Bridgeport, present day...
Leigh’s quest for the truth about Krisis took her to Krimsyn and J.D.’s place.
Krisis and Lily had gone shopping and she’d made up some excuse not to join them, insisting they needed some father/daughter time.
As she stood there, watching Krimsyn try her damnedest to avoid looking at the thick stack of envelopes on the armrest, Leigh wondered if perhaps she’d made a mistake by coming over unannounced.
Krimsyn seemed a little distracted. She’d hardly said a word since Leigh joined her in the living room, content to just sit in her arm chair and fidget.
“What’s that?” Leigh asked, nodding at the official-looking letters.
“I-Uh-” Krimsyn stammered. Her cold blue eyes darted about the room before settling on the floor.
“It’s mostly bills…and one is for J.D. A messenger dropped it off a while ago,” Krimsyn replied finally.
Leigh wondered why she looked like the world was about to end.
“It’s from the VIA.” Krimsyn added, clearing up Leigh’s confusion.
Leigh remained mute. She smiled a little, embarrassed at her own ignorance, as she tried to figure out what the acronym stood for.
Was she supposed to know what VIA was?
“Vampire Intelligence Agency.” Krimsyn filled in the blanks. She got up, paced the length of the living room a few times.
Leigh resumed her position on the couch. She could feel Krimsyn’s tension. She was like a caged tigress, afraid and agitated. Anything could set her off, at any time.
“They saw the clip of him in Barnacle Bay. The phones haven’t stopped ringing since. They all want him Leigh, SWAT, VIA, VLC. They all fucking want a piece of him! This is what I was afraid of,” she cried, wringing her hands tightly behind her.
Leigh shifted in her seat, taking in Krimsyn’s revelation. She’d had no clue. No idea J.D. had ties to law enforcement.
“I’m sorry,” Leigh mumbled weakly, not sure what she was sorry for though. If it wasn’t obvious before, it was now, painfully so, she didn’t know anything about the Frosts and J.D., yet she was about to have babies with one of them!
“It’s not your fault. I’m just so mad that’s all. I made him give it up, and now it’s come back to bite me in the ass!” Krimsyn let out a long angry sigh.
Now’s probably not the right time to mention Michaela and Cameron. Leigh thought as she felt one of her babies’ kicks. She squirmed in her seat, trying to get comfortable and release the pressure on her ribs.
“Enough about me, what’s going on?” Krimsyn changed the topic.
Leigh, knowing she may never get another opening like this one, took her chances.
“Krisis and Thornton.” She saw the look of shocked horror on Krimsyn’s face and she knew she’d hit pay dirt.
“He told you?” Krimsyn asked, her voice trembling with bewilderment. “He promised he wouldn’t. He promised he’d never mention it to anyone he’s our father!”
“What?” Leigh asked, unable to mask her shock. The truth was, when she mentioned Krisis and Thornton she was just reaching. She’d had no idea what to expect, but she knew it wasn’t this. This was huge. Thornton and Krisis, father and son. Shit!
“What do you mean what? You mean you didn’t know?” Krimsyn hissed when she realized her mistake. Leigh had tricked her.
“Since his meeting with Thornton he’s been acting strange and I suspected it had a lot to do with that, I just wasn’t sure though. But thank you for confirming it,” Leigh replied, getting ready to leave.
“Thornton was attacking you Leigh and Krisis defended you, defended his love for you. That man is a piece of shit! Since Jacqueline’s death he’s been taking cheap shots at Krisis about you. The last one Krisis couldn’t ignore. He lashed out, they fought in his office and that’s when he overheard Thornton and his PA talk about your kids, who happen to be his grandkids, if he’s telling the truth.” Krimsyn explained.
“Enough!” Leigh cried angrily. She wished Krimsyn would stop making excuses for her brother, wished she’d stop telling her about Krisis and Thornton and their fight. “He didn’t tell me, and that’s all that matters right now. Our kids have a grandfather, Krisis knew about it, yet he chose to keep quiet!”
“I asked him not to say anything to anyone. But knowing Krisis, he would have told you. Eventually. Thornton’s a powerful man; he made sure Krisis got away with Vlad’s death. That kind of power is bound to make people question things. Right now Krisis is struggling with it, and the idea of Thornton being our father. He’s at a fragile place, questioning everything, especially our careers.”
“I don’t care. We’re supposed to have a blood bond. He’s supposed to tell me things, and not keep stuff from me!” Leigh howled at Krimsyn and the moment she did, she wished she hadn’t because she wasn’t ready for Krimsyn’s comeback.
For a long time Leigh stood in the middle of the room, frozen in place, trying to process everything. She had no idea when the conversation had moved on from Krisis to her parents, no idea how Krisis even knew about them, their deaths weren’t publicized. Unless…
“He did a background check on me?” Leigh asked incredulously. Krimsyn didn’t have to say anything; it was there, in her eyes, the whole nasty truth.
“I’m sorry. I don’t want to talk about this anymore. If you have questions Krisis should answer them.”
Leigh agreed.
She didn’t remember what she said to Krimsyn as she was leaving, or if she’d even said goodbye, that’s how shocked she was, numb from everything. She found herself in her car, crying her eyes out, unable to drive away. Maybe she should have left it alone, dropped it like Krisis had suggested.
OMG, I think the situation just blew up! What about her parents? Did I miss anything or forgot something? Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteDutchy,
ReplyDeleteKrimsyn's referring to Leigh's parents' death. This was mentioned in Season 2, in the prompt titled Laughter. Leigh never talks about her parents' death because it's too painful for her. Krisis has asked her lots of times about the circumstances surrounding their deaths, and Leigh's "lied" over and over, saying they died in a car accident. Of course Krisis knows it was a domestic violance case. The point Krimsyn was trying to make is that there are things Leigh is not comfortable sharing with Krisis, so she shouldn't be too hard on him when he doesn't want to share stuff about Thornton. Basically they are both withholding stuff from each other and neither one should feel like the injured party in any of it.
I hope the above clears it up for you? If you have a moment, read through the prompt on Laughter for this particular back story, it's quite a short piece.
And yes, the situation has just blown up!
Thanks for reading.
Leigh definitely bit off more than she could chew on this one! Now she has to come clean about the reality of her parents death and beg Krisis for his forgiveness for all the times she's lied to him about it.
ReplyDeleteThough the fact that he did a background check can't feel great. She has to understand though that he did this around the time he thought she was Laura and that someone sent her to fuck with him. (And I know mentioning that he did that would have been the farthest thing on his mind once everything starting to explode around them).
I can't believe Krimsyn just blurted everything out like that! Leigh didn't trick her, she tricked herself because of the fact that she's preoccupied with this thing with JD. That was the first time I'd ever seen those two argue though, and wow. Leigh stood her ground and I can completely understand how she hates Krimsyn always taking up for Krisis but that's her job...at least she feels it is.
Now she has something to talk to Krisis about and I am just antsy to see how that conversation goes. Will she start off by coming clean (with something he already knows) about her folks OR will she be too upset and only want to know what else he could possibly be hiding from her?
Great update.
Dj,
ReplyDeleteYeah, she didn't see that one coming. And you're right, she has a lot of groveling to do herself. But whether she will, remains to be seen. Her parents' death is something she's still not ready to confront or entertain.
As much as the background check on her pisses her off. But once she calms down, she'll understand it was before they got involved and he had reason to be cautious.
You're right, if Krimsyn didn't have all the crap she's dealing with about JD and the VIA, she would have been on alert and she wouldn't have given away so much. But once she saw her mistake she figured since she'd told Leigh about Thornton, she might as well just tell her the rest.
And it's probably the last time you'll see them argue, they have a relatively easy relationship.True, Krisis is all she's ever had, and his twin, she feels it's her job to look after him and stick up for him. But she's also the first to call him out when he's wrong. And in this case, both Krisis and Leigh are wrong and that's the point she was trying to make to Leigh, that she shouldn't be so harsh and judgmental when she herself is keeping things from Krisis.
Talking seems like the best thing for them to do right now, but it's far from Leigh's mind. Krisis is the last person she wants to see right now.
Thank you and thanks for reading!
Oh no ! I cannnot believe leighs leaving !! I hope the babies don't come whilst shes away ? When are they due ? But i think it was wrong of krisis to do that background check on her, she would have told him if she was comfortable with it. But why did krimysn bring it up like that about her parents ?But another great chapter valpre, like always :') cant wait for the next one ! ooohhh so excited !
ReplyDeleteBeth,
ReplyDeleteIt had to happen at some point. It was headed that way for a while. The babies will only be arriving in the finale. There's 30 chapters this season.
Krisis did a background check on her when they first met because he had to be sure she wasn't working with Beau and Vladimir since she looks so much like Laura.
Krimsyn brought it up to show Leigh she too has things she's not comfortable sharing with Krisis, so she shouldn't be too harsh with him for not telling her about Thornton.
Thank you, and thanks for reading.
This was such an emotional chapter for being so short.
ReplyDeletePoor Krimsyn. I hope JD keeps his promise and stays out of the law enforcement. I seems to me that that is something very important to her.
I had forgotten about Leigh's parents until you mentioned it. Krimsyn is right, all this secrecy isn't good for their relationship either.
Of course I also feel bad that Michaela seems to be falling through the cracks during all this drama.
Yeah, what Holley said!
ReplyDeleteOnce again, Krisis has some explaining to do! I understand that he just doing what Krimsyn said but that's what a partnership is about, sharing everything that's going and leaving no room for secrets. Leigh was wrong for not telling Krisis about what really happened with her parents but wow!
ReplyDeleteDoes JD know about Thorton?
Holley,
ReplyDeleteYou know me, I don't do long chapters :)
More on Krimsyn and J.D. in later chapters and you're on to something about this being very important to her.
Exactly! Leigh shouldn't be quick to be angry with Krisis when she's also keeping things from him.
And again, more of Michaela in later chapters :)But with everyone preoccupied with their stuff, she's being overlooked and it won't be good for all of them.
Thanks for reading :)
Jill,
ReplyDeleteLOL. Okay. Thanks for reading.
Qui,
ReplyDeleteI think they both have a lot of explaining to do, not just Krisis, they're both wrong for keeping stuff from each other. Leigh has to practice what she preaches too.
No, J.D. doesn't know about Thornton. Krimsyn, like Krisis, has kept mum about the whole thing.
Aaaww so sad, just as you think everything going to be good because all the big drama is gone BAM! Of coarse there has to be that after drama with those little strings left untied =| Sigh...I just want everything to be good again! But some how i think things would be better if they just told the truth to each other! As for J.D. and Krimsyn is feel bad for her, its seems like she is reallly stressing out about this =( Pore Krimsyn
ReplyDeleteDid i just say "pore"? Geessh i ment "Poor Krimsyn" XP Opps!
ReplyDeleteOh no I feel another fight coming on between krisis and Leigh. What a can of worms she opened. I hope they both finally come clean about their pasts and fears. I think they should see a counselor. Maybe He or She can help them work through their problems. Obviously they both have some deep rooted issues. Can't wait for the next chap.
ReplyDeleteThere must be a full moon because everyone's emotions are extreme. Leigh was digging to know and it came back and snapped at her. I am worried that her emotions regarding her own secret will cloud her perspective. J.D. might just need to join SWAT,VIA or VLC and get a team at Leigh and Krisis' house. I can't see the next confrontation between Leigh and Krisis being very pleasant.
ReplyDeleteRose, yeah, I had a lot of loose ends from season2 I needed to tie up. You're right, they'd be so much happier if they were honest from the start. Krimsyn is really stressing, but it's mostly her own guilt.
ReplyDeleteIs the new edition of your mag out now?
Thanks for reading!
Rose, no worries, I got ya. It happens :-)
ReplyDeleteAnna, I love your suggestion. They do need to work things out. Let's see how they handle it on their own first. Thanks for reading.
ReplyDeleteFae, lol. Yes, true! It's like they're all feeding off each others' intense emotions and they're getting caught up in their dramas. At this point Leigh is no state of mind to be reasonable, she's angry, confused, stunned and she'll most likely react without thinking things through. lol, true, those two may need a rescue team sent over.
ReplyDeleteBut imagine what that will do to the band if JD does join the VIA!
Thanks for reading.
Oh lordy lordy. WHAT HAS SHE DONE?!?! She has opened up a big can of crap crackers and they're gonna catch fire and BURN EVERYTHING DOWN.
ReplyDeleteOMG why please!? I can't belive it! I don't know where to start, VIA!? This is going to do terrible terrible things. What's gonna happen with Krimmy and JD now? He's gonna see the letter and then...I think she should let him go. Or maybe, she could join with him! But either way, I think he should be out there if he really does miss it deep down, and she knows he does no matter what he says.
THIS. IS. SO. INTENSE. It hurts.
Krisis and Leigh...I am lost for words on that case. UPDATE REALLY REALLY SOON BECAUSE I NEED TO SEE THE SHOWDOWN!
Im going into spasms. This is too much for me. I need to lie down.
Amaizng amazing chapter! AMAZING!
Poor Krymsin! I'm sure she wants JD to be happy, but she doesn't want to have to worry about him like she would if he joined one of those agencies.
ReplyDeleteNow that she knows what has been bothering, Krisis, Leigh probably feels like he doesn't trust her. Especially since she knows that he did a background check on her. I hope that they can get past this!
What happened to Leigh's parents? I'm dying to know!
Eni,
ReplyDeleteWhy is it that your comments always make me laugh. Yes, they're gonna burn everything down. LOL.
If he does join the VIA it will leave the band in a mess. They can't afford to lose another original band member. But it will also cause a lot of heartache in his relationship with Krimmy. She'd love nothing more than to spend time with JD but Krimmy would never join such agencies, law enforcement is not her thing. She and the law don't gel.
Sorry, I promise it will get better :)
LOL, are you sure you want that showdown? An update maybe sometime this week, I promise.
Thank you and thanks for reading!
11daisies,
ReplyDeleteYes, Krimsyn does want JD to be happy, but like you said she can't handle the pressure that comes with the job.
Leigh feels a lot of things right now, and yes, Krisis not trusting her is one of those things, but she also feels guilty because her trust issues have been brought to light. The background check was a necessity on Krisis' part.
I'm not sure when you started reading Krisis, but this was covered in Season 2 in the prompt titled "Laughter", please see my response to Dutchy's comment about Leigh's parents.
Thanks for reading.
Val
ReplyDeleteYes it is =)
http://en.calameo.com/read/0006796819313d54909b7
Awesome. I checked it out and I left a comment on your blog!
ReplyDeleteCaught up once again. First Cameron and Michaela are in a interesting relationship. Forbidden love type of thing, I am curious to see if they can manage to connect despite the roadblocks.
ReplyDeleteSecond this is all Krysis fault really...or maybe I just want to blame him. I really don't blame Leigh for holding back the mystery of her parents death. It's not something that most people would like to revisit, especially if it was not a peaceful passing. Any ways I guess I just feel like what Krysis is hiding from Leigh is more relevant to her than what Leigh is hiding from him if that makes sense.
But I loved it, I do likes the drama!
Aeon,
ReplyDeleteYes, Cam and Mickey are forbidden love indeed. Connecting will not be easy, but so worth it in the end I think.
I know you're not a Krisis fan, and I don't fault you for a bit. LOL. But I agree, this all his fault, no one's to blame but him. And I think what you said makes perfect sense, what he kept from Leigh impacts her directly as opposed to what she's been hiding from him. I got ya!
Thanks for reading.
Whoopsy! Krimsyn...you let the cat out of the bag!But I can understand her slip of the tongue...she has a lot on her plate with JD.
ReplyDeleteLeigh has every right to be upset with Krisis for keeping that tidbit of info from her...but she hasn't exactly been truthful as well. I seriously hope that she can show some restraint like Krisis did and not confront him and let him tell her when he is good and ready.
Though what Krisis is hiding from her is far bigger than what she is hiding from him...two wrongs still don't make a right!
Ooo seek and you will find Leigh, looks like shes opened a can of worms! Eep i'm almost up to date! Also thank you so much for the facebook shoutout i really appreciate it and it means such a lot coming from such a talented writer :)
ReplyDeleteOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Another can of worms!!!
ReplyDelete