Warning: coarse language, nudity
Bridgeport, present day
After a month of giving him the runaround, Eloise finally agreed to meet with Cruz. He’d called her office every single day since he'd sent her flowers, and she'd done a remarkable job of ignoring him. Until today, that is, when her resolve had seemed to be at its lowest.
As she slowly cruised to the rendezvous point, a seedy motel in the shady part of town, Eloise wondered if maybe she was making a mistake.
“No, it’s not a mistake because you’re going to tell him to leave you alone once and for all,” she tried to convince herself. Her argument though, sounded weak and thin even to herself. She could have simply sent him a text, or told him over the phone to stop calling.
She stayed in her car for a while, thinking about whether she should go in. It wasn’t too late to turn around and send him a text message telling him to back off.
But driven by curiosity, her legs carried her out of the car and into the motel’s dimly lit reception area.
The clerk at the front desk barely looked up from her magazine, and Eloise was relieved as she raced towards the elevators. She didn’t consider herself a celebrity, but she’d been photographed with Leigh and Krisis numerous times, people recognized her instantly. The last thing she wanted was a nosy clerk speaking to the likes of Dirt magazine and twisting her simple meeting with Cruz into something it wasn’t.
She rang the elevator to the 2nd floor, and as she waited for it to come down her mind wandered to Devon. She knew they were in trouble, and it wasn’t just the stuff she was keeping from him. It was more than that. She’d tried to talk to him, but all she got was a half-hearted excuse about work being stressful. Despite all their problems though, she was glad to see Devon’s relationship with Blake was still intact, their son is one person he hadn’t withdrawn from.
The elevator doors squeezed open with a tired 'ding' and for a second Eloise just stared, unable to move, her gut clenched tightly, and a trickle of perspiration ran down her spine, all signs of her mounting anxiety. But just as the doors were about to close she stuck out her hand, forcing them to withdraw again. With a shaky sigh she stepped inside.
The 2nd floor was eerily quiet. It reminded her of the ground floor of her work that night when she forced Leigh into compelling the security guard.
“Oh Leigh,” she sighed wistfully. She really missed her best friend and wished things could go back to the way they were before Cruz showed up.
Outside room 201, she paused for a few minutes before she struck up the courage to knock on the door. Cruz answered promptly. In the dim light in the hallway he looked older than her initial impressions of him, more threatening too.
“You showed up,” he offered in place of a greeting, a faint smile tugged at the corners of his mouth.
“It’s not like I had a choice, you would have kept hounding me if I didn’t!” Eloise snapped as she stepped inside his room. She caught a whiff of aftershave mingled with sweat and petrol fumes, or maybe it was car engine oils or some similar lubricant, she wasn't so sure, but whatever it was, it reminded her of a petrol station.
He must have seen the petrified look in her eyes because he held up his hands in a non-threatening manner.
“Where I come from, people don’t woo married women.” Eloise turned away from him.
The window seemed to be the safest place to settle down, she pranced toward it.
“Can I get you anything?”
Before she could reply she heard him rummage through the small cooler box on the dining table in the corner.
“No, I’m not staying long,” she shrugged as she turned away from the window to look at him.
“Suit yourself.” He popped open a beer and took a long gulp from the bottle.
“Why did you summon me here?” Eloise demanded. She’d taken just about all she could take of the pleasantries. She wanted answers and she wanted them fast.
Cruz crossed the room and lowered his frame on the bed, it creaked loudly under his weight. He patted the empty spot beside him, inviting her to take a seat. Eloise shook her head; she was fine where she was, thank you very much!
“My name is Cruz Desai." He began when it became obvious she didn't plan on joining him on the bed. "I just turned twenty two a few weeks ago; I work at Hank’s Auto shop as a mechanic because it’s the only place desperate enough to hire me.”
“I have a fifteen year old sister, Jupiter.” Cruz carried on and Eloise frowned at him, silently wondering where the hell he was going with this.
“My parents died from the plague eight months ago.”
At that moment, when she heard the pain in his voice, Eloise forgot all the rage she harbored against him. She wanted to comfort him, and tell him how sorry she was for his loss. But she couldn't, she didn't know him that well, didn't know how he'd react to her sympathy and platitudes.
For a long time he didn’t say anything, and Eloise found herself trying to come up with something to fill the silence. But her mind drew a blank.
Maybe he saw how uneasy she felt, or maybe he just wanted to get everything off his chest, whatever his reasons, Cruz suddenly spoke again, showing her glimpses of his life.
“Moonlight Falls is a big town, pretty much like Bridgeport. The humans own the suburbs and the metropolis."
"And the gypsies normally set up camps in the surrounding hills, away from everyone. Its better this way, you know, it's safer for the town too, no one gets hurt and we get to be what we are without fear of getting caught."
"Being so isolated from everyone though has its negatives. Normal folk don't understand our traditions and practices, and anything they don't understand scares them. So there's always tension just simmering between us and them, ready to ignite at the slightest hint of suspicion or provocation.” Cruz paused then and took a long, ragged breath.
Eloise held her own breath, waiting for more; she was still confused about her place in all of this, and from the look in his eyes, she knew his story didn't have a happy ending, but still she wanted to know him, understand his motivations, and maybe if she did she could start thinking about forgiving him. So she nodded her head, silently asking him to carry on.
“About a month before the outbreak, I was home from college when a small group of botanists showed up; they had a letter from the government requesting permission to conduct research on the rare flora in our site. We didn’t want them around, but refusing them access would have raised unnecessary hostility between us and the government.
So for a week they did their business, poked around the soil and took plant and water samples, and we all did our best to accommodate them.
Three days after they left scores of fish were found floating lifelessly on the water's surface in the pond, and one clan whose camp runs along the pond fell ill. Two days later they were all dead, and a few others from my clan were infected.
A meeting was called and we were warned not use the water from the pond. Someone managed to place a call through to the authorities. But by the time help arrived almost the entire camp was infected, and at least fifty people were dead.”
Cruz paused, giving her time to process everything he’d said. At some point during his narrative, she’d left her place by the window and joined him on the bed. She took his hand now and squeezed it comfortingly.
“What happened then?” She asked when she was sure the tight lump in her throat was gone.
“We were moved to the Science facility in Bridgeport for treatment, it had better infrastructure. A week later I felt better and I was discharged, but Jupiter and a few others were still sick. I didn’t want to leave her, but someone had to arrange our parents' funeral. So I went back home, buried mom and dad, and closed up our caravan.When I returned to Bridgeport two days later Jupiter was gone.”
“What do you mean ‘gone’?” Eloise sounded bewildered.
“I mean just that. She’s gone. The doctors told me they’d discharged her. But I know my sister, she wouldn’t go off on her own; she’d call me to pick her up or at least tell me she’d been discharged.” Cruz got up from the bed and paced the room.
“So what? You think they’re lying to you?” She asked in a small voice.
“I know they are! They have my sister and the others, those sons of bitches.”
“But why? Why would they do that? Why would MorcuCorp hold them against their will and lie to you about Jupiter?” Eloise shook her head in disbelief.
“I don’t know. My guess is they must have found out from our test results what we are, and they’re experimenting on Jupiter and the others.”
Eloise fell silent then, processing his revelation. It sounded bizarre, crazy even, but her life had lost all normalcy the moment Cruz turned her.
Cruz carried on with his pacing, his raw anger came off of him in sickening waves, and Eloise desperately wanted to tune him out and get as far away from him as her feet would allow, but her body refused to cooperate, so she remained on the bed and stared at the worn bedspread, wishing she was a thousand miles away.
She didn’t like where this was headed, didn’t like that Cruz was making his problems hers, but she could see how torn up he was over his sister and she understood his fears. When Tamsyn kidnapped Blake, she could barely function, so she knew all too well what he was going through. She just wished he wouldn’t lay down his burdens at her door; she’d taken enough shit from him to last her three life times. She didn’t want or need any more complications. She was about to tell him that when he finally rested against the table and carried on talking, drawing her deeper into his mess.
“Before I ran into you that night, I went back to the facility to demand Jupiter’s release records, and things didn’t go as well as I’d hoped. Let’s just say, you were luckier than Jupiter’s doctor-”
Eloise didn’t give him a chance to finish his piece; she sprung from the bed and rounded on him, gnashing her canines. “You son of a bitch! I’m supposed to be grateful that you didn’t kill me?”
“That’s not what I meant. I’m sorry okay. I’m sorry. But I was furious with everyone at the facility. And no one knows better than you what anger does to us-”Cruz tried to explain, but Eloise was having none of it.
“I have a family you bastard, didn’t you care about that. Didn't you care that I might be somebody’s daughter, somebody’s mother, someone’s wife?” Even if she’d wanted to, she could not have hung on to the last bit of self-control she had. Like the last time they met, her transformation took her by surprise, and once again she found herself trapped between forms.
Panting for breath she watched Cruz shift back and throw on a towel around his waist before he went to get the door.
He assured the clerk they were great, just a session of steamy sex gone very loud that’s all.
“Keep it down you two; we do have other guests you know.” Eloise heard the receptionist say before Cruz slammed the door in her face.
He headed straight to the bathroom, giving her time to change back.
Five minutes later, having worn the carpet thin with her rabid pacing, she struck up the courage to knock on the bathroom door and borrow a t-shirt from Cruz; she couldn’t exactly leave the motel naked...
Cruz was dressed in a pair of oil-stained jeans and a surprisingly clean t-shirt when he came out of the bathroom. He looked through the dresser and pulled out a clean t-shirt and a pair of boxer’s shorts. He held them out to her, Eloise hesitated for just a fraction of a second before she took them and headed for the bathroom. She didn’t like the idea of wearing his clothes, but calling Leigh again wasn’t an option and neither was walking out of the motel naked.
He was in front of the window, smoking, when she joined him in the bedroom again. She crossed the room and sat on the bed.
“If it’s any consolation, it wasn’t personal!” He spoke, with his back turned to her.
“Fuck you!” Eloise cussed under her breath. “You made it personal when you attacked me!”
He turned slightly then to look at her. “Will you help me?”
Eloise shook her head, an incredulous look in her eyes. “You turn my life upside down and you still want my help?”
“Yes, please help me,” he pleaded. “You know people. The head of the Vampire Council.”
“Thornton? Are you out of your mind?” Eloise was almost shouting now.
“If you can just get word to him, tell him what’s going on, about the science facility and the experiments they are doing on my sister and the others, I think he can help. He seems like a decent man, I mean he let you go didn’t he?” Cruz took a long drag from the cigarette and returned his attention to the window.
“You know about that?”
“I know everything about you.”
“Really, like what?” The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them.
Still gazing outside the window, Cruz replied. “I know you hate roses; I asked one of the girls at your office. But I still got them for you anyway just to rile you up.I know you are compassionate, and you have a generous heart, you were there for your best friend when her parents died, and I’m pretty sure you had everything to do with your family taking her in and helping her through her matric year. I know how much you love your son and how you almost died when that crazy woman kidnapped him. I know you’re fiercely independent and you don’t like to ask for help even when you clearly need it, it’s probably one of the reasons you took as long as you did to tell your husband about the change, and probably why he won’t know about our meeting today, you think you can handle me on your own, sort of out your little complication without involving him.I know how…” He would have carried on, if Eloise hadn’t cut him off.
“That’s enough!” She yelled, raising her hand to silence him. And in much gentler voice she added, “How do you know all that? All that stuff with Leigh and my son?”
Cruz gave her a sad smile. “That night when I bit you, I just wanted to scare you off. And it wasn’t until those bodies outside Waylon’s Haunt made it on the news I realized I’d changed you. Since I’m responsible for you now, I had to know you; I had you know everything about you, so I did my research, did a bit of digging around. You might not like it, but you are important to me as much as I’m important to you, we share a lifelong connection now.”
“Is that supposed to comfort me somehow?” Eloise frowned, her eyes flashing angrily.
“No. But I’ll always be around if you need me.”
“Where the fuck were you when I completed the change, when I killed that man at Waylon’s Haunt, when I went through my first full moon transformation? I needed you then! I needed you to help me!” Eloise could feel tears sting the corners of her eyes, but she quickly blinked them back. She wouldn’t cry. Not here. Not right now. Not in front of him.
“I’m sorry. It was never my intention to abandon you, but since I’d already killed Jupiter’s doctor, and the medical personnel at the facility had seen me transform, I had to lay low for a while.”
“So you were protecting yourself?” She spat at him.
“I was protecting both of us.”
Eloise snorted bitterly. “If it makes you sleep easy at night, keep telling yourself that.”
Cruz didn’t say anything after this. Instead, he turned back to the window and took a long drag from his cigarette.
Eloise played with her hair, trying to drive away the hurt feelings clogging up her throat. “If you know so much about me, then you’ll know Thornton and I are not friends. In fact right after you attacked me, I had to stand trial and the only reason they let me go is because I promised I’d personally bring them your head on a silver platter!” She spoke after a long, uncomfortable pause.
“Are you?”
“‘Am I what?” Eloise glowered at him.
“Are you going to bring them my head on a silver platter?” He matched her angry stare.
Eloise was the first to look away. She was never good at handling conflict. “It depends.”
“On what?” He looked intrigued suddenly.
“On whether you help me or not. Teach me everything I need to know about being a werewolf.”
“Of course, but you’re not a werewolf. You’re a Rakshasa.” Cruz told her.
“A what?” Eloise stammered.
“A shape shifter,” Cruz ashed his cigarette and drew the curtains before he joined her on the bed. He took her hand and held it. Surprisingly Eloise didn’t yank it away. She felt drained; her emotional outburst had really taken its toll on her. She leaned on his shoulder and closed her eyes as she listened to another one of his narratives…
“A long time ago, in a sleepy town of Al Simhara, a kindly Brahmin had a very good mother who was loved by all.
But his wife, Rakshasa, was jealous and mean; she mistreated his mother.
The poor woman was too elderly and feeble to defend herself.
One night, heartsick from all the abuse she’d endured at the hands of her daughter-in-law she fled to the shrine of the village goddess and prayed to her.
Her prayers were answered and she was given an enchanted pomegranate.
Returning to her home she ate the fruit, and immediately felt her skin grow firm and youthful once more.
She rose from her elderly stoop as her body grew strong and young again.
Now she could defend herself and no longer had to endure the humiliation at the hands of her son's wife.
The Brahmin's wife was furious. The next evening, on a full moon, she went to the same shrine with a fabricated tale of woe.
The gods, of course, weren’t fooled. But they gave her a fruit all the same.
Returning to the house, Rakshasa eagerly bit into the fruit.
At first, as strength flowed into her body, she was delighted and thought all was well.
But then grey-brown fur began to sprout from her body, and her hands and feet transformed into paws.
Falling to all fours she tried to complain, but only a howl emerged as she was wholly changed into a wolf.
When the moon waned, Rakshasa became human again, and she went back the temple and prayed to the gods to remove the curse, but sadly it was irreversible and she passed it on to all her children, and their bloodlines. And that’s how a race of Rakshas or shape shifters was born.”
Eloise didn’t know what to say for some time, it was a lot to absorb, a lot to think through.
She tried to get on her feet but Cruz stopped her when he shifted on the bed and carried on with his narrative.
“Whenever there was a full moon, without fail, Rakshasa would transform into a wolf. Throughout the month though she could transform at will and take on any form she desired, but when she got highly emotional or aggravated, her transformations were often not seamless, and she’d become part human and part beast.”
“Like us, right now?” Eloise asked, referring to their half human-half wolf form when they transformed earlier.
“Yes, a female Rakshasa is known as Rakshasi, and when you’re part human, and part wolf, that form is known as Manushya-Rakshasi.”
“Manushya-Rakshasi,” Eloise tried to say the word, it sounded very strange and it rolled off her tongue awkwardly.
“So I’m a shape shifter,” she murmured, more to herself.
But Cruz nodded and smiled at her. “You sound disappointed.”
“I’m stunned. In all the research I did, I never came across anything on Rakshas.”
“You were looking in all the wrong places,” Cruz got up from the bed and stretched before he raided the cooler box again.
He grabbed another beer for himself and a can of soda for her. Eloise absently took the cool drink from him and flicked it open with a twist of her fingers, but she didn’t drink it, she was still too stunned to do anything.
“I can’t remember what I do when I’m in my other form, I can remember the moments just before the transformation, and the moments after I change back , but nothing in between. Why? Why can’t I remember?”
“It’s a problem most shifters have soon after they’re changed. The more you grow into your abilities the more control you’ll have over your mind when you shift. I wouldn’t worry so much about it.” Cruz assured her.
But Eloise wasn’t convinced; it’s something she always worried about.
Reading the worry in her eyes, he knelt in front of her. “Look, if you did something bad while you were in your other form I’m sure we would have heard about it by now, I imagine it’s very hard to keep a body hidden.”
Eloise frowned darkly at him, completely missing the humor in his words. She pushed him away and got up from the bed; it had grown very dark outside.
“I have to go.”
“Will you be back?” He sounded eager, hopeful even.
Eloise shrugged her shoulders. She didn’t want to make any promises…
Credits: In case you were wondering, Rakshas really do exist in Hindu Mythology.
The story of Rakshasa can be found here, under Folklore and Mythology. You'll have to read through the passage titled 'Indian'; I just changed the lore quite a bit to to fit Krisis.
Special thanks to Karima, for staying close to me while I banged my head against my keyboard, trying to make this chapter work.



























































.jpg)


Still not convinced by Cruz story. I still think he wants a romantic relationship with Eloise. If is sister Jupiter is in trouble then yes help him but after that walk away because Cruz wants more and Eloise loves Devon.
ReplyDeleteCruz really has no reason to lie to Eloise. He vanished from her life once before, and he could have stayed that way, but he came back because he really needs her help. And I guess that's his ulterior motive. But as for a romantic relationship, since he knows everything about Eloise, he knows she's married, and I'd like to think that his parents raised him better than that, he wouldn't go after a married woman.
DeleteThanks for reading and commenting.
Wow. I know Rakshasa from my D&D days ^_^ Big tiger humanoid otherwordly creatrues.... I think that this was an awesome update and it certainly gives Eloise some hope and some insight. I do hope she confides in someone she can trust. She really needs to have someone, other than Cruz, understand her and what she's going through. I don't think that the vampires would be happy about the murders that were obviously committed by the scientific research team. What were they after? A method to eliminate all supernatural beings? To lose almost an entire town is horrible. And for Cruz to have lost his family and now his sister is missing, I can't see how Eloise can keep this in. Her family and friends are the only ones who I think can help. The pictures were great and the story all the more fascinating :)
ReplyDeleteYay. Awesome, I'm glad you didn't find the mythology overwhelming. D&D, what's that? Pardon my ignorance.
DeleteThank you, that's very nice of you to say that, especially since I've been agonizing over this update for months. Believe it or not, it's been in the works since I asked you those questions about airborne viruses and plagues and all those weird things, and that was last year already.I changed, cut it up and rewrote it numerous times until I couldn't sit on it any longer.
I agree, it might not be what Eloise wanted to hear and it's certainly not what she'd hoped her meeting with Cruz would accomplish, but she's learned a lot from the time she's spent with him, their talk def gave her insight and she's got a much clearer understanding of what she is. That's true, she does need to talk to someone other Cruz, but with the way things are with Leigh, I don't see her reaching out to anyone else.
I love, love, love that you brought up that point about the vampires. And it's def something Cruz is banking on. And you really bring up good questions about the research team.
Even if Eloise doesn't want to get involved, knowing her, she'll feel she has a moral obligation to get Cruz' sister out. Her friends would love to help, but they don't have that kind of power. Thornton though does. But since he wants Cruz' head on a silver platter, Cruz would have to give him a compelling reason to help his cause.
*blushes* thank you. You are much too kind.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Not happy. I don't like that Devan and El are both keeping secrets from each other. It's not good and it is putting a major strain on the marriage. With her friendship with Leigh also strained, I don't see the marriage or the friendship surviving. :(
ReplyDeleteCruz told a sad tale, but not sure if I believe him. It seems really convenient and I think he has ulterior motives. I don't see how El can really be of any help. She's not on the vampire council's good list and they are the Vampire Council. I don't really know how much they could do, if anything to help out werewolves, especially if they are out to kill Cruz. I'm probably missing something in the politics of how all that works.
Anyway, I just see bad things happening all around where this is concerned. :(
Understandable.
DeleteTrue, their marriage is taking a knock, Eloise is aware of the problems, but she doesn't know how to fix it, esp when Devon won't open up to her. Right now there doesn't seem to be an easy solution for their relationship. She'd be devastated if both her friendship with Leigh and her marriage fell apart, she loves both Devon and Leigh, and I'd like to think she wouldn't let it get that far.
Cruz really has no reason to lie to Eloise. Turning her wasn't intentional, it was just an incident brought on by what he was going through himself. Jupiter is really missing, he's not lying about that. True the Vampire Council probably won't help, not unless they had something to gain from it.He knows he's on their wanted list, but he loves his sister enough to give himself up to the VC just as long as her safety and that of others is assured.
Yeah, the outcome doesn't look pretty.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Aw, don't worry! It worked just fine :)
ReplyDeleteVery intregued by these Rakshas! I'll have to read up on them!
Very beautiful pictures! I think I'll have to read back through to take all this in! Loads of info, thanks, Cruz!
Not sure what to make of Cruz, actually. He seems genuine, but he could well be spinning her a tale to get her to do something... I hope Eloise and Devon can work things out! It won't look good to have her go home in his clothes, though...
Thanks! Glad you thought it was okay.
DeleteI find them very fascinating, and I had fun bringing them over to Krisis.
*blushes* thank you. Yes, it was a lot to take in, I thought of breaking it up into two parts, actually I did, but as standalone chapters they didn't work.
He is being genuine, he's got no reason to lie to Eloise. True, going home in another man's clothes won't look good. We'll see in the next update how she handles that one.
Thanks for reading and commenting!
Awww, Cruz's story was so sad, I feel for him :-(. And I don't know, I think I trust him... Can't excuse him for turning Eloise, but still...
ReplyDeleteAnd I loved that story about Rakshas, all those myths are always intriguing. The pictures were pretty :-D.
I just wished Eloise could be completely honest with her husband, their marriage is strained enough as it is, without her paying secret visits to a stranger in a shady motel (and I just remembered the receptionist thought they were having steaming sex, uh oh).
You are so right, he has been through a lot, but it's not an excuse for turning Eloise's life upside down. Sadly it was an accident, and if he could do it over, he'd probably act differently. But he can't wish it away, and he can't take it back, and they both have to come to terms with what he's done and try and make sense of the mess they find themselves in.
DeleteI'm glad you enjoyed the story on Rakshas, I love all things myths and lores. And thanks for the nice compliment on the pics, I had tons of fun staging them and playing with actions in photoshop.
She does need to be honest with Devon, and yes, he wouldn't like it one bit that his wife is meeting strange men in dodgy motels. We'll see in the next update how that bit with the receptionist unfolds and Cruz's clothes.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
~ "just a session of steamy sex gone very loud that’s all."
ReplyDeleteLOL!
~ He is so sure of himself,easy on the eyes,but that ego!LOL!
~ I feel so sorry for Cruz,to lose his parents such a short time ago,& now his sister is missing,he suspects she is being experimented on!
~ And all covered up with lies!
~ I know it is a long shot,to ask for help from the one you have hurt & changed her life for ever,but it is worth a try,for a family member,you will do anything to make sure they are safe!
~ And he is the only family,that Jupiter & himself have now,they need each other,besides his sister is too young to be on her own!
~ I have a feeling that what Cruz is telling her is the truth,surely with their new connection she would know when he was BSing her!
~ I do hope El can help,but really I do not see how,as she promised to bring him in to Thornton,or I should say his head,on a silver platter!LOL!
~ I loved the explanation of the Shape Shifters,& the legend behind it!
~ I do not know how she will explain the way she is dressed to Devon when she gets home,that is if he is talking to her!
~ I loved the pictures & the mini book,it was well worth the wait,& very well thought out & explained,I think it is the best explanation yet on the wolf/human form,but I could be bias!LOL!
~ Loved it! (",)
Lmao, yep, you know him, he does need to dial the ego just a notch, weirdly enough when I write his parts, they don't sound like he's full of himself until you mention it, and I kind of like that though.
DeleteHe hasn't had a great couple of months, but now that he's decided to find Eloise, here's to hoping it gets better and that his quest of finding his sister pays off.
Yes, he really has no reason to bullshit her, and as you've pointed out, she would sense it if he was considering the connection they share, their emotions are intertwined so lying to the other would be a little difficult.
True, El has a predicament in her hands, she does owe the VC Cruz' head on a silver platter, but with her inexplicable connection to him bringing him will not be easy.
I'm very happy you loved it and you'll probably sleep easy now that this update has been published considering how many times I kept chopping and changing and frustrating you in the process.
LMAO, oh that explanation, I'd love to see Devon's reaction when he sees her in another man's clothes.
Lol @ the mini book. Yes, it was a minibook, you know me too well, l don't do long chapters, so this really surprised me too.
I think you are just biased :p but *blushes* thank you, that's a very nice sentiment.
I'm glad.
Thanks again for holding my hand from start to finish of this update and for your support always.
Things don't sound good for Eloise and Devin. They both need to stop keeping secrets from one another and come clean. It will help their family in the long run. I don't like Cruz. I feel bad for him, losing his parents and now his sister is missing but Eloise was right, he can't drag her into this. It's not her fault and she shouldn't have to clean it up. The fight was hilarious, I wanted her to do some damage, but that damn Motel receptionist had to interrupt! I hope that he finds his sister and all, but I still don't think he's any good for Eloise.
ReplyDeleteYep, they do need to talk more and openly. Cruz doesn't have a lot of fans and I can understand why, but he does need Eloise's help, this happened a while ago, so he approached Eloise as a last resort/option so to speak, if he had other alternatives he probably would not have resurfaced. Glad you enjoyed the fight, don't know if she would have done any damage to him though considering he's way stronger than her. I think he'd agree with you there, about finding his sister.
DeleteThanks for reading and commenting.
Ooooh I knew I'd love this one just by the title! Not that I don't love them all but this one especially!
ReplyDeleteAs for Cruz, seems like he is not having such a good life. I'm glad though that she is able to learn what she is and of her abilities. I'm sure that will help her moving forward. Cruz doesn't seem like a bad guy, but he still dragged her into this :/ I guess it is what it is and I think her helping him is the best for both of them. Will be interesting to see where the MorcuCorp stuff leads though! Wonder what they were up to! Besides it seems he's not a bad guy actually, but she needs to talk to Devon about this before he takes it the wrong way!
Thanks!
DeleteHe had a relatively good life until a few months ago when his parents passed and his sister missing. Yes, it was about time she learned what she is and now she has an idea of where she'd going. So far reaction on Cruz have been mixed, I'm glad you've taken a more positive approach where he's concerned. But whether he's a good guy or not, I guess only time will tell. Ah, yes, MorcuCorp, that will unravel over the next few updates. Agreed on her talking to
Devon.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Oh I'm so glad to see an update!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed that little bit of mythology you through in there at the beginning. I'm always a fan of writer's that try and give a little bit more of a backstory or realism to something that's more fantasy than fiction. Shapeshifter and especially Rakshasa sound so much more interesting to me than werewolf. So well done with your Hindu mythology research! :)
Not really sure if I like Cruz or not. I'm leaning towards a no right now, but that could change as we get to see a little more of him down the line. I might just resent him because Eloise seems to be drawn more to him than Devon right now. It's kind of hard to blame her though; she just wants to find out more about why the hell she has the ability to turn into this beastly half human creature.
My hope is that things don't get misconstrued between her and Cruz. Even though Eloise is beyond independent, she should talk about the situation with Devon so it doesn't look like she's sneaking around behind his back.
And yay, I'm so happy to see a comment from you! I didn't think it would take me this long to get an update out, but RL sort of spiraled out of control these last few months and I'm slowly finding way again.
DeleteThat's so sweet of you to say that, I was a little worried that readers will find the mythology overwhelming, but reading your comment now, made all that research I did worth it. I'm very happy you enjoyed Cruz's backstory. Shhh, don't let werewolf fans hear you say that about shapeshifters.
I think your reaction is perfectly understandable, I'd be worried if everyone sort of accepted him at facevalue and just took his word. What I can say though is that he is being truthful about everything, but at the same time his motives for coming after Eloise are mostly self serving. True, all El wants is to understand what she is and why it happened to her, sadly her search for answers seems to be pushing her closer to Cruz and further from Devon.
Things can easily get out of hand, esp if Devon finds out on his own about Cruz.
Thanks so much for reading and commenting, your comment was the first thing I saw in my inbox and it made my day.
So the dude wants Thornton's help. Yeah. Good luck with that! :P lol
ReplyDeleteI think I believe him. Don't know if that makes me like him or not, but that's pretty much beside the point. El hates him or at least has strong dislike in his general direction.
All that aside, he's hot. :)
Hm, yeah, this doesn't look good for El and Devon and their marriage. After everything they've been through, it just keeps hitting them!
Yes, Cruz wants Thornton's help, who knows maybe he'll get it, maybe he won't. No harm in trying I guess. Nah, I don't think believing someone means you like them by default. And you're right, it's besides the point, but El doesn't hate him or dislike him, she does hate what he 's done to her to her though. Nope it doesn't look good.
DeleteThanks for reading and commenting.