Genre: Paranormal romance, drama
Type: Series
Characters: Krimsyn, J.D. Krisis, Beau
Prompt:007. Enemies
Characters: Krimsyn, J.D. Krisis, Beau
Prompt:007. Enemies
Word Count: 429 +
Warning: none
Rating: M- (coarse language, adult situations, nudity. N.B-Applies to the whole series)
Summary: Krisis learns some harsh truths
__________
Bridgeport, present day
“You’d better tell your brother to stay away from Leigh. I don’t want any trouble, okay!” Krimsyn glared at Beau. They were waiting for Krisis to show up so they could start band practice, and she’d caught the end of Beau’s conversation with J.D.
“What did I miss?” Krisis asked when he blinked into the room.
“Go ahead and tell him.” The black look in his sister’s eyes scared him, and he wondered what Beau had done this time…
Beau’s big mouth and his unquenchable thirst for cameras and attention from deranged paparazzi was a huge problem for the band. Their PR manager was constantly doing damage control with the media.
But he was the best pianist in Bridgeport, and that’s the only reason the band still held on to him. With his incredible talent, it was wise to have him on their side.
“Tell me what?” Krisis asked.
Strange looks, amidst frustrated sighs and groans, were exchanged between the other three.
He made a point of ignoring their theatrics, making his way to the bar to prepare himself a drink. He had a feeling he’d need one, when his sister or J.D. finally decided to come out with whatever was causing the friction.
“Vladimir wants Leigh!” Krimsyn caved.
For a long time her words were suspended in time, taking too long to reach their destination. But when they did, their weight hit him hard, and he struggled to control the sudden spark of anger and worry.
For a long time her words were suspended in time, taking too long to reach their destination. But when they did, their weight hit him hard, and he struggled to control the sudden spark of anger and worry.
So the old feud is still on…
He’d thought they’d buried the hatchet when Laura died. Obviously not!
Vladimir, like his brother, Beau, was one of the oldest and first vampires to settle in Bridgeport. Before Krisis came into the picture, Laura was romantically involved with him. He was what humans would call a 'loose cannon’. He didn’t live by the council’s rules, and if he wanted something, he went after it, no questions asked, and no permissions needed. Now Vladimir wanted Leigh...and the only reason he wanted her was to get back at him.
“It’s not our problem, Krimsyn,” Krisis mumbled at last, refusing to be drawn into Vladimir’s game. That’s all it was to him, a game, to see who would get Leigh, and only because she looked like Laura!
“How can you say that? You know Vladimir! And you know why he wants her!” Krimsyn yelled, bunching her hands into fists.
“I’m not getting involved!” Krisis retorted harshly, his voice ringing with finality. The feud with Vladimir for Laura’s love had damn well consumed him, and he wasn’t going there again…






Yeah...ok Krisis! I don't believe for one second that he doesn't care!
ReplyDeleteKrimsyn is like Dev to me. I just love her to pieces and can't explain why! Maybe it's her facial expressions but if she was real, no doubt we'd be friends!
I'm worried for Leigh! Vlad looks like a serious hot head!
You and his sister, Qui. Krimsyn doesn't buy his "couldn't care less" attitude.
ReplyDeleteI think I know what you mean...That's how I feel about Leigh, not because she's the main female character. But something about her, I think it's her facial expressions too, they just make me want to hug and kiss her. She's too adorable. I have tons of pics of her and I'll post some at DD.
Vlad is...:-/ He sees something, likes it and has got to have it. He hasn't met Leigh, but from what he's heard about her through Tamsyn, he wants her, and he's going after her, and screw anyone who gets in his way :(
Someone won't be getting much sleep tonight, and we'll see how long he can "stay out of it."
ReplyDeleteAgreed on the expressions - they make them so much more real and indearing and/or hated.
Poor Krisis, as if his naughty dreams weren't doing the job well enough :-/
ReplyDeleteJust when i thought it was impossible for this story to get any more interesting. Val! I'm not going to sleep tonight
ReplyDeleteHe can say he's not getting involved all he wants, he's not believing it himself!
ReplyDelete