14. Regret

Genre: Paranormal romance, drama
Type: Series
Characters: Leigh, Krisis
Prompt:020. Regret
Word Count: 630 +
Warning: none
Rating:  M- (coarse language, sexual situations, nudity. N.B-Applies to the whole series)
Summary: a chance encounter up on the cliff

_________

Bridgeport, present day

For a crazy second, fear and panic gripped her heart when a man emerged from the shadows. She looked up, convinced she was going crazy. It couldn’t be!

She wondered what to do. She could sneak away quietly without being noticed. Or she could just stand there, and stubbornly stare at the city lights above; after all she was there first! The latter was much more enticing.
Moments passed, Leigh stubbornly stared straight ahead, and Krisis did the same.
This is stupid and childish, we are both adults and we can talk, right? She thought, but made no attempt to start the conversation. After a while the tension became too much for her.
“I didn’t know you were back!” She blurted out. No reaction from Krisis. And she wondered if he’d heard her. Of course he had. He was a vampire, and she didn’t even have to raise her voice. His hearing was sharp enough, nothing escaped his senses.

“We got in an hour ago.” His reply was clipped and hard when it finally came, but she wasn’t deterred, she even went as far as going over to him.
“So how did it go?” Leigh asked for the sake of making conversation. She had no interest in hearing about his groupies, but at the same time she couldn’t leave without clearing the air; this tension between them wasn’t healthy, especially since they were bound to bump into each other at the Frosts’ place, or around town, like they had now.

“Fine!” Another curt answer. But this one seriously ticked her off, and she hissed back at him.
“What is your problem? Why do you dislike me so much?” She asked hotly, afraid of his reply, but not willing to let things go. She’d never met anyone who disliked her so much, and the few people who couldn’t stand her had their reasons. But this man, he just didn’t like her period and she wanted to know why.
“You look like her!” She’d expected it, the first cut…she’d even prepared herself for it, put some mental Band-Aid on. But she didn’t expect it to hurt so much.
“And I can’t bear to look at you!” He added softly. She gasped, and stepped away from him, a shocked cry stuck in her throat.
“It’s not my fault I look like her!” She mumbled, her lower lip trembling slightly.
“I never said it was. And I don’t dislike you Ashleigh. You look like someone I loved, and it’s going to take me a long time get used to you, that’s all.” Krisis explained, with a hint of regret in his voice. His words did more damage though, but she was glad they’d had their talk.
For a long time she didn’t know what to say, and when she finally spoke up, the anger in her voice surprised them both.

 “You know what, you’d better hurry up and get used to me because I am not going anywhere! If you plan to make my life miserable working for your sister, it won’t work. I won’t quit my job to make your life easy!” With that she flipped her long dark hair and walked off.
She had no idea…No idea where her sudden spunk and sass came from. Maybe it was her tiff with Eloise and Devon, or the grueling afternoon she’d had with Michaela, but whatever is was, it felt damn good to finally get things off her chest.

Maybe she was a little harsh and rude, but someone had to stand up to that…sexy bully! And she was glad she had. She had no regrets, and if she could do it over she would, but this time around she wouldn’t be the one to leave…it was her cliff, and she shouldn’t have been run off from it.


Read more...

8 comments:

  1. Yey! Leigh! How she managed to go without kissing him.. I don't know but I sure would have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I would have jumped him too Qui. You and me both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ You girls are shocking,..........but I do agree, I would have too,at least he is older than me!lol!
    ~ But I do not see were the kissing would come in, when that is Leigh's place,& she was their first,she was not going to leave because of him,if she had known it is his house over looking that cliff,she would have realized,why he was there!
    ~ Her reseach on the PC was lacking I see!
    ~ loved it Val!(",)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he he. I don't know, but I would have made a plan to squeeze in a kiss, maybe right after snapping at him.

    But maybe Krisis was there because he saw her, not necessarily because he stays there.

    She's not stalkerish...imagine if she knew every bit of his life, then she'd come across as a deranged fan or something. And if she did want to know where he stayed she would have searched for that info and she would have stayed the hell away from the cliff.

    Glad you loved it. Thanks for reading Karima.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous lush shots, I so envy the lighting in Sims 3.

    Sexy Bully, love that, YAY for Leigh for pulling out her inner sassy and spunky self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sexy bully is soooo going to have a vampire wet dream...especially after she stood up for herself and showed some confidence.


    I swear, those glowing eyes just do it to me *fans self* Krisis is HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sexy bully../snicker, you tell him girl=b...edenz~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Leigh :( he doesn't hate you, and he's not trying to make your job difficult. Honestly, if he wanted to make it difficult he probably wouldn't try to stay away from you!

    ReplyDelete