldn't, you're right, but she just can't bring herself to tell the people close to her, she's afraid they'll reject her. That's true about Thornton, Zahara just keeps turning on the heat. Thank you, I wasn't happy with the shots in this chapter, but thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Oh, poor Kristian. He has to watch his daddy leave, and then get teased by his sisters for crying!
    The departure scene was very touching.
    And poor Eloise, having to go through all that alone, being afraid of hurting Devon.

    And you are such a tease, parading Thornton around like that, all bare chested and sexy. mrrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, yeah, his sisters didn't give him a break, naughty little devils. Thanks, shootimg the departure scene was a little awkward, after hours doing up the set it still didn't feel right to me. Hopefully Eloise finds some light soon, she desperately needs it. Lol @ your comment about Thornton, I promise no more shirtless Vampire Bill. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
    2. Wait, no! MOAR shirtless Thornton! A whole chapter of just shirtless Thornton would be just fine by me!

      Delete
    3. LMAO, okay more shirtless Thornton, I got it! *slowly nods head and smiles*

      Delete
  5. I loved this update! Keep up the great work my friend! Hugs Michell ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, *hugs back at you* and thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. I love that first picture. How the heck can he look so gentle and calm and devourable all of the time? Yes, Leigh is a very lucky lady. The airport scene was quite a tear jerker, I can't help it, I am a mush. :(

    Eloise should have gone further away. I am really worried for her.

    Thornton, business as usual. heh He's a great character.

    Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO. Indeed, she is a very lucky girl. I wouldn't mind waking up to all that Krisis every morning, 365 days a year. You're just like Kristian, a big baby.

      That's true, she should have, but subconciously I guess she wanted to stay close to her family.

      I love Vampire Bill, and Katie's just as smitten with him.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. Well i didn't see any craptastic shots! Loved the airport scenes and poor little Kristian :-( He's only just left and i want Krisis back already, i have a bad feeling about whats coming :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thank you. I feel I could have done a more decent job with the shots. Yeah, you and Leigh both. She and the kids are really going to miss him. Trust your gut feeling. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. I... do not like... Krisis leaving. I understand the why; I just don't like it. Those kiddos need him and video chat just doesn't really cut it. Poor Leigh. Single mom with absent best friend. Speaking of that 'friend', I'm worried about her, of course. What would happen if she just TOLD them what is going on with her?

    Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, but yeah, it's his job. And I get you about video calling, it's def not the same, but yeah, they have to make do with what they have. We'll find out in a couple of chapters about what will happen to Eloise when the truth is finally out.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  9. ~ I can not say much, because I hate when families say goodbye,I know it is his job,but still he will be sorely missed!
    ~ Eloise is being very cautious,that she does not hurt the ones she loves,it must kill her to be away from them especially Blake! (after the abduction,I know it has been a while,but that sort of thing never leaves your mind!)
    ~ Poor Thornton,he has to find the wolf, I personal hopes he doesn't!
    ~ I know his reputation is on the line,for helping his son yet again!
    ~ Loved it BTW (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      I get ya. He will be missed terribly. And yes, El's in a bad plsce, mentally, emotionally and physically. I cam see why you wouldn't want him to find the wolf, a lot of relationships can get destroyed by his witch hunt.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  10. Oooh Eloise, I feel really bad for her. She has to live this double life as she had said and at the same time has to be very careful. It's hard to imagine, even if she wanted to embrace her new being she could not because of the watchful eyes around her...

    All the while Leigh is left without Krisis...I wonder if the crazy lady is going to make her big strike!

    BTW, the pictures were not crappy and it was a great update as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon,

      I love your insight into El's situation. Well put!

      Carmen woud be silly not to take her chance now, she has a clear shot of her target.

      Thank you, and thanks for reading.

      Delete
  11. Awww I hated their goodbyes it was so sad...Eloise needs to tell Devon and Leigh.

    Kristian calling for his Dad must be pulling Krisis in all directions emotionaally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodbyes are always sad. Agreed on Eloise, she does need to tell Leigh. Yeah, hearing him cry like tore Krisis' heart. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  12. Of course, tears in my eyes when Kristian was crying and reaching for Krisis!
    I hated to see Krisis leave his family too. You can tell that they are more important to him now than his band.

    Poor El. She is lying to protect her family and friends now. She has to be so unhappy and confused about the changes! I can't wait to see how things go for her. The full moon means a full transformation and I wonder if she will have control over her actions during it!

    The pictures and the chapter were great like always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies, you and Fae are just like Kristian, big babies!

      Yes, his family is all that matters to him now. You're right about El, she is confused and angry about the whole thing. The full moon does mean a full transformation, and it's exactly why she locked herself in the hotel room. If it comes to it, she'd rather thrash the room than hurt an innocent person.

      Thank you, and thanks for reading!

      Delete
  13. Eloise thinks he's doing everyone a favor but she's not, she's only hurting and pushing those away that love her, not only that the whole dam vamp council is looking for her. No matter how slick and careful she thinks he is,I'm guessing she's not.

    Awwww the kids crying after Krisis made me want to cry! Especially Kristian, poor little guy....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eden, that's very true about Eloise. I can imagine your frustration with her. Kristian idolizes his daddy, he took his departure the hardest.

      Thanks for readint.

      Delete
  14. The first picture is very touching. I loved the part with the two girls teased their little brother. I was very cute. I hope everything is going to be alright with Beau and his gang out there. I fear for Leigh. Poor Eloise she looks so lonely. She can't hide forever. Come on girl find your guts and tell them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dutchy, you and Fae have the same eye for shots, she loves that shot too. The two girls are naughty, Kristian will be getting plenty of teasing from them. Yeah, it's Carmen's time now so I feel you about Leigh. And too true about Eloise, she just can't kerp hiding. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  15. Why do I get the feeling it's only a matter of time before Eloise slips up? :( She's walking on eggshells... Love the shots of the girls, I smiled when they only stopped teasing when they were threatened with not getting ice cream. Great chapter Val. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QK, I think so too, about Eloise, time is running out, she can't hide forever. Yeah, the girls knew when to let it go, ice cream is far more important, it would seem.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete