206. Come To A Head

Warning: language, nudity and violence

Appaloosa Plains, present day...
It was Joshua…He kicked the door shut so hard Michaela was convinced it would fall off. She anxiously tucked the covers tightly around herself as she held his intense gaze.

“My father told you to leave us alone, why are you here, Joshua?” She stammered, her voice cracking just a little, betraying her fear.

“Your father is a stupid man!” Joshua raged at her as he kicked off his shoes.

Michaela shrunk visibly at the violence in his voice. She closed her eyes, hoping that when she opened them again he’d be gone. And she almost burst into tears a second later when she saw he wasn’t a bad nightmare she'd soon awaken from, he was really there.
“Did he think he could buy me off? Absolve you of your crime?” Joshua demanded as he continued to strip off his clothes and throw them on the floor.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Michaela cried in a small voice.

“You know damn well he tried to pay me off to leave town, but I didn’t leave Michaela. I just did a very good job of staying in the background. I’ve been watching you since then, waiting for this perfect moment. So here we are, and my aren’t you a sight for sore eyes!”  

Michaela watched in horror as her fledgling quickly unbuckled his belt and shrug out of his pants, exposing the clearly visible erection in his underwear.

She wanted to get up from the bed and run, but Joshua stood between her and the door, the look in his eyes told her she’d have to go through him first if she wanted to leave the room.
“Cameron will be back, you’d better leave now,” she tried a different tactic, hating herself for sounding so scared and pathetic, hating Joshua for what he was about to do to her if she didn’t put on a good fight.

“No he won’t. I made sure of it. When he gets to the office, the receptionist will keep him entertained; it’s amazing what I can buy with your father’s money,” he smiled smugly at her. In a flash he was on the bed, but she quickly scrambled away from him, falling face down on the floor.
“You made the call?” She asked as she slowly crept away from him. She didn’t really care about his answer, she was trying to delay what seemed inevitable, prolong it for as long as she could.

“Genius don’t you think?” Joshua nodded. When she didn’t reply he went in for the kill, “You really should close the blinds Michaela. You put on quite a good show and you got me so excited, now you have to finish what you started.”
“Fuck you,” Michaela screamed, feeling rage for the first time since he walked into her room uninvited.

“Trust me you will fuck me, we have the whole night,” Joshua swooped on her then, she kicked, shoved and pushed as hard as she could, but he soon overpowered her, and brutally ripped her nightie, leaving her naked and vulnerable to his lascivious gaze.
Michaela felt violated, she burst into tears as she tried to cover herself and get away from him at the same time. But he tripped her with his foot and she screamed out in pain when she hit the floor.
“Stop fighting me, you know I love you, and you love me too. This will be so beautiful, just stop fighting me,” Joshua growled in her ear as he pinned her on the floor, one hand held her right arm over her head, while the other kept trying to force her to look at him.

Michaela tried to knee him in the groin but he was too quick, laughing at her attempts he ducked away, only to plop down on her again not even a second later, slobbering her with unwanted kisses.

“Please Joshua, don’t do this,” Michaela begged as she tried to push him off. “Don’t do this. I’ll do anything you want, just don’t do this!”
The door opened suddenly and Cameron walked in. Halfway to the office in the outer building he’d realized he forgot the key card to his, and he’d turned back to get it thinking the receptionist might ask for it.
The look in his eyes was murderous when he approached Joshua. With no effort on his part he roughly yanked him away from Michaela and threw him across the room.
The young vampire landed on the wall with a sickening thud. At blinding speed Cameron was all over him, beating the shit out of him.
Cameron’s rage knew no limits as he kicked and punched the hell out of Joshua. “You piece of shit! After everything her parents have done for you! After everything Krisis has done for you, this is the way you repay them?”

Joshua tried to fight back, and he landed a few punches and kicks of his own, but as a youngling, he was no match for Cameron. He soon gave in and begged for forgiveness.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I wasn’t going to do anything.” He lied. But Cameron was not in a forgiving mood.
Somehow, through all the chaos in the room, a stunned Michaela scrambled to her feet and ran to the bathroom, her whole body trembling from relief and unshed tears.
Katie, who up until now had been sleeping quietly in the room next door, rushed in when she heard the commotion. Fearing for Joshua’s life she called the ranch’s management.
She was about to call Krimsyn and J.D. when they strolled in, they were outside, stargazing and trying to come up with a name for their baby when they heard the racket in Michaela’s room. She quickly fed them the few details she had.
J.D. lost interest halfway through her explanation; he jumped to Cameron’s aide, all his hate and rage for the young Vampire poured forth as he went at him relentlessly, and Katie kept begging them to stop.
But her pleas fell on deaf ears. Things had finally come to a head; they were beyond being reasonable, and she was so afraid they’d kill him …
Krimsyn went to the bathroom find her daughter and she died a thousand deaths when she saw her cowering in the corner, looking battered and bruised.

For one split second, undulated rage consumed her and she wanted to head back into the bedroom and finish off the psychopath responsible for her daughter’s heartbreak.
“I’m so very sorry,” Krimsyn broke down as she helped her up from the floor, and wrapped a clean towel around her.
“He never left, mom. He was watching me the whole time. Why didn't he leave? Dad told him to leave. Why didn't he?" Michaela screamed hysterically, and all Krimsyn could do was to hold her and comfort her as best as she could, her heart bleeding for her shattered innocence.
Krisis and Leigh, on their way back from the stables were also drawn to the brawl. The sense of betrayal they felt when Katie filled them in was almost crippling, it felt very much like that time two weeks earlier when they connected Joshua to Beau.
The sheriff was called in by the ranch’s management and they hauled J.D., Cameron and Joshua to the county jail.
J.D. and Cameron were booked for third degree assault. It was a misdemeanor in Appaloosa Plains, and it  carried a maximum sentence of two years in a county jail and/or a fine. 

Joshua was held for attempted rape, if convicted he could get up to five years.
For what felt like hours Michaela sat numbly in her seat as the Sheriff took her statement. At one point she broke down and cried, it was bad enough Joshua had attacked her, and now she had to keep going over the details again and again, it was like a bad dream, a never ending bad dream, it excruciatingly painful. 

Eventually Krimsyn snapped at the Sherriff and told him to back off.

“I’m just doing my job ma’am,” the Sheriff smiled at her sincerely. But Krimsyn had long since passed the stages of pleasantries. 
Katie’s patience, like Krimsyn’s, was wearing thin, very fast. She didn’t understand why they didn’t just lock up Joshua in the tiniest cell and throw away the key. He was a sociopath, and the sooner society was rid of him, the better.

The young officer taking her statement wasn’t interested in her opinions though, he just wanted facts from her.
Three hours later, J.D. and Cameron were released after Jessica paid their fines. They were both grateful to learn Thornton had pulled strings to fast track their case.
None of the friends Joshua had called  for help wanted to post bail for him...

25 comments:

  1. Told you he'd come back. No one wanted to help haha serves the bastard right. Pity Cameron didn't kill him but unfortunately the police turned up to soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lckygrl, yeah, it was too good to be true. And if Cameron had killed him, it would have ended up beimg a bigger mess. Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  2. I'm pissed at the fact that Joshua is still breathing. This was their second chance to get rid of that freak once and for all and they didn't? Wtf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx, yes, it is disappointing that Josh is still breathing, but on the bright side, he's behind bars where he belongs. Thank for reading, chat to you on Facebook.

      Delete
  3. omg!!! I just knew we hadn't heard the last from Joshua. Michaela won't be safe until he is locked up or dead!! I hope JD and Cam don't have to serve time for giving him what he sorely deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      Yay, it's alwys great to hear from you. No, Joshua was bound to resurface again, he had unfinished business with Michaela. No, they don't have to serve time, Thornton made sure they got away with a fine. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. he needs to stay there and rot for what he attempted to do. Glad Cameron came back when he did otherwise it would have been much worse for Mickey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz, I agree, he does need to stay there. Hopefully he will. True about Cam, things might have been far more worse. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. WOW very amazing chapter. I'm happy that no one bailed Joshua out of jail and I hope he is not out any time soon. I was happy that Cameron stopped the rape and hope Michaela will end up ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, you're right, he needs to stay there, Mickey will never be the safe if he's out. It will take time, but Mickey should be fine, she has a strong support system. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. Awww, Joshua you are such an idot. I use to feel a little sorry for the guy, until he attacked Michaela. He could have handled this situation a whole lot better. I guess the guy does not think out his plans long term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy,

      His true colors shone through in this chapter, it's so unfortunate that Michaela had to get. And you're right about Josh, he is impulsive and rarely thinks things through. Thanks for your feedback.

      Delete
  7. Wow. I wanted to get in there and beat the crap outta Joshua myself. He didn't actually do anything physically to her, did he? I'm SO GLAD Cameron came back. I knew when J.D. got involved Joshua's chance for survival dropped dramatically. They need to just cut his head off and drive a stake through the empty place where his heart should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal, I feel your anger, and no he hadn't gone that far when Cameron came in. Yeah, cutting hia head sounds like a plan. Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  8. JM, easy there, I think it's best you stay on the other side of your screen or you'll be joinimg Cam and JD in prison. But on a serious note I understand your frustration, bear with me please. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad jail isn't good for holding an immortal monster. Not like they can keep a vampire forever!

    It seems the only way Michaela will be safe is to kill Joshua. I wonder if there is still that Sire-Fledgling bond between them that would make it hard, or if seeing him dead would make her happy?

    I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so true hey, about an immortal monster, I forget sometimes that Josh will live forever.

    Yes, agreed on killing Josh. They never really had a great bond to begin with, so I don't think she'll be too broken up over his death, if it ever happens of course.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I knew it was Joshua. I had had a smal shred of hope for him that he could be helped, but the attempted rape just went to far.
    And I'm so glad Cam got back in time to keep it just attemtped rape!
    I wouldn't have blamed him or JD if they'd killed Josh at that point.
    I hope Michaela is going to be okay after such a traumatizing experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,

      LOL, yeah, I'm not good at suspense and mystery. I understand your hope for me, I think JD and Krismyn also wanted him to be saved, but in the end he showed them his true colors. That's true about J.D. and Cam, it would have been a justified killing. It will take time, but I think she will be okay, she has a lot of supportive people around her.

      Thanks for your feedback.

      Delete
  12. 5 years is nothing to him (or anyone else)! He'll be out of there and 5 years and he'll be looking for her again :/ I mean the first beating didn't teach him a lesson so the second one isn't going to either. He's so obsessed with her, one thing being locked up will do is give someone a lot of time to think and all he's going to do is just think about her!

    I feel bad for Michaela though obviously. She is lucky that she has so many that are going to protect her otherwise..............

    Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aeon,

      That's very true, five years is too little. J.D. made the mistake of letting him go once, I don't think he will again, not when he's seen the kind of threat Joshua is. I shudder to imagine him thinking about her, but you're spot on, his obsession with her will only strengthen with time.

      Indeed, she is lucky and grateful for all the support around her.

      Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  13. I knew it was him at the door!

    He should have known better. He really needs to be locked away and have the key thrown away, if they don't he will either kill someone or JD/ and or Cameron will spend the rest of their lives in prison for killing his sorry ass.

    5 stinkin' years. Ya know what, 5 years aint crap for a vamp and if he pulls those 5 years the only thing he will have learned is that he needs to make a better plan next time...argh! So frustrated with him.

    Poor Micky, I hope this won't make her push Cameron away. those two so deserve to be happy....edenz~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eden,

      Yeah, that wasn't much of a suspense on my part.

      Very true, everything you've mentioned, especially about JD and Cameron, is quite possible.

      I feel your frustration, and five years is def too little for a Vampire. Hopefully it doesn't get to the part where he comes up with a better plan.

      It's like you're in my head about Mickey and Cameron. I'm so glad you mentioned that.

      Thanks for your feedback.

      Delete
  14. Good! Let that scumbag rot! He just fills me with anger. Creep creep creep creep!

    Great chapter Val!! :) the action scenes were riveting though I wish the Sheriff hadn't been called in. I'd have loved to see the damage Cameron & J.D. Could've done to that whorebag.

    Excuse my language (>_<)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They need to lock Joshua up and throw away the key! Oh, I so felt for Mickey! This will be hard for her to recover from. She will probably have nightmares after this, reliving it over and over again!

    Joshua better be glad that the police arrived or I bet that J.D. and Cam would have killed him. I still have a feeling that his time his short. If he gets out I don't think they are finished with him.

    ReplyDelete