Michaela went straight to Cameron’s place from Hollow Creek. She jumped in his arms and kissed him as soon as he opened the door.
“What’s wrong?” Cameron brushed her hair away from her face, he could read her like a book, and he knew she wasn’t okay.
She tried to avoid his gaze, but he gently lifted her chin and forced her to look at him. When he saw the tears in her eyes, he pulled her tightly to him and held her.
“I went to Hollow Creek today,” she began after a long pause.
“Why?” Cameron asked.
Michaela didn’t reply. Instead, she untangled herself from his embrace and began sifting through his fridge, looking for ingredients. She wasn’t hungry but she needed a distraction while she tried to get the heavy weight from her chest.
For a while they worked in silence. Michaela fired up the stove and the pots, while Cameron chopped and diced onions and peppers.
“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” He couldn’t take it anymore, the anxiety, her sadness, her worry was filling up his kitchen, making it hard for him to breathe.
“I will. Just not right now, please,” she smiled at him as she removed the saucepan from the stove and turned off the knobs.
Over their dinner of spaghetti bolognaise and red wine, Michaela finally opened up about her to trip to Hollow Creek, Joshua, his peeping tom habits and the stuff he did to his sister’s friend.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Cameron pushed away his plate; he’d suddenly lost his appetite.
“I knew you’d be upset and you’d want to fix it. He’s my responsibility, I made him into this monster so I have to handle him,” she replied.
“No. From what you’ve told me Joshua was a monster before you turned him,” Cameron got up and began clearing the table.
While they washed the dishes Cameron kept trying to convince her to tell her parents, but she wasn’t budging. She thought she’d put J.D. and Krimsyn through enough with her bloodlust in Hollow Creek.
Long after Michaela had passed out in his arms, he was still wide awake, thinking about Joshua. He was a predator. Guys like him never stopped at just watching, they always wanted to act out their fantasies. Guys like him didn’t deserve to roam free. He had to do something about him…
As if Michaela was privy to his thoughts all along, she suddenly opened her eyes and brushed his cheek. He caught her hand and kissed it.
“Promise me you won’t do anything to him, please.”
“Only if you promise to tell your parents,” Cameron tried to get her to change her mind, and he was surprised when she agreed without putting up a fight. She was obviously tired of carrying all the weight on her own; she was ready to accept their help…









I love Cameron's place. It is so inviting, crisp and pure. I adore that second to the last picture. :) I am glad that she has told him and they don't have that nasty secret between them. I hope she does follow through and tell her parents, but I wonder how receptive they will be. Krimsyn I think will be, but J.D. seems besotted by the son he never had. (Maybe those two need to work on that.) I can't wait to read more. Loved it. :)
ReplyDeleteFae,
DeleteThank you. I love it too. I should actually do a tour of all their places, I promised Holley I'd do Leigh's and Krisis and I never got around to it. Maybe this weekend.
Yeah, it's a relief for her to have finally shared everything with someone. She knows Cameron has the means to get rid of Joshua, so to avoid jail time for him she'll more than likely stick to her promise.
As for J.D., he's taking on his daughter's responsibility as Joshua's Sire yes, but he's def not besotted with him and the idea of a son he never had. He does enjoy Joshua's company in the light of the fact that his own daughter barely spends time at home. Also I must emphasize the many faces of Joshua Clarke. Joshua is an entirely different person when he's with J.D. and Krimsyn, he doesn't show them his nasty side, he's a model house-guest and him being on his best behavior makes him likable.
Funny you should say that about the two of them working on a side. It's a storyline I'm tossing around for season 6. Needs more thought and planning though.
Thanks for reading!
Yes finally!!! I'm so glad she told someone and that Cameron got her to agree to tell her parents. She needed to share that burden, it was too much for her to hold to herself.
ReplyDeleteYes, yay. She told him!
DeleteThanks for reading.
Wow, so glad I finally got caught up again. I really hope Mickey does tell her parents and soon. Hopefully before he has a chance to do anything more disturbing than he already has. What a big mess they are all in.
ReplyDeleteJust realized I'm signed into a different account, but this is Demenshia :)
Dem,
DeleteYay, I'm glad you caught up too. But you didn't miss too many updates. That's true, she needs to tell them before Joshua gets out of line.
Thanks for reading!
I am so glad that Mickey is starting to open up! She is too young to handle this herself and it was too much on her emotionally and mentally.
ReplyDeleteCam was right to tell her to open up to her parents. They need to know what they have living in their home and what a threat he is to their daughter!
I agree with Zhip! Cameron's house is just the kind of place you would picture him living! I love the way he treats Mickey!
Daisies,
DeleteShe's reached her breaking point I guess. You're right, it was too much for her to carry on her own.
I also think Cameron gave her good advice. Hopefully she takes it. Krimsyn and JD do need to be informed about the darkness they have in their house.
I'm with you and Fae there, it's so Cameron, his place. Mickey is his queen I guess, who would have known an eighteen year old would soften him up.
Thanks for reading.
Wonder how Krymson and DJ will handle the news about Josh...sounds like he was heading down a bad path before Mickey ever even met him, i sure hope they get this shit with Beau and the rest out in the open soon, it's drivin me nuts!=b...edenz~
ReplyDeleteEden,
DeleteThanks so much for catching up and for all your comments on the other chapters.
Tomorrow's update will deal with J.D. and Krimsyn.
Again, thanks for reading!
Cam is right Mickey needs to tell her parents and they need to sort it out or Cam will do it and Josh will end up dead if that happens
ReplyDeleteTrue, about Cam. Thanks for reading!
DeleteCam has a good head on his shoulders. I'm so glad he convinced her to tell her parents. If he took matters into his own hands it would get ugly quick and he would end up the one in trouble! Joshua needs to be dealt with quickly, if he decides to go after Mickey it will end very badly!!
ReplyDeleteKelly,
DeleteI like everything you said about the Josh/Cam situation. And you're right, it's exactly why Mickey agreed to tell her parents, she knew Cameron would to apeshit on Joshua, he already doesn't like him for the stunt he pulled when he kissed her, it's worse now that he knows what Joshua did in Hollow Creek.
Thanks for reading!
Yay! I'm happy Mickey finally opened up to Cam about Joshua. He's right about something needing to be done about the little creep. Seriously, if something happens to Mickey at his hands, or anyone else's, I don't even want to think about what would happen to poor Cameron. Anyway, before I get into some sort of psychotic rant, great chapter, Val! Can't wait for the next update!
ReplyDeleteCadence, Yay, I'm happy to hear from you!
DeleteAnd like you I'm also happy she confided in Cameron. I guess all the votes are in then, the tribe has spoken abiut Joshua. We'll see though how things unravel over the next few chapters. You're right it would be such a tragic shame if something happens to her.
She really should tell her parents...not only for her sake but for their own. They need to know the type of person Joshua really is because he seems to be getting close to JD. It's dangerous to have that type of person around when he has other agendas y'know? They all need to know who the real Josh is!
ReplyDeleteAeon,
DeleteI'm so glad to see a comment from you. Thanks!
Yeah, she needs to tell her folks, and you're right JD does seem to be getting close to her, so he needs to see the real him before something nasty happens to his daughter. Thanks for reading!
Well, that's that. It's going to take a miracle to keep JD from killing him outright. This should be interesting, looking forward to how this problem is resolved... Assuming it will be of course.
ReplyDeleteI always try to get all the storylines resolved/wrapped up and this one with Joshua is no different, so it will be resolved soonish. Thanks for reading!
Delete