45. Sixth Sense

Genre: Paranormal romance, drama
Type: Series
Characters: Krisis, Leigh, Krimsyn, J.D.
Prompt:035. Sixth Sense
Word Count: 957 +
Warning: coarse language
Rating:  M- (coarse language, adult situations, nudity. N.B-Applies to the whole series)
Summary: Krisis has a bad feeling...

________

Shang Simla, present day

“I guess congratulations are in order then?” Krisis tapped his arm playfully.

“Yep, it’s game over for me,” J.D. replied, good naturedly. He’d just announced his engagement, and Krisis was happy for them.

“Good, I’m glad. It’s about time you made an honest woman out of my sister,” he added softly, gazing off into the distance.
He’d spent an idealistic morning with Leigh, and for a few hours he was ecstatic, until a deep sense of foreboding settled in his heart. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but he knew something was seriously wrong.

He could  sense trouble from a mile away. Things were too perfect, for him and Leigh, and now for J.D and Krimsyn.

Something was bound to go wrong.

“Are you okay?” J.D. asked, sensing his broody mood.
“Yeah, I’m cool,” he lied quickly and glanced outside the window.

Leigh. She took his breath away. And he loved her. So what the hell was he waiting for?

For a while  He watched her through the window, chatting animatedly with his sister, and he had a sense that was he was falling in love with her again.Was that even possible? She looked up, sensing his gaze on her, and she smiled, mouthing an “I love you” at him. He mouthed it back.

Yeah, what the hell was he waiting for?  He was going to propose to Leigh right now. He’d never been so sure about anything in his life.
Just as he was about to go drag Leigh away from his sister, his cell phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and his heart fell. Trouble had finally decided to call on him.

He was so tempted to reject the call, let her go straight to his voicemail. But then she could be in trouble, or there might be something wrong with the baby. He didn’t love Jacqueline, but he was forcing himself to care about her since she’s the mother of his child.
“Talk to me.” He answered the phone, and for a while he listened to her tirade. She was venting about the newspaper reports.

Apparently there was a picture of him and Leigh lip-locking, all over the news and the net, and her friends, Jacqueline’s,  were laughing at her because she was pregnant with his kid, and he was gallavanting all over Shang Simla with his pretty human. She went on and on, screaming her lungs out, and the more he tried to calm her down, the more agitated she grew.
“That’s it! If you don’t get your ass home, and help me with this shit  I will sue you for all you’re worth. I will seek sole custody of this kid, and you will never see him! Do you understand?”

“That’s not fair. You can’t do that!” He shot back, suddenly furious with her manipulation.

“Try me. If you’re not home by sunset, I’ll see you in court!”She sunk her claws deeper, tightening the noose. But he wouldn’t let her.
“Fine. I guess I’ll see you in court then!” He growled, all the while trying to keep his voice down. He didn’t want Leigh to know he was upset.

“Who do you think the judge will give custody to? Me, a prominent medical doctor, or you, the philandering rock artisit who’s forever on the road. Think about this carefully Krisis Frost. You don’t want to piss me off!” With that she disconnected the line, and he was left seething. He had no doubt in his mind Jacqueline would follow through with her threats.

“Is everything okay?” J.D. asked. He’d heard his raised voice from inside the shop. Luckily Leigh and Michaela had already gone back to the resort, and they didn’t hear his rant.
“No…nothing is okay! Can you believe her? She’s threatening to seek sole custody of the kid if I don’t come home and help her with the pregnancy. What the hell am I supposed to do? Hold her stomach? Carry her on my back? What?” He barked, gripping the phone tightly in his hand.

“I think she wants you to be there for her emotionally, that’s all. And occassionally rub her stomach and massage her,” J.D. offered. He was experienced in the art of nursing a pregnant woman. He’d be the first to say though, Krimsyn was not as demanding as Jacqueline sounded.
“I can’t man…I can’t stand being with her! Not after this! And you know what brought this on? Those damn news vultures, that’s what. They snapped a photo of me and Leigh and they’ve twisted it into something vile.

“You’d better learn to like her fast because she’s in your life for good!” J.D. offered. He hated saying it, but he’d told him so. He'd warned Krisis about getting involved with an ancient vampire. They were too crafty…Too slippery…

Krimsyn came to find him a while later. Evidently J.D  had filled her in on the saga with Jacqueline.
“That bitch! She can’t do that!” She fumed, and Krisis could only shake his head sadly. The truth was Jacqueline could. She’d probably slept with the judge too, so she could easily call in a few favors.

“We can fight this…We can take the baby from her,” Krimsyn carried on passionately. She had enough fighting spirit for both of them.

“How? She told me the judge won’t give me the kid because of my lifestyle, and the fact that we’re constantly on the road. Obviously they’ll side with the more stable parent,” Krisis explained.

“Stable my ass. That woman is crazy and possessive!” his sister hissed before walking away...


Continued in next prompt...read more.

8 comments:

  1. What Krimsyn said! What the hell is he supposed to do? Make sure she has enough blood, ice cream, and pickles? Jeez she gets under my skin too well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qui, I was afraid you'd blow a gasket. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ Up to her old demanding ways I see!
    ~ Krisis should lay down the law & not let her get the upper hand!
    ~ Loved it Val!(",)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karima, this is just the beginning. We haven't see her at her finest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daija "OMG what an amazing biotch!" that's why I love her so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn right, that Thing is crazy and possesive

    ReplyDelete
  7. - Oh HELL NO! I swear if it were anyway possible I would stick my hand so far in this computer and smack the taste of her mouth!

    -She really has gone off the rocker, who the hell does she think she is? Yeah your carrying his child, but damn get over yourself already!

    -You have captured the 'woman scorn' quite well, I feel for Krisis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, my moment of pitying Jacqueline has passed.

    ReplyDelete