200. Now I'm Done

Warning: language, blood, violence

Bridgeport, present day...
Beau was already waiting outside The Grind when Krisis arrived. He laughed bitterly when he remembered the last time they met there and how that talk had ended. He wouldn’t be surprised if this meeting went pear shaped too, he was prepared for it, that’s why he’d brought his Glock. Leigh didn’t like having a gun in the house, but it was a necessary evil. Since her accident he didn’t want to leave anything to chance.

“Krisis,” Beau raised his hand in a halfhearted wave.

Krisis merely nodded.
Beau closed the space between them in three short strides. He held out his hand for a handshake. Krisis didn’t take it. He wasn’t about to be friendly with the man just because he felt a bit of gratitude.

“What’s this about?” He demanded as he rested his heel on his bike.

“I wanted to thank you in person for what you did,” Beau replied. “You saved my boy’s life!”

“A phone call would have sufficed.”

“Yes. I know. But there are things you should know,” Beau continued.
“I don’t need to know shit from you-” Krisis barked, but before he could say more Beau cut in.

“This is as hard for me as it is for you. But with Bianca and Vlad doing so well I feel like I have a second chance and I want to start on a clean slate, but I can’t until I’ve confessed all my sins!”

“And what a long list that is!” Krisis retorted.
Though he didn’t want to, he found himself paying attention to his former band mate and he went through every emotion imaginable, from hate to anger to disbelief and back to rage when Beau admitted to ordering the hit on Leigh.
Every part of his being screamed at him to kill Beau, kill him now while he still had a chance, and end his pitiful existence. But he couldn’t bring himself to pull out his gun. Instead, in a surprisingly steady voice, he asked “Who was the driver?”

Beau shook his head. He couldn’t tell him. He’d promised Joshua and Carmen he wouldn’t rat them out, and he intended to keep his promise.
And that just pissed Krisis off.  Beau’s refusal, especially when he was begging for forgiveness and talking about clean slates, felt like a big ‘fuck you’ in the face and he jumped for him, the gun on his back forgotten.
Beau fought back. As an ancient vampire he was quicker and stronger than Krisis. For a long time he had the upper hand as they wrestled on the ground, punching and kicking at each other.
But Krisis had a lot of bottled up rage in him and he soon regained his footing and he went at Beau with everything he had in him.
“I should have let your bitch die!” He coughed as he got up from the ground.
His left eye was almost swollen shut, and a thick trail of blood snaked its way down his nose. Every part of his body hurt and screamed at him to walk away while he still had his life intact. But this was one fight he wasn’t going to walk away from, he’d waited a very long time for this confrontation, he’d die fighting.
As he wiped his nose with an impatient hand, he suddenly remembered the gun on his back. He pulled it out and pointed it straight at Beau, who was miraculously still on the ground, panting for air.
“And I should have killed Leigh when I had a chance!” Beau snorted when he opened his eyes and saw the gun, blood and spit dripped from his mouth. He was also armed; his weapon of choice was a knife similar to the one he’d used on Jacqueline, and it was hidden in his pants’ leg. But with Krisis’ gun firmly fixed on him, he couldn’t reach for it.
Krisis saw red at his statement, and without thinking, he shot him on his right knee when he tried to get up.
“Son of a bitch!” Beau’s pained growl when he fell back was loud enough to wake the dead. Luckily for Krisis, the strip of abandoned warehouses was deserted, there were no witnesses, no good Samaritans to stop their battle.
“Who was the driver?” Krisis raged again as he circled the man he once called a friend.

“I can’t tell you man, but I promise you on my son’s life, I’ll never hurt Leigh again, I’ll never hurt your family. I’m done with you- I-ugh-fuck!” Beau roared again as he rocked back and forth on the ground, clutching his damaged knee.

“But I’m not done with you!” Krisis murmured as he stared at the pool of blood forming around Beau’s leg, he couldn’t believe how quickly he was bleeding out.
“Please help me,” Beau begged.

Krisis ignored his pleas. He raised the gun again and scraped Beau on the shoulder this time. “That was for Lily you son of a bitch. For taking her mother from her.”

“I did you a favor with that bitch!” Beau groaned weakly, his face contorted with pain.
“And this is for Leigh,” Krisis fired at Beau’s outstretched hand; the bullet nailed his palm to the ground.
“Now I’m done!” Krisis added as he jumped on his bike…

_______

Note: Thank you to everyone who's been a part of Krisis from the very first chapter. I never planned on making it to 200 chapters, but now that we're here, what the heck, let me raise my glass to you and the characters of Krisis. Thank you for all your support and feedback.

And a special thanks to Fae for the gun poses. You made Krisis look bad-ass!

21 comments:

  1. wow, I have to say I'm a little speechless. Um yeah Krisis is turning or has turned into sorta of a angry crazed man on a mission. He's killed Beau but sadly the real threat is still out there! Carmen and Josh won't quit. They are single minded in their determination to get what they feel is theirs. That makes them way more dangerous than Beau ever was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if Krisis was on a mission to kill Beau he would have right from the start no questions asked, and he would have aimed for his head or his heart. But I hear you about Joshua and Carmen, they are certainly more dangerous than Beau since they are much more unstable. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Beau had this coming :) I'm glad Krisis got all his rage out. Is Beau dead part of me thinks finally but the other part is hope you learn from this and change.

    Josh and Carmen are now two lose cannons.

    Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I think so too, he def had this coming. No, Krisis didn't kill him, but he was barely hanging on. I wouldn't worry so much about Beau though, he's an ancient vampire which means he'll heal pretty quickly assuming he does get medical attention.

      My thoughts exactly on Josh and Carmen.

      I'm glad. Thanks for reaading.

      Delete
  3. wow! My thoughts are what will Leigh say when she sees Krisis wounds. Will she asks questions and if so, would Krisis tell all and what would Leigh react to when she knows the truth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah,

      The way the rest of the season is structured Leigh doesn't become the focus right until the last fwo chapters. Sadly we'll never know how she would have reacted. But i'd like to think that she would have questioned him, and found his actions somewhat unsettlng, she was never one for violence no matter what the reason. Thanks for your comment,

      Delete
  4. Well done Val. I loved the end of the 200 chapter. I will miss your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. It's not going anywhere, not for a few more updates at least, so you don't have to miss it just yet.

      Delete
  5. Whoa. Easy there, Krisis. *backs away slowly*

    He DID look badass! Still, I believe Beau IS going for a second chance.. or third chance... well, another chance. Still he shoulda told Krisis who the other two are!!! You can't come clean if you still have spots... or something like that lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO, for some reason I thought of Thornton when I read the first part of your comment, it sounded like something he would say to his son.

      IKR! It's those poses I tell you. Mhh, the next few updates will show us if he truly is going for a second chance or a third. And you're right, you can't expect to be forgiven when you haven't told the whole truth.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I can't say Beau didn't have it coming, but wow!
    This scene was just so awesome, I loved the tension between the two vampires. And the pictures are just knock me down amazing!
    Krisis was justifiably enraged at Beau, but he might regret this later, if Beau were still alive he might have eventually given him the information he needed, if not intentionally then by leading Krisis to Carmen and Josh somehow. Instead, those two are now free to make their own plans, without Beau there to hold them back and wait for the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,

      *blushes* Thank you. I think this chapter is my favorite, visually that is. I like the way the screens turned out.

      Agreed on Beau, he def had it coming, and you're right Krisis will regret it if Beau dies, not only because he won't have any possible leads to go on but also the Council will be all over him.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Krisis' temper revisited. He really is not a man to be taken lightly, especially so about his family. I wished Beau would have spilled some little hint, I am not looking forward to Carmen and Josh's efforts to satisfy their twisted indulgences.

    The scene was so powerful and dynamic. You use the pictures in such a way, they tell a story without words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fae,

      Yes, his temper shows its ugly head again. It's been a while since we've seen it though, settling down has made him complacent. But for sure he's not a man to be messed with, especially where Leigh and his kids are concerned. I understand about Beau, it would have made things a lot easier on Krisis if he'd just told him what he wanted to hear, but on the other hand Beau made a promise to Carmen and Josh, and his word counts for something.

      Thank you so much for all your feedback and poses.

      Delete
  8. Dutchy,

    Yay, you're all caught up again. Thank you.

    Yes, Leigh wouldn't agree at all with his actions. And it was Krisis who said that, and he meant every word of it. Agreed on Beau, that's not the way to go about fixing things, he has to be completely honest if he wants forgiveness. Shooting him in the heart and staking his ass would mean he wanted to kill him, and that's the last thing he wants right now, to have the council all over his ass.

    Thanks for reading and for catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love chapters like this. I guess "Sorry" wasn't going to work for Beau heh. It's too bad though that Beau seems sane compared to his two minions, and thus far no one seems to have caught on to those two.

    great pictures and also congrats on 200 chapters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon,

      LMAO, no, def sorry wasn;t going to work for Beau. True, he is the saner one of the three, and with him gone, the other two might be hard to keep their impulses in check.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  10. Conflicted on this one. I know Krisis is angry but Beau was coming clean, just a little confused about his behavior and some of the things he said....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edenz,

      Beau was coming clean, but not completely. If I knew who'd behaviour is confusing you I could try and clear it up for you.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on 200 chapters! Wow! It doesn't seem like it's been that many!

    In the beginning of the chapter, I wanted to tell Krisis hush and listen, but I understood his anger. I hate to admit it, but I'm glad he whupped Beau's butt!!! For Vlad's sake though, I hope that Beau doesn't die.

    Beau did not tell Krisis enough! I would have been furious just like Krisis!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daisies,

    Thanks. I'm so scared of getting to 300. I'll probably change the title of the story just so I don't get to 300.

    Yeah, once in a while brutish behavior is needed. Krisis had to get it all off his chest.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete