212. Closing In On Me

Warnings: language, some violence

Bridgeport, present day...
Leigh was just making dinner when Krisis got a text message from Cameron; he frowned darkly as he read it.
“What’s wrong?” Leigh asked him as she turned away from the chopping board, already dreading his answer. She couldn’t handle any bad news right now; her first few days as a newling were hard enough. Her constant craving for blood, the thoughts she couldn’t seem to block out, the sounds and smells bombarding her, it was all too much for her. Krisis had said it would get better, in a couple of days she’d feel okay, but so far she felt like shit.
She absently massaged her forehead. It wasn't a headache she was trying to drive away; it was Patty's heartbeat inside her head. Leigh thought it was incredulous that she could hear the housekeeper's pulse even when she wasn't in the room with her; she found it especially annoying that she could read her thoughts too. The poor woman was afraid of her; she was scared out of her head that any moment she'd pounce on her. And the sad part is it’s all true, Leigh would be lying if she said she wasn't tempted to make a meal out of the housekeeper, as a result Krisis had proposed they should give her time off, for a few weeks, just until she had a handle on her urges.
"Mickey's gone-" Krisis filled her in on Michaela and Cameron.

“No!” Leigh was devastated for her niece and Cameron. Right after Appaloosa Plains she could tell they were heading in different directions, but she'd hoped that they'd work things out, she'd prayed that Michaela wouldn't shut Cameron out the way she had with Krisis after Vladimir attacked her, obviously her wishing and praying had done shit.
"Hey, " Krisis pulled her close to him and kissed the top of her head. “They'll work through this."

"What if they don't?" Leigh blinked up at him from behind her glasses. She didn't need them anymore. Since her transformation, her vision was crystal clear, but she still wore them out of fondness, they were a reminder of her former life, of who she was not too long ago and how far she and Krisis had come, it's a miracle they didn't get smashed up when she was shot.
"They will," Krisis cupped her cheek with his palm.

Leigh caught it and kissed it. "You sound so sure."

"I am. We worked through our giant pile of shit, didn't we?"
Leigh found herself laughing at his choice of words. But he was right, if they could work through all their obstacles, Cameron and Michaela would survive this too.

"I have to go see Cam; will you be okay on your own? Leigh I don't want to lea-" Krisis didn't finish what he was saying.
Leigh stood on tiptoes and kissed him on the lips before she ushered him out of the room.
He turned back though; he couldn’t leave her without making sure she’d be okay. He knew she was struggling with Patty’s scent, and the last thing he wanted was a repeat of Hollow Creek.
He pricked his wrist and offered it to her, “here.”

Leigh’s eyes darkened with lust when she saw the droplets of blood falling from his hand. He didn’t have to ask her twice, she clamped her mouth over the two puncture marks, reaffirming their blood bond and her devotion to him…


The dance floor was hopping mad with college students when Krisis arrived at The Black Room.

On stage, Blood Note was covering Bon Jovi’s Living on a Prayer.
He stood just inside the entrance and scanned the crowded room, looking for Cameron.
His eyes rested on him sitting at the bar, staring morosely at his glass.
As Krisis approached the bar, he kept thinking he should have brought Leigh with him, he wasn’t good with words and emotions, hell he avoided those two things like the plague. Leigh would know what say to Cameron.
He reached the bar a little too soon for his liking, he was unprepared for this talk, so he just stood there trying to come up with something comforting to say, and that’s when he noticed the two blonds vying for Cameron's attention.

The loud music reverberating on the walls made it hard for Krisis to hear what they were saying, but the suggestive way they kept smiling at his friend left little to the imagination, it was obvious how they wanted the night to end. Krisis knew Cameron wasn’t ready for that, he was still bleeding for Michaela, heck, they just broke up, fucking his fan girls would definitely take care of the itch, but it wouldn’t ease his pain. No, fan girls were the last thing Cameron needed. 
Sherri, the bartender, caught his eye and waved at him. “The usual?”

The two blonds turned around to see who she was talking to. They squealed like the real fan girls they are when they saw him there, looking awkward and uncomfortable.
“Krisis!” One of them threw her arms around him like they were old friends, and the other followed suit, painting his face with her lipstick.
Once the blonds’ excitement simmered down, Krisis politely asked them to leave him alone with Cameron. They reluctantly agreed, but not before he’d left his million dollar signature on the front of their well endowed chests. 
“Thanks,” Cameron gave him a small smile before he turned back to his glass.

“For what?” Krisis asked as he took one of the seats the blonds had just vacated.

“For getting rid of those two. I was this close to punching them!”

Krisis laughed at his statement, Cameron didn’t have it in him to punch a woman. He was a Don Juan through and through.
“Here you go,” Sherri placed his drink in front of him and asked after Leigh and the kids.

Krisis told her they were all doing okay; the triplets were especially excited about school, Lily, not so much though.

Sherri said something in response to his announcement, Krisis didn’t quite catch it, he was more concerned with Cameron who looked gloomier by the minute.

“Do you want to get out of here?” Krisis yelled over the music.
Cameron didn’t answer his question. Instead he  growled at him harshly! “This is your fault! She left me. I did everything you said, I gave her all the space she needed and she still left me! I should never have listened to you!”

Krisis could have defended himself and argued his case, but he knew Cameron was looking for a fight; anything he said would just fuel his rage.
Sherri came over then to check if they were okay. The glum looks on their faces told her they were not, so she kept their drinks coming, and before long Krisis found himself right where he didn’t want to be, listening to Cameron spew his guts over Michaela.
The crowd on the dance floor thinned, and so did the noise, before long the club was empty and it was just the two of them, a handful of bouncers, Sherri and the girls from Blood Note.
“We should go,” Krisis interrupted Cameron’s tirade. As part owner of the club they wouldn’t dare kick him out, but it was late and everyone wanted to head home.

Cameron didn’t argue or resist when Krisis helped him from his seat and led him out of the club.
Any hopes of getting back to Leigh that night were shattered when they arrived at Cameron’s penthouse and found J.D. waiting.
“What the fuck happened? You were supposed to make her stay!” J.D. roughed Cameron up as soon as they jumped out of the car.
Drunk as he was, Cameron managed to throw the first punch and a scuffle broke out.
Krisis was tempted to sit it out and let them have a go at each other. But he knew come morning they’d all feel like shit over the fight.
He quickly pulled them apart before their battle could escalate. “Listen, let’s all go upstairs, we’ll have a few drinks and sleep it off and in the morning we can all decide how to bring Mickey home.”
Cameron was open to his suggestion, J.D. didn’t look so sure. But he shrugged his shoulders in defeat and followed them upstairs.
Krisis and JD were both stunned to find Cameron’s living room in a state.
“I was pissed, I didn’t know what else to do,” Cameron explained the mess as he walked into the room with a six-pack in his hand.
They huddled around the TV, nursing their beers. A very old Chuck Norris movie was on. All three hated Chuck Norris, but they couldn’t bring themselves to turn it off.

“I called David,” J.D. broke the strained silence.

“Ah!” Both Krisis and Cameron cried at once. J.D.’s shitty mood suddenly made sense. David was J.D.’s contact at the VIA. He’d been keeping them updated on the Clarkes’ investigation.

“What did he say?” Cameron asked.
“Nothing. Absolutely nothing. But I know they’re closing in on me, man!” J.D. hiccupped in his bottle. It was empty now, he desperately needed more, if only to numb himself and forget what’s coming.
As if he’d read his mind, Krisis went to the bar to mix them something stronger.
“We’ll fight this. Thornton, Zahara, hell I’ll speak to Charles if I have to,” Cameron sounded upbeat. And for a second both Krisis and J.D. were tempted to believe him, but they knew it wasn’t just up to the VIA…

Credits: Thanks Karima for Blood Note, they livened up The Black Room. 

Aeon, I'm in love with your poses . Thanks for sharing them.

16 comments:

  1. well I'm glad Cameron called Krisis knowing he was in a bad place instead of getting drunk and doing something he would regret later like sleeping with a groupie.

    Mickey has broken him. :( Did she try talking to Leigh about how she was feeling since she went through something similar? I know what happened was hard on her but is running and being away from those that love you really the answer?

    Although the adults in her life seem to be wrapped up in their own things when she needs them the most. JD still has the murder of Josh and his sister hanging over his head plus they are having a new baby.

    Krisis and Leigh are in their own world of sorts with Leigh going through her change.

    Like with the bloodlust she went through, there isn't anyone she feels she can turn to right now and that's a very sad thing. The one person that wants to be there for her, she's pushed away. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost died when I saw your comment. LOL. Just kidding.
      You bring up a lot of interesting points.

      First, yes, agreed on Cam, the last thing he needs right now is to sleep with a groupie, and I couldn't agree more about Michaela breaking him. But if she'd stayed she felt she would have broken him even more. I think people have different ways of coping, it might not seem right or logical to the rest of us, but to them it makes sense. Being away from Bridgeport, especially away from the people so close to the whole mess with Joshua makes sense to her.

      I don't emphasize time (my bad), but this is all happening roughly a week after AP, so no, she didn’t reach out to Leigh. They came back, Josh got murdered, Eloise got married, and Leigh was shot, and for three days she was unconscious going through her transformation. If only Mickey had waited and maybe reached out to Leigh.

      That's so true, it seems every time something happens in her life, they are all going through some personal crises. But in no way does it mean they don’t want to be there for her. If they didn't care or want to help her through her pain none of them would be broken up over her departure.

      J.D. and Krimsyn are in hot water, they are barely coping with the mess with Josh and the new baby, but there's nothing they wouldn't do for Mickey if she opened up to them.

      Yes, Krisis and Leigh are going through their own stuff, she's struggling with her transformation, but like Mickey's parents, there's nothing they wouldn't do for Mickey. It's just so unfortunate that Leigh's transformation, Josh's death, the trial hanging over J.D.s head and now Mickey's departure are all happening at the same time.

      As a parent there's only so much you can do. Mickey wanted to be treated like an adult, she wanted them to trust her to make her own judgments and choices and they're letting her do just that. Unfortunately, the choices she's making right now don't include them. Hopefully Cameron is mature enough to see through her pain, and realize her leaving isn't about hurting or breaking him, it’s about figuring herself out.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. They need to find Mickey and fast. Cam did all the right things but Mickey just needs to clear her head. JD should never have started on Cam but I understand he did it out of frustration. Josh was dealt with for a reason.

    Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cosign that 100%. They do need to find Mickey. And yes, Cam was a sweetheart and a darling, but Mickey does need to clear her head and work through her issues, and she feels being on her own is what she needs right now. LOL @ your thoughts on J.D. Definitely, he should never have started with Cam, but he was really letting off his own steam surrounding the murder investigation.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Oh, what to say....

    It sucks that Leigh feels like shit. I guess that's to be expected. I'm really worried that Krisis left her on her own. The housekeeper IS out of the house now, right? right? She started her time off and isn't in the house alone with Leigh and her kids? ummmm

    I chuckled morosely at poor Cam having to deal with those determined fan-girls. /sigh. I'm sorry. I just can't help but go all 'Adele Burch' in situations like that. Still, that's not what he needed. Yeah, right, Cam. Like you'd really punch them mhm. sure. (sarcasm hehe) Poor Krisis really had no idea what to say, but he did probably what Cameron needed anyway which was just be there.

    Oh. Shit. Then they get home and JD is waiting for them. Now all of a sudden, it's Cam that's the scapegoat. Then the whole bit about the fuzz closing in on JD about the hit. (didn't Cam orchestrate part of that too? maybe I missed something.)

    Great to have updates close together again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a second there I was worried I'd left you speechless. Lol!

      Yeah, she didn't expect it would take this long or be so hard to adjust, but she'll get there, she just needs to let her body adjust to the changes. If she hadn't fed from Krisis before he left, I'd be worried too, but since he took care of her hunger, Patty's safe for now. And no, at the time of this update, Patty's time off hadn't started yet.

      Lol, he sure wasn't feeling his fan girls. And nah, he doesn't need that right now, especially hours after Mickey left. I would have loved to see him punch them, but Krisis knows him too well, Cam's a lover, not a fighter.

      Krisis is socially awkward at times, and this was one of those times. He just doesn't know how to be sympathetic. And you're right, all Cam really wanted was someone to listen to him, and Krisis did that, so it's all good.

      I don't think it's so much as a scapegoat JD was looking for. He had his own issues, and Mickey leaving was just the perfect outlet for him to let off steam, sadly for Cam he was on the receivng end of his rage.

      No Cam wanted to, he did make a few calls, but JD's hitman got there first and took care of Joshua.

      I'm very happy you like the updates so close together.

      Thank you so much for reading and commenting, Brooke.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures Val!! They really portrayed every emotion in this chapter. I do secretly hope they get Mickey back but it's not in her best interest. She needs her time and space right now.
    Poor JD... he has a full plate right now! No wonder he seemed to be itching to jump on Cam.
    Great chapter as usual =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      *blushes* Thank You. I'm happy their emotions shone through in the pictures, sometimes it's hard to find the right pose to go with the writing, and I end up just winging it.

      Me too, I'd love for them to get Mickey back, just to ease Cam's heartbreak, but you're right, it's not in her best interest. They need to let her come home when she's ready.

      JD's a mess, and it doesn't look like things will turn around for him anytime soon. And yeah, jumping Cam was really about letting off his own frustration.

      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  5. Leigh still wearing her old glasses was cute. I'm worried though that it seems to be taking her longer than expected to adjust to the change. I hope it doesn't mean that something is wrong!

    It's good that Krisis got to the bar before Cam messed up and went with those fangirls. The last thing Mickey needs is to hear that he was with someone else while they were apart.

    I had to laugh at that fight between J.D. and Cam! Also when I saw what he did to his apartment!

    I don't think that Mickey will be gone long. She loves Cam and her family too much! I hope it won't take her long to regain her old spark! If Leigh weren't going through so much right now, Micheala would probably try to talk with her, like she did before.

    If their daughter had not also been killed, if it had only been Joshua, I wonder if the Clarkes would be pursuing who had him killed as strongly as they are now. Don't they know about the things that Joshua had done before he died? He hadn't changed! Maybe they don't know about it. Although some parents would still feel the same way now no matter what their child had done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies

      *big hug*

      I think her glasses are such a big part of her and with all these changes going on around her, shejust wants to hold on to something familiar, something that reminds her of a much simpler life.

      I agree, Cam and fan girls would have been disastrous. Not something Mickey would take very well if she ever found out.

      Cam, JD and Krisis are very close, even though they get on each other's nerves sometimes, they have each other's backs, and fighting is something they rarely do. Though I must say if Krisis hadn't broken up their brawl, it could have easily escalated, JD's still pissed at Cam for going after his daughter, one day they may just come to blows over that.

      I agree, she loves Cam, and she doesn't want to hurt him, but she's got nothing to give of herself right now, that's why she chose to go away. And I'm so very glad you understand where she's coming from. I'm like Mickey when it comes to this too, I also tend to withdraw.

      I think you hit the nail right on the head, if it was just Joshua, and they knew everything he's done to the Frosts, they wouldn't be pursuing the case so much. But since they lost Eli, and she was really an innocent by stander in all of this, they can't let it go.

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. For Leigh it kind of was a really bad time to be turned with all that is going on but I understand that it had to be done at the time though and I am sure she will adjust soon enough especially with Krisis around to help her.

    I'm worried about Mickey and Cam though for now! I miss Mickey, hopefully she won't be gone for too long!

    Also I loved the fight scene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon,

      Yeah, the timing was all wrong, but it was a matter of life and death, and Krisis couldn't risk losing her.

      I think you have every good reason to be worried for Mickey and Cam, they are not at a good place right now. Hopefully this is just a minor setback that they'll overcome. Only time will tell I guess,

      I think your poses made the fight scene.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. I'm gonna call this the SHIT chapter because of all the uses of the word shit lol. And then there's poor Cameron feeling like shit and J.D. finding himself neck deep in shit. MY POOR BABIES!!!! I just wanna hug them all.

    Wow! I never thought Krisis would ever be the level headed one while everyone else is freaking out. They've all evolved so much over the years that I feel like a proud mama, again I just wanna hug them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust you to think up some crazy stuff, but yeah, I should have titled this chapter "Shit" I just didn't realize how many times I've used it.

      True, Krisis has come a long way, and the others too, and I'm happy and honored you've been part of their evolution from the very beginning.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. Aw I just feel bad for everyone in this chapter! Leigh still adjusting to the change, I'm just happy she's alive and with her family though. Cameron dealing with Mickey leaving. And JD dealing with the consequences of having Joshua killed. Doesn't the VIA know he did a good thing? The guy had major issues. Hopefully JD and Krimsyn won't get in too much trouble..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cameron's in a bad state. At least he was not over the top though, or his punching the fans would have been all over the news. Poor guys, they are all in their own little trauma places.

    ReplyDelete