.101 Best Mistake

Riverview, present day
still National Vampire Day...
She was still in Riverview, three hours after her arrival, when she should have been on her way to Barnacle Bay. She paced the cramped, stuffy room, snuggling the still screaming baby in her arms, trying to buy his silence by singing long forgotten lullabies.
After a while of her incessant pacing, and Blake’s screams, Candy, the receptionist, politely asked her to sit down and keep the baby quiet. The baby’s screams weren’t good for business. Soon the other tenants in the neighboring offices would call the cops, and the last thing everyone wanted was the men in uniform poking their noses where they shouldn’t.
Tamsyn glared at the other woman for a long time before making her way over to the worn couch. 

She hesitated, wondering if she should sit down or not. The couch looked filthy, and she shuddered when she thought of the millions of invisible germs crawling on the cushions.

When she looked up she found the receptionist’s eyes on her, daring her to say something stupid. Without uttering a word, Tamsyn dropped in her seat, tugging Blake close to her chest.
What was I thinking? Tamsyn wondered as she went over the past few hours in her mind. The reality of what she’d done was only sinking in now.

You did the right thing. He should have been yours from the start…Devon too. Eloise doesn’t deserve him. Her alter ego replied, assuring her she'd done the right thing, and she’d had no other choice. She couldn’t sit by and watch Eloise steal her life.
No, this is wrong. I should never have taken him…

You can’t take him back now. Devon will kill you, if the cops don’t take you out first.
Somewhere in the dark recesses of her mind, a battle between good and evil raged on. Voices she didn’t recognize fought to be heard, emotions screamed to be released. 

A part of her knew what she’d done was wrong, the guilt was all too much, and the pain she knew she’d caused Devon and Eloise rocked her hard, she slumped back in her seat and closed her eyes, silently pleading for forgiveness, wishing her throbbing headache would go away.
I have to do the right thing. Take him back.

No! He’s yours. Nothing will ever come between you now! Nothing!
In the end darkness took over, banishing the weak ray of light.

In the end evil won. It always does…
With her head held high, and the screaming baby still nestled in her arms, Tamsyn rose from the sofa, and approached the makeshift reception area. She wondered why they kept up the act, pretending this place was anything other than what it truly was, a shady establishment.
“What’s taking him so long?” She asked Candy.

“He has other clients too, you know!” The other woman didn’t bother to look up from her magazine. Apparently the gossip on Brangelina on page three of HEAT magazine was much more interesting than anything Tamsyn had to say.
With a disgruntled sigh she returned to her seat and waited her turn. The receptionist turned on the television set in the corner of the room and flicked through the programs. The news channel caught her attention and Tamsyn’s too.
They watched the live broadcast from Bridgeport’s Medical Center where a two week old infant was nabbed by a woman pretending to be a nurse. The cameras zoomed in on a snort-faced Eloise and a grief stricken Devon. Both parents’ eyes were red and swollen, like they had been crying since the terrible tragedy had struck. They pleaded with whoever took their son to return him home safely. An identikit of the suspect was shown briefly.

Thank heavens I look nothing like that. Tamsyn mumbled a small prayer of thanks, of course she didn’t forget to ask God to make sure her friend, nurse Susan, didn’t get into too much trouble since the identikit looked a hell lot like her.
Without uttering a word the receptionist peeled herself away from the TV and scurried off to one of the backrooms beyond the metal door. When she came back, she had her boss in tow, the man who had kept Tamsyn waiting.
Shark, as he was affectionately called by those close to him, looked like a real shark. A hunk of a man, with small beady eyes, an almost nonexistent nose slapped carelessly in the middle of his large face, and a huge mouth full of sharp teeth, an unlit cigarette protruded from one side of his lips. As if he wasn't scary enough, the huge scar on one side of his face added to his "criminal" look. His grey suit jacket, shiny pants, thick gold chain and bracelets yelled “pimp”.
He shook his head, all the while smiling knowingly at Tamsyn before his eyes returned to the screen. He’d just discovered a gold mine. Usually his price for fake papers was decent, but his silence came at a much higher price. And he knew, without a doubt, he’d hit pay dirt.
He motioned for Tamsyn to follow him. She did, reluctantly, dragging her feet slowly on the grey carpet. She had a bad feeling about this one. It wouldn’t end well.
“Take a seat,” he barked, dropping his heavy frame in the chair across from her. A desk lamp flickered weakly, briefly lighting up the gloomy room before it died, reminding Tamsyn of life. How fleeting and brief it is. How quickly it can end.
Shark scribbled a figure on a grimy piece of paper and slid it across the rough surface. Tamsyn glanced at it before passing it back, shaking her head in disagreement.

“No. I want my papers. That’s all I came for. I don’t know what the rest of that amount is for!” She replied stubbornly. But she knew full well how their conversation was going to end.

“Your papers are ready.” Shark replied, and he made a huge show of taking them out of his drawer and slamming the envelopes on the table.
“But I’ve decided to throw in a few extras,” he added softly, his lips still hanging on to the unlit cigarette.


“What do you want?” Tamsyn asked after a minute or so of eyeballing him.
“That’s how much my silence will cost you. I won’t tell if you give me what I want. I know it’s you. I don’t see a lot of white ladies snuggling a screaming black baby. So what do you say? Do we have us a deal?” Still the deceptively soft voice.
Tamsyn stood up from her seat, tallying up numbers in her mind, wondering if she could afford to spare so much money. She honestly couldn’t. She needed every penny. But she made the mistake of looking at Blake and the decision was made for her…

18 comments:

  1. THAT BITCH!

    1. at least I know she has a conscience.

    2. Shark looks sorta like Edward G. Robinson. Kind of. His face just reminds me of him

    3.Awww, it hurt me to 'see' Devon crying. All those plans he made with his son. Phew, up in smoke.

    4.If I don't snatch Blake back in time.

    5.AWwwwww, Blake is such a cutie patootie. I love him

    6. Curse Tamsyn.

    7. I don't know whether to hate her or not. I can dislike her, but hate is a strong word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look like Edward G. Robinson, good call.
    Dueling voices? I knew Tamsyn was evil but is she suffering from a mental illness as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Crazy B*tch better give Blake back!!!
    She can give that Shark all the money she has, but if she thinks for one minute he's done with her, knowing what he knows, then she's even crazier than she seems. (is that possible?)

    Now he has her new identity, since he's the one that provided it. Someone like him only sees dollar signs, and once he gets his "shark" teeth into her, he'll never let up!

    I'm taking heart in the fact that she's still traceable at this point, and I hope the trail will lead poor Dev & El right to her front door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Bitch! She has BPD! Some many voices in her head commanding the "real Tamsyn" to do bad things, crazy! TS3 me! Please! Please make me a "I don't give a damn about this job" cop and let me be the one to discover baby Blake with her and go the hell off and get fired! PLEASE!!!!

    I think Tamsyn just let this man get over on her with no real ground to stand on. What was he going to say? "I sold fake papers to the woman who has your baby?" Once she got that paper all she had to do was get the hell out of dodge! There are always ways to charm the devil and she could have gotten away with it but hey, let her fail! Cheaters should never win and that baby doesn't belong with her anyway!

    My heart skipped a beat when I saw this! YEY!!!!!! SO happy to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yesh , season 3 is finally out! *does small dance* hahah , . She is freaking crazyyy! Besides , i agree with Qui i mean what was the man gonna say ? Poor Devon and Eloise , their lives have gone in just minutes !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah,
    You're back :)

    1. Yeah she does, but what good is it if she doesn't listen.
    2. Really? LOL. Okay.
    3. Devon will be fine. He needs to man up and find his son.
    4. LOL. I bet you would
    5. He is...But he doesn't look black. It's the default replacement I used :(
    6. LOL
    7. True, you can dislike her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seaweedy, you too? LOL. Okay.
    Only her mom can shed some light on that. But all I can say is, it's highly possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill,

    Looks like it will be a while yet before Blake's reunited with his parents.
    As I mentioned to DJ, Shark's gotten all he'll be getting from her, but if a reward is offered by the Starlingtons/Frosts, he'll def be the first person to sell her out. He knows who she is now, but he doesn't know where she's headed, so that might be a problem.

    Thanks. Somehow I think his looks didn't do his description any justice.

    At this point a lot of people have come into contact with her, and if they all go to the cops and the cops starting connecting all the dots, then chances are they'll find her soon.

    You must be channeling your Alabaster angel...But something happens to prompt him to help. He wouldn't help Devon otherwise since they hate each other so much, and Devon will be too proud to ask and accept help from vampires, especially when that vampire is Krisis.

    LOL. They will.

    Thanks for reading, and when Krisis is over, I'll send you for a manicure. Or maybe I'll give your simself one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Qui,

    LOL@BPD...Only her mom can shed some light on that, whether or not she's got a mental illness. LOL. The cops working on the case have been created, and they're pretty level headed :)

    True...She didn't think about that one at all. Shark has so much more to lose if he gets caught, but his PA/receptionist on the other hand can always claim the reward on his behalf if it ever gets offered.

    Blake's with her right now, whether he belongs to her or not, though and in her fragile state a lot can go wrong if she perceives a threat. So how the cops approach this one will be crucial...Or maybe how Devon handles it will decide Blake's fate. We'll see what Dev does when he's faced with tough choices.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beth, that's very true. She's got no idea how demanding a baby can be. Right now though, Shark's gotten all he can from her. But if a reward is offered, he'll be the first to sell her out.

    Thank you. That's one thing I never have to worry about with sims 3, using face overlays. The sims are highly expressive :)
    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GirlyGirl

    It's so good to see you back for Season 3 :) Yes she is crazy. True, she didn't think about this one. But then again, she needed those papers. Shark wasn't going to hand them over, and without the papers she can't disappear.
    Hopefully Dev and El will survive this and they'll find their son.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bitch IS crasy. I love how she talked to herself. It's like she's two different people...at least! Some of those facial expressions are priceless.
    Who ever made Shark did am AWESOME job. He totally looks like a pimp. Ironically, I think it's a good thing he is trying to swindle Tamsyn. If he is all about the $$$ then he wouldn't hesitate to snatch up a reward.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been so busy lately that when I finally got a chance to sit down and check on things I was SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED to see that the third season had started!!!!

    ~ So now Tamsyn's conscience comes into play? Too little too late...but I guess on the other hand late is better than never. I guess we will really know how much her conscience weighs on her if she gives him back...or keeps him.

    ~ Alter Ego??? Oooo I like the sound of that!!! Alter ego's always make things just a little more interesting!!

    ~ If it wasn't official before, it is now, she is completely looney tunes! Acme better come get this biotch before Devon does...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holley, you're right, she is crazy. LOL, first sign of madness right, talking to oneself. N'Raas' enabler helped with the expression. You should try it out some day.

    Thanks. I made him, but the finished product didn't look anything like I'd imagines. Glad you like him though.

    That's so true. If a reward is offered, he'll def snatch it up and rat her out.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenn,

    It makes me so happy that you're happy to see Season 3. Damn, hope that made sense.

    Yep, at least she does have a conscience. Let's hope she listens to her good side and takes him back before he comes to harm.

    I used "alter ego" loosely, not in the classic pyschology contest, and maybe cos I haven't decided if I'll be going the mental route or not with her storyline.

    True, true, Devon will kill her first and then ask questions.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does she NOT have a freaking conscience!?!?
    Why does evil always win over the weak ray of good. :(
    I hope Tamsyn decides not to pay the money.. she did say she needed every cent. Hope someone sells her out...
    Poor Devon, his baby boy snatched before his eyes.

    The expressions on Tamsyn's face however are just priceless. :D

    Shark does look scary. Tamsyn really doesn't seem to be disguising herself nicely. I'm sure Devon will remember the nurse looked familiar to him.. and hopefully the clues will be connected FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mango,

    She does, she's just not listening to it right now.

    She's paid the money, looking at Blake at that moment made her realize she can't bear to lose him, and if she didn't pay Shark, he'd rat her out, and it would be the end of her.

    Yeah, Devon and Eloise didn't see this one coming. It will hurt for a while, before it gets better.

    I know right? You gotta love sims 3 for their expressive faces.

    Thanks, I worked hard on making him look scary.

    Tamsyn's done disguising herself, she figures she's home free now, and the mess she's in, is nothing a new name won't fix.

    True, true. Dev, Eloise and Krimsyn will have a lot to think about and connect. They all came into contact with the villainess, no matter how brief their interactions were some things must have stuck with them.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well didn't you screw yourself over Tamsyn....

    ReplyDelete