182. I Don't Know Who You Are

Warning: coarse language, nudity, adult situations

Bridgeport, present day...
Devon didn't give Eloise much choice.  As soon as she came out of the bathroom he rushed her to the hospital to get her checked out.

Seeing her walk through their front door, naked and dazed out of her head had scared him more than he'd ever admit. The news clip he'd seen earlier about the couple at Waylon's Haunt had not helped matters. He'd realized then that the female victim could have easily been Eloise, anything could have happened to her while she was in her trance.

Her memory lapse was another thing worrying him. She had no recollection of how she came to be naked, how and when she left the house or why. The last memory she had was of waking up from her drug induced sleep feeling like her whole body was on fire and rushing to the bathroom. Everything after that was a blank. Ten hours was missing from her time line, it was a lot of hours to ignore, a lot of time to simply brush off with an understanding nod. He wanted to know the truth about her disappearance, no matter how ugly it was.
Now as they sat waiting for the doctor to return with her results he kept stealing glances at her.

The wild look he'd seen in her eyes that morning when she slammed him on the wall was still there, and in the harsh glare of the fluorescent light she looked...Threatening.  Frightening. Nothing at all like the woman he loved and knew.

"El, can you sit with me please," he tried for the umpteenth time to get her to sit down. He was tired of her constant pacing and growling, she was making him very nervous.

"No!" she cried. It sounded like a bark. Harsh. Angry. And unnatural.

"I don't see why you brought me here, I told you I'm fine!" She carried on growling.
Devon ignored her rant, he knew she was spoiling for a fight and he wouldn't be dragged into it.

As if she'd read his mind about not wanting to be drawn into a fight, Eloise suddenly stopped in front of him. Devon could swear her eyes glowed yellow for a brief second as she glared at him before they returned to their normal state, the madness though was still there in the honey brown depths he loved so much.
Dr. Ross walked in then, with a medical file hanging loosely at her side, stopping what could have easily been a repeat of that morning when Eloise went apeshit on him.

 Devon released a huge sigh of relief when the doctor informed them that Eloise's physical exam had revealed no signs of sexual assault.

As soon as she heard the announcement, Eloise thanked the doctor and excused herself, leaving Devon baffled and embarrassed by her rudeness. He had no idea where her sudden temper and abruptness was coming from.
Alone with the doctor he apologized for his fiancé's behavior.

Dr. Ross wasn't offended or shocked. She assured him Eloise’s behavior was normal. People grieved differently. Acting out was obviously Eloise's way of coping with her father's death.

Like him though the doctor was worried about Eloise’s episode, especially about the memory loss and she suggested they should see a grief counselor or a therapist to help them through this difficult period.
Convincing Eloise to go for therapy was one of the hardest things he'd ever done. And over the next few days they fought like cat and dog. He begged, pleaded, groveled. And she kept right on stonewalling him every chance she got. Until one evening, after a particularly tough day at work, he finally broke down and cried. And only then Eloise understood how much her wellbeing meant to him.

"Okay," she finally agreed.
She took him in her arms and held him. Somehow their comforting embrace turned to feverish kissing and groping.

And as they wrestled off each other's clothes, moaning and grunting their desires, they were both glad their son was a heavy sleeper.
Eloise had always had a healthy libido, but now as she impaled herself on him and swayed her hips from side to side, she was downright insatiable and Devon loved it.

When she suddenly stopped her thrusts and begged him to fuck her from behind he was taken aback by her request, particularly because it wasn't a position she'd enjoyed in the past, and her language was shocking to say the least. But aroused beyond sanity, he didn't question her, in fact he merrily acted out all her demands, did everything she begged for and more.

As he slowly moved in and out of her, he couldn't help but marvel at this new Eloise, with her insatiable appetite and dirty words. A small part of him though, the one the fingers of desire hadn't touched just yet, the one not fully clouded by his lust, couldn’t help but feel he was making love to someone else. And once the thought crossed his mind, he couldn't let it go. It made him very uneasy...

18 comments:

  1. Fought like cats and dogs... love it!

    Oh El, where are you? Surely you're still there buried under the creature you've become.

    Also, and I hate to be this way, but I'm worried about their son and his safety.

    Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no pun intended there...okay, maybe it was! Glad you loved that bit!

      She is, Dev just needs to dig deeper to bring her out.

      I think you're right to be concerned, but I'd like to think she wouldn't harm the the people she loves.

      Thank you, and thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I say the doctors should do more tests...If Devon senses something is off then he should go with that instinct and find out why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They already ran tests on her, before she transformed and they didn't pick up anything wrong with her. But the point of this visit was to check she wasn't assaulted, not because of illhealth or anything like that. But agreed on Dev, he should trust his instincts.

      Delete
  3. Poor Devon has no idea what he's in for.

    I hope the Frosts find out about Eloise before the Vampires start beheading wolves though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx, yeah, for her sake let's hope they do.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. This is a terrible situation. Poor Devon, to be so overwhelmed he cried. I could feel his confusion and helplessness. I wonder what a therapist will draw out of her, and hope they don't try hypnotherapy, although that might find the answers. I wish she would confide in someone close to her.

    Great update, wonderful pictures - as always. I love your pictures almost as much as your writing. You have imagination without end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fae,

      Yes it is, more so since he has no clue what's going on. The next chapter deals with her therapy so I won't say much on that, but I will say you and El have the same thoughts on hypnosis.

      Thank you, that means a lot to me, coming from you. You know I'm a huge fan of your work!

      Delete
  5. Things are getting much much worse for her :( Devon is at a loss as to what is going on and she's not willing to open up to him. If she doesn't really remember I can understand but he loves her and only wants to help. I'm glad she finally agreed to go to therapy but I don't think that will help. She's changing, being a wolf is completely altering her personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz,

      Thanks for reading, she honestly doesn't remember, she remembers the moments before the transformation into wolf and those after she assumes her human form, what she does when she's in wolf form she can't remember. Yes, the change is happening a lot faster than she would have wanted and Devon has picked up on it.

      Delete
  6. I am really startinv to worry a bit!! Eloise come baaaaack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three comments from you in one day, aren't I a lucky girl?

      I think you're right to be concerned, her behavior is erratic. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. Val - She's definitely gone through a change, in more than one way. Despite their intimate moment, the downward spiral has begun, and it's only a matter of time before Dev watches her change. I don't know how how long it will take Thornton to track the wolf before he finds himself on their doorstep, but I'm sure they don't have much time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QK,

      Definitely she has, and it's heartbreaking that Devon could see and feel it during their intimate moment. Hopefully Thornton doesn't find her before she tells Devon the truth, that could have serious consequences for them both.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. This is a new Eloise! I hope that Devon can love the new one too! She may be more than he can handle now. Her anger and her eye color change with Devon worry me.

    Although, she has to be so confused and scared with the changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies,

      Lol, true that. It's a new El, and she scares Dev. Definitely, she is scared and confused. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  9. She is more a angry animal then the sweet spunky Eloise, I do hope she will find herself back again in time. Poor Dev, I don't think he knows what to think or do. I hope he will find out soon, so they can work on the problem of her being a wolf now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, she's letting her wolf side take over now, Dev is just as confused by the changes he sees in her. Thanks for reading.

      Delete