174. Mr. and Mrs. Frost

Warning: adult situations

Bridgeport, present day...
They made it back to Bridgeport just after midnight. Krisis helped Leigh off the bike, and without warning he scooped her up in his arms and sprinted towards the house.

Leigh giggled liked a schoolgirl the whole time. “Stop, put me down, I can walk you know.” She liked it when he carried her, loved it even more when he ran with her in his arms, it always felt like she was flying.

“I know you can, but I’m a traditional guy, and tradition says I have to carry you over the threshold.” Krisis gave her a wicked smile.
In their dimly lit dining room, with the fire roaring in the fireplace, he gently set her down and held her tightly to him. Feelings of relief and gratitude washed over him; with God’s grace and the help of everyone who loved them, they’d pulled off the impossible and defied all odds.
For a long time he couldn’t speak as he gazed into her eyes and played with the ring on her finger, it still hadn’t sunk in yet, that she was officially his wife and she had chosen to spend eternity with him. He still couldn’t believe how lucky he was, that with all his shit, all his screw-ups, Leigh loved him unconditionally; he was in awe of the light she’d brought into his life.
“Krisis,” the question, or the plea in her voice as she tied up her long hair, preparing to go freshen up, was his unraveling. A deep, feral like sound escaped his throat just as he claimed her lips in a volcanic kiss.
He didn’t have to say anything, Leigh felt his emotions in every caress, every touch, and in every flick of their tongues as they hungrily took what they needed.
She felt just as strongly about him.

 As he slowly and deliberately explored every inch of her body, Leigh came alive in his arms, his kisses were hot and intoxicating, his caresses gentle and passionate.

“I need you,” she begged him when she couldn’t take any more of his teasing.
His aroma, an infusion of sweat, lust and his cologne, sent her to the edge of ecstasy, Leigh found herself arching her back, and lifting her hips upwards, pressing closer to him.
When he finally entered her warmth and joined their bodies, consummating their marriage, Leigh wept with joy for all that she had, and all the things she’d still have with him, it was a beautiful moment, as beautiful as the first time they made love.
As they moved in a sensual dance, the glowing embers from the fire flickering on their sweat glistening bodies, Leigh couldn’t help thinking Ariel had to be wrong, there was no way something so beautiful, so tender, so magical, something they’d worked so hard to secure would go up in flames.

“It won’t,” Krisis promised her as kissed the tears from her eyes…
______

“Morning,” Leigh smiled when she opened her eyes and found her husband staring at her.

She reached up and touched his face, making sure it wasn’t a dream and that they were finally married, and they’d consummated their marriage in ways she hadn’t known were possible till last night. Her body screaming out in protest as she shifted her weight on the floor told her it wasn’t a dream all right. He’d thoroughly ravished her, and judging by the hooded, stormy look in his eyes, he was about to. Again.
“I’m hungry,” Krisis growled as he moved over her. His throbbing desire excited her, but not as much the sensation of his lips grazing her neck.

She held her breath, anticipating his fangs. But just when she thought he was about to strike, he gently nudged her legs apart and slowly entered her centre; leaving her surprised and a little bewildered.

Like last night, Krisis was thorough as he took her pleasure to new heights; each kiss, each languid thrust sent blissful ripples soaring through her body. Leigh thought getting married must have awakened some sex demon in him; he was insatiable, but she wasn’t complaining, she loved every bit of his hunger.
When she gave in to the intense wave of fulfillment at last, writhing and undulating beneath him, Krisis couldn’t hold back either, he finally did what he’d wanted to do since she became his mate legally, he greedily took his first fill of her blood as her husband, reaffirming his complete dependence and utter devotion to her, from here on she was the only person he’d ever feed from, not that he’d fed from anyone else since he met her. But she was the only person he could rely on to keep him alive...
Later, with both of them satiated and thoroughly exhausted, Leigh finally opened up about her parents.

Krisis knew how hard and painful it was for her to talk about her past, he could hear it in her voice, and feel it in the way she shook in his arms. And he tried to get her to stop, if it was so painful, he didn’t want her to relive it, and he didn’t want to open those wounds for her again.

But Leigh pressed on. She was ready for him to know the truth; she didn’t want any more secrets between them. She’d hated keeping something so huge from him. Before Ariel’s vision, it was the only dark cloud in their relationship, and she could always feel it, hovering over them, threatening to destroy the fragile trust they’d built. She was tired of having it there, looming over her head.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I was ashamed and afraid you’d think I was damaged somehow and you’d stop loving me,” she mumbled tearfully on his chest.

“There’s nothing in this world that can make me stop loving you. Nothing,” he kissed her forehead…
They would have preferred to spend the whole day in bed, making love, but their responsibilities wouldn’t suddenly vanish just because they’d tied the knot, they had to pick up the kids from the penthouse, and run errands.

After a quick shower and an equally quick breakfast, they set out for Krimsyn and J.D.’s place, but they stopped at Eternal Rest Cemetery first.

They lit a candle and placed two white roses on Leigh’s mom’s grave.
As Krisis listened to Leigh talk to her mom and tell her about him, the kids, Eloise and Devon, her new extended family and finally the wedding, he couldn’t help but fall in love with her all over again, she was strong and brave and because of her, he wanted to be a better person, she’d given his life so much meaning.

“I wish you were there, mom. Everyone said I looked like a princess,” Leigh mumbled as she got up brushed away her tears.

“She was,” Krisis assured her as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.
He felt her stiffen when he nudged her towards her father’s grave on the far end of the cemetery. She and Devon had thought burying their parents as far away from each other as possible would finally give their mother peace.

 “I don’t know what to say,” Leigh stared forlornly at her father’s grave, before today she’d never visited this side of the cemetery.

“You have to find closure, Leigh,” Krisis squeezed her hand and turned to leave.
For a long time Leigh just stood there, but then the truth in Krisis’ words hit her, about finding closure, she owed it to herself.
“I forgive you dad, and I don’t hate you. I just feel sorry for you, you had a good wife, and two kids who adored you but you were so caught up in your hate you completely missed what was important.  When my son grows up, I hope he becomes the man that you never were; I’ll pray he doesn’t lose sight of what’s important,” Leigh whispered at last.
Krisis, who was now sitting on the bench under the shady tree, listening to Leigh, had a huge lump in his throat.  He didn’t know it, but her words would come back to haunt him weeks later, in his darkest of hours.

32 comments:

  1. *died* (*_*)

    I am speechless. Beautiful, beautiful pictures, beautiful words, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fae,

      *blushes* I hope it was a good death.

      Thanks you for the compliment on the shots and the words.

      Delete
  2. what is there to say??? That was sweet and beautiful and all around wonderfully touching.

    Well other than that ominous last line :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ the your last line. It was ominous indeed. Thanks for reading, Jazen.

      Delete
  3. It was a good chapter. I did like the ending about visiting her mum. Personally a father like that, I think I would have walked away but still understand why she said to him. Krisis and Leigh are so right for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lckygrl,

      Thanks! It was thoughtful of Krisis to take her to see her mom. I'm with you on that, and I'm not saying it's right, but some women have their reasons for staying in abusive relationships. I'd like to think I wouldn't though, especially when there are kids involved. I think so too, about Krisis and Leigh. She's meant for him.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Auuww, they're really married... Yes, I know, I just had to say it out loud again...
    Wow, talk about emotion-filled. I have a lump in my throat too...
    Another great one Val!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that last sentence! Why do I get a bad feeling from it!
    What do you have in store for us Val!!!
    Loved it when Krisis fell in love with her all over again. I loved the vulnerability you showed in this chapter of both of them. My heart almost broke when Leigh said, they said I looked like a princess. You can hear the little girl in her voice. Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dutchy,

      You'll find out soon enough *evil grin*

      Thank you, I'm glad their vulnerability showed through for you. I agree, in some ways Leigh still carries the fragile little girl from her past with her.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. Wow...this chapter was so touching. And how will Leigh's words come back to bite Krisis? I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in due time Pixx, all in due time. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. That was a lovely emotional chapter... :') And steamy~! hehehe... I laike...

    Your writing is always so BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, breath taking, the description, just the way you worded everything Val! I was really getting all emotional, those two are so in love and so perfectly perfect for each other...

    I love that they went to her mums grave and told her all about the wedding and everything. It was pretty touching to see that. And it's so good that leigh found closure about her dad, what she said was so true, and I was immidiately like NO CHILD OF THEIRS COULD BE THAT WAY.

    And Val... Why would you END IT WITH THAT?!?!?!?! >:I now im worried! WE'RE ALL DOOOOOOOMED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eni,

      *big hug*

      LOL @ "steamy". yep, they still have it in them even though they've been together for long enough I guess.

      Wow, thank you, coming from you that's a high compliment about my writing, I appreciate the sentiment. I think you're right, they are perfect for each other.

      Leigh needed the closure, she'd been carrying all that stuff for a very long time, it was about time she put it to rest. And about time for me to close that storyline too. I'm glad you found that scene touching, it was a pivotal moment I think in this story arc. I hope you're right about their children not turning out to be like Leigh's dad.

      LOL. It's not me, it's Ariel. She's convinced it's coming.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. HI ! Im sorry i was MIA befor but i had term exam and could merely squeeze in a ch or two each day!
    The wedding was absolutely beautiful. She looked breathtaking and the whole moral struggle in Krysis mind about what she wanted and what she could have right then was a insignificant thought, it was perfect. The intimate chapel, the borrowed jewels and the honeymoon oh god! So hot and passionate !
    The (i dont remember the english word so ill say cementerio) scene was very emotional and heartwarming. The way in which she gave up all she had left to krysis and gave herself a closure was beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GirlyGirl,

      *huge hug*

      I was wondering about you, and I was starting to think I'll have to send someone to come find you. I hope you aced your exams!

      Thank you. I agree on Leigh, I thought she made a beautiful bride too. And yes, I had to bring some sexy back to Krisis, I needed to show the emotional bond they share, and Krisis not being so verbal could only show it through his actions.

      I'm glad you found the cemetery scene touching, Leigh needed the release and Krisis made her see that.

      Thanks so much for returning to Krisis and for reading and all your feedback.

      Don't be a stranger!

      Delete
  9. I agree with Zhippidy! So beautiful and wonderfully written. These last two chapters are what we've all been wanting since they first fell in love! You did a wonderful job, Val!

    Once again I have to say that I hope that Arial's vision was wrong! I don't think that Krisis would be able to make it without Leigh.

    That last part about Leigh's words coming back to haunt Krisis have me worried!

    Loved it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisies,

      *blushes* Thank you, that means a lot to me.

      You're right, with his feelings for Leigh running so deeply I don't think he'd survive her death, he might do something radical.

      Thank you so much for all your feedback, I really do enjoy hearing your thoughts on the story.

      Delete
  10. Hmmm, ahhh well...I'd say that was a good way to celebrate their marriage! That last sentence though, so ominous, foreboding...and 'darkest hours' oooh I wonder what is ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh oh i get an awful sense of dread from that last line, but damn i wish i was Mrs Frost (is that a little wrong?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO at you wishing you were Mrs. Frost. I don't know about wrong, but Leigh is certainly a fulfilled girl!

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful, Val! The shots in this one were amazing, and I'm happy that Leigh finally opened up to Krisis about her parents and found closure with them. Can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cadence,

      Thank you, I wanted to capture their connection and what each means to the other. I'm glad you think the shots were amazing. Yes, it was a long time coming about her parents. She's laid that part of her past to rest now, finally. Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete
  13. Everything was perfect, emotional, raw. Everything they each were they gave to the other, even i was content....until i read that her words would come back to haunt him, now i'm worried....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Eden,

      Thanks, I'm thrilled you think everything was perfect. And sorry to worry you. But such is the life in Krisis.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  14. ~ I loved it, the pictures alone,tell the beauty of their love,but the words sing a lovely love song, the last two chapters have made me cry with happiness,(it does not matter how many times I have read it,it affects me so,it sings to my heart!) I am probably not making much sense,but I have tried to write a responses to the last two chapters & they just make me cry all over again!It's the Romantic in me!
    ~ This has been a long time coming, the joining of these two, now lets just hope it stays that way!
    ~ I loved it Val,but then you know that already!More,when you can,I know you have been flat out!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      *blushes* Thanks for the shining compliment on the pictures and the writing. LOL, you are such a big baby, still crying after reading it so many time? LMAO.
      -Agreed, it has been a long time coming. Leigh and Krisis would love for things to stay perfect, but Ariel thinks otherwise.
      -Yeah, I've been feeling drained lately.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  15. these last two chapters were so emotional!! I'm still sniffling here =] Beautiful as always!! I am just so happy they tied the knot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      Them tying the knot was a long time coming. I'm glad to have that out of the way. Thank you so much for all your feedback.

      Delete
  16. Something tells me those "clouds" Leigh noticed on the way to sunset valley were indeed a sign... Great chapter Val, let's hope they have the strength to overcome what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QK,

      I think you're right about the clouds being an omen, there's a lot ahead, they'll have to stay strong for each other.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete