68. Kiss

Genre: Paranormal romance, drama

Type: Series
Characters: Leigh & Krisis
Prompt: 87. Kiss
Word Count:  477 +
Warning:  coarse language
Rating:  M- (coarse language, adult situations, nudity. N.B-Applies to the whole series)
Summary: Krisis marks his territory...
________

Barnacle Bay, present day...
She sat crying on the couch, watching her tears trickle through her fingers. Janice would have a bitch fit over her make-up, but at that moment Leigh didn’t care. She cried for all the things she wanted, all the things she had lost, things she would never have…
The door burst open, and she knew  it was Jesse, returning to tell her to get her shit together, no doubt.

 “I just need a second, Jesse. Please,” she wailed, her face still buried in her hands.

“Leigh.”

Her heart paused. Time stopped. And for a brief second, her sobs died down…
There was no mistaking that voice. She looked up and met his ice blue eyes. She wanted to hide from him, but she couldn’t. His heartbroken gaze held her in place, trapping her on the couch. She couldn’t move, couldn’t run, and couldn’t hide. She couldn’t do anything besides take in his raw, masculine perfection. Two months apart had done nothing to damage his devastating good looks. She didn’t know if it was possible, but she felt like she was falling in love with him again.
“You’re getting married.” It wasn’t a question or an accusation. He was simply stating facts. She was wearing a wedding dress, and she looked breathtaking. Every fiber in his body screamed at him to take her in his arms and kiss her until she begged for mercy, make love to her with wild abandon, right there on that punk’s bed…And he would. But first they had to get some things out of the way, get some things straight.
“You don’t love him! And you’re not marrying him.” He stated, still leaning against the door. When she didn’t deny or protest his statements, he locked the door, before closing the distance between them effortlessly.
He pulled her in his arms and kissed her mercilessly, punishing her for leaving him, and making it clear, in no uncertain terms, that she belonged to him and him alone…
At first Leigh struggled, and tried to squirm out of his angry grasp. But when it was obvious he wasn’t planning on  letting her go any time soon, not until she gave him what he wanted at the very least, she leaned closer to him, and sobbed, her lips caving under his persistent search. Months of fear and worry were a distant memory as her mouth welcomed his and she kissed him back, matching his passion, banishing weeks of heartache…
For a long time they poured all their anger and fears, and their pure relief into that single moment in time when they were finally one and all they could hear was the loud thundering of their heartbeats and their pulses racing out of control.
“I love you Leigh. I’ve never stopped loving you. You are my life,” he cried in her hair, crushing her closer to him…









8 comments:

  1. OMG That was so beautiful!!! I want to cry OMG YES!!! I love this soooo much!!! So sad, and warm and....must keep reading!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG That was way better than I ever could have imagined! I love how he told her she was not going to marry Jesse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I managed to make you want to cry Daijahv? That's a first :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krisis is like Eloise in some ways, he doesn't mess around. He's too old to be playing games. He read her thoughts, and everyone else's in that house, so he had a pretty good idea of what was going on, before he went to see Leigh, and that's why he walked in with that take charge kind of attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee!
    Take that Jackie and Jessie!!!
    I laughed when Krisi said he was going to "...make love to her with wild abandon, right there on that punk’s bed…And he would."
    I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart literally skipped a beat when I seen him standing at the door...I fear for Jesse now...though maybe Krisis should take it a little easier on him...save the real rage for Dr McBitchface.

    Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait! There's still gonna be a wedding right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. FINALLY!!!!! lets hope somebody can clear up whats going on real fast before Krisis breaks Jessie in two!...edenz~

    ReplyDelete