Warning: adult situations (surprisingly no nudity...LOL. Guess someone has skillz!)
Bridgeport, present day...
The month before they were supposed to fly out to Sunset Valley to kick start their five cities tour, K-Infinity played a few gigs in Bridgeport.
Leigh would have loved to attend every one of their performances and support her husband, but leaving the house with all four kids was impossible.
She did manage to sneak in a performance one evening though when Patty graciously offered to forego her weekend off and look after the kids.
Leigh was doubly ecstatic when Eloise and Devon agreed to join her at Plasma 501 for the evening.
The club was swarming with fan girls and boys when they arrived and Krimsyn was dancing with one of her fans; the whole town had come out to watch K-Infinity’s final performance before they went on tour.
Devon headed for the bar, Leigh and Eloise joined Michaela and Katie; they were hanging out in a corner booth, watching the dancers sway their hips to the loud music reverberating on the walls.
“There’s something different about you,” Michaela frowned at Eloise when they sat down.
Eloise shrugged off her comment with a wide-eyed smile.
“I think she’s lost a bit of weight; we haven’t seen her in a while,” Leigh added her two cents worth, and Eloise could have kissed her then.
“Yeah, that must be it,” Michaela nodded, but she didn’t look convinced.
Half & Half took the stage then and they all blissfully lost themselves in their performance.
The room went wild when K-Infinity opened their set with Feeling Cheated…
Hello? Where is everyone?
I’ve secluded myself, shut myself in ...
I am ready to come back,
to the living …
no one is here ….
Help me. Tell me something…
I know I’ve been gone, gone a long time...
I’ve come out of the shadows,
to emptiness …
no one is here ….
Show me. Lead me somewhere...
I've lost my clear path, blinded by night....
I am seeking a way home,
to the sunshine...
no one is here …
(chorus -1)
Take me.... take me somewhere far away
Oh the dangerous game we play
forever losing, forever failing...
I've lost my way... I've lost my way....
Hello? I need to see someone
I am come undone, breaking in two....
I don't want to end this here,
undeserving...
no one is here....
Help me. Teach me of life...
I know nothing now, of what should be...
I don't want this to end here,
undeserving...
no one is here....
Show me. Show me I am real...
I do believe I'm real, want to be real...
Now I know it must end here,
undeserving...
always alone....
(chorus -2)
End me... end my time of misery
Before there's nothing left of me
forgetting sunlight, forgetting my life
I've lost my self... I've lost myself...
Take me.... take me somewhere far away
Oh the dangerous game we play
forever losing, forever failing...
I've lost my way... I've lost my way....
Two hours later, Eloise was on her way to the bathroom when Krisis cornered her in the dimly lit hallway, K-Infinity had just finished their set. He took her hand and led her to the crypt.
“When did it happen?” He didn’t mince his words.
For the longest second of her life Eloise was utterly lost as she tried to process his question.
“When?” Krisis demanded again as he crossed his arms and leaned against the end table.
Eloise prowled the small area, spinning circles around him, but there was no way around the truth, no way out. He was on to her. She knew they’d catch on eventually, that’s why she’d avoided Leigh and the band for as long as she had.
“Almost two months ago. At the beach. I was jogging, working off steam when this huge dog, I mean, wolf, attacked me,” she admitted after a while.
Krisis closed his eyes then, wishing he could undo her words. She didn’t know it, but their lives had suddenly become complicated with her confession.
“Devon doesn’t know,” she added.
“You have to tell him, El!” Krisis moved away from the wall and paced.
“I can’t. He’ll leave me if I do. You know how he hates Vampires. Imagine what he’ll do when he learns I’m a wolf. The band's probably figured out what I am, Michaela too. But you can’t tell anyone else, Krisis! Please don’t tell Leigh. Please. If you do, she'll tell her brother and I'll lose everything!” Eloise broke down then and cried. It was the first time she’d admitted the truth to herself.
“You can’t hide this forever. There’s a bounty on your head. Vampire trackers are on your trail. If they find you, El, you’re finished!” Krisis warned her as he gave her a hug. He knew about Thornton’s trackers. Their whole Vampire community knew.
Eloise breathed a huge sigh of relief as she rested her head on his expansive chest, it felt so good to finally share this with someone.“I think I only slipped up once, with that couple at Waylon’s Haunt. But I honestly don’t remember that too. They won’t find me though, since I heard about the trackers I’m being very careful.”
She'd also heard about the trackers through the grapevine, nothing stayed quiet for long in Bridgeport. Nothing. But she was determined to keep the truth about herself hidden for as long as she could.
She'd also heard about the trackers through the grapevine, nothing stayed quiet for long in Bridgeport. Nothing. But she was determined to keep the truth about herself hidden for as long as she could.
The rusty door opened just as they pulled apart. Leigh sprung in.
“What’s going on?” She asked as she slowly walked towards them, her worried gaze darting from Eloise to Krisis.
“I just wanted some help, I can’t decide what to get you as a going away present,” Krisis lied quickly when he saw the pleading look in Eloise’s eyes.
“You are the best husband in the whole wide world, you know that?” Leigh stood on tiptoes and kissed him gently on the cheek.
Eloise decided to leave then, she wanted to get home in time to tuck Blake in.
“Is she okay?” Leigh asked Krisis as they watched her make her way out of the room.
Krisis didn’t reply. Instead he distracted her with his kisses. In matter of minutes thoughts of her best friend were a distant memory.
The whole time Krisis was kissing her and yanking down her panties, Leigh kept glancing at the door, hoping no one would come in. They’d had sex in quite a few public places before, but never at such a busy spot like Plasma 501. She could just imagine the headlines in Dirt if someone had to catch them with her panties down.
“Relax, this is a private room,” Krisis assured her as he pushed her against the wall and swung her slim legs around his waist, allowing him maximum entry as he thrust hard into her…
When they strolled back inside the club exactly twelve minutes later, Leigh was a very happy girl.
Later, on their way home, the mystery surrounding Eloise came up again when Leigh called him out on his lie earlier.
“You know, with the blood bond, you can’t lie to me, Krisis. I know something is wrong with Eloise, so level with me please,” she touched his arm gently.
Krisis turned away from the road for a second and glanced at her, “I’d love to. But it’s not my place to tell you, Leigh. Eloise will tell you when she’s ready.”
Leigh wanted to push him to give in, but she knew it was pointless, once he made up his mind about something it was impossible to change it.
She felt a little jealous of him then, Eloise trusted him more than she trusted her.
“That’s not true!” Krisis answered her thoughts.
“Yes it is! I’m her best friend, why can’t she come to me if she trusts me?” Leigh pointed out.
Krisis shook his head; he didn’t want to talk about Eloise anymore.
“Fine,” Leigh fell back in her seat with a loud sigh. If he couldn’t tell her, she’d go straight to the source…
_____
Credits:
The lyrics to Feeling Cheated are the intellectual property of Fae/Zhippidy.
Karima has sole rights to Half & Half and Blood Note, the latest girl band to join O+ Records. Due to technical difficulties, the girls couldn't make an appearance in this chapter.
Thank you both for making the After Dark Tour possible.
For more tour stops in Bridgeport, check out the band's performance album on Facebook.
Next stop is Sunset Valley! See you at the show.





























That's it Eloise will have to tell Leigh.
ReplyDeleteLoved the band too :)
No, not really. She doesn't have to tell Leigh.
DeleteThanks. I'm glad you loved the band.
Surely if Thornton & co just KNEW it was El that was the wolf, they'd back off a little and help instead, right? I mean, yeah, she killed a guy but hasn't Krisis too after all? (among others of course) And society doesn't miss the scumbags they both killed.
ReplyDeleteI know she thinks telling Dev would be catastrophic, but I'm sure Dev would rather know than what could happen to her should Thornton's trackers find her. If he really loves her, and I'm positive he does, he'll be willing (might take a while ofc) to love her no matter what she is.
You really get into those band shots don't you? :D
Great update!
But this is much, much, bigger than El killing a guy. It's about power too. If there's a wolf on the prowl, it won't be long before a pack comes along, and before you know it, a whole nation of wolves has taken over, and putting strain on an already fragile truce the Vampires have managed to make with the humans. El, is just the tip of the iceberg, and they'd rather deal with her quick, before their worst nightmare comes true.
DeleteTrue about Dev, but knowing his reaction to the vamps in the past, I can't really fault El for not wanting to tell him.
Not any more than I do with the rest of my shots.
Thank you, and thanks for reading.
P.S. will be reading your update shortly.
AH! True, I didn't think about a pack. For some reason I was only thinking lone wolf here. Ew. Yeah. Yikes.
DeleteI don't know what it is about the band shots that made me say that. It's a compliment. I can't put my finger on why I'd think that when with the jazz singer story I do the same thing. Something about them. Maybe the fog? lol /shrug
I love that you read my story cuz you're one of my favorite writers. :)
P.S. I keep trying to sneak in a K-Infinity poster somewhere but I keep giggling like an insane person every time I try. It'll get in there eventually.
I can understand why you'd think lone wolf, so far El has really been alone, and from a normal person POV, say Krisis for instance, I think he'd think like you and me, and demand they give El a break. But Thornton and Zahara are politicians, so there are always agendas with those types.
DeleteAw, thanks for the compliment. I haven't read your Jazz story, I keep meaning to start it, and then I see an update, and I think I'll never catch up. But one of these days I will, especially now that I'll be working half day for three days in a week, and the other two I'll work from home.
And likewise, Gabby and Nate have made it on my fav couples list.
LOL, maybe if *cough* Gabby and Nate *cough* had a daughter *cough* you could sneak one in her room?
If you're on Facebook, add me. I'm part of a small writers group on there, lots of talented and supportive writers, and I can add you to the group. Here's my page: http://www.facebook.com/valpres.simstories
Thanks again for commenting.
Aw, dun worry about feeling like you can't catch up on the jazz story. With Krisis, I'd sit and read sometimes 3 or 4 then sometimes 30 chapters. (on the 30 days I seriously needed a reality check!)
Delete:'( I've made the rule that they can't have kids... but they could adopt. hmmmm
and that was a fast fb response! lol. before I even finished this.
n sorry for nearly hijacking the comments.
I've already started on CLJS, and I think it's wicked. I love, love, love your writing there!
DeleteAnd yes to adopting :-)
Lol, I live on FB. So if you want chat you'll find me there.
And no worries, hijack away!
I knew it was only a matter of time as soon as she got near them. Krisis is sweet and understanding but he's right. She needs to give Devon and Leigh some credit. Devon loves her like crazy and Leigh is her best friend and the most understanding person. She can't keep hiding and lying about this.
ReplyDeleteI think if anything he's going to be hurt she felt she had to hide for so long. Leigh is already hurting and she is likely to push El. I just hope she doesn't lash out in a bad way when that happens.
Jaz,
DeleteAnd she knew it too, that's why she avoided the band for as long as she could. Krisis is understanding, but she put him in a terrible spot by asking him to keep the truth from Leigh knowing full well how secrets almost destroyed their relationship in the past. I like what you said, about her giving Leigh and Dev credit. Leigh really is the most understanding person she knows. True, Leigh's confrontation with El could get ugly, hopefully if and when it does happen Eloise stays calm enough not attack her.
Thanks for reading!
hmmmm never thought about that but apparently all the vamps can smell her, they know something is changed and if she was around Thornton for about one minute he would know. Now that Krisis knows what can he do with the information to help protect her, anything?
ReplyDeletePoor Leigh is feeling out of the loop, I guess I would be feeling th same way and I would probably do exactly what she's going to do next, go straight to Eloise.....edenz~
Edenz,
DeleteYes, their sense of smell is super strong.And you're right about Thornton, he'd zero in on her pronto if he was around her. Krisis won't do anything about this, asking Thornton to back off on the search would be admitting he knows who the wolf is, and Eloise asked him not to tell anyone else.
Leigh is def hurting from the rejection, and confronting Eloise may not be such a good idea considering how erratic she is.
Thanks for reading.
Full of yummies. :)
ReplyDeleteKrisis was really abrupt with Eloise. I am glad he noticed and knew and pulled it out of her. He wasn't the one I expected would be the first to know. I fear Eloise will be digging herself deeper and deeper into a hole that will be very hard to climb out of. Hopefully, maybe, Krisis will speak with his Dad. But then that would betray Eloise's trust. Quite a sticky dilemma. :(
Loved it .. looking forward to seeing where everything goes. I hope there are rainbows ahead between the storms.
LOL @ "full of yummies"
DeleteYes, he was abrupt with her. They all noticed the change in her, Mickey too. But Krisis is closer to Eloise so he had to do the honors of confronting her. Careful, your words may turn out to be the truth about Eloise digging herself deeper. Krisis would love to get involve and help her out, but he'd def betray El's trust, and also he may shatter the fragile bond he's built with Thornton by telling him to risk his political career for him again.
Yes, def rainbows. The next update is full of those. Warning: you might just get a sugar rush from all the sweetness. LOL.
Thanks for reading, and for the lyrics.
*sigh* Oh boy, once Leigh catches wind of something she's usually hellbent of finding out. Regardless of the potential damage. I hope Eloise manages to avoid her, Leigh isn't very good with secrets.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about Leigh and secrets, she can't stand them and once she decides she wants the truth she doesn't give up. For her sake though let's hope her search for the truth doesn't end up hurting her more fhan not knowing, thanks for reading!
DeleteHavent we learnt anything yet? Keeping secrets is BAD! I wish she would just tell devon and get krisis help! I am afraid sthg will hapen to her and she will leave devon and the baby forever! Please say im wrong!
ReplyDeletePd: krisis has not mellowed one bit!
Let's hope shit doesn't happen to her, Devon and Blake would be devastated to lose her. Thanks for reading.
DeleteAns you're right in some ways Krisis hasn't mellowed at all.
For Eloise...I mean imagine being hunted...but not just by any one but by vampires. I mean that is a action story right there! Hopefully she won't meet one (well for her sake...Aeon's interests differs though...) or I fear that it may be the end of her. Her life has changed dramatically that is for sure. I am surprised that krisis knows about it first but at the same time he's probably the best person to know. I do wonder what Thornton will do when/if he finds out. Will he try to compromise? Help her hide from the others? Maybe even brew up some scheme? with all of that said...Pictures great, writing great, everything great as usual!
ReplyDeleteAeon, lately you just make me smile with your enthusiam where Eloise's storyline is concerned, so thank you for that. It really means a lot to me to see you as excited about it as I am.
DeleteKrisis knows about it first because of all the band members he's closer to her, so the onus was on him to get the truth from her. And I love all your speculations about Thrornton.
Thanks so much for reading!
I don't know why but it never dawned on me that the vamps would figure out what was going on with El... i should have known! I really hope she confides in Dev soon... he would never leave her! She needs him in the know, as well as Leigh. Her family and friends love her so much I'm sure they would help her figure things out. I do wonder though... Once Thornton finds out about El, will there be some sort of vampire/wolf truce or alliance?? hmmmmmmm...
ReplyDeleteKelly, I think you're right about Dev never leaving her, but she doesn't know that, she's going from past experience with the vampires, and in a way I guess it/'s wrong of her to judge Devon based on past actions. It's a tough situation she's in with no easy answers.
DeleteThanks for reading!
Oh dear... I hope Leigh and Eloise's relationship can stay strong when Leigh goes to find out the truth. I also hope Eloise finds a way to tell Dev at some point because he would be supportive, and he would stay by her side through thick and thin. In a way I'm glad Krisis stuck with his promise and didn't tell Leigh about Eloise's 'secret'. P.S I love your pictures of the band!
ReplyDeleteI think El does need to trust Leigh and Devon more. Thanks so much for reading, and I'm glad you love the pics of the band.
DeleteI swear I breathed a sigh of relief with Elois when she told Krisis. Poor thing was being driven crazy by this secret. I hope Krisis can help her with the vampires though.
ReplyDeletePixx, and I swear I could hear your big sigh of relief. Krisis will help where he can. Thanks for reading.
DeleteI am glad she told Krisis but I want her to tell Dev and Leigh. I don't think Dev would leave her for it. He loves her do death. For better and worse right? :) Very nicely pictures of the band :)
ReplyDeleteDutchy,
ReplyDeleteYeah, for better and worse yes, but they haven't taken their vows just yet, and she's genuinely scared he'll leave her. Thanks for reading.