Genre: Paranormal romance, drama
Type: Series
Characters: Leigh, Krisis, Vladimir
Prompt:015. Hatred
Characters: Leigh, Krisis, Vladimir
Prompt:015. Hatred
Word Count: 459
Warning: none
Rating: M- (coarse language, adult situations, nudity. N.B-Applies to the whole series)
Summary: the Laura effect
__________
Bridgeport, present day
Krisis took the decision out of her hands when he suddenly appeared beside her. The blond, his lady-friend, she’d seen hanging on to him earlier, inside the Theater, was gone now.
“I’m afraid that won’t be possible. Ms. Starlington has another engagement. With me!” His voice was low, but full of authority.
“Is that so? Funny, Ashleigh didn’t mention any engagement.” Vladimir shot back, refusing to back down.
Leigh saw the hateful glint in Vladimir’s eyes, before he quickly masked it with an amused smile. She’d never seen such pure hatred in anyone, and it was all directed at Krisis.
There was a story there, and she’d Google it later.
She glanced at her watch again, and silently willed her brother to show up. Things were getting too hot on the sidewalk, and the sooner she made her escape from the two men, the better.
“Ashleigh, my car’s parked out back, wait for me there,” Krisis said quietly, his eyes still fixed on the other man.
For a second Leigh didn’t react, convinced she’d imagined his voice. They never talked much when they bumped into each other at the Frosts, but things between them were civil…to an excruciatingly painful point. So hearing him, address her directly, was shocking.
“Ashleigh…NOW!” This time she heard him all right, and she didn’t like his tone.
“I don’t recall any engagement with you or anyone. And I do not appreciate your tone!” She fired back at him, and pushed up her glasses impatiently. It was obvious the two men had a turbulent history, and she didn’t want to get wrapped up in it.
She caught Vladimir’s self-satisfied smirk, and she fumed anew. He obviously thought by putting Krisis in his place, she’d automatically sided with him. Well he had another think coming.
She turned on him next.
“Mr. Schlick, it was nice meeting you, but I do not wish to associate myself with you, or any vampire in Bridgeport!” Blatant, ridiculous lie! There was one vampire she wished to associate herself with, but right now he was trying to control her life, and she didn’t appreciate that. Not one bit!
“You are a charming man, but I’m afraid your charms are wasted on me. I think you’ll do well lavishing them on a worthier woman.” She smiled sweetly at Vladimir.
“Good day, gentlemen,” she called over her shoulder and walked away. Devon had just pulled up.
Unbeknown to her, both men were thinking the same thing as they watched her get into her old raggedy car and speed off, with her brother at the wheel…The battle was on, and neither man planned on losing. Their burning hatred for each other would fuel this feud too!
It was Laura all over again!






Uhoh!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have this up for longer than 10 minutes :)You read pretty fast. LOL.
ReplyDeleteYou can say that again, UhOh! :)
~ Wow, it is starting to get intense,I know they hate each other by that short exchange,but I think neither man expected Leighs responce!
ReplyDelete~ Good to see her finding her voice, I think she will need it with those two!
~ Loved it Val,.......more PLEASE!lol!(",)
You know what, you're right, neither man expected her to be so assertive. If there's anything Leigh hates, it's being told what to do or someone trying to run her life, and you'll see this in later prompts :)
ReplyDeleteOMG OMG!!!!
ReplyDeleteLeigh sure had their number, and it was great to see her put them both in their place, but what a scary place to be! Vlad has got some mad mind control skillz to make her think he was handsome and charming - the man drips evil everywhere he steps!
Hopefully, Krisis will be able (and willing) to explain things to her so she knows what Vlad is up to! This is not a girl who will trust blindly, as he just saw! He's going to need to start earning her trust pronto if he wants to keep her safe!
I second that, I LOVE that she is finding her voice and standing up for herself! I find it funny...VERY funny that Krisis didn't care before and now he is "coming to her rescue" :D I like it but it's funny! Both of them and their denial amazes me. I wonder which is stronger and better at holding out!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS SO MUCH! I can't wait until the next prompt!
Jill, I concur on Vlad, there's no way in hell I would have thought he's handsome and charming, and the fact that he so willingly uses mind control on unsuspecting victims without a moment's hesitation is creepy :(
ReplyDeleteSeeing Vlad move in on Leigh was the wake up call Krisis needed to stop being ambivalent and indecisive where she's concerned. And you're right, Leigh may seem naive at times, but she's not so gullible and wide eyed after all.
Thanks for reading :)
Qui, Krisis saw something in Vladimir Leigh obviously didn't, and whatever it was, it was just the wake up call he needed to make up his mind, and stop being indecisive about his feelings for Leigh.
ReplyDeleteBut Leigh's not really in denial, she knows a certain vampire intigues her.Krisis is the one who's been struggling with his feelings. It would seem wrong and a little twisted to even entertain whatever feelings he has for her in the light of the fact that Leigh looks like Laura. But we'll see who's stronger.
Thanks for reading :)
strelitzia stole the words from my keyboard, and I want them back! I caught up again and am glad I did!
ReplyDeleteI liked Leigh in this, good for her for showing a spine of steel, unfortunately, that just stoked the vampires interest, and their feud, Nicely done!
ReplyDeleteOooooooOOOOOoooooOOO I like...
ReplyDeleteHoly hell! Leigh I applaud you for standing your ground and not hesitating to put each in their place, but now they want you more!! XD
ReplyDeleteI hate that she has the shadow of Laura around her.. :[
Its not her they are fighting for, its her appearance, who she looks like.
Well, if there's one thing this job is good for it's for giving Leigh her fighting spirit! Go her for turning down both of them!
ReplyDelete