Warning: language, adult situations, nudity
Bridgeport, present day...
"Come
on, you have to see, mommy's awake." His son's excitement was contagious
and it was hard for Krisis not to get sucked in.
“Come
here, you monkey,” Krisis growled playfully as he scooped Kristian up and carried him
on his shoulders; it was an attempt on his part to shake off the residues of his troubling dream.
His
son squealed delightedly, screaming at him to put him down. “Daddy, I’m a big
boy, you know. Put me down!”
Of
course Krisis didn’t set him down, not until they’d reached his bedroom.
He
found Leigh sitting up on the bed. Her back was turned to him, and Ariel was
playing with her hair.
Lily
and Azalea were engaged in a fierce game of Rock Paper Scissors. From past
experience Krisis knew it was their way of deciding who should feed
Rags, the rescue dog he’d gotten for the triplets' birthday.
Sensing
him there, and hearing Kristian's excited chatter, Leigh turned and
fixed her eyes on him.
Krisis felt like he was free falling.She literally took his breath away. And for
a short spell he couldn't say anything, he was struck by the light radiating
from her, it was the same light she'd brought into his life, the same light
she'd passed on to their kids, the same light he could not have lived without.
“How
are you feeling?” Krisis asked from the door.
Leigh
smiled at him. “Alive. Stronger. Everything is so crystal clear, the colors
seem brighter, the sounds are louder too. I can hear Patty’s thoughts. And her heartbeat! Krisis, how is it even possible, she’s not even in this this room?”
Krisis
laughed at her question, feeling humbled by how happy she seemed. He’d worried
that she’d find everything too much, and she’d struggle with her
transformation. But she seemed okay, a
little flushed around the cheeks, but nothing to worry over, it could just be
from her excitement.
“And
I’m starving, Krisis!” Leigh added as she tried to get up, confirming just how
fine she felt.
But
not used to her new senses and her super quick reflexes she swayed on her feet
and almost collapsed.
"Slow
down speedy Gonzalez," he admonished her gently as he picked her up before
she could hit the floor.
He placed
her on the bed, drew the curtains and locked the door.
Without
saying a word, he slowly undressed her, trailing adoring kisses all over her
body.
Leigh
did the same to him, but he surprised her when he didn't take her there and then
even though she was ready with an all-new yearning for him.
Having fed from him on numerous occasions to reinforce their blood bond, her first feed as a vampire wasn't messy at all. But she was a little greedy, and Krisis had to pull back with a little more force.
"You’ve taken enough, Leigh," he murmured as he turned her onto her back and moved over her.
"You’ve taken enough, Leigh," he murmured as he turned her onto her back and moved over her.
This time when he gently nudged her legs apart and neither of them could suppress their carnal moans when he thrust into her hard.
For a minute, or two, they both didn't move, awestruck by the sheer pleasure of having their bodies joined.
Overwhelmed by her new senses, Leigh cried, she'd never experienced anything so deeply erotic and satisfying before.
"Did I hurt you?" Krisis whispered when he heard her cry, his voice was raw with need.
Leigh shook her head, she couldn't speak, a raging inferno burned hot deep in her centre, and she could swear she was coming undone as Krisis moved in and out of her in languid strokes.
She'd never felt anything like this before, their love making in the past was always intense, but nothing like this. All her senses were heightened to a ludicrous point, the slightest caress, the smallest of touches sent her into tiny spasms and she tried to keep up and prolong her climax for as long as she could, but the pressure was building up at an alarming speed, and she couldn't put it off any longer, she shuddered her release beneath him, Krisis joined her in their cloud of ecstasy moments later.
For a
long time, they lay in each other's arms, unable to move, both perplexed by
what had just happened.
Krisis
wanted to kick himself for behaving like an adolescent boy, jumping her the
first chance he got.
And
Leigh was terrified of all these new feelings he'd awakened in her, the hunger
she felt for him, the raw passion, and the profound adoration.
“What
are you thinking?” Krisis asked after some time had passed, and their breathing
had slowed to a normal pace.
“How
much I love you, and how much it scares me,” Leigh replied truthfully.
Krisis’
arms tightened around her as he drew her closer to him. He didn’t have to tell
her, she knew he felt just as strongly about her.
“Tell
me what happened,” Leigh nestled deeper into him, and his own body curved to
accommodate hers. He breathed in her hair, strawberries and wild flowers, his
second most favorite scent in the world only because Leigh wore it so well. His
first was her raw scent, especially at the peak of their love making, if he
could live on the high he got from it alone, he knew he would.
“There’s
nothing to tell, Leigh,” he whispered when he felt her tug at his arm.
“Yes
there’s a lot to tell. Three days ago I wasn’t a Vampire, Krisis, so please
fill in the blanks for me.”
Krisis
stiffened, and Leigh knew he was struggling to open up to her.
But
he surprised her when he spoke suddenly.
“You
got shot, and you lost a lot of blood. I
couldn’t risk losing you, so I turned you. J.D. took us to the hospital,
they stitched you up, and I brought you home to watch over your
transformation.”
Leigh
knew it wasn’t as simple as that, there was more he hadn’t shared with her, and
she wondered if he ever would. It made her sad, to know he was holding back.
“I’m
not holding back, Leigh,” Krisis answered her thoughts. But even as he said the words, he
could hear how untrue they sounded.
He
was holding back, he’d never tell how he’d died right along with her when he
watched the nurse look at her wrist watch and announce her time of death. He could never explain the overwhelming feelings of relief he’d felt when the machines beeped to life
not even a second later. The realization that she hadn’t really died, and she
was just going through the change had almost killed him as much as the notion
of losing her.
The
very thought of losing her kept him awake, but when he did manage to nap, all
his subconscious fears made themselves known through his disturbing dreams,
like the one he’d just awakened from a little while ago.
The
very thought of losing Leigh filled him with a helplessness he could never
explain to anyone, he couldn’t even articulate it to himself.
“Tell
me about everyone then, are they okay?”
Krisis
smiled, feeling grateful that she had chosen to change the subject; he really
didn’t want to dwell on his darkness…
Days later…
Bridgeport, Cameron’s place
Cameron knew they were in trouble the
moment she walked through his front door. For days now she’d been avoiding him,
ignoring his calls and sending him away whenever he went to see her. He
understood her need for space; he just wished she wouldn’t shut him out so much.
He tried to reach for her now and tuck
in her his arms, but he pulled back when he saw her recoil from his touch.
He held up his hands, and gave her all
the space she needed.
Michaela gave him a grateful smile. But
it didn’t reach her eyes; they remained a dull blue that he was still
struggling to get used to. He missed the light in her eyes, missed how bright
it used to shine. Her eyes had reminded him of sapphires glistening in the
sunset, but now…They looked cold, and dull, like cobalt stones.
Shit, he cursed inwardly, wondering why he was thinking about gems when his life was falling apart all around him. Funny thing the mind is, always coming up with the strangest of things to block out what it doesn’t want to process. That’s what his brain was doing now, fighting against the inevitable.
Michaela crossed the room and sat
down. He chose the glass door leading out to his patio, not because of the view
beyond, but it seemed like a safe distance, he didn’t trust himself not to take
her in his arms and comfort her, but he was aware of her need for personal space.
“Cam, I have to go,” she cut to the
chase, she was always so direct, he smiled, glad to see that there was
something at least that Joshua hadn’t managed to change.
“I’m sorry,” she added when he didn’t
say anything, misunderstanding his silence for anger.
But he wasn’t angry, he wasn’t even
shocked. He was devastated. But he couldn’t say he was surprised. He’d known it
was coming, Krisis had warned him it might happen; he’d gone through a similar
situation with Leigh.
But knowing and mentally preparing
himself for the day when it would finally happen didn’t lessen his pain or make
it bearable.
He was devastated, but he would never
tell her that, otherwise she might change her mind, and he knew she needed to
do this as much as he needed her.
For her to heal it had to be on her
terms. And as much as her terms would cripple him, her well-being came first;
he had to give her what she needed.
“Say something please,” Michaela
whispered tearfully, and he couldn’t bear to hear her cry, he immediately
wanted to rush up to her and hold her. But Joshua was there, standing between
them, even in death he still had a hold on Michaela.
“For how long?” He asked at last. He
was still turned away from her, staring blankly at the grey fog beyond the
pane. He didn’t want to look at her just yet, not until he’d forced back his
tears at least.
“I don’t know,” she replied.
Cameron didn’t say anything after
that. Instead, he went upstairs, leaving her sobbing on the couch. When he came
back down two minutes later, he had his guitar with him.
Wordlessly, he placed it beside her on
the couch and went back to his post at the door.
“I can’t take this,” she cried.
It was his only guitar, a
gift from his father when he discovered his love for music. But since he joined
K-Infinity, he’d hardly touched it, he spent all his time on the keyboard. He liked having it out in plain view though; it was a constant reminder of his
childhood and his best friend.
“Yes, you can,” Cameron insisted.
“But-It’s a piece of-” she started to
say what he’d always told her, that the guitar was a piece of his father that
no one could ever take from him.
“And now it’s a piece of me that no
one can ever take from you,” he gave her a small smile.
She nodded, and did something that
surprised them both. She closed the space between them and wrapped her arms
around him.
Cameron hesitated for a moment or two before he finally crushed her
tightly to his chest, sobbing in her hair. Her scent, a mix of The One by Dolce and Gabbana and her lilac scented shampoo, teased his nostrils. It was the best smell in the world, and for an indefinite period,
it wouldn’t be his to bask in. He wanted to savor it, savor this moment.
As quickly as she’d reached out to
him, she withdrew from their embrace and stepped back.
“I love you,” he told her just as she
turned to leave. He didn’t expect to hear her say the words back so he wasn’t
disappointed when she didn’t.
“I’ll be back,” It was the first
positive thing she’d said to him since she walked in, and he perked up at the
promise in her voice.
“And I’ll be here,” he told her
through his tears.
A minute passed, and then two as they
both stood there, staring at each other, silently wondering how things got so
messed up.
With a tearful sigh, Michaela picked
up his guitar and moved slowly towards the door, Cameron turned away from her; he
couldn’t bear to watch her leave.
He listened to her light footsteps fade
away, and he waited for a moment or maybe two before he broke down and let out a
heartbroken howl.
Michaela pressed her back firmly on
Cameron’s front door, crying right along with him. She knew she was hurting him
by leaving, but she couldn’t stay, not when all she had to give him was her
hurt…
But still, she wanted to go in there,
hold him and tell him she’d come back for him.
“Leave, you’ve hurt him enough for one
day,” she forced herself to walk away as she impatiently wiped away her tears…
Note: special thanks to Karima for her photo editing skills




































Crap!
ReplyDeleteCan't you give me a moment of Awww? Yes YOU!!!
I was fixing my mouth to awwww at K & Leigh and then I scrolled down!
She broke Cam! Sure, she feels it too, but she BROKE CAMERON!
Tell me why I'm your friend again Val? TELL ME why I keep sticking around? I don't get it! You torture me and still I'm here...
I need to get myself checked...
LOL @ JM.
DeleteSorry. I promise I'll give you an "Awww" moment in one of the updates. It might not necessarily be over Leigh and Krisis, but an "Awww" moment will come your way, just wait for it.
She didn't mean to, she doesn't want to, but she's as broken up over this as much as he is.
Maybe because you love me...or you love the way I torture you? Either way, I'm very happy you're still here, reading Krisis.
Thanks for your comment.
oh poor Cameron... I'm so sad for him. Michaela needs to do what she has to do to heal, so in the long run it's for the best. It's just going to be so hard on both of them.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the new Leigh!!! You can feel the love between Krisis and her... it's awesome!!!
I'm so glad this story is back!!! <3
Kelly,
Delete*hugs*
I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while, even though I see you on FB all the time.
Yeah, she broke his heart, but she's broken over her own issues. She needs to fix herself first before she can let him in again. It's going to be very hard on both of them.
LOL. Me too. I love her, she makes an adorable Vampire. And I'm so glad the love between her and Krisis still shines through after so many updates.
Me too, it was gathering dust in my dashboard, if I'd left it for longer it would have started collecting cobwebs.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
YAY, YOU'RE BACKKKKKK! (:
ReplyDeleteWow Leigh is shocking, just so pretty! I'm glad you found time to put this together because I don't know if I could have waited for this moment any longer.. However, I could have waited longer for Cameron and Michaela's encounter! What happened? Is she like in love with Josh now? But he's dead! Aww this is just so sad...
Btw love the new picture at the top of Krisis and Leigh!
*big hugs Kristen*
DeleteYes, I'm back and I'm so excited to be writing Krisis again.
IKR about Leigh? She surprised me too, as a Vamp. I don't like her ashy skin, but she makes an adorable vampire.
The Cam/Mickey encounter was bound to happen, and it's so unfortunate that it happened so early into the start of Volume 6. But I promise, it's not all doom and gloom. And no, Mickey's not in love with Joshua, but as her fledgling, she feels responsible for what happened to him, she still traces his behavior back to her own in Hollow Creek when she turned him. And she's still dealing with the attempted rape in Appaloosa Plains. What Cameron meant was that all the issues surrounding Joshua will always keep coming up, as long Michaela
doesn't confront them.
Thank you, I thought the blog needed a new banner now that Leigh's all vamped up.
Thanks so much for reading and commenting.
um wow ok sadness. I hope Mickey is going for help to talk to someone. She needs to because the more she buries it all away the more she is going to withdraw from everyone.
ReplyDeleteCam has been patient, waited, and tried to be there for her and even though it killed him, he let her go so that she could do what she needed to feel better about herself. But that was painful, so very very painful.
Krisis has forever with Leigh now at some point he needs to stop holding back on things. She is his partner in all things, he has to learn at some point that holding back to protect her or whatever his reasons will only make her angry. :(
Ah man, I can feel your sadness. *big hug*
DeleteShe's been there, done the shrink's couch, I don't think she'll be going back there again. But she'll try to get help in other ways, and now that Cameron's given her his guitar, who knows where that will take her.
I think what makes this all the more painful and sad to watch is how great Cameron's been throughout this whole ordeal. He's been the perfect partner, supportive, loving and generally wonderful. He tried to be there for her, but in the end it just didn't work out. She broke him, but hopefully when she's in a better frame of mind, they can come back from it.
That's so true, he does have a tendency to hold back on her, and now that she's a vampire he'll have a difficult time keeping stuff from her. This time around it wasn't so much as protecting her, but more like not knowing how to open up about his fears. He hates feeling vulnerable, and he feels Leigh shouldn't have to see him feeling that way.
Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Jaz.
Krisis and Leigh all I can say is how sweet.
ReplyDeleteNow then Cam and Mickey......She needs to get through this. What she went through was horrifying and terrible but she needs to let Cam know that when she is ready it's him she wants. She should talk to someone but if she refuses it could destroy their relationship down the line.
Aw, everyone seems to be "awwwing" at Leigh and Krisis.
DeleteAnd you're right, she does need to get through this and I couldn't agree more abt her letting Cameron know it's him she wants. She will, when she's in a better frame of mind.
As for talking to someone, I don't see her jumping up and down a shrink's couch anytime soon. She tried therapy before, it helped to some extent. This time around she's taking matters in to her own hands.
Thanks for reading and for your comment.
So not a Michaela fan right now. I guess I just don't understand her. If it were me, I'd want to stay closer to the ones I love, not push them away. This tells me she doesn't trust him. Not that I blame her for not trusting anyone. What she went through was terrible. I worry that if she stays away too long that she'll lose herself as well as him. ... oh, not saying that he'd cheat on her or anything, but she could change for the worse and not be herself -- the one he loves.
ReplyDeleteThat, and she hurt Cam. Never good in my book!!! :P
Okay, well, got that out of my system!
So so so so so happy for Leigh and Krisis. Everything seems to be coming together, even if he doesn't want to share with her (which we all know why he should) what he went through. I guess he just doesn't want to relive it just now. It's bound to come out sooner or later.
I hear you. The thing is though she's not pushing her loved ones away, she's trying to figure herself out the only way she can right now. She loves Cameron, but what she's been through over the past few months, all that hurt and pain, overpowers her feelings for him. Staying will only make things worse between them because she can't figure out a way to let him. Like she said, she can't stay with Cameron when the only thing she has to give him is her hurt. They may or may not survive this separation, and I think it's the first real test on their relationship.
DeleteI'm glad you got that out of your system, bottling things up is never a good idea.
Krisis and Leigh are all good. And yeah, almost losing Leigh is still too fresh for him. Maybe someday he'll open up.
Thanks for reading and for your feedback.
Loved the title of this update and haha look at little Krisis, he looks just like his dad! It looks like Leigh and Krisis are inseparable! She seems to have taken to the transformation well so far and I guess she'll have a lot of help from all of her Vampy friends should something come up!
ReplyDeleteI hope that Mickey and Cam make it through what looks to be a tough stretch between them.
It is great to see this back either way!
LOL, yeah, you caught the reference to CBreezy's song. I love that song, and I thought it's perfect for Michaela and Cameron.
DeleteYeah, little Krisis is such a clone of big Krisis, the resemblence gets scarier when he ages to teen and YA.
So far so good with Leigh, but I think it's a long term adjustment, she's not gonna get it on the first try. She def has seasoned Vampires she can count on though should she run into trouble.
I hope so too. It doesn't look good for them though.
It's great to be back writing Krisis. And thanks for still being around, reading it and supporting me. I appreciate it.
Oh, Val, I have tears in my eyes. You know how to grab my heart! Krisis and Leigh's reunion was just beautiful! The way you wrote it was beautiful. They are so bonded together in every way. I can understand why he didn't want to tell her everything about that day when he turned her. His feelings are just so deep and hard to express. I'm so glad that she is okay. I can't imagine Krisis without her!
ReplyDeleteLeigh is a gorgeous vampire! I think she's even more beautiful now!
Tears in my eyes again with Cam and Mickey. You made me feel their emotions. People react to things in different ways. I know that when I'm going through hard times, I withdraw too. So, even though it's hurting her and Cam, I understand what Mickey is doing. She doesn't have anything of herself to give right now. She has to get strong again. Until she is strong again, she doesn't want to take from others. Even if it's people who love her. I hope that made sense! Sometimes it's hard to say what I mean.
I'm so glad that Cam had talked with Krisis and knew what to expect. Even though it didn't make it any easier for either of them. I hope it won't be too long before Mickey heals!
I loved it, Val! Your writing grabs my emotions! Sorry about writing a mini book comment.
Daisies,
DeleteIt's so great to see a comment from you.
I'm sorry for the tears, I didn't mean to.
Yes, they have a very strong bond, more so now that Krisis has turned her, he's not only her husband, mate and lover, he's her Sire too, so nothing will ever break the profound adoration they feel for one another.
Krisis still has difficulty communicating his feelings, and you're right, his emotions about that day run too deep he just doesn't know how to explain it to Leigh.
God forbid, but it something were to happen I don't think one could exist without the other.
Lol, yeah, I think so too, about Leigh as a vamp. She really surprised me.
Oh man, if you keep this up I'll run out of tissues. I think Cam and Mickey's scene was one of the hardest chapters I've ever had to write in Krisis. I think I'm like you and Mickey in that regard, I tend to withdraw too. And I couldn't have said it better myself, about why she's leaving, you put it perfectly and in less words too,
Cam had a lot of preparation and a lot of support from Krisis but it still hurt, it probably will for a long time to come.
I'm very, very happy you loved it. And thanks so much for your kind words and support. And no worries about the mini book, I enjoyed hearing your thoughts on the update.
Again, thanks for reading and commenting.
I'm so happy for Krisis and Leigh, but so sad for Cam and Micaela. It was very touching that he gave her his guitar, that means a lot. I do hope she goes back to him soon...
ReplyDeleteYes, the guitar means a lot to Cam, it seemed fitting that he should give it to her, so she'd always have a part of him with her.
DeleteThanks for reading!
First of all, that banner is awesome.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, Yay! Krisis and Leigh are just as cute as ever. I'm excited for the drama that this season is going to bring and to see how Leigh handles being a vampire.
Thirdly, Cam needs me to hold him. I miss the old kick-ass Micky as much as he does, I hope she gets over the whole mess soon. I can't wait to see where she's going and how she'll make her comeback!!!
Woooohoooo! I have a feeling this season is going to rock.
Yay, thanks! You're awesome for thinking it's awesome!
DeleteYep, Krisis and Leigh are still keeping the flames burning, this volume is really a wrap up, not sure how much drama I can pack into it, but yeah, there'll be an occasional ripple here and there. So far Leigh's not handling the transformation well, but she'll get there.
I think he'd love that, since Mickey left, he's been feeling neglected. It will take time for her to feel A-Okay again, but she'll get there.
I hope I don't disappoint!
Happiness and sadness. My emotions were in upheaval for the entire story.
ReplyDelete