76. Writer’s choice-Justice

Genre: Paranormal romance, drama
Type: Series
Characters: Dr. Alison O'Hara, Bianca Rubble, William Thornton
Word Count:  1131 +
Warning:  none
Rating:  M- (coarse language, adult situations, nudity. N.B-Applies to the whole series)
Summary: Alison and Bianca are on the same mission...to ensure justice is served.
________

Bridgeport, present day...
If Dr. Alison O’Hara and Bianca Rubble had met months earlier, they would have had a lot to talk about while they waited in the foyer of the Vampire Council’s headquarters in downtown. They didn’t know it, but both women were there on the same mission…To put bad guys away, in the wake of Dr. Steinberg’s death.
Alison had called Thornton about an hour after she’d read the files. After an endless string of questions from his PA, a meeting had been arranged promptly for 9:15pm. Now, she couldn’t stop staring at the clock on the wall, urging the hands of time to tick faster so she could drop off the file and get the hell out of there. Vampires made her nervous, with the exception of Jacqueline of course since she never snacked on humans when she was alive.
She gave the blond woman sitting beside her a once over before going back to the medical journal in her hands. She stared blankly at the pages, unable to focus on the words swimming before her eyes. Obstetrics was a subject very dear to her, but at that moment, anxious and disturbed by the file in her handbag, she stopped trying to make sense of the medical articles after a long five minutes.
Bianca, having dated Beau for a little over six years, wasn’t bothered by the vampire officials swarming the room. She kept on popping her chewing gum, making a point of ignoring the disapproving stares from the redhead beside her.
Beau didn’t know she was there; she snuck out an hour after he left to attend to his shady dealings. If he so much as suspected her plan he would have killed her without blinking twice. That much she was certain of.

She flashed back to their argument soon after the news of the doctor’s death broke…She’d begged him to walk away from this whole mess, and he’d stubbornly refused, insisting he wasn’t done yet. He wasn’t leaving Bridgeport until he and Krisis were even.
Seeing that deranged side to him had scared her, and she’d known then and there she had to do something. He was a menace, putting everything on the line, and for what? A misguided thirst for revenge?
After a while, Alison got tired of Bianca’s distressing chewing. She left her place on the couch, and paced the room. For 9:10 pm the place was a hive of activity, almost as busy the hospital’s emergency room.
“Dr. O’Hara, Mr. Thornton will see you now. Please follow me.” Alison followed the tall young woman, Thornton’s personal assistant, up the stairs and then down a long, sterile hallway. They passed a few serious titles embossed on the nameplates on the doors.
The place reminded her of a hospital’s corridors, white, sterile, and so cold. After a few sharp turns, Thornton’s PA stopped abruptly in front an imposing door. She knocked once before hustling her inside.

“Sir, your 9:15 is here,” she announced, before retreating from the room.
“You have something for me.” William Thornton’s voice was low and raspy.

“It’s a file. Dr. Steinberg said I should hand it to you if anything happened to her,” she replied.

His intense brown eyes, gave her a quick once over, before returning to the skyscrapers beyond the glass. With a mere flick of his wrist, he motioned for her to drop the document on his desk.
Alison instantly disliked him. She found the air of indifference from him, rude and condescending. The man had no concept of social niceties. She wondered if he treated everyone this way, or if it was just humans he couldn’t be bothered with.
Reluctantly, Alison moved forward, and took out the file from her handbag and placed it on the edge of the desk before scurrying towards the door. Just as she was about to reach safety, he stopped her progress.
“Did you read it?” He asked, still staring beyond the glass.

He didn’t strike her as the type to mess with. He didn’t play games. If he asked you something, you answered…Truthfully.
“Did you read the file?” He asked again. In a split second he stood before her, imposing his towering height over her short stature. She gasped when she saw her mistake; in her haste to leave, she’d backed herself into the door, and there was no running from him.
Thornton’s fingers were cold as he tilted her chin, and stared deep in her eyes. She had a strange sensation of free falling. Voices she had never heard before were suddenly swimming inside her head, millions of thoughts she didn’t understand flew through her mind.
“I can do that to your fragile little mind, plant ideas and thoughts in your head. Make you hear voices, make you see things. I can read thoughts too, so don’t lie to me. Did you read the file?” He gritted his teeth, baring his fangs. Surprisingly though his voice was much softer.

“Yes, I read it. I’m sorry,” she cried, tears glistening in her eyes. She was convinced any second now she’d be served for dinner in the large conference room she’d passed on her way in.
This meeting never happened. You didn’t see or read the file. You took a wrong turn, and you don’t know how you got here. He caressed her cheek tenderly, planting the thought in her head. Alison, mesmerized by his words, nodded dumbly, a stupefied look in her eyes.
 “I took a wrong turn. I don’t know how I got here. I’m sorry,” she smiled apologetically, before rushing out of the door.
Half an hour later, Bianca Rubble’s face beamed with the same stupefied smile Dr. O’Hara had had earlier when she left William Thornton’s office. Strangely enough, Bianca felt proud of herself, like she’d done something ground breaking and moving, something good, for once. If only she could remember what it was she had done…
She blinked rapidly, taking in the bustling activity in the room. She remembered sitting on the couch in the waiting area, but after that her mind was a blank. She had no idea why she was there.
 
I must have taken a wrong turn. She thought as she walked to the rental car.
Suddenly she had an inexplicable urge to hurry home and pack her stuff. She was leaving Beau. He wasn’t good for her. Things were about to get ugly and it was best if she left town…

She stopped walking, and looked around her, wondering where the voice came from. She’d had no intention of leaving Beau. Until the voice told her to.

She would listen to the voice, because things were about to get ugly…

29 comments:

  1. OMG Val I love how you did this without telling us who he believes or what he plans to do about this! AH!!! I can't wait I can't wait!!

    I wanted Alison to fall down a hole and chase a white rabbit but being compelled is just a good!

    I sure hope Bianca got to tell him what happened before he did that!

    I loved every part of this! I could imagine the smell of the building, similar to the clean scent in the air of a hospital and even see the bronze name plates on the door! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qui,and I wasn't being purposefully vague. LOL!

    You're bad. Alison just wants to ensure justice is served that's all. She's one of the good guys.

    Yes she did, that's why she got the sense that she's done something groundbreaking and "good for once"

    That makes me so happy to hear that :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah, you know what? Your prediction might just come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how vague you were with this one. We have NO idea what Bianca said to Thornton, or any thought on what he is going to do!
    this is GREAT!
    It still worries me that "things were about to get ugly…" but that's life and GOOD STORIES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am assuming that Thornton heard two versions of events. I am intrigued to know how he will proceed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally listen to that voice too lol. I want the Late Night EP so bad!!!! I'm totally ordering that today. Vampires r HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holley, I'm going to echo what I said to Qui, I wasn't being vague intentionally :) But subsequent prompts will clear up any questions you may have on Thornton and what Bianca said to him.
    Thank you.

    It should. Now that Thornton has the files, it can't be good. The vampire council can't ignore it, they'll have to act. And a large part of their action will be influenced by Bianca's testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pixx, you like him too :D I guess he'll be making that appearance after all in season 3 ;D LOL. *squeals for LN*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seaweedy, you assume correctly :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~ You did so well with this prompt,just enough information,but not to much given away!
    ~ I love it!
    ~ You put that together fast! And flawlessly!
    ~ (",)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A friend of Dr. Bitch? A Good guy? I don't know Val...my black heart for that woman won't let me believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well the cat is out of the bag now...both of them. I am very intrigued to see how Mr. Thornton will go about handling this information from both sides.

    Bianca is leaving Beau...but why do I get a feeling it isn't going to be as easy as that...can it be?

    Things are about to get more than ugly and I can't wait to see how it all plays out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Qui,Thornton is not a friend of Dr. Bitch's. He's an official in the VC and anyone can contact him should they need some assistance or advice of the legal nature, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. NyGirl,you'll soon find out.

    Bianca is leaving Beau, and whatever she told the council will help with her clean escape. So she and Dr. O'Hara have safely made their exit from the story. Of course Bianca's storyline remains open.

    Hope I don't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I just finished playing my sims game and I was playing with Bianca and everyone she lived with (Including Beau (Bas-s-s-s-stard *Speaks like a snake))

    And I was giving them a make-over and while make-overing Bianca I came across the clothes Jackie worn last time we saw her (Before she was brutally murdered) and I recognized it and Now Bianca looks somewhat like Dr. Bitch...
    SCARY, but I laughed. She is my favorite now :).
    I think I'll put her in my story...:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved, loved, loved this!
    So much pot-stirring! I'm glad Bianca & Alison got a pass. (or at least as far as Bianca is concerned, for now)

    My favorite part?
    William Thornton is freakin' HOT! I was actually weak in the knees when I saw him!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Leah, I'd love to see what you do with her in your story :) I've started reading Infinite Night, and I'm on the 3rd chapter now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jill, really? Wow, that makes me so happy :)
    Yeah, Thornton would never harm them unnecessarily if he can use mind control on them. Bianca is safe, provided the VC acts swiftly.

    Seriously? I don't see it hey...LOL. Thornton looks just 'okay' to me. Not bad, and not wow either. He's actually Azrael, Toria and Storm's son in my legacy house, but I changed him up a bit, and when he turned into a vampire, that was the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job with the summaries btw, and great Job with Dr. Jackie's demise~

    Nice introduction to Thornton, I LOVE cool, detached men who seethe with passion underneath...he does seethe with passion...right??
    The mind control was fantastic. He is quite luscious, Is Thornton, hope we see much more of him!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ~ I'm sorry I did not want to give anything away,as I can 'SEE' who Thornton is!? ;)
    ~ (",)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh.
    Oh noes.

    WHO WILL THAT STRANGE MAN THAT IS MEAN AND UNPLEASANT BUT VERY HOT AND DROOL-WORTHY DECIDE TO BELIVE!? Will he belive that bianca was telling the truth about Beau and his crazy madness, or will he belive the photographic evidence that points the arrow at Krisis!?

    THE DRAMA! IT'S INTENSE!

    Loved the update, it was utterly amazing as usual! Can't wait for the next one, but im scared....!

    The odd strange man was thornton.
    He was still veeeeerry hot.
    Despite being...odd...

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think he will believe Photographic evidence more than Bianca...
    But I could be wrong or I could be right...
    Oooooo, the tense is killing me

    ReplyDelete
  23. Qui, LOL. I misunderstood you there. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Karen, I'm surprised and thrilled you read the summaries. Thank you. I hope Dr. Jackie's scene didn't traumatize you with all that blood.
    LOL, Yes he does...lots of passion.

    Thanks, glad you liked it. He's scary, but I'll accept the compliment on his behalf. And yes, we'll see more of him. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Karima, you can? Who is he, I wonder? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eni, LOL @ "THAT STRANGE MAN THAT IS MEAN AND UNPLEASANT BUT VERY HOT AND DROOL-WORTHY" You too? You think he's drool-worthy? He looks scary to me.
    In a few prompts your question will be answered, but he'll def pay attention to both the file, and Bianca's version of the events.

    I hope it's "INTENSE" good.

    Thank you, and you have reason to be scared, things can only go downhill from here.

    Yes, that was Thornton :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Leah, you may be on to something there. LOL. Don't worry, there will be an update today. Stayed up till late last night to work on the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow.. damn new guy is like ozzing with hotness. So much compulsion happening.. I wonder what may end up happening to Krisis...

    ReplyDelete