210. Make or Break Your Dreams

Warning: language

Bridgeport, present day...
Leigh was laid to rest on a bright sunny Tuesday morning at Eternal Rest Cemetery next to her mother.

Only her family and a handful of close friends attended.
Krisis' eulogy reduced everyone to tears, it was a beautiful tribute to a beautifully spirited woman he loved fiercely and without reservation.
Devon recited "Do not stand at my grave and weep" a bereavement poem by Mary Elizabeth Frye. It was the same poem Leigh had recited at their mother's funeral; Krisis knew it was one of her favorites, and he thought it was fitting for Leigh, she wouldn't want them to grieve, and she’d want them to celebrate her life by remembering her as the fun, big hearted, loving person that she was.

Krimsyn, Eloise and Michaela sang "Amazing Grace" as the coffin was lowered to the ground, one by one, silently, they all shuffled closer to the open grave to say their final goodbyes.
Cameron and J.D. helped the kids throw clumps of earth and white roses over the mahogany casket.
Krisis broke down at last when his time to let go of Leigh came. He'd kept it together for as long as he could, tried to be strong for everyone around him, especially his kids. Until now…
The drive home from the cemetery was subdued, everyone was lost in their own thoughts, trying to make sense of the past few days and find ways to move forward without Leigh. It was an impossible task, her presence lingered everywhere, in their homes, in their minds, but most of all in their hearts.
As soon as they got home, Krisis packed his kids' bags, getting ready to ship them off with their aunts and uncles.
Having them around hurt, they were a constant reminder of his failure as a husband and a father.
They all cried when it was time to leave.

Lily begged and screamed "I promise I'll be good daddy, don't send me away" over and over. And Krisis tried to explain to her that he wasn't any good to any of them right now. His grief was still too raw, his hurt still too fresh. But he assured them he loved them very much.
"If you love us, why are you sending us away?" Azalea asked in her small, baby voice. Krisis died his second death when he heard her words, and he couldn't give her an answer.
"Ohana means family daddy, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten," Ariel reminded him. It's something Leigh had taught them; she'd heard it from some Disney animation.
"I know," Krisis held her tightly to him and kissed her forehead.

Krimsyn and Eloise came in then, they were ready to leave.
"Be good daddy," Kristian called over his uncle’s shoulder as they were leaving. That too was all Leigh, and Krisis broke down again. Was there anything she hadn't taught them?
Through his tears he watched his family pull out of the drive way. Michaela and Cameron left first, with Eloise and Devon following closely. Krimsyn and JD were the last to disappear from view, and Krisis returned indoors.
He turned off all the lights and drew the blinds before he sat down on the couch in his living room.
Five minutes of silence proved to be too much for him. He grabbed the bottle of Vodka at the bar and took one long swig.
Before long, he'd drunk half the bottle, but the ache in his heart was still there. He drank some more, smoked a heck of a lot too, he was determined to outwit the pain.
And that became his routine over the next few days. He’d drink himself to a stupor, wake up, shower, drink some more and pass out in whichever room Leigh's presence felt the strongest.
He missed dozens of meetings and band practices, ignored a lot of phone calls too. Soon people started calling his home phone, but his answering machine took care of them.
One evening, drunk out his head, overwhelmed by his grief, he sat down at the dining table and began writing his note.

The thought had crossed his mind plenty of times over the past few weeks, but Leigh’s words when they’d visited her father’s grave soon after they were married, always held him back because he didn’t want to be like her father and lose sight of what’s important. He didn’t want to take the coward’s way out. Until today, until now… 
When he was done with his note he went to his safe, and took out his gun, and just as he was about to load it, his home phone in dining room rang. The answering machine picked up after the third ring. It was Thornton.
"There's a man. I think he can help you, Krisis, he can change everything, take you back to the start. call him-"
Krisis grabbed the phone from the hook before Thornton could hang up.

"Help me how?" He asked. His voice sounded hoarse and gruff, not surprising since he'd done nothing but drink, and smoke and cry over the past few weeks.
He listened to Thornton for a few minutes, nodding his head absently, forgetting the other man couldn't see him.

He was a little skeptical of Thornton's man, but he took down his number anyway.

Thornton tried to get in his head and get him to open up, but Krisis quickly cut him off and ended the call.
"I guess our appointment is postponed," he whispered at the gun in his hand…
It rained cats and dogs the day he was supposed to meet with Dr. Swarovski, Thornton's man.
But nothing could keep him away, not even the rain.
If there was a small chance that he could fix this, redo everything, he'd take it.
At Bridgeport’s Medical Centre, he found the lab without any hassles.
Krisis was surprised at how young the doctor was.

"Shouldn’t you still be in school?" he demanded as he glared at the youngish looking scientist.

The doctor looked taken aback by his question and for a second or two he looked lost and confused, and a little unsure of himself. But he quickly regained his composure and his eyes hardened a little.

"My age has nothing to do with my capabilities, I can make or break your dreams Mr. Frost," he straightened his back a little more, his voice growing more confident with each word he uttered.
Krisis returned his unwavering gaze, all the while wondering what in the world had possessed him to come here. He didn't know much about quantum physics, but common sense told him he'd hurt a lot of people if he went ahead with his insane plan. But he was hurting without Leigh, he had to try...

"Your father, I mean, Mr. Thornton told me-" The doctor was the first to back down; his words pulled Krisis out of his moment of indecisiveness.

"Can I see it?" He got straight to the point, ignoring half the things the other man was saying.

"Of course," Dr. Swarovski led him to his work area.
Like a magician, the doctor unveiled his life's work with a dramatic flick of his hands as he removed the tarp. It made a loud whooshing sound as it cascaded to the floor.
Krisis stared at the monstrosity in front of him while the doctor got rid of the tarp. 
The machine looked nothing like what he'd seen in the movies. This thing looked like an ancient elevator, and the idea that it could make all his dreams come true was just ludicrous.
Krisis laughed a bitter, scornful sound. He'd wasted his fucking time.
"Where’s the fucking time machine?" He asked when he was sure he had a handle on his anger.

"This is the time machine, Mr. Frost," the scientist replied.
The rest of their meeting was spent discussing the mechanics of the machine and a bit of quantum physics.

Dr. Swarovski felt Krisis had to understand the basics of the science before he could attempt to jump into any time stream, let alone change the future.
"Most people think of time as linear, but in reality time is relative-"

From the passionate way the doctor scribbled equations on the board, erased them, only to scribble more of the nonsense he called science, Krisis could tell that this was a subject very dear to his heart.
"So it is possible to go back to the past and change the future?" Krisis interrupted the doctor before he could get carried away.

"Yes, yes, it's not just a possibility, it's a proven fact!" The doctor beckoned for him to come closer and check out his log book.
It took Krisis a few minutes to realize he was looking at the doctor's personal experiments on the time machine. There were columns of  data showing moments he'd tapped into the time stream, most of them lasted no longer than five  minutes. But what fascinated Krisis the most was the correlation between the days of the experiments and the slight tremors experienced in Bridgeport.
"That was you; all those tremors were not real tremors? You were just tapping into the time stream?" Krisis asked, but it was really a rhetorical question.

The doctor nodded effusively, he looked very pleased with himself.
"Why don't you ever stay longer than five minutes?" Krisis questioned as he went over the log once more.

"it's simple physics Mr. Frost, the longer you stay in any given time stream or the further you go back into the past, the greater the potential to radically change the present and the future, or-" His voice trailed off, it seemed he'd said too much.
But Krisis wouldn't let him off the hook so easily. “Or what?"

The doctor wrung his hands, he was obviously uncomfortable with the direction their conversation was taking, but since Krisis was going to be paying a lot of money to rent the time machine he deserved full disclosure.

"Yes?" He prodded the doctor.

"Or the greater the risk of staying stuck in that time stream." Dr. Swarovski replied at last.
Krisis fell silent, thinking over the doctor's words. He hadn't decided just how far back he'd go; the doctor had certainly given him a lot to think about.
"Is there anything else I should know?" Krisis addressed him again; he was getting ready to leave.
"Yes, when you jump into any given time stream, it's not just your past, present or future you change."

"I don't understand! I thought I'll go in, get my wife and come back?" It was Krisis' turn now to look uneasy.

"It’s not that simple. You don't go in to grab someone; you go in to change the past and carry on from there, thereby creating a new present, and a different future. If you go back let's say to the day you met your wife, changing your initial contact will effectively change how the rest of your lives play out. You may fall in love, get married and have kids, but those kids won't necessarily be the same kids you have now."
“Are you saying that this reality, my kids, the band's success, my father, might not exist in the future I recreate?"

"Yes, Mr. Frost, that’s exactly what I'm saying.” With that the doctor brought the day's lesson to an end.
Krisis left the hospital feeling more vulnerable and confused than he was when he came in.
But as confused as he was though, he couldn't let go of the notion of the time machine. 
He wanted Leigh. He'd give anything to have her in his arms again, to see her smile once more, to hear her laugh, and make love to her, to dream their dreams together. He'd do anything to feel alive again. Leigh was his life, without her he was nothing. Without her, he didn't want to be anything...
His announcement when he broke the news to his family was met with mixed reactions.
Michaela and Cameron opposed him outright; they accused him of being self-centered and inconsiderate.
"You can't play God! It's not right!" Cameron raged at him.

Krisis took his wrath like a man, he understood his anger all too well, and it was justified. If he did go back to the past, Cameron and Michaela might not exist, he could very well marry Sylvia.
Michaela couldn't imagine a life without Cameron, after everything they'd been through, after everything she'd been through in her young life, she felt she deserved happiness, and Cameron was her happiness.
She tried to appeal to Krisis to change his mind, and when that didn't work, she played on his guilt by using his kids.
"Look at them!" She shrieked at him, as she pointed at their photographs covering the walls. Thankfully the originals were outside, playing in the garden so they were not exposed to the war the adults were engaged in.

"Can you honestly let them go? Write them off and pretend they never existed?"
Her words stung, they cut through him like a knife, creating more doubt and dissonance in him. But he still wouldn't back down. Leigh was his life. Without her, he and his kids were nothing.
Katie and Thornton were caught between a rock and a hard place.

Thornton would lose more than most in the room, he’d never have this relationship he had now with his kids and he might never meet Katie in the new future Krisis would create, but his son’s happiness meant everything to him.
Krimsyn and JD were half in, half out. They didn't like the idea of their unborn child, the triplets and Lily not existing. But this was also their chance to correct their past mistakes and be better parents to Michaela and they explained this to her.

"Don’t you see? Everything I went through, Blake going missing, my blood lust in Hollow Creek, Joshua-" the room went deathly silent when she mentioned her fledgling.
"I’m sorry," she put up her hands in an apologetic gesture, Joshua was a septic wound in all of them, and not talking about him was making it fester. Soon it would start to rot and smell and none of them would be able to cover it up.

"But I'm the person I am now because of the person I was then, my experiences, have shaped who I am. And just so you both know, I think you did a pretty good job raising me, look at other celebrity kids, I could be just like them, if not worse!" Michaela continued in a softer voice now.
Her words, as true as they were, brought JD and Krimsyn little comfort, they felt they'd let her down in so many ways, and Appaloosa Plains was something they could never forgive themselves for. And if they could undo it, if Krisis could go back to the past, perhaps they wouldn't even have to forgive themselves because they'd pay more attention to her, put her needs first, help her through her bloodlust, and maybe, just maybe they'd all come out happier.
Eloise and Devon who had been sitting quietly through the exchange finally shared their thoughts on the subject.

There were things they would like to change, like Eloise's lycanthropy. But there were things they also wanted to hold on to, like the love they shared and their son. But ultimately the decision was Krisis’.
"If you want to play God, be prepared for the consequences," Michaela warned him as they were leaving.

Krisis didn't say anything to her parting shot, there really was nothing left to say. He'd made peace with his decision.
He'd go back to the past, to his sister's living room where he met Leigh. He'll walk in and see her sitting anxiously on that lime green couch, but instead of mauling her, he'll take her in his arms, and tell her how much he missed her before she came into his life. And maybe, just maybe, the sincerity in his words will sweep her off her feet, and she'll let him in and allow him to love her forever.
Yes, he'd go back to that day, and tell Leigh about this reality, about their kids and how happy they were, and if he's lucky, she won't think he's insane.
And it was these thoughts that carried Krisis over the next few weeks, they gave him hope, and a reason to believe in something again.
And it was the dreams he’d shared with Leigh he thought about now as he approached the time machine in his dining room and prepared to take a giant leap of faith.
The tension in the room was unbearable, the air fraught with expectations, anger, and high hopes.
Michaela and Cameron's bewilderment was so strong it overpowered everyone else's emotions, and for a second Krisis found himself crushed under its heavy weight.
But then thoughts of Leigh and everything he had to say to her resurfaced and propelled him forward, taking him one step closer to the past.
Dr. Swarovski keyed in the coordinates on the time machine, it was really the date and the estimated time of the day he first met Leigh.
"Mr. Frost," Dr. Swarovski waved at the time machine, the coordinates were in place.
"Ohana means family, daddy," Ariel’s voice pulled him back, he glanced down at all his kids. The confusion in their eyes was unbearable, and for the first time since he decided to do this, he started to seriously question if he was doing the right thing.

"And family means no one gets left behind," Azalea added.

"Or forgotten," Lily chimed in.
Krisis knelt down then and took all four of them in his arms and squeezed them, "I know darlings. I know. But I have to get mommy, okay, then we call be together again."
Dr. Swarovski cleared his throat. He was getting impatient. They had to move things along.
"I love you all so much," Krisis told his kids as he straightened up from the floor.
"I’m ready," he turned to the doctor, but just as he was about to step into the time machine, a tiny hand pulled him back.

“Daddy, wake up!”
Krisis groggily sat up on the couch, gasping and fighting for air. 

"Mommy's awake, her eyes are glowing!" Kristian squealed gleefully.

It took Krisis' fatigued brain a few moments to process his son's words... 

________

Special thanks to Clarisse for her drunk pose pack found here, it's gobsmacking fabulous.

37 comments:

  1. wow yeah so glad that was a dream. First I knew you couldn't really kill Leigh. But secondly if that had been real Krisis would have gotten one hell of an earful from me! Seriously he was prepared to be so selfish as to mess up everyone eles's life so he could get Leigh back. As his family I would have tied his ass to a chair and not permitted him to go there. His kids, his sister, Mickey, no one really matter but him??? UGH again so glad that was a dream because as you can tell he royally pissed me off with that one.

    Deep breath rant over. So yay Leigh is alive and a vamp. The Frost household just got a whole like more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ the rant.

      Perfectly understandable. It would have been a selfish thing to do, and in his waking moments, it's not something he would do, or I'd like to think he wouldn't.

      Yes, Leigh is alive and all vamped up it would seem. Agreed on their lives, it's going to be interesting for Leigh to see life from the other side.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes things are best left Unsaid like this chapter. But I loved it :)

    Awesome chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, you are such a *witch*!
    Great chapter, you really had me fooled until the end. I hope he will dream more about going back in time. I did wonder why he couldn't go back to the point that she got shot, so nothing would change much. Can't wait for the next chapter and see the vamp Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ Dutchy,

      I like that, being a witch! Do I get to have magic powers too *sticks tongue out at ya*

      Yes, I think if it was reality, he would have chosen to go back to that moment, not too far off like when they first met.

      Vamp Leigh is in the next update.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Waaaaaut!!! What just happened? Did he dream this whole thing or did he wake up in a new present???

    Post the next one NAOWwwwwww!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx,

      Yeah, it was all a dream. Nope, still the old present. LOL, working on next update, it should be up soon soon.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad that was a dream. I can't believe Krysis would be so selfish. I was sitting there thinking if he does go back why not back to where she got shot instead of their first meeting. Because then they would still have all their kids and nobody else's lives would get messed up. Also when I started reading the chapter I had to check to make sure I didn't miss one somehow. Anyways great chapter. I also have ch.2 of my legacy up. Here is the link.
    http://theleelegacy.blogspot.com/2012/12/gen-1-chapter-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna,

      You and Krisis both, I think. Subconsciously perhaps, as his dream has shown, his desire to be reunited with Leigh could lead him to act irrationally, but in reality it's not something he would do, he loves his kids, and his family. I think that was the major giveaway, that it's a dream, the fact that he wouldn't go back to the day of the shooting.

      Thanks for reading, Anna and I've checked out your 2nd chapter, it was great!

      Delete
    2. Third chapter is up. I now just have to write out four and post it. In game i am working on ch. 5. Also I added a follow button.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Anna, I've read and commented.

      Delete
  6. Haha, you really got me there. First I was surprised and shocked that Leigh died and then I thought "Well she will wake up as a vampire, of course." so I was settled on that...then the time machine made it final. She wasn't going to wake up as a vampire! Oh, so she really is dead then? Well guess so...and Krisis is really going to go back in time? He was really being so selfish, willing to leave his children behind and willing to mess with everyone else's life just to maintain his, if such a time machine existed they should destroy it! Too dangerous!

    With all of that said I eagerly look forward to seeing Vampire Leigh! Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that was the idea and I'm glad it worked on you and Dutchy.

      Agreed on the time machine, if it ever existed the whole world would be a mess. The dream that he just had is really his fear of losing Leigh, but in reality it's not something he would do, it's not just his life he'd have to consider, and he loves his kids, he could never write them off.

      Thanks for reading Aeon, and vampire Leigh is in the next update.

      Delete
  7. omg omg omg!!!! What will happen next?????? This chapter was AWESOME!!!!! Please can i haz updatez soonz?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      I'm glad you found the chapter AWESOME, I worried you'd kill help Pixx and JM kill me. And yes, you'll have an update soon.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. okay, first of all. mean trick. meanie! ;)

    Second of all, Marge Hudson and that mad scientist need NEVER meet. Scientist versus psychic witch = not pretty.

    Third, and others have said it, I kept saying why the heck doesn't he go back to when Leigh was shot? But you already explained that.

    So the whole thing was a dream? Even the funeral? Or did the dream start out of one his drunken stupors... hm, but the kids were home and they weren't home in his drunkenness.

    ? o.O ?

    Still, loved it as always. I can't wait to see Leigh as a vamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you too, you fell for that one. LMAO!

      Yes, agreed on Marge and the Scientist, they should never meet, or the world will be a much messier place than it already is.

      Yes, that has been covered in my previous responses.

      Yep, the whole thing was a dream, so essentially the 1st chapter of this volume was only the last 2 screenshots.

      Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you loved it.

      Delete
  9. It was a wonderful update. I felt pain, desesperation, hope and joy.
    Krisis had a big dilemna. He had to choose his family or Leigh. I didn't envy his position. If the time's machine works like in Code Quantum, why not but happily it was a dream. And i 'm happy Leigh is alive...YES.

    Thanks for your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarisse,

      TY, that means a lot to me. And I'm so very glad that Krisis' emotions, dreaming or not, shone through in this update.

      I agree, he did have a big dilemma and I wouldn't want to be in his position. I've never watched the show, but you're right if it worked on the same principle and no one would get hurt in the process, I also say why not.

      Yes, Leigh is alive and not so well, but she's alive, that's all that counts I suppose.

      No, thank you for you awesome creations.

      Delete
  10. OHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDD.

    I was NOT expecting that! At the end of the last season, it seemed like everyone was thinking "No way, not gonna happen. She's a vampire, no doubt about it" but after this chapter you had me so hooked on to this new story line. I actually believed that she really did die and basically all hope was lost. But then again, I still thought back to how Krisis bit her and was wondering how that was supposed to tie in. Also alike the other readers, I was thinking why on Earth he wouldn't just go back to the day of the shooting. No need to jeopardize everybody else's life!

    So excited that the new season started! (oh and by the way, if you were wondering if I'm getting anywhere with writing a story, the answer to that is sort of yes. Honestly, my realistic goal is getting it out before summer. Meanwhile, you could probably get in multiple seasons by then, but I'm just kind of slow at this since I'm new to stories and modding. The idea is there, it's just all the stuff I need to do in the game to get the pictures for it. Once I get started, it'll move faster I'm sure)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen,

      LOL @ the "OHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDD"

      IKR, about last season, I don't think a lot of people actually believed she's dead. I thought about it, but like the rest of all my characters I've grown very attached to Leigh. I don't have the heart to kill her off.

      I'm so glad you liked the new story line. It was really a "what if she'd really died" kind of piece. But I also wanted to show Krisis' mental state over the past few days since the shooting. His strange dreams I suppose are really his fears of losing Leigh.

      I'm pleased you're making progress with your story. I seriously can't wait to read it and hopefully get new inspiration from you and learn a lot of new things too.

      As for multiple seasons to Krisis, I'm not so sure. Volume 6 looks set to be the final volume.

      Thank you so much for your feedback, I really do appreciate it.

      Delete
  11. Oh wow what a twist. I loved it!
    Did he effectively go back in time? Was it all just a dream, the funeral, sending the kids away, all of that was a dream? Did he really succeed in changing her and she was never buried? On the time machine, fantastic idea and loved the doctor :) Krisis was thinking to go way back, but wouldn't going to the day of the shooting have resolved everything by him just preventing it? Or would his daughter's vision still outweigh that preventive measure? And since she does have the ability to see the future, if Leigh is really saved, would the death just happen again? Krisis was a mess there, and it's really unbelievable that he would send away his children. That should have clued me that it wasn't really real, or was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You're alive! I was so worried about you.

      *big, gigantic, humongous HUGS* I've missed you so so much!

      Yay, I'm glad you loved the twist. And yes, it was his fears translated into his dreams. He didn't go back to the past and change the future. It was all a dream. The more I worked with the time machine, the more I loved the idea, but going down that route would have invalidated a whole lot of things, and taken away a lot from all the characters.

      I think you're onto something about Ariel's visions, and Leigh's death, it could have very well happened again if it was one of those predestined events, some things are really inevitable. Shikes, I soumd so muddled up right now, and I wish I could explain it better.

      As for Krisis, he loves his kids, and the only time he would send them away is if he didn't think he could do a very good job of taking care of them. And so far he's really been hands on in their upbringing and they are as much part of him as Leigh is, they all make him whole.

      Thanks so much for your comment and welcome back.

      Delete
  12. O my God, I thought you had been serious, kill Leigh, it was impossible, luckily it was just a very bad dream.
    I love your story is beautiful, the 'I read it in two days and my husband called me crazy because I could not tear myself away from the computer
    compliments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, new reader *does happy, happy dance*

      Thanks for reading Krisis and dedicating two days to it, I really appreciate the time you took to get caught up.

      Yes, it was just a very bad dream. Sorry for giving almost giving a lot of readers heartattacks.

      Thank you for the compliment, hearing this from a new reader makes sticking with the story all the more worth it.

      Again, thanks so much for reading Krisis and for leaving me feedback.

      Delete
  13. Sheesh...what a chapter. I'm glad Leigh is alive, cause I was getting ready to yell and scream. I really, really hate when a favorite character gets killed off, sometimes to the point where I stop watching or reading the series. I was fully convinced Leigh survived as a vamp, then her funeral was the first picture of this chapter. Aaarrrggghhh! She couldn't have killed her off. She has to come back somehow. Maybe she's not really dead & will break out of her coffin. All of these thoughts were rolling through my head. Then the time machine came up & I wasn't sure if I was happy or upset. Going back that far would've meant all their enemies they finally got rid of would still be alive. The close calls that Leigh had might just kill her the 2nd time around. I thought Krysis wasn't thinking very wisely at that point. Just go back to about an hour before the shooting, & everyone would be happy. I'm so glad it was just a dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, another new reader! I think I'm going to die from all this excitement.

      It sounds like you've been reading Krisis for a while, if I'm correct, thanks so much for coming out of lurking and leaving me feedback. And if I'm wrong, thank you all the same, your comment had me chuckling, smiling, almost crying, yeah, I think I must have gone through every emotion imaginable just reading it.

      I think you and Krisis both are glad she's alive. Killing Leigh off would have taken a huge chunk from the story. Krisis can't exist without her, after all the story was born because of the two of them, and over the last two years it's evolved to include other characters. And I know what you mean about when characters get killed off. I think I'm a lot like you in that regard, my heart gets so sore I stop watching or reading the serial.

      A large part of this chapter was really me getting back at some of the ladies in The Coffeehouse, a small group I belong to on Facebook, sort of like an inside joke. But when I started working on the time machine story line, the idea appealed to me more and more, and I thought maybe I could make it work. But it really doesn't fit Krisis, maybe some day I'll write a sci-fi and use the time machine. And you're right, for Krisis to go back that far, it would have messed up a whole lot of lives, not to mention cancel out everything I've written until now.

      I think I gave clues along the way to show it's a dream, for one the fact that he'd chose to go back that far, and the other clue was his gun, in Volume 5 he got rid of it because Leigh hates guns.

      I followed the link on your name back to your blog, and I see you're starting a story. I'd love to read it, drop me a link when you finally post a chapter.

      Thanks again so, so much for your feedback, it's really wonderful hearing from new readers and getting new perspective.

      Delete

  14. OMG wait!!! I'm so confused!!

    Does this mean Krisis dreamed this whole time travel thing while waiting to see if Leigh's transition went off without a hitch?

    or

    Does this mean that all of that really happened and Krisis went through with the time travel and things are going ok so far?

    You cannot do this to me Val!! I need more and I need to know what really happened. I no like cliff hangers! No pressure *cough* to put up another update very very very soon... ;)

    On the time travel note: Why did Krisis choose to go so far back in time to when he first met Leigh? Surely the further one goes, the bigger the repercussions and changes to the present and future? I'd have thought he would have went back to that day at the supermarket to minimise the chances of altering everyone's lives drastically..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish!

      So so sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean to. Yes, Krisis dreamed the whole thing, while waiting out Leigh's transformation.

      And no, the time travel was all a dream. In the next update, (picking up from when Krisis wakes up) it's basically three days after Leigh gets shot.

      That was the biggest hint I suppose that it was a dream, the fact that he wanted to go back so far into the past. If it was reality, he would have most likely chosen to go back to the day Leigh got shot, it's a sensible thing to do.

      I thought I'd have time to keep up with the weekly updates, but sadly RL has become busier. Hopefully soon I can find some time to update again. It's written, I just need pictures.

      It's always good to hear from you, Trish. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. Ah no hurries for the next update! I totally understand what it's like to be swamped by RL... it's quite a bother actually :

      Maybe I just had a brain fart...I should've been able to decipher that it was actually a dream. I guess it just seemed so real! Yes, it is because your writing is just that amazing :)

      Will be eagerly awaiting the next update
      xx

      Delete
  15. Shew! Glad that was just a dream, the whole way through i was screaming at Krisis going what are you doing argh!!!
    He did save Leigh!!! I just hope she is the same as she was before she died, becomming a vamp doesn't change you does it? I mean your personality etc. Will be interesting to find out.

    Hope rl lets up so i can has me an update/hugs...edenz~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Val, you have such a way of grabbing my heart! So sad at first, feeling for Krisis and the kids!

    I hope this means that Leigh is going to be okay. So exciting!

    Again the sets were great and the shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad I finished the past 5 installments. Now I can finally be up-to-date with everyone else. Omg I am utterly confused, so Leigh is alive after all and it was just a dream? I hope so! I'm totally getting a twilight flashback with reading what Kristian said about the glowing eyes lol.

    ReplyDelete