17. Door

Genre: Paranormal romance, drama
Type: Series
Characters: Devon, Tamsyn
Prompt:005. Door
Word Count: 495
Warning: coarse language
Rating:  M- (coarse language, sexual situations, nudity. N.B-Applies to the whole series)
Summary: Devon sets the record the straight...

_________

Bridgeport, present day
In the kitchen, she heard them dash for their clothes, and a second later Devon came out. 

Eloise, understandably scared for her life, stayed in the bedroom, with the door locked. Tamsyn was clearly unstable, and there was no telling what she would do.

“What’s going on? Ever heard of knocking?” Devon asked, his hazel eyes flashing with unmasked anger.
The audacity he has! Tamsyn thought furiously. She wasn’t the one whoring around, yet he had the sheer nerve to raise his voice at her.

“It’s my house, and I can come and go as I please. And that’s my bed too! That bitch has got to go!” She retorted, in a voice loud enough to wake the dead.
“What are you talking about?” Devon was confused. “We broke up Tamsyn! And you need to return the key!”

“I agreed to some time apart. But I want you back now. I want us to start again, get married…I’m willing to forgive you, for sticking up for Leigh all those times…Even for this!” She jerked her head towards the bedroom where Eloise was hiding.

Devon felt like he was caught in some nightmarish time warp. Nothing made sense. Tamsyn showing up like that, finding him entangled with Eloise, and then talking about forgiveness and getting married. The woman was deeply delusional!
“Tam, look, it’s over. We’re not getting back together, and I don’t need your forgiveness because I did nothing wrong,” Devon tried to explain, but his gentle approach sent her in a rage.

“The hell you do! You cheated on me!” She screamed shrilly, causing a neighbor to come and check on the commotion.
Devon explained quietly to the concerned neighbor that things were okay, just a misunderstanding. The neighbor wasn’t convinced, but she reluctantly left, promising to call the cops if more screams were heard again.
 “You need to go Tam. If there was any chance of us working things out, it’s gone now. After this stunt today, I don’t ever want to see you again. It’s over!” He couldn’t wait to close the door on her, and leave that part of his life behind.

“It’s not over Dev. You love me, and I love you. We’ll work things out. You’ll see. And I forgive you. Just get rid of Eloise,” Tamsyn informed him calmly before walking out.
Long after Tamsyn had left, Devon stood in the middle of his kitchen, shaking his head…

Was that really Tamsyn? The woman he’d fallen in love with? How could he have been so wrong about her? And what did it say about him, to be such a bad judge of character?

He wondered if he should phone her mother, explain his fear and worry about Tamsyn’s mental state. But he quickly changed his mind, he could just be overreacting. Maybe it was normal for her to act the way she was. She was just going through a bad patch, obviously not taking the breakup well. 

14 comments:

  1. I think Tamsyn has gone into a state of really bad denial. She is so out of order, and needs to wise up to the fact the he's not coming back :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, true that!

    Her denial has gone too far, and if only Devon can listen to his gut and get her the help she needs. She's in a bad place, and her emotional state can lead to disastrous consequences for Devon and his sister.

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm dead set on this mental case theory! She has lost her mind to the 10th power! Dev and Eloise need to watch their backs, seriously! Again, I LOVE THAT PAIR!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ Wow! I guess we all knew this was coming,but how far & where,is only in Tamsyn's sick mind!
    ~ Seeing it with her own eyes,& still she denies that there is anything wrong,even going so far as to tell Devon she forgives his indiscretions,is she blind,the delusions runs deep,I hope not too deep, as she has three targets in her sights if this goes sour in her mind!
    ~ Val,great job at portraying this,it came accross well!
    ~ Loved it!(",)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I'm with Karima - lock the damn door, Dev! You guys won't EVER get laid at this rate! Lol!
    I have to notice that, in all the commotion & the neighbor coming by, that I didn't see him get that key! Even if she does give it back now she's got plenty of time to make a copy. (does that make me sound like a stalker? Lol)

    Now poor Dev, Eloise and Leigh are really going to have to watch their backs - how her mind kept returning to "fire" is not a good sign...

    I am on pins and needles waiting for the next prompt! Fabulous, fabulous update, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karima,you're so right. She's deeply deluded, and Devon should be afraid, very afraid. There's no telling where her erratic behavior will lead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill, I just want to point out that this happens exactly a month after his breakup with Tamsyn, so he and Eloise would have at least gotten through the deed without interruptions :). I didn’t think I’d have to point it out, plus I was using Tamsyn’s POV, so there’s no way I could have thrown in Dev’s thoughts. My failing as a writer :( But yes, they should lock the door, or keep their hands off each other :). And nope, he didn’t get the key, and he’s not listening to his gut, so whatever happens from here on, is on his head too because the signs were there.

    I agree, Tamsyn is a borderline/sociopath, and she hides her feelings very well. Cheryl has her own problems too, and she’s not interested in dealing with her daughter’s, hence the continuous cycle of drinking. So if even if Dev did tell Cheryl, there’s little that could be done about it :(

    Thanks for reading everyone

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Qui, I think you're Devon & Eloise's biggest fan, that's plain to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally caught up! LOL, I love it. I think I like Tasmyn the most!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aeon, wow, you read through all that. I'm impressed and glad. Tamsyn has quite a few fans. Amazing how many people love the crazy chick tip she's on. LOL. Thanks for giving it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, Tamsyn is crazy. Dev had just graduated from hot to SEXY!!! Just look at him in that last pic...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy hell...Tamsyn is in a definite state of some serious denial! The answer, the end of the relationship is so blatantly staring her in the face and she cannot see it!

    On another note..Ooolala...Eloise and Dev getting it on again? :3 I loooooove it! XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Just, wow. To say that she's not taking the break-up well would be one hell of an understatement, huh? oO

    ReplyDelete