Warning: coarse language, adult situations
Bridgeport, present day...
“Ignore it,” Michaela murmured as she straddled him.
They were supposed to be watching a movie. Some chick flick Maddie had loaned her, but they’d forgotten all about it as soon as they cuddled on the couch.
Things between them were getting dangerously hot. Michaela was no longer satisfied with chaste kisses and passionate embraces here and there. She wanted to be kissed, thoroughly, and to be made out with. And more.
Cameron couldn’t wait for her birthday party this coming weekend; he’d promised her he’d have his way with her. Not the whole way obviously, but kiss her with wild abandon like she’d been begging him for weeks. But until then they both just had to be content with light kisses and snuggling on the couch. But Lord she wasn’t making things easy on him.
“I have to get it. It must be important, they’ve been out there for ten minutes now,” he replied, referring to his visitor.
“Ugh. Fine! Just a few days Cameron. A few days and you’ll be mine,” Michaela smiled smugly as she left his lap.
Cameron couldn’t hide his own smile; he liked the sound of her threat very much. “I can’t wait,” he murmured, planting a light kiss on her lips.
Without warning, Michaela stuck out her tongue and trailed it on his lips. Being the weak red blooded man that he was, he was putty in her hands all over again. Before long he had her in his arms and he was pressing her body close to his.
“Shit. What are you doing to me?” He whispered on her neck. He couldn't tear himself away from her.
“The same thing you do to me. We have to tell them Cam . I can’t do this anymore. I’m in love with you. I want everyone to know. And I want you to stop treating me like some fragile egg. I won’t break if you touch me. I won’t crumble if you kiss me.” She moaned feverishly, holding him firmly to her.
“I know. We will. Just a few days.” He reminded her.
“Fine.” She gently pushed him away and sat up.
“I love you,” Cameron reminded her as he went to get the door.
Alone, Michaela squealed and did a happy dance around the room. She felt so damn giddy with love and excitement. She couldn’t believe Cameron loved her back, couldn’t believe he’d actually said those three words to her. It was crazy and insane and scary but it was the best feeling in the world, loving Cameron, and being loved by him.
At the door Cameron’s mood changed. Very quickly.
“What are you doing here?” He snarled at his visitors.
“That’s not the way to greet family Cameron,” Zahara admonished him as she tried kiss him on the cheek. Cameron pulled away before she could.
His eyes rested on his brother and he smiled a little when he realized some things never change.
Charles looked as pristine and pompous as ever in his white Armani outfit, his blond hair was perfectly styled and held in place by copious amounts of the styling gel he loved so much, and oh his blue eyes could they get any bluer?
Cameron snorted when he realized the old feelings of resentment were still there, simmering just underneath his forced calmness. Charles was always Zahara’s blue eyed boy, the angel, the perfect one who could do no wrong. She’d groomed him from an early age to be her clone and follow in her political footsteps, Cameron was sad to see she’d succeeded. His brother looked and dressed like the bunch of crooks in the Vampire council, he even reeked of their hypocrisy and corruption too.
“Can we come in?” Charles asked. But it wasn’t a question, if his brother wanted to come in Cameron knew he would. From as long as he could remember, Charles had always been bossy and forceful, insisting it came with the territory of being the older brother.
“No. You can’t. I’m in the middle of something,” he told them truthfully. He was in the middle of a makeout session with his 'soon to be legal' girlfriend.
“I’m the head of the Vampire Council. You can’t deny me entry. Show some respect!” Zahara spat.
“And you’re also my mother. The whole Vampire community may bow to you, but I won’t. I told you I don’t ever want to see you again. Both of you!” Cameron retorted angrily.
“Sweetheart, don’t you think this business has gone on long enough? We did you a favor,” Zahara ignored his angry tone; she knelt down to place Philly on the floor.
Cameron noticed the Chihuahua for the first time since he laid his eyes on his mother and brother. The small dog ran around the hallway a few times, howling like a banshee, before settling at his feet.
Philly looked up and barked at him. Cameron barked back and sent her scurrying in the corner. He didn’t like the both of them, the dog and his mom.
He didn’t realize how much he missed his father until then. Charles Walters VII, the man his brother was named after, was the only person in their dysfunctional family who’d understood him.
While his brother was always Zahara’s favorite, Cameron was much closer to their father and he took his death harder than everyone; he was gunned down outside Wilsonoff Community Theater in Sunset Valley as he was leaving a fundraising concert five years earlier.
His father, an upstanding businessman in their community, was loved by all. But Zahara, who ruled the Vampire community with an iron fist, had a long list of enemies, and it wasn’t hard for anyone to figure out that Charles’ death had been politically motivated.
Cameron felt sick to his stomach just thinking about the losses he’d suffered because of Zahara’s prominent role in their community.
He forced himself to leave his painful memories in the past where they belonged by returning his attention to unwanted visit, “What do you want mom. Don’t you have some poor soul to torment, some criminal to judge and send off to prison?”
“Now, now, dear, can’t a mother miss her son?” Zahara’s laugh was loud and false, it resonated around the hallway and it made him uncomfortable, he wanted them gone.
“The only thing you probably miss right now is your throne and all your minions forever kissing your ass!” He didn’t realize how loud they were until he felt Michaela’s hand on his arm.
“Well, well, well! What’s going on here?” Zahara’s sharp green eyes moved from him to Michaela and then back to him.
“Do her parents know?” She asked, reading their relationship for what it was.
“It’s none of their business, and as matter of fact it’s none of yours. Please leave now!” His voice was tight and clipped, it brooked no further argument. Without waiting for their response he slammed the door in their faces.
He stalked off to the living room and changed his mind half way to the bar. He couldn’t drink in front of Michaela. He’d stopped doing a lot of things in front of her.
“Hey. Come here,” Michaela walked over to him and put her arms around him.
“Are you okay?” She asked softly.
Cameron shook his head. He wasn’t okay.
“Maybe you should talk to them. It’s been a year. How long can you stay angry for?” She murmured as she led him to the couch.
“I can’t. I can’t bear to look at them, Mickey.”
“What I’m about to say may sound selfish and stupid and childish. But maybe what they did wasn’t so bad. I mean we found each other right? If they didn’t stop you from marrying Sylvia, we wouldn’t be together now.”
Yes she knew all about his past. They were friends long before they had feelings for each other and he’d confided in her when she broke up with Leo. He’d understood what she was going through because he’d been there as well, and he’d shared that part of his past to make her realize that a failed relationship wasn’t always the end of the world, and time did heal all wounds.
“It was a rotten thing to do,” Cameron insisted. He frowned darkly as he remembered the humiliation he’d felt when he was left at the altar…
From the get-go Zahara never liked Sylvia, labeling her a whore and a gold digger, and throughout Cameron’s three year relationship with her she had set out to prove she was right about his girlfriend.
Without Cameron’s knowledge Zahara had had investigators look into Sylvia’s past. Their discovery was appalling; Sylvia was a former stripper with a long list of crimes and arrests to boot. But Cameron knew all this already and the reports didn’t come as a shock to him.
His plans though to marry the ex-stripper almost gave Zahara and Charles heart attacks. He’d wasted no time proposing to Sylvia and she’d eagerly accepted.
Charles had opposed his engagement every chance he got, insisting a family scandal wouldn’t look good for Zahara, her name being linked to a whore and a gold digger would certainly squash all chances of being reelected as the Council’s Head.
Despite his family’s protests, he had gone ahead with his plans to get hitched. He and Sylvia settled on a date, booked the venue and he’d even asked Krisis, whom he knew from their photographer days in Champs Les Sims, to be his best man.
He’d honestly imagined himself in love with Sylvia and he was determined to marry her. But looking back now, he knew his determination to get married was borne out of stubbornness and to prove a point to Zahara and Charles that he wasn’t their puppet and he’d do as he pleased.
In the days leading up to the wedding Zahara and Charles had become supportive suddenly, and that should have set off warning alarms for Cameron. But plagued by pre-wedding jitters he’d overlooked their sudden change in attitude, had overlooked a lot of things too. Like Sylvia suddenly closing up on him; he’d chalked it down to wedding nerves. He should have pushed her to talk more, pushed her for the truth. But he didn’t. And that’s how he was left with egg on his face on his wedding day. Sylvia never showed up.
Krisis was the bearer of bad news. He never said much, but the letter from Sylvia did. It was brief and to the point. She didn’t love him. Never did. She’d found herself an older man.
He’d suspected his mom had had something to do with Sylvia’s disappearance but he could never prove it, until a slip up in the post occurred.
A letter addressed to a C. Walters arrived at the Walters’ mansion.
Initially he’d thought it was for Charles since he rarely received correspondence at his mother’s house and he wouldn’t have opened it if he didn’t see it was from Williams and Williams Attorneys, acting on behalf of Sylvia Barnes, his ex-fiancé. Naturally, he concluded the letter was for him.
Despite the serious, legal language in the letter he managed to make sense of its contents. Sylvia had wanted more money and if Charles and Zahara didn’t pay up, she was threatening to tell him of their little arrangement.
His confrontation with his mom and brother had abruptly ended their life long bond and he had effectively disowned them.
Nursing a broken heart, the offer from Krisis to join K-Infinity was the perfect remedy he’d needed to get over his family’s betrayal and start afresh.
“They were right, Cam. Sylvia wasn’t good for you. I mean she agreed to leave your life for a quick buck. Marrying her would have been a big mistake. She would have hurt you in the long run.” Michaela gently coaxed him back to the present.
“I know. But she was my mistake to make. Not theirs!” Cameron told her, he didn’t complain when she guided his head on her lap and she began massaging his temples.
Michaela always knew somehow what he needed. And at that moment, with a raging migraine threatening its assault on him, he desperately needed her cool hands on his temples.
“Your mom was just looking out for you,” she continued massaging his temples and he felt himself relax.
“No, she was just looking out for her career. Politics and being Head of the Vampire Council was more important to her than my happiness.” Cameron murmured drowsily as he reached up to caress her cheek. He couldn’t believe how exhausted he was, the promotional work they’d been doing since the album release was finally taking its toll on him.
“That’s not true. The way she did it was wrong, and sure maybe it was to save her career, but I think she also did it out of love for you. She didn’t want you to get hurt in the long run,” She would have carried on trying to show him her take on his situation with his mom, but then she looked down at him and saw he was fast asleep.
“You are such a big baby,” Michaela smiled to herself as she kissed his forehead.
She quickly ran upstairs to grab a blanket and a pillow for him and she made sure he was comfortable on the couch before she did one last patrol around the house, checking that all the windows and doors were closed.
As she slipped out of the front door and locked it behind her, she thought of Sylvia briefly, about what an idiot she was for letting Cameron go.
"Be glad she did," she told herself. He’d given her the key, not only to his house, but to his heart too, and she’d safe guard it with everything she had. She wasn't going to be another Sylvia...




























Ok not mad at you taunting us with that picture anymore.
ReplyDeleteA few more days and hopefully my favorite couple can finally be official! I'm happy again.
Somehow I think that mother and brother of his will try to do something to get in the way for some reason. They came for a favor which means they will be back. I hope they don't try to use Mickey to force his hand some how.
I know Mickey's mom knows how she feels about him so it won't come as much of a shock but if his mom and brother try and make something out of what they saw things could blow up in a bad way.
I'm happy :)
Great update.
OH thank heavens!!! Your teaser pic had me worried. *breathes*
ReplyDeleteI've already made up my mind that if I can't have him then Michaela is the next best thing.
Now I'm in a yay mood! Perfect for studying
Oh I am so relieved! It was a memory! They are so good together. I hope nothing happens to ruin it for them!
ReplyDeleteI can see Cam's point of view. I would have been very upset at the way his family handled Sylvia, but Michaela is right. It worked out for the best. So maybe he should forgive them now.
Can't wait for the next chapter!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Cameron and Mickey. Just what I needed. <3
ReplyDeleteThese two make me so insanely happy, it's kind of worrying. Just a few more days.... I can hardly wait. You keep teasing me with those almost kisses, Val. You cruel, cruel girl. XD
Cameron's past makes me sad. Kind of explains his behavior in the previous seasons though. Mickey is like the complete opposite of Sylvia and thank goodness that Cameron didn't wind up with that blonde bimbo.
I do agree with Mickey, and I think that his Mom has the best intentions in mind, but I don't know about his brother. There's something a bit off about him that I can't quite point out.
I just can't wait to see Mickey as an adult. I can totally see her walking out in this hot ass outfit and Cameron dragging her to the bedroom. Oh, my crazy thoughts. <3
Loved this chapter! They just keep getting better and better. :)
(Oh and I made a blogspot account just for this ;D)
~ Not long to wait now,I love these two!
ReplyDelete~ They make me feel all warm & fuzzy inside!(see what you do to me,ah! Young love!)
~ It is about time Cam found TRUE LOVE,after all he has been through!
~ Not real impressed with the head of the Vampire Council!She is so cold,& her eldest is certainly taking after Mom!
~ Loved it,as always!(",)
Oh good the pick was just a flash back! I was gonna be like: Ah what the hell!? But just a flash back, phhwww
ReplyDeleteI loved this chapter! It was cool to learn a little about his past. And him and Mickey are sooo cute <3 I love them. I laughed at the 'soon to be legal' part :P
I loved the part about the dog too. I laughed when Cameron barked at it Hahaha
Yee can't wait for the next chapter! <3
It's getting closer lol :) loved it
ReplyDeleteLittle dogs are like little men - bark bark bark so everyone can see they are there. hahaha
ReplyDeleteI have to re-read a few back, I remember something about the Vampire Council and the leader being someone's parent, and now that I know who, I forgot why it was so important. :( (it's due for a re-read anyway :))
Cameron's home is gorgeous.
Sixth picture is so, so something. Sweet, soft, tender, possessive. And the second from the bottom, I can see Cameron's eyes looking up at her. awwwwww! And the last one, she's so cute holding his hand as he sleeps. They are just so adorable. I really hope the turmoil I feel coming will not force a separation. I don't trust either his Mom or his brother.
I forgot to say, Cameron's hair suits him well. Nice nice.
ReplyDeleteOh Yeahhh!! I loove michaelas and cams chapters! Yes yees yeees
ReplyDeleteThey are so sweet together , i was awwwww alll along! I am really looking foward to when they make it official!
Cam's family is awful i mean what they did is not justified! They had no right to interfere in cam's life and doing what they thought was best. I admit it turned out to be good but at the moment it wasnt't and they still went on with it! His hate is founded dear Valpre, it is.
Couldnt they get a nice dog at least?
Awwwwwwwww M+C forever <3
Amazing as ever
Thank God, the teaser pic was the past. I would have killed him as it wasn't :P I hope there won't be trouble now that his mother found them together. I love their relationship, would be major pissed if somebody broke them up now that they are finally together. I really want to see a grown up Mickey :)
ReplyDeleteGlad I got to see another side of Cam. Mickey really loves him. And I can't beleive his mom would do something like that. Anywhays great chapter. I also forsee Cam's mom telling her parents, Krysis, or Thorton. Keep up the awesome job.
ReplyDeleteI am just wondering what Cameron's mom will think of his new relationship. If she was willing to do that to Sylvia, she's probably willing to try with Mickey and things could get ugly!
ReplyDeleteI love the chemisry between Cam and Michaela, it's really evident when they're around each other. Especially when they're kissing. I can't wait for them to make it official despite his family's meddling ways.
ReplyDeleteYour use of flashbacks to let us see a glimpse of his past adds more depth to him as well, as well as his relationship with Michaela. And I've been meaning to tell you that your pics are gorgeous!!
I wonder what's going to happen when they make it official? I'm looking forward to see how this unfolds.
Jaz,
ReplyDeleteLOL. Would I ever do that ya'll? I was just teasing you.
Yes, yes, yes. Just a few more days.
Zahara and Charles just came to Bridgeport because of the tension between their government and the humans. And knowing how hard he took their meddling the last time, they really won't try anything. Zahara does love Cam, and she had good intentions when she got rid of Sylvia, but she went about it the wrong way.
She was shocked to see her son with Mickey, but knowing she's Thornton's granddaughter, she'll have no problem whatsoever with their match. The age difference may worry her a little though.
I'm glad you're happy.
Thanks for reading.
Pixx,
ReplyDeleteI know, sorry, I almost gave you a heart attack there.
Okay, so you're rooting for Mickey, huh? There's still Liza she has to contend with.
I'm happy it put you in a studying mood.
Thanks for reading.
Nedra,
ReplyDeleteI would never do that to you guys, not after everyone seems to be rooting for these two. I was just having a little fun on Facebook, is all.
I agree, I see it too and I also see Mickey's argument. I guess it's really not a black and white situation, Zahara was trying to protect him in the long run, but she did it an unacceptable way and she ended up hurting Cameron probably more than Sylvia would have in the long run.
Thanks for reading.
brooke,
ReplyDeleteyour comments always make me so giddy!
I promise you, the next time they kiss, it will not be an almost kiss. LOL. If he had to touch her now, he'll be jailbird. He needs execrice restraint.
Yeah, I know what you mean, it was sad what he went through, and his reckless behaviour in past seasons and the women he used to associate with, all trace back to what he went through with Sylvia.
True, Mickey is right, Zahara did have the best intentions at heart, but she just went about it the wrong way. LOL @ your comment about Charles. Maybe because he's too perfect?
Careful what you think about, I may just go overboard with their first time. LOL. No, just kidding, I'll tone it down.
Thank you so much, I can always count on your comments to cheer me up.
And yay for the blogspot account, does this mean I don't have to update my LJ page? You were the only person I updated it for! I always get your updates on Google reader :)
Karima,
ReplyDelete-She's almost legal, just a few more days.
-LOL. Love the "warm and fuzzy inside" idea. It's always great isn't it? New love? How I miss that feeling sometimes!
-Yes, he went through hell with Sylvia and crazy Liza, so yeah, maybe third time is the charm?
-True, Zahara is hard and cold, but she loves Cam. As for Charles, he is his mother's son.
Thanks so much for all your help and for being there for me when I need a sounding board.
Rose,
ReplyDeleteYeah, it was a good old flashback, nothing more. Did I almost give you a heart attack? LMAO!
Aw, really? I'm happy you loved it. Those two seem to be everyone's favorite at the moment.
I'm glad you loved the part about the dog and Cam barking at it. He's a strange one, that guy.
Thanks for reading Rose.
lckygrl,
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's getting closer! Thanks for reading.
Fae,
ReplyDeleteI think you're right about little dogs.
Thank you, about Cam's home. I keep saying I'll take pics of his place. Maybe this weekend and I'll put them on Facebook. Someone asked to see Leigh and Krisis' too, so I'll do that also.
LOL, I'm glad you like the pics.
Zahara does love her son, so I doubt she'll be trying something like Sylvia again. If she wants Cam in her life, she won't.
I'm still trying to find the right hairstyle for Cam, that one was supposed to be Krisis' this season. I need to change his look, but I'm so scared.
Thanks for reading.
GirlyGirl,
ReplyDeleteLOL. Love your enthusiam!
It will be official in exactly five chapters!
You are right, what Cam's family did was wrong, and they have no excuse, but they both believe it was out of love, they didn't want him to get hurt in the long run.
Nah, Zahara loves small dogs.
Forever is a very long time, especially where Vampires are concerned, so we'll see how right you are about M+C = forever. But just so you know, I like that equation!
Thank you, and thanks for reading.
Dutchy,
ReplyDeleteSomehow I think you would have spanked him first before you killed him?
No, trouble is more likely to come from Michaela's side.
Soon, I promise, in exactly five chapters!
Thanks so much for reading!
Anna,
ReplyDeleteMickey does love him, and he feels just the same way about her. Zahara was looking out for him, but she did it the wrong way. But as for meddling in his life, she wouldn't if she wants to have some sort of relationship with Cam.
Thanks for reading.
Aeon,
ReplyDeleteCam's mom was shocked, but Mickey would probably be her number one choice, she's the total opposite of Sylvia and Liza, plus the fact that she's the granddaughter of her closest ally can't hurt.
Thanks for reading.
tommiegirl,
ReplyDeleteI think you're right, about the chemistry, they do have something special. His family though, won't be meddling, they've done it before and it didn't end well for all concerned. As for Mickey's family, now, that's a totally different story.
Thank you, I hate writing and shooting flashbacks, they make me nervous. And thanks about the compliment on the shots.
The making it official part comes in exactly five chapters. It won't be long now.
Thanks for reading.
Just a few more days until it's official! Though I get the feeling Cam's mother might already be up to something...
ReplyDeleteYes, just a few more days. Nah, Cam's mom wouldn't try anything now.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading.
AWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!! WOOT WOOT! THE RETURN HAS COME YEEEAH!!!! Im so ridiculously childish excited for this season YEAH! CAPSLOCK!! Aww its gonna be so fantabidacious! awesome sauce! yeah! woot! :) im looking forward to seeing what you have to pull outta the bag~!
ReplyDeleteI love how Cam and Mickey have this loverly relashionship! it's almost painfully adorable, they're so together and their love is so real and im such a sentimental weirdo.... :') lovely. Loved the pictures and LOVED ALL OVER THE LAST THREE CHAPTERS!!!
I AM SOOOO HAPPY KRISIS FINALLY GOT THAT DARNED CLOSURE!! He told Krimmy right?? she needs to know as well! Awh... im really happy about this... so far its seeming like an awesome season... What's up with the triplets powers hmmm?? Love how you pulled that one out on us! YEAH! WOOT! YEAH! POWERS! OOOH! :D As it happens im writing a story about powers ohohohoho.... i love the coinky-dink ness.. :D
YOU AWESOME CRACKER YOU. :P
Also, cannot wait for her family to find out about her and Cam!! It will either be utterly hysterical or awfully traumatising.... im hoping for the first option. we already have those three shady peoples to ruin things for them... :(
BUT IGNORING THAT!!!!!!!!! Fun fun fun fun! im so excited im about to burst into seal clapping! ARF!
(Eni of course, who else writes comments this crazy right?! ;))
Michaela has some valid points but I don't blame Cameron for continuing to be angry.
ReplyDeleteI love Cam's and Michaela's relationship <3 The two of them are so good together... they produce some sizzling eye-catching shots :P Poor Cam, it must be heartbreaking to be left at the altar alone on his wedding day. Being involved in politics.. ugh i couldn't even begin to imagine it. It must be really tough for Cam knowing his father was killed for political reasons only. :/ I'm glad he has someone like Michaela to look out for him. ;)
ReplyDelete