135. It's the little things

Bridgeport, present day...
Leigh decided at the last minute to invite Eloise and Blake to the park. She missed her nephew and she wanted to catch up with Eloise, find out what she and Devon had been up to over the past few days. She’d barely spent time with them since Blake’s return.
They made sure the kids were settled and having fun before they drifted to the food truck.
“So when you are moving back home?” Eloise asked. They were waiting for their hot dogs.
Leigh ignored her question; she didn’t want to talk about Krisis and their problems. She carried on watching Lily and Blake play in the sandpit.
It was their first meeting, but they seemed to get along like a house on fire.
Blake was in a sharing mood, Leigh saw him offer all his toys to Lily, who merrily accepted them.
A second later though, they got into a squabble when Blake demanded to have his yellow truck back and Lily refused to hand it over.
Leigh started to walk over to them to break up the fight, but Eloise stopped her.

“They’ll be fine Leigh. Let them play.” Eloise murmured as she paid for their food.
Leigh sighed as she took her plate, her friend was right, they were kids, and they’d be fine. She wished she could say the same for her and Krisis.
They walked over to one of the picnic benches a few feet from the sandpit. Leigh rolled her eyes when she saw Nick and Tony, her bodyguards, sitting across from them. They were like her shadow; they followed her everywhere she went. Tony insisted on being her driver too. As if she needed or wanted a chauffeur!
“Are you going to pretend you didn’t hear my question?” Eloise crossed her legs and chewed on her food slowly, the look of pure satisfaction on her face said it all, she was enjoying the grease very much.
“I don’t know El. It’s so complicated. The triplets are due in a month and our life’s just falling apart,’ she groaned, hiding her face in her hands.

She really didn’t want to talk about Krisis, but somehow she found herself opening up to her friend. She told her everything, from Thornton being Krisis’ father to the background check he’d done on her.
“Mommmmy!” Lily wailed from the sandpit, and they both looked up just in time to see Blake clobber her again with his truck, not the one he’d demanded back earlier.
Eloise hurried over to the duo and picked up her son. Leigh couldn’t hear what she said to him, but she guessed it must have been a silent reproach or a promise of a treat as she watched Blake walk up to Lily and give her a hug.

Leigh smiled. It was the cutest thing she’d seen in ages. Once again, she wished her life was that simple and her problems with Krisis could be resolved with a mere kiss and a hug.
“Where were we?” Eloise asked, resuming her place beside her. Leigh shook her head. She’d done all the sharing she was going to do that day. She felt much better though now that she’d gotten everything off her chest.

“You know, it took Tamsyn taking Blake to make me realize how short life really is, and how much I take the people around me for granted. Some things are not worth fighting over, Leigh. And some things are worth fighting for,” Eloise whispered, gazing off into the distance.
Leigh waited for more, but Eloise only smiled, there wasn’t any more, the rest was up to her.

Eloise had showed her the light through the crack, it was up her if she wanted to follow it and let it guide her home.

“Thank you.” Leigh whispered, taking Eloise’s hand in hers.

“You’re welcome.” Eloise scooted over to the other side and wrapped her arms around her burgeoning frame.
They stayed like that for a long time, both drawing strength and comfort from the other.

For a while, they sat on the bench, reminiscing about the past, and watched the sun go down as they planned Eloise’s wedding…

_______

Note:
Looks like this will be the only update this week...I have a busy week ahead of me.

I've been subpoenaed to appear in court tomorrow, I'll be tossing and turning, worrying about that tonight. And on Thursday, I'm flying out to Durban with DH and DD to see the in-laws. I'll only be back on Sunday afternoon, so hopefully there'll be an update for you all when you wake up on Monday.

I'll have my iPad with me and if I can get internet access, I'll hop on and read all your awesome updates, if not, I'll catch up when I return.

Namaste, stay blessed!

23 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving us this update before you leave Val! I hope everything goes well!

    Lily and Blake are two of the most adorable toddlers I have seen yet!

    I hope that Eloise was able to give Leigh a new perspective on her problems with Krisis. Maybe now she can forgive him!

    Eloise and Leigh's time together was so sweet. I especially loved the picture of them in the last scene!

    This was another great update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11daisies,

    No, thank you, for indulging me. I hope so too. I'm really anxious about taking the witness stand :( Hopefully tomorrow is the last of it. It's been dragging for two years.

    I just love the two tots to bits. I wish I could keep them that age forever.

    El did give her new insight. She didn't say much, but the little she did has given Leigh a lot to think about.

    Thank you. El and Leigh remind me so much of me and my best friend, Precious. Maybe that's why I find it so easy to write their scenes. And that last pic has got to be my fav too.

    Thank you, and thanks for all your support, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Such a sweet Prompt. I wish I could of seen Lily and Blake hug. Do you think there is a future for them?

    They are truly the cutest babies ever, until the triplets arrive then they have competion, let's not forget there is a mini Krisis brewing in there.

    "I wish I could keep them that age forever" Don't we all, at this stage, they are Soooooooooooo cute.

    I really hope that El's words made Leigh think about her situation with Krisis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah,

    Yeah, me too. I wish I could have made them hug. Right now the possibilities are endless where their future is concerned, but it's unlikely since they are being raised as brother and sister (cousins). We'll see though since they are not blood relatives. But I wouldn't rule out anything.

    LOL, yeah once the triplets arrive they'll have to give up that title.

    I know, but I can't stop wishing.

    El's words did give Leigh a lot of food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are friends for! How cute the two toddlers!
    Can't wait to see how Leigh is going to act :)
    Have fun with your visit to the in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dutchy,

    True, true!

    I'll try, but I don't promise.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a sweet and simple update. I loved the advice El gave to her. Maybe it was just the softest kick in the butt Leigh needed to start down the path to forgive Krisis.

    Sorry about court hopefully all goes well and have a fun and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jazen,

    Yeah, I figured we need sweet and simple after all the "drama" of the past few chapters.

    It def was the kick Leigh needed.

    I hope so too about court.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leigh needed her friend. That was good advice Eloise gave her. I live by that philosophy that you have to pick your battles, that not everything needs to be a fight or struggle.
    So cute seeing the kids playing together. Blake better be careful. Next time he hits Lily with his toys she might just "nibble" him a bit ;)
    Enjoy your holiday with the inlaws!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holley,

    -She did need her BF and Eloise was happy to make time for her. Ain't that the truth, and Leigh;s slowly learning that too.
    I loved working with the kids. LMAO, true, if he's not careful he'll be an unwilling donor.

    Thanks. I need the break!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aawww Great chapter, great chapter! *claps* I hope she goes home now -_- XD
    Haha i just realized that i forgot to link you to the all important sliders XP Opps
    (Btw, yes my simself is a teen *Blushes*) Cool Mickey friend, i like that! =D
    (This is all the sliders i have, idk if you need the slider hack or the hat grip one, but i wanted to link them just in case)
    http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2010/07/slider-hack.html
    http://linna.modthesims.info/d/378416
    http://www.simscave.com/index.php?topic=21839.0
    http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2011/04/bone-slider-set-hat-control.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rose, lol. Yes, let's hope she does.
    Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect, perfect way to have her eyes opened. No one but Eloise could've said that to her and have it hit home.

    I hope this makes her pack her bags and head home to work things out.

    Love how Lily calls her mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Friendship is truly a beautiful thing and it is completely true when people say that friends and family are the only things that last forever. You can tell that no matter what happens, Leigh and Eloise's friendship is an everlasting bond that will never seize to amaze me as a reader. If I didn't know better, I would think they were actual sisters, which they practically are. They are always there for one another and it's absolutely touching when they have their little girl pal moments, i.e. this chapter. I like all the updates with the action, the romance, the drama, but sometimes just reading a nice, calm, heart-warming entry is just as rewarding. I will also thank you for posting before you leave. I'm sure you will do fine in court, and I can't wait for your update on Monday. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet n Simple is right, i'm sure Leigh will do the right thing though. Can't stay away from home for long after all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jill,

    That's so true. El can reign her in when no one else can.

    Their talk was the nudge she needed.

    Thank you, I was worried that it wouldn't make sense or won't say much. I'm glad it gave you insight into the characters/

    And just my luck, I went to court this morning only to find out the case has been postponed, and my manager, who saw me yesterday at work, knew about this but didn't say anything.I am so peed off at him, I sent him a very hot e-mail now.

    *End of rant*

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aeon,

    Yeah, Leigh will do the right thing. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  18. brookeshire,

    That is so true what you said about friendship, especially about Leigh and Eloise, they do think of each other as sisters, and with everything they've been through, they can always count on the other to be there for them.

    There'll be lots of those girl pal moments in Season 5, what with all the bachelorette parties and weddings going on, you'll probably be sick of them.

    Thank you, that means so much to me, to know how much you've enjoyed this simple entry. And thank you for reading and for finding your way back to this.

    Well court didn't take place, it was cancelled and I only found out this morning when I got there. What pisses me off is that my manager knew about this since yesterday, yet he didn't inform me. *angry face*

    Have a great week and weekend, chat on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you enjoy your visit.
    I am glad that Eloise is speaking her mind and gently letting Leigh know she needs to fight to make things work with Krisis.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awgwagwagwa i didnt know a week would feel so long ;D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seaweedy,

    Yeah, Eloise is Leigh's voice of reason. She needed to hear that from her best friend. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Rose,

    LOL.

    Sorry. I've just been writing like mad for Seven, but I did take part of the shots for the next Krisis update, so tonight I'll push more shots. If all goes well by the end of the week, latest being Saturday.

    I downloaded your simself BTW. Love her. She's gorgeous, but I have tried her in the game yet. I'll check her out tonight, I hope she shows up, sometimes I have a problem with sims installed through the launcher :(

    Pheww! Talk much? Sorry. I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG their friendship is so....*sniff*

    ReplyDelete