127. Chance Encounters

Hotel Rosa,
Present day...
The next morning Leigh was running very late for her yoga class. She’d overslept. She’d suspected it would happen since she’d spent half the night going through Krisis’ past.

As late as she was though, she stopped at the front desk to chat with Amanda. She liked the receptionist, she was bubbly and outgoing and they’d grown somewhat friendly over the past few days.
Amanda said something about a Lola Belle concert, but Leigh missed half her excitement. Her attention was stolen by a group of business men and women who’d just walked in.

“It’s the Vampire Council. They’re here for a three day conference with our government.” Amanda filled her in, following her gaze.
Other than the fact they were vampires, there was nothing interesting about them. Nothing that is, until she heard someone address one of the men as ‘Mr. Thornton’.
For a second Leigh thought she had the wrong man, and she was about to dismiss him when he looked away from his companion and stared straight at her. A brief look of recognition flickered in his hazel eyes and she knew it was him, her kids’ grandfather.
Leigh stared back at him, looking for traces of Krisis and Krimsyn. There were none. In fact, he was the total opposite of his children; his auburn hair was on the longish side and his complexion was a shade darker than Krisis’. The only thing he had in common with his son was his tall, masculine frame.
Leigh broke their eye contact, and said something to Amanda, she didn’t remember what though as she slowly waddled towards the exit. She had no intention of acknowledging the man. If what Krimsyn had said was true, about William thinking Krisis deserved better than her and how he hated her because she was human, then he was as dead to her as he was to Krisis.
She was almost at the door when she changed her mind. She couldn’t let it go. She had to tell him exactly what she thought of him.
She pushed through the crowd. William’s face stretched into a cold smile as he watched her approach. It was almost as if he’d issued a challenge and she’d taken his bait. But she knew it was impossible; as long as she was wearing the necklace Krisis had given her in Barnacle Bay, no amount of compulsion would work on her, and because of her blood bond to Krisis, no vampire could claim her either.
She came to a complete stop in front of him. “You’re despicable!”

A million pair of glowing eyes turned to the two of them, an uncomfortable hush washed over the crowd.

“Excuse me?” Thornton murmured in an excruciatingly calm voice.

“You heard me. You’re despicable! You have a chance to make things right with your son and be a part of your grandkids’ lives and what do you do, you pass it up for cheap shots at Krisis. What makes you think you know what’s right for him when you don't even know him? And why, oh, why in the world do you assume a Vampire will love him more than I do?” She yelled at him, bunching up her small hands into tight fists at her sides.
William tried to say something, but Leigh was on fire, she didn’t give him a chance to retaliate.
“Let me make myself clear, Mr. Thornton, I love your son, there's nothing I wouldn't do for him. And I will make him incredibly happy, with or without your approval! If you have nothing good to say to Krisis, stay the hell away from him. He doesn’t need all your hate in his life!” With that she turned on her heel and waddled off, leaving Thornton and the members of the Council stunned.
The Council members quickly regained their composure and they laughed about the incident, dismissing Leigh as a raving lunatic.
But Thornton couldn’t dismiss her. Over breakfast, he kept replaying their encounter in his mind over and over.
No woman, human or vampire, had ever dared to speak to him in that manner. If she wasn’t pregnant, he would have dealt with her right there and then. But as much as he didn’t appreciate the public humiliation he’d suffered at her hands, a small part of him was intrigued and impressed by her. It took guts and a lot of spunk for anyone to stand up to him.
Maybe he was wrong about his son’s human after all. Maybe she wasn’t so weak.
After their breakfast, Thornton and Celina retired to his suite to prepare for his presentation later that evening. 

He tried to focus on his speech, but he kept messing it up, Celina suggested they take a break a few hours into rewrites.
“Celina, find out which room Ms. Starlington is in, send her a dozen yellow roses and invite her to dinner,” he ordered his PA as he stripped off his clothes , getting ready to jump into the hot tub in the patio.
Celina stayed hot on his heels, stopping along the way to pick up his expensive clothes from the floor.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. Krisis told you to stay away from Leigh,” she reminded him.
William ignored her words of caution. He stretched his long frame, rolling his shoulders and back to ease some of the tension from his encounter with Leigh.

He scowled at his PA when he saw quiet defiance in her eyes. She was questioning him and he didn’t appreciate it.

 “Did I stutter, Celina?” He asked softly.
“No.”

“Did I mumble my words or mince them in any way?” He carried on, watching her squirm under his gaze.
“No Sir!”

“Then why are you questioning me? I thought I was very clear with what I wanted, and how I wanted it done!” He added.
“Yes you were. I’m sorry.” Celina apologized.

“I don’t pay you to tell me what you think Celina.” William growled at her, suddenly bored with their conversation. “A dozen yellow roses, and make sure she accepts my dinner invitation.”
“Of course, Sir. I’ll get on it right away,” Celina relented, hating the sick feeling deep in her gut…

27 comments:

  1. Lol, you go girl!!

    I can't wait to see if Leigh accepts the invitation!
    I don't know why but I like Krisis old man with all his arrogant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun. I hope she doesn't back the lion into a corner. If she becomes really stressed, Krisis will know, and come, and what a mess that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! I love how Leigh didn't break stride once she was set on speaking to Thornton! It's interesting that the council called her a loon do they not know who she is?

    Anyway I can't wait to see what they discuss at dinner and I am just hoping that Krisis doesn't find out that Leigh talked to him without saying something to him first because that just spells trouble and they are on the road to recovery...I think.

    Thornton is in for a big slice of humble pie like Karima said. He never expected anyone to talk to him like that and most humans/vamps never have and for his daughter-in-law to walk up and be so forceful really had to impress him and that might just be the break they need to mend that relationship also. I at least hope he gets to meet his grandchildren, I really, really do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh doesn't let anyone intimidate her! I love how she told Thornton off.

    Although I wonder why he wants her to have dinner with him. I can't wait to find out!

    Celina is becoming too sure of herself. I think she might be in love with Thornton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That was amazing! I hope Krisis doesn't flip out about the way she went off! I'm still smiling! Thorton really needed to hear that and I am beyond happy that Leigh was the one that gave it to him! Maybe that was the knock in his head he needed to get his shit together!

    I'd actually like to see him with his kids and grandkids.


    Almost forgot how oh soooooooooooooo yummy he is! *fans self*

    ReplyDelete
  6. *tee hee heee! I've been DYING for these two to meet, and you didn't disappoint! I loved seeing Leigh stand up for Krisis like she did, and Slick WIlly is intrigued!

    Celina better remember her place, or she may be out of more than just a job! Leigh's babies bought her a free pass for crossing WIlliam, but Celina has nothing to stop Mr. Hot as Hell Thornton from making her an evening snack!

    I absolutely cannot wait for dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, way to go Leigh. That will teach him.
    But if Krysis finds out there might be problems. I hope the dinner goes well, or that Krysis is paying close attention to their blood bond so he can sense if shes in trouble.
    Loved this chapter Leigh kind of reminds me of myself, I'm not as weak and fragile as everyone assumes and I have a similiar background. A lot of people think that makes you weak but in truth it makes you stronger.
    Can't wait til next chap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Leigh is so brave!
    good to see William again ;) *sizzle*
    I can't wait to see how Leigh reacts to those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Gasp* Im so glad that she stood up for herself and put Thornton in his place! Take that you human hater! Hahaha Im intrested to see what happens in this next chapter with the dinner and roses and stuff. Im glad that he is starting to think of her a little better.
    But i swear if he hurts her i will hack into your computer some how and kill him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leigh is just a small fish in a very huge pond. As much as Krisis is important to Thornton because he's his son, the council has bigger concerns than knowing every little detail about another mortal. Some of them know her, and some don't. In fact only Celina and Thornton know her because they represent Bridgeport in the Council. In any case, I didn't mean "raving lunatic" in a literal sense. I meant for a human she's real loco to have stood up to Thornton since no one would even dream of it.

    Yeah, if Krisis finds out about the dinner before Leigh gets a chance to tell him, it won't be a pretty sight for all concerned.

    Agreed, Leigh had to do something radical and extraordinary to make a 600+ year old Vampire reconsider his ideals. If all goes well, it would be a great start for everyone, especially Krisis and his father to mend fences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Qui,

    LOL. Glad you think it was amazing. Krisis, if and when he finds out about this incident, will have a lot to say about it, and none of it will be nice. That makes me smile, knowing this made you smile.

    True, someone had to tell him some harsh truths and because it came from Leigh, someone who has nothing to gain from the situation or save face, it really drove the point home.

    Ahhh, it would be nice to see them all together at a family gathering, but...Krisis would die first or kill him first.

    LOL. You'll see him one more time this season, and the next season, he'll have a much bigger role and you'll have all the hotness you want you'll probably be sick of him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jill,

    LOL. I know! It's finally happened. I can't thank you enough for those ideas you gave me with Slick Willy's storyline, and I hope this was a great opening to see them to fruition in Season 5.

    With all their problems, Leigh is still madly in love with Krisis and she meant every word she said to Thornton, there's nothing she wouldn't do for him, and she's proven that by taking on his father and making him know she's all Krisis in their power struggle. The next chapter (naughty), opens up a small crack in the door for a reunion. If all goes well for Krisis, she may be going home with him soon.

    LMAO off at that bit with Celina. Yeah, she overstepped her boundaries and she's lucky she and William have a very long history and he's somewhat fond of her.

    I like the way you're thinking about Leigh and the dinner with Thornton. Their encounter has raised a lot of interest on both sides. And you're right, she might not feel like she has a say in the matter.

    He really wants to start afresh with her, hence the color of the roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fae,

    Mhh, she may have done that, unintentionally of course. Krisis will have a fit if she does get stressed. Thank you, I'm thrilled you love the hotel. If you want it, I can always put it up for download. And I was only planning on using it exclusively for this season, but I may just use it again in Season 5 for the VMAs and your simself will get chance to stay there with the band :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 11daisies,

    Leigh rarely stands up for herself, but when she does, people around her pay attention. She had a very similar confrontation with Krisis just before they started dating, and that particular encounter made Krisis realize though she looks like Laura, she's nothing like her in spirit and that difference appealed to him and made up his mind for him about confronting his growing feelings for her. With that said, she seems to have had a similar effect with Thornton, and there's no telling what she may have awakened in the other man. We'll see.

    He's intrigued by her, she made the first move and opened up the lines of communication and she's his way in. If he wants to get know his grandkids, and maybe his kids too, Leigh is the voice of reason who'll make things happen. And he's genuinely intrigued. He wants to get to know her.

    Celina is in love with Thornton, she's never made it a secret. They have more than just a PA/Boss relationship. In a work setting they act professionally and they retain their level of respect for each other. But at home, Celina has much more power than she does in the boardroom. She and Leigh are probably the only women who can talk sense into him and call him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holley

    I know! I would have probably peed my pants.
    You'll see him one more time this season. And not shirtless. Sorry :)
    She'll be stunned that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dutchy,

    Yes, she did it for Krisis! No one messes with Krisis' baby mama.

    That's an interesting point, so far everyone's assumed she will.

    I love him to bits too. I think it's the arrogance that appeals to me too.

    I'm behind with your update, but I'll be reading it as soon as I find a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anna,

    LOL. It's so weird, I can just picture your voice when you said that first line.
    True! It will teach him, he's been walking around acting all arrogant, someone had to take him down a notch. Exactly, Krisis will not be pleased with any of it, the dinner, flowers, their encounter, everything really!
    I'm glad you love the chapter, and you can identify with Leigh.
    *hugs* for you and Leigh, I agree, it def makes you stronger, and Leigh is much stronger than anyone thinks.

    Thanks for reading Anna, and your continued support, always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rose.

    You just made me LOL I woke up my DH.
    About that dinner, roses and stuff, I wouldn't hold my breath :) The next chapter is all Krisis and Leigh, but the one after that is...interesting!

    Should I be worried, about your hacking capabilities.

    *note to self* make sure all firewalls are secure, change passwords, update virus software.

    LMAO. Just kidding.

    Thanks for reading, and the thread bump on the EA forum :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Go Leigh! Hopefully Thornton realises somewhere in that dark mind of his that Leigh is meant for Krisis. I just hope he doesn't try to interfere with what they have.

    Can't wait to see if she goes to dinner with him. Will she tell Krisis? Will she give Thornton another piece of her mind? I can't wait.
    *bounces impatiently*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Short and sweet, I do wonder what Thorton wants from Leigh....maybe after I post my comment you will post the next part like before!?!? *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  21. GO LEIGH !!! haha x she certainly has the guts! Is he going to try and get revenge to leigh or make it up to her and try and be part of the family? Hmmm.... great chapter cant wait for the next! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Trish!
    Wow, you've finally caught up! Hoot, hoot!

    Mhh, interesting you should bring that up with Thornton. Right now he does realize that, but things can change. Quickly!

    LOL. All in due time, I guess.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Qui,
    LMAO. I'll try and deliver that extra Thornton hotness.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aeon,

    thanks. you know me, I don't do long updates. Thornton just wants to study Leigh. He's intrigued. The only human he fell deeply and madly in love with treated him like shit once she found out he's a vamp, and he automatically assumed all humans are nasty, and he closed off on them. So seeing Leigh stand up for Krisis and profess her unconditional love for him, is mind blowing and intriguing for Thornton.

    It's a few hours late, but it's up.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beth,

    Not all the time, but when she's had enough, she does speak her mind.

    As of now, his intentions for dinner are purely innocent and good. He's not planning anything malicious.

    Thanks for reading.

    The next update is up now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Somehow I think Leigh's letting the entire council know that Krisis is Thorton's son is gonna make the shit hit the ceiling, even though they laughed about it, eventually someone will that that seriously. But go Leigh for giving him a piece of her mind! Woo!

    LOL Thorton is one hairy vampire, and his roughness Is sexy. So masculine......*drools*

    ReplyDelete