If looks could kill Leigh knew she would have murdered Eloise by now.Her brother and best friend had summoned them to their home, and as soon as they arrived they'd come clean. About everything. From their stormy fight the night Blake ran away from home and Eloise changing Devon to their hunt last night.
Leigh was still trying to process the shocking revelation that her brother was no longer human when Eloise got to the heart of their meeting. She was scared, for her and Devon's lives. She thought the Vampire Council would do something to them, get rid of them somehow and she wanted them to speak with Thornton and explain that their hunt last night was a terrible mistake, and they didn't mean to cause a shit storm.
Krisis looked downright uncomfortable. Sure, he and Thornton were on speaking terms, but they were not close enough for him to start asking for favors. Besides, Krisis felt his father had done more than enough for him and Leigh and their kids already. He honestly didn't want to ask him for more. But he could see how desperate Eloise was, and he hated seeing her backed into a corner like this.
Leigh didn’t look thrilled either. She felt Eloise was abusing their relationship, pushing the boundaries of their friendship, crossing lines she shouldn't cross. But like Krisis, her loyalty to her best friend took precedence over her anger. Eloise had seen her through her worst and she was always there for her when she needed her. Right now she needed them, and like it or not, they were family, they had to stick together.
"I know I-" Eloise was saying now.
Leigh cut her off though. “I warned you that Cruz is trouble!"
Devon suddenly looked intrigued, "you knew about Cruz?"
Leigh tried to avoid his question, but her brother wouldn't let up.
"When did you find out about him?"
"It doesn't matter Devon, you know the truth now!" Leigh shot back defensively.
The harder Leigh tried to withdraw from the fight, the more determined Devon was to pull her back in. And from there it was downhill. Their talk turned into an argument and it escalated. Loyalties were questioned, blame and accusations were thrown back and forth.
Eventually Krisis and Eloise had to step in. But nothing they said could erase the hurt between Leigh and Devon.
Krisis thought it was better he and Leigh left. Eloise didn't try to stop them. It was probably for the best, some breathing room was much needed.
On their way home Krisis tried to cheer Leigh up, but nothing he said seemed to help. She flicked on the stereo and So Epic It Hurts filled the car. He'd written the song for her right after she vanished from Bridgeport when Jacqueline compelled her. It was her favorite song from the entire album, and she always had it on repeat. For a while he let her play the song over and over, eventually though he got tired of hearing himself, he hit the pause button on the stereo and pulled over.
Leigh glared at him for a bit before she looked away, staring at the drizzling rain outside her window.
"Why didn't you come to me Leigh?" He asked.
"What difference would it have made?"
"Probably none, but I would have loved to be there for you."
"It's nothing," Leigh shrugged her shoulders dismissively.
But Krisis knew it wasn't as simple as that. "Yes, it's everything; you are fighting with Eloise, probably not on speaking terms with Devon now."
"We'll work it out, he's just angry, that's all," Leigh replied.
Krisis nodded. It's not Devon he was worried about. It's her friendship with Eloise and he told her this. “You and Eloise might not though. I saw the way you were with her today; you couldn't even look at her."
"She's changed so much!" Leigh played with her hands on her lap like she always does when she’s anxious.
"You've changed too. I know I have. Krimsyn and J.D. have, Cameron and Mickey. We are all not the same people we were a year ago. A lot has happened to all of us since then. Eloise went through so much too. And she had no one to share it all with. Can you imagine how lonely she must have been?"
"That was her choice! I'm always here for her when she needs me," Leigh sounded adamant, and Krisis knew trying to reason with her when she was so emotional was pointless, but he had to try and help her fix the damage with Eloise.
"I'm just saying we've all changed Leigh. Eloise is like a sister to you, don't let anger and hurt feelings come between you. She's in trouble, she needs you." Leigh knew he was right about everyone changing. She just wished she could have a little more time to get used to it that’s all.
"I don't know what to do, how to reach out to her. It's this Cruz, I'm telling you!"
"We don't know that," Krisis shook his head as he shifted the car into gear.
"Yes, it is. Before he showed up, Eloise was just fine. But now... I feel like I don't know her anymore!" Leigh explained.
"Then get to know her again, do the things you loved to do before I came along. Get her involved in your gallery!"
"It sounds like you want me to date my best friend?" Leigh smiled her first real smile that day.
“I don't have a problem with that, as long as it's me you come home to, and it's my bed you warm up at night!" He smiled back, showing his fangs, and Leigh had an overwhelming urge to kiss him.
"Hey, I'm driving," he gave her a playful smirk.
"When has it ever stopped us before?" With that, Leigh leaned in for a kiss...















Very mad at Eloise and Devon..mad at all of them. However Leigh is right her BFF has changed and I don't think it can be fixed.
ReplyDeleteAlthough Krisis was funny when he teased Leigh about dating Eloise again. :)
I think your anger is perfectly understandable. Why can't they all just get along and tell the truth? I'm with you on that one. LOL, glad you liked the bit with Krisis. Thanks for reading!
DeleteLeigh has a right to her anger. Eloise's lies and half-truths have caused a lot of trouble. Now her brother has been turned as a result. It's a mess and Cruz is at the center. I can't believe after all the lies, after hearing Thornton already warn them, Eloise still refuses to do the one thing that could save their asses! And Dev is letting her???What? I get he's (Cruz) is her connection to figuring out this new life (read your other reply) but seriously, somethings need to be let go of for the greater good. Granted Cruz doesn't appear to be causing harm, but still he needs to come forward. The family is falling apart and I get that loyalties are being tested. Leigh has lived in a bubble wrapped up in her own thing, so she may have been a neglectful friend. She has had people around to help her with the change, so that is something she has to consider.
ReplyDeleteI don't know, this is all a big mess and I don't see an easy or clean way out of this. Eloise needs to make contact with Cruz and clue him in on the shit storm he's causing. He'll either step up and help out or he'll be a dick and let her world crumble.
Somehow, from your last comments, I kinda guessed you'd side with Leigh on this one. Nope, El is not going to give up Cruz, not unless she has a guarantee that the Vampire Council won't harm him in any way, and keeping him alive is in her best interest, but you're right, a meeting with Cruz is in the card, a couple of updates from this one, but whether or Cruz will help Eloise out remains to be seen. The right thing to do would be for him to come out of hiding and help clean up the mess they started, but if he does turn himself in, then his sister doesn't stand a chance of ever being rescued from MorcuCorp. It's both in Eloise's and Jupiter's interest that he doesn't meet with the Vampire Council, unless of course they can help too,
DeleteThanks for reading.
This is a very awkward place for Leigh and Krisis to be in. Devon is just itching to learn dirty details that will give him a reason to fight, he's being ridiculous. His wife is in a real mess and he is now part of that mess and he has to grow up and look at this differently. He has me a bit mad.
ReplyDeleteAgreed, Eloise put them both in an awkward position and because of their history with Eloise, they (especially Leigh) can't refuse to help her out. I admit, I never saw Devon's action from that angle, when I wrote that scene he was genuinely hurt that Leigh kept something so huge from him. He didn't expect that from her. You're right though, he does need to come to the party now and rally around his wife because they are both in this mess together. Thanks for reading.
DeleteAouch. Vampire and werewolf as best friends... That couldn't go too well. I hope they can work it out.
ReplyDeleteThey'd both like to work it out, but too much has happened between them. Fixing their friendship will take some work, for sure.
DeleteThanks for reading!
~ Oh,my gosh,this is all escalating out of control,will they ever sort it out???
ReplyDelete~ I loved that Krisis told Leigh to date Eloise,or do what ever it takes to get her friendship back,that he will understand! LOL! Love it!
~ I love the second last shot the most in this,a smoldering,troubled Krisis,his face says it all!
~ Sorry not my best comment! ;) (",)
~IKR! It's like everyone's pulling in different directions, and now more than ever they all need to be on the same page.
Delete~ LOL, He doesn't mind sharing, just cos it's Eloise.
~ That's one of my fav shots of him too. But I have another fav coming up in a couple of dates. That one just melts my heart.
~ Best or not, it made me smile.
Thanks for reading!
I feel so bad for Leigh :( I hope her and Eloise's friendship can be saved..
ReplyDeleteI don't know what to say. I don't know, really, why Leigh has to make what's going on with her friend and brother so personal. I'm not saying it wasn't explained; I just don't like how she's making this affect her. Maybe it's just me. I kept thinking that she needs to get over it, not make it personal, and help the ones she loves.
ReplyDelete