Warning: nudity, "Days of Our Lives" time jump
Present day...
Leigh didn’t get a chance to confront Eloise; the next few days were hectic for both of them.
Lily had her birthday, but they had something small and intimate for her, just their family. Eloise though, along with Devon and Blake, found some excuse not to attend.
Lily was disappointed that Blake couldn’t spend the day with her, and to make her feel better, Leigh promised to throw her a big party when the band came back from their tour.
A few days later, Blake also had his birthday, but Eloise didn’t invite anyone. And to keep the peace around Blake, Devon didn’t ask her about it. He knew she was avoiding his sister, but he had no idea why, and it pained him to see their once close relationship fall apart.
Leigh was also painfully aware of the fact that Eloise was pushing her away, but she didn’t have time to obsess over their strained relationship. The weeks leading up to the band’s departure she and Krisis tried to spend as much time with the kids as possible and prepare them for his absence.
They went to the park…
And to the library…
They also took Blake camping with them in Hidden Springs, (Eloise had no problem with letting him travel with them, but Devon always dropped him off.)
They soaked up some sun in Barnacle Bay.
And Lily managed to make a quick buck selling baked goods.
Finally, they spent a weekend at a horse ranch in Appaloosa Plains.
Kristian and Blake were taken with the horses, and Krisis went riding with them...
...while Leigh and the girls had a picnic nearby.
When Lily and Blake saw a Catalina Macaw, Lily immediately fell in love with it, and she wanted to adopt it.
But the bird didn’t seem keen on her.
She did get to adopt a Chinchilla though, much to Leigh’s dismay.
Later that night with all the kids sleeping, Krisis and Leigh went for an evening ride on the ranch’s grounds.
They rounded it off by making love under the starry sky…
The night before the band left, Krisis sat down with all the kids and laid down some ground rules in his absence.
“Lily bear, you’ll be mommy’s helper okay?”
His eldest nodded effusively before she kissed his forehead. She took her big sister role seriously and she loved being in charge.
Next he addressed his female replica, “Az baby, no breaking things. If you’re angry or upset tell mommy what’s wrong, okay?”
Azalea slowly nodded her head and flashed him a crooked smile.
She held out her arms, and he reached for her then and gave her a hug, with tears clouding his eyes. He was seriously going to miss all of them.
Ariel, like her sister, gave him a slow smile when he politely asked her to behave and be nice to her siblings.
“No hitting Ariel, no taking things that don’t belong to you. If you want something ask nicely, okay?”
“-k Daddy,” she merrily agreed as she kissed his cheek.
For a long time Krisis held his youngest, wishing there was a way he could take them on tour with him. Of all his kids he worried about Ariel the most since she was the most fragile and sensitive, she needed more attention and patience too.
He could see Lily and Azalea felt left out so he opened his arms for them too and they giggled merrily as they tried to squeeze him back.
“I love you all very much,” he told his three girls when he finally released them from his embrace.
“Where’s my lion?” He roared as he turned to grab Kristian from the counter. His son screamed gleefully when he blew bubbles on his stomach.
“You, little man, are the king of this jungle. Take care of your sisters, and mommy okay?” He told his son seriously.
“Yes, Daddy,” Kristian stared up at him with the same seriousness.
Krisis then took Kristian outside, to the garden and set him down on the flowerbeds.
“Pick a flower, any one,” he gently prodded his son.
Kristian looked indecisive for a while, but then he finally settled for a red rose. He fought with it for a few seconds as he tried to pull it off its stem, eventually he turned to Krisis for help, and together they yanked it off.
“Good job, lion!” Krisis ruffled his son’s hair. “That’s for mommy okay. Every day you’ll come out here and pick a flower for her, and when you give it to her tell her it’s from me, and tell her how much I love her, okay?”
“Okay!” Kristian nodded.
Just then Leigh came outside to check on them, it was well past the kids’ bed time.
She laughed when Kristian jumped into her arms and gave her the wilting flower. He whispered something in her ear before quickly burrying his face in her chest, his cheeks flushing a bright red.
“Wow. That’s a lot of love! And just so he knows, I love him very much too!” Leigh kissed his hair gently, but she was looking at Krisis when she said this, with tears shimmering in her eyes. He was amazing with their kids; they were all going to miss him terribly.
Later with the kids tucked in, Leigh and Krisis drifted off to their bedroom and spent the night making love, making up for the next six months.
They finally fell asleep in each other’s arms at dawn, both feeling satiated and exhausted, but very sad too, they had no idea how they’d get through the next six months without the other.
From her vantage point high up on the hills, Carmen finally peeled herself away from her telescope when all the lights in the Frosts’ home went off.
“Only a matter of time…” she murmured to herself as she slowly cruised home.
Across town, in a tiny apartment above a subway the mood was a little subdued. Thornton and Katie had just made love, and they were finding it hard to say their goodbyes.
Katie thought they should take a break, if in six months they still felt the same way about each other they’d rekindle the flames. She didn’t want to ask him to wait for her, it wouldn’t be fair and she certainly didn’t expect him to stay celibate while she gallivanted all over the place with the band.
“I’ll see you in a few weeks,” Thornton kissed her one last time at her front door. He didn’t want to discuss her proposal further, but taking a break from her and seeing other people while she was on tour was not an option for him.
“But…” Katie tried to convince him again, but he was having none of it.
“No buts, Katie! I’ll see you in a few weeks,” with that Thornton spun on his heel and left her staring after him.
Long after Thornton’s footsteps had faded, Katie was still lingering at her front door, thinking about him and their whirlwind romance. A part of her was relieved and extremely excited that he hadn’t given in to her suggestion, in all honesty though she'd thought she was doing the right thing now by letting him go, but she really hadn’t wanted to…
____
Note: Thank you for making it to the end of this chapter. It was a little disconcerting to work on since the original write up was based around Blake and Lily still being tots. I don't even know what in the world possessed me to age them up suddenly. I hope it wasn't unnerving for you to read, if it was, my humble apologies.
And now for some spam: Frost Family albums, capturing their vacation times at three locations, Appaloosa Plains, Barnacle Bay, and Hidden Springs.



































I loved this chapter but find that Carman very unnerving. I think they should cancel the tour in light of what is going on :)
ReplyDeleteLoved it :)
Don't worry, I sometimes find Carmen scary too. It's too late to cancel the tour, lots of backers, sponsors, involved, not to mention their fans. Besides, I don't think the band's management would be too thrilled with Krisis, it would be the second or maybe third time Krisis pulls something like this and all because of Leigh.
DeleteThanks for reading and commenting. I'm glad you loved it.
I loved it! Little Blake is so adorable and Lily will be a princess proper. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was liked an interlude. All of the preparations before the time away. It was nice to see them all in the little bits of life. Missed Michaela and Cameron though ^_^ ...
The vacations looked very fun :) ... I hope Eloise has a change of heart and says something to Leigh. Thorton and Katie are so cute. ... Carmen is frightening. I want to know what happens next, but I don't. I'm worried. :(
Can't keep us starving readers hanging! haha.
Loved it. :)
Fae, thanks!
DeleteBlake and Lily are the fist kiddies that I'm actually having fun with, and I can see Lily become a princess.
I think as the season draws to a close we'll see less and less of Mickey. But a big part of season 6 imvolves Cam, so you'll see more of him then.
I had loads of fun with the vacations.
Agreed on Carmen, she is a scary.
I'll update later today, thanks for reading!
So basically this is my chance to get at Thornton...I mean..Katie is gonna be away for a while LOL
ReplyDeleteLol, ha ha ha! You can try Pixx, but I think Katie's put him under a powerful spell. LMAO! Thanks for reading.
DeleteOh my! That tore at my heartstrings. Such wonderful, tender family moments captured expertly.
ReplyDeleteSIX MONTHS!? I'm terrified for Leigh! What if something happens and Krisis doesn't make it back in time? Surely you wouldn't do that to us, kill Leigh I mean. Ugh, the suspense is killing me. lol!
Way to go Thornton for not listening to Katie's request! Damn that's sexy.
Enjoyed it! :)
I had so much fun working on this update, making them play happy families was kind of nice.
DeleteYeah, six months is a very long time, a lot can happen. Lol, nah, I wouldn't do that to you intentionally...Or maybe I would? LMAO!
A Thornton fan, are you? I like, I like!
I'm glad. And thanks for reading!
outside of Carmen, this was filled with love and cuteness. El won't be able to keep avoided Leigh. :( Now that Krisis is gone I think it will be a top priority to get to the bottom of what's going on.
ReplyDeleteI love Katie and Thornton!
Thanks Jaz, yes, El can't keep playing hide and seek, sooner or later she and Leigh will have to talk. Exactly! But her search for the truth, may start a chain reaction that has devastating results for everyone.
DeleteI love them too.
Thanks for reading!
Yay, I'm so happy I caught up with Season 5 before Season 6 got started!
ReplyDeleteSo, I've been really loving this story. The Cameron/Michaela romance really touched me. And I'm kind of in love with Thornton.
Great story Val!
Melissa, I'm so excited to see you all caught up. Yay, now you can comment on all the craziness.
DeleteCam and Mickey were really unexpected, I never planned on going down that road, but now that I have, I'm glad if they touched you. Lol, you too, Thornton is really raking in all the love!
Thanks so mich for giving Krisis a chance. It means a lot to me!
This chapter was so cute! I loved the pictures of Krisis and the kids, and to see how close they were. 6 months is a long time, and it's scary to think Carmen is watching and waiting until Krisis leaves... Great chapter - so adorable! :)Waiting for the next update!
ReplyDeleteFlightlessAngel, thank you. Krisis is a big softie where his kids are concerned.
DeleteYou're right, Carmen's stalkerish behaviour is scary, it will get scarier unfortunately.
Thanks for reading.
This thorton thing is driving me crazy! Just be together ! The kids scenes were sooo sweet! And we can def tell that lily will be a hottie! Haahah i think they should have taken the whole family on tour but we cant always get what we want! Elohise is really getting on my nerves haha just tell them! She is on track to loosing her best friend!
ReplyDeletePd: a out the story i was writing, just wanted to tell tou it bas reached 400 views! Thanks for the tips
Lol, they are together already, but I know what you mean, the tension between them is simmering. Lol @ Lily being a hottie, def, after all she is her mother's daughter. I'm happy for you, about your writing. It's great news.
DeleteVal - Unnerving? Quite the opposite! I thought it was about that time for them to start school, they were tots long before the triplets were even born. Heh, it was about that time for them. Overall this chapter was adorable! Blake & Lily are some seriously cute kids. I don't know why but seeing Lily like this is bittersweet. She's so much like her mom, and as "iffy" as I was about her mother, I find myself missing her. I look forward to watching these two progress as well. A lot has happened in this chapter, and I know that the time will come when Eloise & Leigh have a "chat." Just as I know Carmen won't stick to simple stalking much longer. All in all this chapter was thoroughly enjoyable. If Krisis knows about Eloise, chances are Thornton knows as well, and it's driving me nuts as to why he hasn't confronted her! Well done Val!
ReplyDeleteQK, it's good to know it wasn't unnerving. True, they were tots for a long while now. Aw, you've made me all mushy now by bringing up Jacqueline. I loved the good doctor. You're so right about El and Leigh, and Carmen too. So far Thornton doesn't know since he hasn't run into her. Thanks for reading.
DeleteI adored this chapter val! :') It was so sweet, and so adorable and i just wanted to hug everything if that makes sense! I wasn't unnerved by them aging up i was excited! they're still super cute as kidlets so that's awesome, and i legitimately love it all, everything is perfect.
ReplyDeleteIm still pretty saddened by some things though I hate that Eloise is avoiding Leigh, because they're best friends and I want her to know that she can tell leigh and devon, because no matter what they love her and i reckon they'll accept her. I feel so bad for her still, and i really can't wait for things to start getting properly better for her. :(
I'm soooo scared! He's going away for 6 months?! That's giving carmen far Far too much time to strike! Oh god im really nearly freaking now, if she does anything im going to crumble. Im so scared for Leigh, its freaking me out! DX So long as nobody dies i'll be okay but the way this is getting crazy dramatic im all hyped! Im scared you know?! Good scared though, im desperate for the next chapter, im inhaling them! :D
I loved the photos this chapter SO much! They're all soooo cute with the toddlers and the children in all the locations, it was the best little family outing i just adored it.
Oh thorny i love that he doesn't want to spilt with Katie while they're on tour. :') I can remember the days when i couldn't stand him and now i seriously rather love him! Oh val how did you manage that!? :'D
Those two though are such a cute couple.
Never stop writing Val, its amazing how you write!
Eni,
DeleteI always squeal like an insane person whenever I see a comment from you.
I'm relieved that you didn't find the sudden age transition unnerving, I was worried it wouldn't be seamless.
I understand your sadness, Eloise really needs to learn to trust those around her, especially Leigh. Thornton has a soft spot for her, if she knew El is a wolf, he might back off because of her.
Yeah, I'm with you there, six months is plenty of time for Carmen to deal with Leigh.
I've always wanted to do family moments photoshoots, and this chapter gave me the push I needed to finally do it. And I'm thrilled you enjoyed their outings and that you loved the pictures.
Lol, ah, so Thornton won you over, I'm so happy to know that, I do remember your dislike for him.
Wow, thank you, I feel the same way about your writing.
Haha Carmen is persistent and dedicated. I'm sure all those loving moments are going to motivate her more.
ReplyDeleteI didn't find it unnerving or anything, I mean they just have to age up suddenly since that's kinda how they do it in the game any ways. There is no period between Toddler and Kid so yeah, it does seem kinda sudden no matter unless you just skip some a few years. Come to think of it Lily has been a toddler for a while though it feels like. I think it's just about time to show that she is a bit older than the other two.
Aeon,
DeleteYep, that's our Carmen, I wouldn't expect any less from her. And yes, definititely, she's motivated for sure.
Thanks, it's good to know you didn"t find it unnerving, I was so worried about aging them up and making it a seamless transition.
Thanks for reading!
Them kids! They are all so sweet=). Getting a little worried now, with Krisis gone Leigh is more vunerable, I'm just hoping the bad guys get theirs first.
ReplyDeleteNow with Katie gone I should invite Thornton over for supper..or something, you know, just to keep him occupied while she's gone/nod =b.....edenz~
Lol, yeah, I think they are adorable too.
DeleteYeah, for Krisis' sake, let's hope they do get what's coming to them before they harm Leigh.
Mmmmhhhh, I think you are too late there, Pixx already moved in with Thornton. There's Beau though, he needs some love too.
Thanks for readint.
This chapter was so full of cute moments. Such beautiful families! I love how Krisis is with Leigh and their children. They had a really great vacation!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that Thornton isn't going to see other people. Katie might begin to feel that their relationship has a real future now!
Lilie is a pretty little girl and Blake is so handsome like his Daddy.
It's sad that El is drawing away from Leigh, but she may be afraid that she might hurt Leigh!
I always love it, Val!
Daisies,
DeleteYeah, Leigh and his kids are the only thing that matter to him now. I had loads of fun shooting the vac scenes.
Thornton knows what he wants, Katie knows too, but she's afraid to get attached. She really needs to let go of her hang ups and let him in a little more.
Lily and Blake are both adorable, and yeah Blake does look like his daddy, you'll see it more when he's a teen.
That's another thing too, the last thing El wants is to hurt the people she loves.
Thank you, and thanks for reading.
I understand that they have to tour but I don't understand why Krisis leaves Leigh home, knowing what they know trough their daughter. Or did I miss something? There love making pictures were very beautiful. Thornton is a real vampire after my heart. A man who knows what he is, who he is and is not ashamed to be it. :) Lovely chapter.
ReplyDeleteDutchy, touring with the band would have been tacing on Leigh and the kids, plus the triplets have their sessions with Dr. Scott, their psychic ability trainer. Yes they know abt Ariel's prediction, but when it comes down to it, they realize it csn happen any time, amywhere, even if they did tour with Krisis, he can't keep an eye on her 24/7. I love their intimate shots too. Lol @ you and Thornton, he's really getting a lot pf attention lately. Thanks for reading.
Delete