They finally made the trip to Hollow Creek despite Joshua’s protests. They’d been trying for a while now to get him to see his parents, and every time they were supposed to go he’d cancel at the last minute, using work as an excuse.
For Michaela, sitting with him at the back, the drive was too long. She wasn’t sure if she liked him anymore. At first she thought she did. Or maybe it was her guilt at play. But over the past few weeks, she’d caught him doing things that had quickly changed her mind about him. Things like watching her through the keyhole on her door. Yes she’d caught him red handed on a few occasions. Once he’d also ‘accidentally’ walked in on her while she was in the shower.The way he ogled her parents too when they were kissing was just creepy.
Michaela didn’t think of herself as a prude, and she liked that her parents were still affectionate after so many years together, but she didn’t get excited when she saw them making out. Joshua though, on the times she’d caught him watching them, had seemed enthralled, like he too was part of the action.
His behavior made her uncomfortable and she wanted to tell him to stop, but she didn’t know what to say to him. She’d thought of telling Cameron, but she knew he’d kill Joshua if he ever found out he’d seen her naked, no matter how accidental it was.
“You look lovely as always, Michaela,” Joshua’s voice interrupted her thoughts. She jumped guiltily, wondering if he could read thoughts yet. She hoped not.
“Thank you, Joshua.” Her smile didn’t reach her eyes. She regretted turning him, regretted Hollow Creek, and not for the first time since he walked into her life, she wished he’d just disappear. She hoped when his parents saw him they’d convince him to stay with them.
And they did try, over a breakfast of waffles. Joshua though was having none of it. He liked Bridgeport, loved living with J.D. and Krimsyn and his 'Sire' as he affectionately referred to Michaela.
“But Josh, we also miss you here. We need you around the house, your father hasn’t been well,” Mrs. Clarke tried persuading him.
“Mother,” his harsh growl stunned everyone, “I am NOT coming back to Hollow Creek!”
J.D. decided to jump in then and clear the tension. “Don’t worry about him Mrs. Clarke, we’ll look after him. He’s an amazing boy.”
“See,” Joshua turned to his parents with a smirk. “I’m learning so much from J.D. and Krimsyn. I think it’s best if I stay with people who are like me. They understand me.” And that was the end of discussion. Joshua left then to check on his old friends, he promised he’d be back in time for their drive back to Bridgeport.
Michaela helped Ellie clear the dishes while her parents spoke with the Clarkes about Joshua. She had an ulterior motive though for helping; she wanted to learn more about her fledgling. Maybe if she saw him through his family’s eyes, she’d learn to like him again, and maybe she’d discover she’d just been overreacting, seeing things that didn’t exist.
Talking to Ellie though didn’t uncover anything new. Ellie loved her big brother, she missed him dearly and sometimes she wished she could come up to Bridgeport and live with him. But she could never do that to her parents; they were already heartbroken over losing him.
“Did Joshua ever do anything to make you uncomfortable when he was living here?” Michaela decided to cut to the chase; it was obvious the nice approach wasn’t going to get her anywhere.
“Like?” Ellie asked. It was brief, and barely noticeable, but Michaela had seen the way Ellie had tensed up at her question. There's a story there.
“I don’t know. Weird like come into the shower while you’re in there. Spy on you through the keyhole. Or ogle your parents when they kiss,” Michaela laughed, trying make her questions come off as a joke.
“Like some kind of peeping Tom you mean?” They were sitting on the stoep now, staring at the neighbor’s house across the street.
“I-Uh-Eh,” Michaela stuttered. Put like that, it sure sounded sick.
“He’s not like that! Josh is a good boy. He’d never do anything sick and twisted, and I can’t believe you’d ask that about him!” Ellie yelled at her a little too defensively in Michaela’s opinion.
Before she could press on and dig deeper, Ellie ran up to the house and almost collided with Krimsyn and J.D. at the front door.
Mr. Clarke could see his daughter was upset, and he tried to get her to tell him what was wrong, but she ignored his anxious questions as she disappeared inside the house.
“What did you do to my sister?” Joshua asked from behind her.
Michaela slowly turned away from the commotion at the door, and appraised him, “Nothing. We were just talking.”
“Why don’t I believe you?” Joshua was smiling, but his eyes were as cold as ice.
“I don’t know and quite frankly I don’t care, Joshua. I’m going to say this once and once only, I know what you did. It’s sick. And I hope you don’t carry on with it,” she hissed at him and ran to the car. She wanted to lock the doors, but that would just raise her parents’ suspicion, they were still talking to the Clarkes on the stoep, Joshua’s parents were obviously making it hard for them to leave.
She curled herself up into a small ball in her little corner when Joshua jumped in beside her.
“No one will believe her.” He told her, the crazy smile forever present on his face.
His words filled her with dread and fear, and raised more questions than she’d had before she spoke to Ellie. Though his statement scared her, she’d never give him the satisfaction of knowing he’d gotten to her.
“For your sake, let’s hope you’re right because Cam will destroy you if you ever tried anything like that on me again,” she told him.
“Or maybe, I’ll kill him first,” Joshua retorted. “Now, wouldn’t that be something?”
Michaela shook her head. She wanted to say something, anything to wipe the smirk off his face, but Joshua was on the ball.
“I think it would be in your best interest to be nice to me. After all you robbed me of my life. You owe me,” he continued.
“You forgave me,” Michaela reminded him.
“I told you what you wanted to hear.”
“You’re sick!”
“That’s purely subjective,” Joshua retorted.
When she didn’t have a comeback for him, he hurtled on. “This is how it’s going to work, your parents like me and I like them too. And I love you. But Cameron I don’t care so much about. I understand that you think you love him, and I’ll give this thing you have with him a chance, it will soon run its course. I’m a patient guy, but don’t push me Michaela.”
“Or what?” She challenged him.
“Or you’ll lose what you think is dear to you.”
“You don’t stand a chance. Cameron is way older than you and more powerful; he’ll kill you before you can even blink. My parents will too. The only reason you are still breathing is because I feel responsible for what I did to you. But you, too, shouldn’t push me.”
Joshua kept quiet at her words, thinking, mulling them over. He obviously decided there was some truth in her threat and he didn’t fight on.
“I’m willing to forget this conversation ever happened. I won’t tell my parents that you’ve been spying on me and them if you promise me here and now that it’s the last of it.”
“I promise.” He thrust out his hand so they could shake on it.
Michaela reluctantly took it, allowing the devil to buy her silence.
As much as she wanted to believe his promise, she couldn’t. She’d seen the evil in him when he’d threatened her. And that kind of darkness doesn't just go away with a shake of hands.
But for his sake, Michaela hoped he wouldn’t force her hand…













Josh has no clue who he's up against. Cam and her parents would only be the beginning. He has Krisis and not to mention her grandfather. That boy is sick and twisted. He must have done some things to Ellie as well, this can't be new behavior. I hope someone does something about him before he tries anything with Mickey. He's making me nervous. I'm more scared of him than I am of Carmen.
ReplyDeleteMica, that's true. I don't think Josh really knows who he's dealing with. All he knows about the Frosts he learned from Beau, and only the stuff he wanted him to know, he has no idea how far Krisis can go if pushed. And as for Thornton, he has the means to make him disappear if he so wishes. Luckily for him, he seems to have bought himself some reprieve with his truce with Michaela. But we'll see how long that will last. And you're right, this is not new behavior as we'll find out in a later chapter. Michaela really chose the wrong prey when she walked into that bar, and this sort of makes you wonder who the real hunter and prey is/was in their situation.
DeleteThanks so much for reading, I really do appreciate your feedback.
Oh man, poor Michaela. She should have told her parents, especially knowing he did something to his sister. If you can do that to your family, you'll do it to anyone. What a creep! Hope they all figure it out before it's too late!
ReplyDeleteDem,
DeleteThat's true, and Mickey's silence will keep helping him to get away with the stuff that he does.
Thanks for reading!
I thought Carmen was meant to be the crazed Sociopath not Mr. Cute Face.
ReplyDeleteShort for the short comment, I rushed reading this and had to comment. I'll get a better one later...
MissLeah97
Carmen is crazy in her own way. Thanks for reading.
Deletewhat did that twisted sicko do to his sister?? I really hope at some point Cam is allowed to end him =]
ReplyDeleteKelly,
DeleteIt's so great to hear from you. Thanks so much for all your feedback on previous chapters, your return to Krisis really means a lot to me. We'll find out in a few chapters about Josh and his sister. And as for Cam, he would love to have a go at Josh.
Again, thanks for reading.
Mickey has to tell her parents and Cam now and sort this out. I could go on but think I summed it up :)
ReplyDeleteI think so too, about summing it up, you did it perfectly. Thanks for reading!
Delete~ I know you will laugh at this Freedom,but the more I read about Joshua,the more he creeps me out,so add to the list, of spying on her parents(unknown to Michaela!She only knows about the creepy way he watches her affectionate parent!) deliberately walking in on her in the shower,& peeping through key holes(which Michaela caught him doing,more than once!)& now his sister is covering up for him:“He’s not like that! Josh is a good boy. He’d never do anything sick and twisted, and I can’t believe you’d ask that about him!” Ellie yelled at her a little too defensively in Michaela’s opinion.& “Like some kind of peeping Tom you mean?”
ReplyDelete~ He is getting creepier by the minute!
~ Love it,more please!(",)
You too? LMAO. Today's update is the last bit of this story arc, so Josh won't be creeping you out for some time. And Ellie is def covering up for him, what though remains to be seens.
DeleteThanks so much for your feedback.
Not good. He was never a good guy from what his words rather implied about his sister. Beau picked the right sicko to be his spy and catalyst. Michaela feels guilt, I can understand that, but she also needs to heed her instinct that says he is one creepy guy and a bit off in the head.
ReplyDeleteFae,
DeleteYes, Josh was never a good guy, and meeting Beau sort of brought the psychopath in him. I think in the next chapter Mickey will take some of your advice.
Thanks for reading.
So Joshua has done something sick to his sister! I don't know if I want to find out what it was!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that Micheala reminded him that she is the older one too! I think that he needed that reminder. She may end up having to kill him. He is a pervert! To think I liked him and felt sorry for him at first! Not anymore! He gives me the shivers now!
Another great chapter! Another update tomorrow? I know I'm greedy! LOL
Daisies,
DeleteWe'll find out in a few chapters about Josh and his sister.
Josh did need to hear a lot of things that were said to him, and his talk with Michaela seemed to have put him in his place for now. Pervert is def one of the words I'd use to describe him.
Thank you. And yes there will be updates till I run out of steam.
Thanks so much for your feedback.
I wonder what he did to his sister. I'm not worried about Michaela, she's related to crazy people like J.D. and Krisis so there's obviously some fight in her, I'm sure Michaela will kill Joshua faster that Cameron ever could if he crosses her.
ReplyDeletePixx, in a few chapter the mystery surrounding Josh and his sister will be cleared up and all I can say is, brace yourself. I really like what you said about Mickey having a fight in her because of who she is related to, I think it's certainly true. But as for killing Josh, I wonder if she can.
DeleteThanks for reading.
So he finally shows his true colors.. You can see Beau's influence through and through. It's only a matter of time before the line is crossed and all hell breaks loose. Tantalizing chapter Valpre, truly enjoyable.
ReplyDeleteQK, yes he finally did. Some of it is Beau's influence and some is just plain old Josh, they are very close to crossing a few lines and pissing off a lot of people. Thanks so much for returning to this. It means a lot to me.
DeleteHe's creepy and a schemer! I have to admit I only expected the creepy side of him at first simply because earlier he seemed more timid, now he seems full of confidence and also determined to get what he wants.
ReplyDelete