Warning: coarse language
“Our blood bond.” He told her.
Ah! How could I forget? Leigh thought, scratching her head. She’d begged for the stupid blood bond, and he’d warned her about it, warned her they’d always be connected. But it was one of the reasons they’d entered into it to begin with, because they’d both almost died of their heartbreak when she left
“You can’t leave me, Leigh. Ever. Isn’t that what you wanted?” Krisis asked as he leapt to his feet with surprising speed and agility.For a second Leigh was startled, his sudden movements had caught her off guard. She forgot sometimes he's a vampire, that’s how human-like he acted around her. But now, she could see the predator in him had been unleashed, he was baying for blood. And he had no right. No right at all to be angry.
“Of course I do! I have every right to be angry!” Krisis roared at her. His eyes roamed over her body and settled on her tummy, something flared in the icy depths, tenderness mingled with his anger and confusion. “You promised you’d never leave me, yet here you are, booking into hotels. Couldn’t you come home and give me a chance to explain?”Leigh had never seen him so enraged; this was their first ever serious confrontation. She stepped back, scared suddenly that things could get physical. She didn’t want to get into an altercation with him. She wanted to be left alone.
“I’m not your father Leigh, I would never lay a hand on you! How can you even think that?” Krisis growled, he’d read her thoughts and felt her sudden fear and apprehension.
The moment the words were out of his lips, she saw regret in his eyes.
Leigh remained mute, trying to shut out the painful memories of her parents’ violent fights, often ending with her mom lying face down on the kitchen floor with broken ribs and twisted arms, her body, a rainbow of colors from old and new bruises.
“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. You should know how much I love you, I would never hurt you.” Krisis apologized, begging for forgiveness.
Leigh nodded, she understood. They were both upset and saying things they shouldn’t.
She knew at some point they’d have to talk about her parents, and her lies, and the things she’d kept from him. But now wasn’t the right time, not when their fight was resurrecting ghosts she’d thought had been laid to rest a long time ago, not when they were both highly emotional and petrified.
“I would have told you about Thornton," his voice was much softer now as he reached for her. But she quickly maneuvered out of his arms, putting up her hands. She didn’t want to be held.
“No. Stop right there. That ship has long sailed, Krisis!" She screamed at him as she threw on her clothes in angry movements. "I kept begging you to tell me what was on your mind, but you didn’t and I had to find out the truth on my own. I'm not interested in anything you have to say now.”She was so close to breaking down, so close to letting her tears run loose, but she wouldn’t. She’d see this through and then send him away, and maybe when she was alone she’d allow herself to cry.
“I’m sorry. I wanted to tell you, really I did. For the last 216 years I believed one thing, and suddenly I find out a lot of it may not have been true. I don’t know what to think and believe anymore. I don’t even know who I am anymore, Leigh and I didn’t want to come to you with all of that. I didn’t want to upset you!” He explained but Leigh pounced on him, putting an end to all his excuses.“What’s the point of us having a blood bond if you can’t come to me with anything? What was the point of Barnacle Bay? I thought we were past all of that!” She threw his smart-ass comment about the blood bond back in his face.
He was stumped. And she was right. He couldn’t have his cake and eat it too. It was all or nothing; he couldn’t use the blood bond to suit his needs and promote his own agendas.
“You’re right. I’m sorry. Please come home. I’ll tell you everything, Just come home,” Krisis pleaded with her. This time he held her in place, running his hands up and down her arms. He felt her shudder in his arms, felt some of the tension leave her body.“Every time you asked me about my parents, you always knew the truth and you never said anything! Why? And why would you do a background check on me?” This time she couldn’t force back her tears, she let them run free, leaving salty trails on her cheeks, thoughts of not talking about her parents forgotten. She suddenly wanted to get all the secrets and the lies out in the open now
“You look like Laura, Leigh and I had to be sure, I had to know you weren’t working with Vlad and Beau.” He sat in the armchair and watched her pace the room. “I asked Ben to get me everything on you and that’s how I found out about your parents. I’m sorry. I should have told you. But I figured since you didn’t want to tell me, you didn’t want me to know and I left it alone, I didn’t want to push. And you don’t have to tell me now if you don’t want to. But I’d like to know, and I’d like to be there for you and help you through it.”“Huh!” Leigh snorted, shaking her head in disbelief. “That’s rich, coming from you. Talking about being there for me and how I should open up to you, yet you can’t let me anywhere near your heart. You are more guarded than the fucking president!”
Krisis kept quiet. The truth in her words stung. Bitterly.
“I’m sorry.” He kept saying over and over. And Leigh kept right on shaking her head, refusing to hear any more of his apologies.
“You know what’s weird and funny and stupid, I was fucking ready to spend eternity with you, I was willing to give up everything for you, yet I don’t know you. I have no idea who you are. I thought I did, but my God, I was so fucking wrong! It’s always something with you and I can’t keep up with all your secrets anymore, Krisis. Get out!” Leigh pushed the door open and showed him out, not at all swayed by his heartfelt confessions and pleas.Krisis sat stubbornly in his seat, refusing to barge, “I was trying to protect you. We almost lost the triplets once and I couldn’t risk anything happening to them. I didn’t want to upset you."
Leigh found it hard to watch what was happening to them, all their efforts to be together were coming undone in front of her very eyes and she couldn’t do anything to stop it. “No,” she shook her head sadly. “This has nothing to do with you protecting me. It all boils down to trust and you don’t trust me. You didn’t trust me when we met, and you still don’t trust me now.”
“I do trust you. Please let’s sit down and talk about this,” Krisis tried to soothe her, but she wouldn’t be appeased.“No! Barnacle Bay was your last chance Krisis and you fucked it up. Again! Leave. Now!”
“What are you saying?” He asked, baring his fangs, unable to believe what he thought he’d heard; it sounded like she was breaking up with him.
“It’s over. I’m done with you, your lies and your secrets. I’m done with your sorries too. If I got a penny for every time you said you’re sorry I’d be rich by now Krisis Frost. I don’t want to hear any more of your excuses or your sorries. So take your sorries, along with all your shit and go!” She brushed the tears away from her face and crossed her arms.
Leigh didn’t realize how loud their fight was till she saw Amanda, the receptionist she had dealt with earlier, spring out of the lift, followed by two security guards.
“We got a complaint about a disturbance, is everything okay?” Amanda asked. Her eyes shifted from Leigh at the door to Krisis pacing near the bed.Leigh gave her a small, reassuring smile, “Yes, everything is fine, Krisis was just leaving.”
Krisis groaned under his breath. He didn’t want to leave, but he didn’t want to cause a scene either, he had to be careful with what he said and did in front of the hotel staff; the paparazzi camped outside the hotel would have a field day if they ever got wind of their argument, they’d blow it out of proportion. In fact, he was already bracing himself for a blizzard in tomorrow morning’s tabloids.“You want space, I’ll give it to you, but make no mistake about this, Leigh, I’ll be back!” He told her firmly on his way out.
At the door he hesitated for a while and just when Leigh breathed a huge sigh of relief, glad the drama was over; Krisis turned back and stole a quick kiss from her, leaving her fuming.“I love you and that's the truth you need to hang on to.” He added in a low voice, loud enough for her to hear him though.
Before Leigh could give him a piece of her mind and tell him off, Krisis placed a gentle hand on her tummy.“Daddy will be back,” he promised his triplets.
Leigh was furious, with all of them, Krisis for being so damn stubborn, and their babies for responding to his touch. They were supposed to be on her side and be angry with him for upsetting her; instead they merrily jumped for joy at his touch.
“Nick and Tony are staying in the suite next door. Let them know if you need anything. I’ve left a credit card on the nightstand.” He told her as he brushed past her.
Leigh ignored him; she had nothing to say about the body guards he’d hired soon after they learned they were pregnant.She thought they were an unnecessary expense and she’d asked him so many times to call them off, but he’d refused, insisting it was for her own good. With Beau Merrick still out there and the constant, deranged paparazzi trying to snap shots of her growing bump whenever she went out, he hadn’t wanted to leave anything to chance.
The past few weeks she’d seen less of Nick and Tony because she’d hardly left home, but now it seemed she’d have to reacquaint herself with them…



I just finished reading the last chapter and boom, another one!
ReplyDeleteAny ways lots o' Drama going on here, that reading mind thing has gots to be annoying. Love can be something else, I see Krysis will go crazy if Leigh isn't in his life.
I hope I am the first comment this time!
I loved this chapter!
ReplyDeleteI hate to say it, but I am glad she didn't forgive him yet! I hope she does eventually though. Leigh is right! Krisis needs to trust her more. Maybe now he will!
It sounds like Leigh and Devon had a rough childhood. That explains why he is so protective of Leigh now!
Can't wait for more!
aeon,
ReplyDeleteYay, you are the first to comment on it.
I imagine it is and it's the only reason I wouldn't date a vampire, knowing he can hear my thoughts all the time.
You're right about love, it can be, especially when you feel as deeply invested in the other person as Krisis and Leigh feel about each other.
Not having Leigh in his life is not an option. But he won't go stalker crazy or kill her next boyfriend, if that's what you meant.
11daisies,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you loved it.
LOL. I understand. Eventually maybe she will, but right now, Krisis is the last person she wants to see.
They did have a rough childhood, their father was abusive and he ended up killing their mom and then took his own life. And Leigh discovered their bodies when she came home from school. She was only seventeen, the same year Laura Greene, her doppelganger and Krisis' deceased lover jumped off a cliff.
Thank you. With the season written the updates will be frequent.
This is a powerful chapter.
ReplyDeleteI can still hear the raised voices in my head.
It stirred a little anger in me toward Leigh. She seems too caught up in her own doubts and emotions to give Krisis' situation a thought. Hopefully she will, someday, allow him to help her get over her childhood traumas. I want to pick her apart and analyse her. :) What's good for the goose is good for the gander, yes? I think she has forgotten that she did keep her secrets. The fact that Krisis admitted he knew and did not say anything to respect her wish that he not know should mean something. She can't keep these secrets that absolutely skew her view on life and require that Krisis bare his soul to her in each and every aspect. It's simply unfair to require that from someone you love and expect that same someone to allow you every secret you want to keep. :(
I am so looking forward to reading more.
Fae,
ReplyDeleteHopefully the raised voices don't last long in your head. Thank you, I'm glad you think it was powerful. I struggled to work with it, I couldn't decide who's POV to go with, and I ended up chopping and changing a lot of things. Still not happy with the final product, but if it stirred emotions in you, even if it is anger at Leigh, I'm glad. It did the job it was supposed to do.
About Leigh, I understand your anger. She didn't give Krisis a chance to explain, maybe when she's calmed down, she will open up and allow him to explain himself, but a lot of her anger has a lot to do with the things he's kept from her in the past. Krisis does have a history of leaving her in the dark, yet they are supposed to be equal partners. And about her parents, maybe one day she will tell him and allow him to help her heal, but not anytime soon, esp since she's never dealt with it on her own, she's kept it locked away, never confronted the issue, let alone with her brother, another person who's been through what she has. It's a shameful secret she didn't want to share with anyone, and knowing Krisis knows made her feel a little violated. She understands his reasons for doing what he did and how he came to learn the truth and she doesn't fault him for that, she just wished he'd left it in the past. And that's exactly how Krisis feels about Thornton. If they can both step back, think and allow the other the space and time to heal, maybe they'll make it. I think they were both wrong flat out, two wrongs don't make a right and you have to treat someone the way you'd like to be treated. If Leigh wanted honesty and trust from Krisis, she needs also show him she can be trustworthy and honest.
Thanks so much for reading.
How's our second album coming along :)
I just came across your story and I have to say I'm hooked. I hope things work out with them!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that some things are now out in the open but they haven't actually been discussed so there's more to come MUCH more to come. I hate I REALLY hate that Krisis kissed her before he left. I understand why he did it but he needs to understand when Leigh said get out she meant she needed space not to feel conflicted about her emotions when she really needs to get a handle on them in the first place and the kiss only made matters worse.
ReplyDeleteI love that he won't give up on her because he loves her but I have to again agree with Leigh. The way he won't share EVERYTHING with her does have a bit of a trust issue involved. I know she didn't share the one detail about her folks with him but he hasn't shared ANYTHING with her.
Trust goes both ways and they really need to understand what exactly they got themselves into with that blood bond and realize it was because they wanted to be more open and honest with one another. Now if they weren't ready for that, they never should have started the bond in the first place.
I can see Leigh forgiving Krisis but I can only see that when and if he gives her the space she needs and stop trying to control a situation that is already FAR out of his control. It doesn't need to be wet down with apologies and soft touches, it needs to be aired out and discussed...and then we can have nekkid Krisis /drool!!!
Great update as we are one step closer to the truth unburdening them both and I am happy :D
Jazen,
ReplyDeleteThank you and thanks for reading.
Dj,
ReplyDeleteTrue, it's all out there now and they just need to calm down long enough and step back a little to think things through.
Krisis wouldn't leave without letting her know how he feels and that kiss was meant to remind her he meant business. He's not giving up on them and he understands her need for space and he will give it to her. It may have conflicted her, on the other hand it may just have reminded her why she fell in love with him to begin with, the fact that he's spontaneous and always does things unexpectedly. Knowing Leigh she would have been more upset if he'd just left without so much as assurance, words or gestures on his part that he's still in the relationship regardless of the fact that she's sent him away.
And he plans to rectify that. Throughout their argument, one thing emerged and it jumped at him, the fact that she feels like she doesn't know him anymore, and he'll do his damnedest, in his own unorthodox ways, to get her to see he really has nothing to hide.
That's exactly why this is happening now, they both needed to see their flaws and fix them before they grow into something unmanageable. When they entered into their blood bond, they both thought they were at a better place, but circumstances quickly changed, neither of them could have known how finding out Thornton is Krisis' dad could create such friction in their relationship.
Again, you're spot on, on that. Krisis knows Leigh better than anyone and he knows space is exactly what she needs. He won't push his limits, but at the same time, he won't leave her alone completely. At some point he has to steer her back in his arms.
Thank you.
Whoa! I have to say that I am proud of Leigh for holding her ground! Turning him down has never been easy and I can see why. While I came into this upset with Krisis for yet another secret, I just realized that it's the same thing with Dev and Leigh. They didn't want people to know the truth so they kept it between them just like Krisis and Krimsyn.
ReplyDeleteThat fight was intense and like always, I hope they can come back from this. I love the idea of them together but there is only but so much a person can take when it comes to unspoken truths. Too many unspoken truths.
Qui,
ReplyDeleteTrue. He is persuasive. And you're right, it's the same thing between Leigh and Devon, luckily for Dev though Eloise was there, she knows everything, so it's not something he's hiding from her.
Yeah, let's hope they do come back from it. And again, you're right. Love shouldn't be so hard, but then again, aren't all good things worth fighting for?
Thanks for reading.
Why do they both have to be so damn stubborn? ERRRRRRRRR. Well i hope all works out for them. I also can't wait to see those babies. I hope this doesn't affect the babies. Great job. Can't wait til next chap.
ReplyDeleteAnna,
ReplyDeleteThey wouldn't be Krisis and Leigh if they weren't. LMAO.
It will. With time. They just need some space to clear the air. The babies will be much happier now that things are out in the open between their parents. And they'll be arriving soon. Leigh also can't wait.
*Gasp!* Oooww i just think i died a little...
ReplyDeleteI don't believe for a minute it's over between these two :( They've been through too much to just leave it like this. if I was Leigh, I would believe Krisis's threat to be back soon. She's his everything, even if he is a stupid man.
ReplyDeleteBesides, she's going to have three babies, she'll need him and his stupid head!
On a separate note. I am so jealous of your pictures. I wish my DH would let me get a better graphics card. Plus, I wish i wasn't "afraid" of CC for TS3. All those cool poses! I could have used a couple this last DDRR update I did. talk about fancy camera work!
Rose,
ReplyDeleteSorry. I hope you recover ;)
Holley,
ReplyDeleteMhh, maybe it is. Sometimes you just have to know when to call it quits and let go. But Krisis seems so sure it's over between them. So we'll see.
Yeah, having a good graphics card does help. I keep telling you to balls up, start off slow with the CC and the poses, and see how you handle that and gradually add on to it. It's really not as scary as you think. I'm blushing, thanks for the nice compliment.
Awesome how the the babies responded to their daddy, that was off the scale cute! And I can't believe these two are at it again! OMG,I'm tempted to take my belt off and go at them!
ReplyDelete